REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-22-2012, 09:11 PM   #401
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Gave an older gentleman my parking ticket that was still valid for close to an hour. He offered to pay me for it, and was clearly very happy when I declined any money.

Feels good to brighten someone's day!
Advertisement
Old 05-22-2012, 10:18 PM   #402
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

^I do that a lot too at the Costco parking lot in DT. I can finish my shopping in less than 30min. I'm usually stuck with a parking ticket that's good for another 90 min. I would just wave it to the next car that drives by and point them to my spot. Any 'lost' revenue to the evil parking corporations + able to help a fellow Vancouver-ite is a 'win' in my books!

2013 Lexus IS350 F-Sport (Melbourne)
too_slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:52 AM   #403
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by too_slow View Post
^I do that a lot too at the Costco parking lot in DT. I can finish my shopping in less than 30min. I'm usually stuck with a parking ticket that's good for another 90 min. I would just wave it to the next car that drives by and point them to my spot. Any 'lost' revenue to the evil parking corporations + able to help a fellow Vancouver-ite is a 'win' in my books!
I do this as well in paid parking lots that requires you to have the receipt placed on your dash. When I have full day receipts or receipts with lots of time remaining, I just place the receipt in the printout slot of the ticket machine.
Old 05-27-2012, 03:16 PM   #404
NLY
Helps you change your flat, doesn't hit on your girlfriend while doing so

Thanked 1,756 Times in 278 Posts
I was out walking the dog at Dover Park when I saw a bunch of kids playing basketball. I noticed the nets on the rim was ripped/missing, and I know the feeling of playing on a hoop without a functioning net. I went to Canadian Tire and purchased two nets, drove to the park and installed them with a step ladder. The kids weren't there anymore but I'm sure they'll enjoy it.

2016-2017 Revscene Fantasy Basketball Champion
NLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 08:26 PM   #405
PM me for my nudes

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,001 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rizo View Post
I was out walking the dog at Dover Park when I saw a bunch of kids playing basketball. I noticed the nets on the rim was ripped/missing, and I know the feeling of playing on a hoop without a functioning net. I went to Canadian Tire and purchased two nets, drove to the park and installed them with a step ladder. The kids weren't there anymore but I'm sure they'll enjoy it.
^ prolly got jacked before they returned.

this city has a lot of jerks
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
This wouldn't happen if you didn't drive a peasant car like an Audi...
Quote:
[14-05, 14:59] FastAnna You tiny bra wearing, gigantic son of a bitch
[15-05, 10:35] FastAnna Yeah I was dreaming of those big titties in that tiny bra
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I'd probably blow someone for that 911
smoothie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 08:32 PM   #406
NLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothie. View Post
^ prolly got jacked before they returned.

this city has a lot of jerks
Yeah I'll just put up another one, they're only $4.

Old 05-27-2012, 08:49 PM   #407
I wish I was where I was when I wished I was here

Thanked 3,098 Times in 733 Posts
On Friday morning I stopped at the Chevron on Lougheed (by Sperling Skytrain) and saw this older black guy talking with the clerk.

I didn't know what was going on exactly but went to grab a coffee and get out. Then I overhear that his car's completely out of gas just down the block, but left his wallet at home as he just ran out to drop his kids off at school.

I didn't really believe him at first, but a manager came out and offered to lend him a jerry can for free, and I decided to step in and say I'll pitch in $5 for gas to get him turned over.

He asked if I had a $10 instead cause he doesn't think $5 will get him turned over... I said it'll turn over for sure don't worry and said it's all I got. He thanked me and I left.

I thought about it and during the day and still wasn't sure if this guy was just lying or was serious.

I feel good about helping somebody out if he was legitimately stranded.. but if he was just taking advantage of people then tsk tsk.
hchang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 09:13 PM   #408
PJ
My name is PJ and I like dogs.

Thanked 1,683 Times in 532 Posts
^There seem to be a lot of these "gas station scammers" going around.. But usually they target the customers, not the clerks.

Hopefully the guy you helped really was legit in need of help.

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 03:00 PM   #409
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Just saw a dude lose 2 ratchets and sockets off his truck so I grabbed em then followed him until he pulled over and gave them back. feelsgoodman
materials is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-29-2012, 03:19 PM   #410
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

was waiting for the person to back out of the parking spot so I can park there, a senior age 65ish walking really slow walking behind the car, the guy in the car backing out but didn't shoulder check, and so it was going to hit him, so I honked to make a sound and alert the person backing out. I looked at the person in the car, he was shaking his head, looks like he is blaming for the senior for walking with out looking or walking slow. I'm glad I honked, and the senior didn't get ran over. I feel like a hero
i-VTEC is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-29-2012, 09:27 PM   #411
I STILL don't get it

I was driving down to the states last week to pick up my tires, and on 176 st out in the boonies, a younger girl was standing on the side of the road with her car hood up. I pulled over and asked her if she needed help. Needless to say, she was quite appreciative of the gesture as she needed a jump start and couldn't get a hold of anyone. Got her car up and running with my booster pack, and made sure she heard my BOV when I ripped by.
Oscar_Binswood is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-29-2012, 10:56 PM   #412
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinezeboi View Post
I was driving down to the states last week to pick up my tires, and on 176 st out in the boonies, a younger girl was standing on the side of the road with her car hood up. I pulled over and asked her if she needed help. Needless to say, she was quite appreciative of the gesture as she needed a jump start and couldn't get a hold of anyone. Got her car up and running with my booster pack, and made sure she heard my BOV when I ripped by.
I instantly thought of this...

Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 10:59 PM   #413
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,543 Times in 840 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rizo View Post
I used to play ball there

good man
Qmx323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:05 PM   #414
NLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qmx323 View Post
I used to play ball there

good man
Nice, I still do from time to time. It's an awesome little park really, there's tennis courts and a big field for the dog to exercise.

The basketball court is nice as well but due to wear and tear, one of the basketball hoops is starting to breakdown (the backboard literally shakes uncontrollably when you hit the rim.)

Last edited by NLY; 09-22-2012 at 12:04 PM.
Old 06-01-2012, 10:39 AM   #415
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

It was raining heavily out there and I just got off the bus. Saw an elderly man with his shirt all wet under the shelter waiting for the rain to stop, so I gave him my umbrella and I ran home in the rain. Hope he did not get sick cuz of the rain.

Feels great to hear "thank you" from people you are able to help! =)
Old 07-05-2012, 10:05 PM   #416
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts
This happened last sunday night June 30th, a bit of background info first, i work as a front desk agent in a small hotel, basically i check in and out guests, duh!, this story isnt abt me but someone else that did the good deed right in front of me.

On the night of the 30th, it was a busy night with the hotel almost full house and many guests arriving to check in, but around 9ish pm, it got very quiet as most of the guests were checked in already, so im minding my own business doing my own thing when the phone rings. A customer calls and is asking a lot of questions, it was during this time a young couple walks in, i told them ill be right with them after the phone call as the customer on the phone is dragging out the questions. 2 secs later an elderly couple walks in, so i think to myself, fuck now theres 2 check ins waiting and the customer on the phone (who isnt making a reservation, but asking question abt the hotel) wont quit asking random questions. So FINALLY the customer on the phone finishes asking the questions and i hang up, i deal with the young couple first since they were here first, they asked how much is it for a room for tonight (walk in, no reservation), i quote them $XXX which is about $40 higher since rooms r running low in my hotel and even for hotels arnd the area, they didnt seem too interested and said the price was a lot higher than they expected, so i told them ill give them some time to think about it while i deal with the elderly couple.

So the elderly couple comes up and checks in, the couple had booked a single king bed room, while i was checking them in, the old man asks how much is it to put a cot in his room, i told him $10 extra, i thought to myself y would he want a cot in his room since its only 2 of them, it didnt hit me until he turns around and asks the young couple if they would like to stay in the elderly couples room and pay him the $10, the young couple agrees and explains that they were going to crash at their friends place for the night but they cannot reach their friends so they had no where to stay (they looked like backpackers from europe). The young couple thanks the elderly man many many times and the elderly man says, hey ive received many good deeds when i was young.

So as i was checking in the elderly couple, i checked the system and saw that there were still rooms available with 2 queen beds, so i think to myself for a sec and figured y not give them 2 queen beds instead because a) the young couple aint gonna fit on the cot, b) i cant leave the front desk to put a cot up into his room, and c) im lazy lol. So i told the elderly couple, here, how about this, if u dont mind queen beds, i can put the 4 of u guys into a room with 2 queen beds because i have rooms available with 2 queen beds, so this way they (the young couple) dont need to sleep in the cot and im only charging $10 extra since its suppose to be $10 extra per person above 2 + cot fee. The elderly couple agrees to take the 2 queen bed room instead and they all thank me many times and the elderly women says to me, ur so nice u have stars shining brightly across ur head right now.

So i finish up checking them in, and the elderly man asks the young couple to help him with the luggage, the elderly woman stays in the lobby to wait, and i told her, that is very, VERY, nice of ur husband to do such a thing, he will have good karma in the future.

In hind sight, i could've gotten into shit since a) the elderly couple could be psychopathic and kills the young couple or vise versa and b) im not charging the right amount, but what ever i felt happy seeing them happy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-05-2012, 10:16 PM   #417
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,422 Times in 918 Posts
Anyone still wondering what happend to PJ and the girl?
Gerbs is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-10-2012, 03:07 PM   #418
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
I was checking out some Civics on CL to putt around in while my car's down for some upgrades. So I respond to an ad where the car's not running but was, less than a month ago. The guy thinks he knows what it is but doesn't want to spend much money cause he would have to take it to a shop and he already has another car. I agreed to go check it out.

I grabbed a bunch of spare parts I thought might fix the problem if it was something simple and thought, "Great, if I can fix it cheap, I can at least get my money back when I go to sell this thing."

The car was parked at the guy's in-law's place and he was at work so his father in law gave me the keys and let me check it out. While I was going through it, he was telling me how it would be nice if they didn't have to sell it cause they only had one car and they had a couple of young kids to tote around, etc. The seller was the only one working fulltime and the mother only had a PT job so she could raise their kids.

The problem was pretty apparent after a quick diagnosis so I replaced a part, made a few adjustments and got the car running. Now under normal circumstances, I would've whipped out a transfer form and bought it on the spot, knowing I'd sell it for at least double when the time came but for whatever reason, I felt inclined to let the owner know what the issue was and that it was a fairly cheap repair. I wanted to give him the opportunity to keep his car so he could get to work and his wife wounldn't have to tote a couple of kids around on the bus.

Long story short, he kept the car and gave me a few bucks for my trouble. He saved a bunch of money having me fix it on the spot and his family doesn't have to struggle with one car.

I do get first refusal if it does go back on the market and since the inlaws knew a few people with similar cars that were having issues, I'll probably get a couple of referals out of it. Karma...feels good bro.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 04:31 PM   #419
PJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbs View Post
Anyone still wondering what happend to PJ and the girl?
She didn't get the job she came here for.

I took her out again for dinner, where she told me that she doesn't know where she's going to go from here. Flying over here was kind of an all-in situation for her, and the cards weren't in her favour. She was meeting the welfare agency the next day. It still astounds me today how a driven, young, attractive girl like that can be so down on her luck.

I of course paid for dinner (which she put up a fight for again) and drove her back to her friend's place.

She sent me an e-mail that night thanking me for everything I've done for her.

I e-mailed her back, but didn't get a response. E-mailed her a few weeks later and still didn't get a response.

Fast forward a couple months to today, and still no response.

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
Old 07-10-2012, 04:35 PM   #420
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliptuner View Post
I was checking out some Civics on CL to putt around in while my car's down for some upgrades. So I respond to an ad where the car's not running but was, less than a month ago. The guy thinks he knows what it is but doesn't want to spend much money cause he would have to take it to a shop and he already has another car. I agreed to go check it out.

This deserves more than a thanks, great effin' stuff dude.

-------

And PJ, I sort of wish you didn't respond. Her not replying back just ruins the story. I'm sure we all wished you had swept her off her feet.
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-11-2012, 03:22 AM   #421
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ View Post
She didn't get the job she came here for.

I took her out again for dinner, where she told me that she doesn't know where she's going to go from here. Flying over here was kind of an all-in situation for her, and the cards weren't in her favour. She was meeting the welfare agency the next day. It still astounds me today how a driven, young, attractive girl like that can be so down on her luck.

I of course paid for dinner (which she put up a fight for again) and drove her back to her friend's place.

She sent me an e-mail that night thanking me for everything I've done for her.

I e-mailed her back, but didn't get a response. E-mailed her a few weeks later and still didn't get a response.

Fast forward a couple months to today, and still no response.

sold laptop or absolutely no care or thought of you anymore </3

i wonder.
Old 07-11-2012, 06:40 AM   #422
PJ

I think it's closer to the latter

Doubt she sold her laptop. She had a Macbook Pro, but she had all these dumb stickers and doodles on it. I don't think anyone would wanna buy it. Also she makes money off of Twitter.. so her laptop was the only source of her income.

But who knows. She's somewhere out there now

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
Old 07-11-2012, 06:44 AM   #423
RS controls my life!

I just picked up a set of tires from TSB down in Point Roberts this past Saturday morning. And as I was tossing all four of em in the back seat, I've been watching this guy(His name was Allen) try to fit a pair of rear tires for his C5 Corvette into his trunk . So I walk over and I see that his daughter and their small dog is in the passenger seat. No way was he gonna be able to bring these home. I offered to carry them home for him since I had plenty of room in my trunk. I told him, "I live in the East Van area so pretty much anywhere is on the way home for me". So I take one tire(lol..) and he kept one half sticking out of his trunk. We cross the border one after another, I paid taxes and they let him go without(lucky guy!). So we drove through the George Massey tunnel and he pulls over at the Visitor info pullout area. He thanked me and was really grateful. Then he explained that his wife would be on the way with a second car to help bring the tires the rest of the way home. So I left it at that and went home.

Here's a photo to go along with the story. Please excuse my phone usage while driving..
Spoiler!
jtrinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 07:00 AM   #424
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
Damn, I was hoping for pics of daughter................ I guess even a guy with a Corvette needs help every so often.

Good on you for helping out.
MG1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 07:11 AM   #425
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

^
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote