REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-03-2012, 05:24 PM   #226
NLY
Helps you change your flat, doesn't hit on your girlfriend while doing so

Thanked 1,756 Times in 278 Posts
I was driving back home from whistler on the weekend and I noticed hazard lights in the distance. It was a white Lexus IS250 pulled over to the side of the highway a couple kilometers past Squamish. It was raining and there were barely any other cars on the highway so I pulled over for assistance. I put on my hazards and went to knock on the drivers side window. It was a younger guy and he was on the cell phone, there were two other passengers in the car. It turns out the driver of the vehicle had a flat tire but instead of a spare tire, he had an amp installed with fiber glass "for a cleaner look." I checked his rear tire and it was pretty much flat, must of caught a nail or something. He told me he was calling a tow truck and I advised him that would be very expensive. In my mind we had three options, I'll wait with them until the tow trucks comes just in case, lend them my spare tire and hopefully I'll get it back or I can drive them a ride to pick up the spare from his house, and drive back to his car.

I decided to drive them back to his place to grab the spare tire. One of the friends stayed with the car just in case, he had an iPad to play with as we left. As we're driving back his girlfriend tells him to take out the "stupid system" and put the spare tire back. I laughed because I found it pretty funny myself, we all went through that "12's in the back" stage. We pick up the spare tire from the driver's place and start the commute back. At this point we're all just getting to know each other, the driver told me he had been waiting on the side of the highway for about a hour before I showed up.

We get back and he throws the spare tire back on. He hands over a $100 for all the trouble I went through. I told him it's alright and that I really hope someone would do the same for me. I refused to take it and any other payment although I did get a hug from his girlfriend. We exchanged numbers just to keep in touch and they parted their way. I followed them until the end of the highway just in case the spare tire didn't hold up and went my way from there.

The next day he calls me and invites me over to his place for dinner. I show up after work and he's got about 15 friends over.

"He's the guy that pulled over and drove us back to get the spare."

For the night we just chill, drink and had a great time. I felt like good guy greg that night but honestly, I'm just glad to help out someone in need.
Advertisement

2016-2017 Revscene Fantasy Basketball Champion
NLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 06:15 PM   #227
They let me be a moderator. LOL

Thanked 3,670 Times in 867 Posts
Was the guy's girlfriend hot?
SpuGen is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-03-2012, 07:44 PM   #228
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
Pics or it didn't happen, LOLOLOLOL.

just kidding.

although pics of the g/f would be nice.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 07:57 PM   #229
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeanutButter View Post
We exchanged numbers just to keep in touch and they parted their way.
I was thinking maybe his gf gave u her number and decided to go for a real man who actually carries a spare
Old 01-03-2012, 08:01 PM   #230
Summertime Sadness

Thanked 2,911 Times in 648 Posts
Does your gf know bout exchanging numbers?

Jokes aside, well done!

[15-01, 11:33] ICE BOY i'm going to wrap my dick in a crepe and make you suck the filling

[[09-10, 11:34] ICE BOY liquor in the front, poker in the rear
LSF22 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-03-2012, 08:16 PM   #231
NLY

Haha you guys,

The girlfriend fell asleep in my back seat on the way back (I keep a blanket and cushion in rear seats) so when we exchanged numbers she wasn't present. At the party we all got a little tipsy and the girlfriend recommended I crash at their place. I declined the offer because my girlfriend kept calling me and I didn't want to be THAT guy. (Plus I know the next morning is going to be awkward as hell and I hate sleeping in business attire) She was cute though, probably 18-19, was dressed in layers with those yoga pants

I told my friends about the whole experience and they thought I was crazy for even pulling over. I always try my best to help regardless because the driver might need something as simple as directions or a jump start. The 10 minutes you take from your time can save HOURS/MONEY for the other driver. In the back of my mind, I'm always cautious but I've come to realize most people aren't out to get you.

I remember one time I pulled over to fix a spare tire for an older lady and see didn't even say thank you. She had no idea where the the jack and spare tire was located. She was on the phone the entire time I was helping her out and when I was finished, she got in the car and drove away. I don't let experiences like that effect my judgement because 9/10 times, you will get at least a thank you.

This post thanked by:
Old 01-03-2012, 08:19 PM   #232
NLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpuGen View Post
Was the guy's girlfriend hot?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
Pics or it didn't happen, LOLOLOLOL.

just kidding.

although pics of the g/f would be nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DsZ24
I was thinking maybe his gf gave u her number and decided to go for a real man who actually carries a spare
At first I thought he was joking but then he popped his trunk and there were lights and everything lol.

I didn't let him hear the mark levinson system in my car cause the girlfriend was asleep but I thought it sounded a lot better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSF22

Jokes aside, well done!
She's promised to go easy on the snooping but she's got ninja senses. Even with no alerts/vibration she seems to know when I get a message/phone call

Last edited by NLY; 01-03-2012 at 08:24 PM.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:44 PM   #233

Quote:
Haha you guys,

The girlfriend fell asleep in my back seat on the way back (I keep a blanket and cushion in rear seats) so when we exchanged numbers she wasn't present. At the party we all got a little tipsy and the girlfriend recommended I crash at their place. I declined the offer because my girlfriend kept calling me and I didn't want to be THAT guy. (Plus I know the next morning is going to be awkward as hell and I hate sleeping in business attire) She was cute though, probably 18-19, was dressed in layers with those yoga pants

I told my friends about the whole experience and they thought I was crazy for even pulling over. I always try my best to help regardless because the driver might need something as simple as directions or a jump start. The 10 minutes you take from your time can save HOURS/MONEY for the other driver. In the back of my mind, I'm always cautious but I've come to realize most people aren't out to get you.

I remember one time I pulled over to fix a spare tire for an older lady and see didn't even say thank you. She had no idea where the the jack and spare tire was located. She was on the phone the entire time I was helping her out and when I was finished, she got in the car and drove away. I don't let experiences like that effect my judgement because 9/10 times, you will get at least a thank you.

What a bitch.

Would have said, You're Welcome!
You're a great guy peanut butter.
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 08:51 PM   #234
NLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by subordinate View Post
What a bitch.

Would have said, You're Welcome!
You're a great guy peanut butter.
The lady sat in the car while I was outside on my knees but I didn't think much of it, she was older and I always find it awkward when people stand behind you and watch lol

Thanks bro ! I don't do it for good karma, I do it because maybe it'll inspire them to help someone else.

This post thanked by:
Old 01-03-2012, 08:59 PM   #235
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
Some people, like the old woman, will never get it. It is often all about them and nothing else matters. It's sad, but like you said, you cannot let one bad apple/experience spoil the whole bunch.

Keep on keeping on, my friend.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 09:04 PM   #236
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Quote:
The lady sat in the car while I was outside on my knees but I didn't think much of it, she was older and I always find it awkward when people stand behind you and watch lol

Thanks bro ! I don't do it for good karma, I do it because maybe it'll inspire them to help someone else.
Thank you for sharing your experiences. It brightened my day. Surely inspires me to help out whenever I can
pure.life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:19 PM   #237
MoD

Thanked 1,805 Times in 227 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSF22 View Post

Jokes aside, well done!

you sure are either really joking or a serious douche (in regards to another thread)
Old 01-15-2012, 02:57 PM   #238
nlo
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

I was talking to my dad yesterday and he said he was topping up his fluids in the Metrotown parking lot when some guy who drove a titanium or grey r32 GTR(?) skyline on black steelies asked if he needed a boost thinking there was something wrong with the car (white miata). My dad just wanted to say thanks again if the guy is here on revscene , so thanks for the offer!

Last edited by nlo; 01-15-2012 at 04:43 PM.
nlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 11:11 PM   #239

Returned a guy's Iphone and stepped on the brakes on Knight street when I noticed a coyote crossing the street. Although, the damn coyote seemed to be strutting its' stuff like it owned the road. It's likely not scared of humans/cars I guess, not a good thing.
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-16-2012, 12:45 PM   #240
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 2,315 Times in 370 Posts
A hobo was trying to buy a cheeseburger through the drive through late at night, but they wouldn't serve him because he wasn't in a car. I decided to help him out as it was very cold and looked very hungry. I didn't accept his money and bought him an extra cheeseburger, and he was very grateful. Felt awesome to give!
jmanhas is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-16-2012, 01:03 PM   #241
NLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmanhas View Post
A hobo was trying to buy a cheeseburger through the drive through late at night, but they wouldn't serve him because he wasn't in a car. I decided to help him out as it was very cold and looked very hungry. I didn't accept his money and bought him an extra cheeseburger, and he was very grateful. Felt awesome to give!
Awesome job bro and I believe it's because of safety reasons they cannot serve those without a vehicle.

I was at TD on granville late night and there was someone sleeping in the corner with a huge gym bag and empty gatorade bottle. I went back to my car, grabbed two bottles of water, a pack of pringos and cookies. I didn't want to wake him up, so I just left it beside him.

Old 01-16-2012, 04:46 PM   #242
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,100 Times in 259 Posts
Props to you Peanut Butter, its people like you who restore my faith in humanity.

I was driving away in my truck the other day and noticed a homeless person coming down the alley next to my truck, i felt bad for them and ended up giving him a $20 gift card to Tim Hortons as i was leaving.
Previous
1977 Firebird 5.7
1987 Iroc-Z 2.5
1998 Firebird 3.8
1992 BMW 325i 2.5
1994 Dodge Ram 5.2
1996 Dodge Ram 5.9
1996 Cavalier Z22 2.2
1997 Mustang Cobra 4.6
firebird79_00 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-16-2012, 06:35 PM   #243

Thanked 1,382 Times in 416 Posts
I was at a red light, and there was a homeless guy holding a "need money, very hungry" sign coming my way.
I rolled my window down and gave him my banana.
But he returned it and said "thanks for the offer, but I'm not a fan of bananas"

k3mps is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-16-2012, 07:54 PM   #244
I don't get it

^ ungrateful bum. What a load of bull that he's very hungry.

Unless he's like deathly allergic to bananas.
Posted via RS Mobile
butter_sashimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:42 PM   #245
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,967 Times in 290 Posts
Last night comming out of a movie I was Parked at P2 Silver city at metro. Was a late movie the GF and I decided last minute to go watch, so it ended pretty late. Got out of the movie around 1:30 and almost everyone in the movie we watched parked at P2.... So we finally get to my car and I noticed everyone heading out of the underground taking the kingsway exit(where u can only go straight). But from past experiences I know that the light of that intersection will not change after 12 if there is no pedestrian to press the button. So i drove up to P1 towards the kingsway exit to make a right( you can go straight or turn right). Before I made my turn, I got out to press the button for everyone waiting for the light and proceeded on.

UNCE UNCE UNCE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strykn View Post
Comparing A&B with deadmau5? Really? I should fucking slap you

2007 Acura TL
2005 Acura TL....RIP
2003 Honda Accord Coupe V6....RIP
tonyvu is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-18-2012, 11:55 AM   #246
PJ
My name is PJ and I like dogs.

Thanked 1,683 Times in 532 Posts
Yesterday when I was walking from where I parked my car to the gym, a bus full of people was unloading. A 40-50 year old lady got off the bus, took a couple steps, slipped on some ice, fell, and spilled her coffee all over herself. She was so embarassed
What amazed me was that, of the 20ish people getting off the bus, not one person offered to help her.
I walked over to help her up, picked up her travel mug, asked her if she was okay, and gave her a clean towel from my gym bag to wipe off the snow and coffee.

She was almost in tears. I don't know if it was because of the embarassment, or she hurt herself, or my help.
I said "don't worry. It happens to everyone."
She smiled, returned my towel, said "thank you", and got on her way.

It shocks me that no one even bothered to ask if she was okay. I kept thinking to myself, what if that happened to my mom and no one helped?
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 01:21 PM   #247
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Helped a family replace a car battery in the parking lot of Canadian Tire. Nothing particularly interesting. The service department was closed and wouldn't help them so they were just poking around under the hood trying to figure out what to do when I walked up and asked if they needed a jump.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-18-2012, 01:56 PM   #248
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ View Post
Yesterday when I was walking from where I parked my car to the gym, a bus full of people was unloading. A 40-50 year old lady got off the bus, took a couple steps, slipped on some ice, fell, and spilled her coffee all over herself. She was so embarassed
What amazed me was that, of the 20ish people getting off the bus, not one person offered to help her.
I walked over to help her up, picked up her travel mug, asked her if she was okay, and gave her a clean towel from my gym bag to wipe off the snow and coffee.

She was almost in tears. I don't know if it was because of the embarassment, or she hurt herself, or my help.
I said "don't worry. It happens to everyone."
She smiled, returned my towel, said "thank you", and got on her way.

It shocks me that no one even bothered to ask if she was okay. I kept thinking to myself, what if that happened to my mom and no one helped?
What pieces of shit. Good on you.

A situation like this is not the 'bystander effect'. Its just selfish scum.
Pooface55 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-18-2012, 03:28 PM   #249
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Me and a friend were coming back from our trip to Peach-land and seen an orange chevy tuck that hit the median on the shoulder on the coquihalla, we couldn't pull over with the semi trucks and the other traffic behind out so we tried to find a place to turn around and see if they needed some help, but we noticed a snow plow and a truck just up the road heading towards the scene so we figured we would leave it to them since we could not find a U-turn route for some time.

We noticed a small car stopped in the right lane with no 4ways on where the road has no shoulder and a median on both sides. we stopped behind them in the truck with our 4 ways on to warn other traffic behind us, after it was clear we pulled up next to them. The car had to young guys in it in their early 20's and the driver was leaning out his window pouring his vitamin water on the window because he ran out of washer fluid. We got him to follow us down the road to a spot next to an exit where the road was nice and wide and had a shoulder. we got out and opened the toolbox and gave them half a jug of winter rated washer fluid. In return him and his friend offered us weed but we dont smoke so we laughed and said no thanks an continued on our way Laughing about having a healthy windshield
Prolowtone is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-23-2012, 11:36 PM   #250
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 4,550 Times in 463 Posts
Stupid parents. I think any of us would have done the same thing in the end though, so props to the dude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy View Post
my rule of thumb when picking between 2 or more girls .. always go with the one with bigger boobs
palepilsenpin0y is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: