REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-24-2012, 06:58 PM   #476
I am Hook'd on RS

A while ago...

After drinking a bit downtown, I saw a bum scouring the floors for cigarette butts... so I lit a new one up and gave it to him.
People gave me weird stares.

EDIT:
Also gave a bum the remainder of my smoke when they were doing the same thing. (was another day)
Advertisement
itsnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:21 AM   #477
PM me for my nudes

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,001 Posts
Helped an old guy get into a chair at mcd

He tells my gf to never let me go.

Posted via RS Mobile
smoothie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:15 AM   #478
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,224 Times in 1,026 Posts
Went to the new Deer Garden on Fraser today for dinner. I noticed when I was parking that there new SWP STi sedan parked behind me had left his trunk open. When I walked by I slammed it shut for him in case some random lowlife decides to steal whatever he has inside. Girlfriend thought I was being weird, I just wanted to look out for others.

The license plate was ### RWG, don't worry bro, got ur back.
EvoFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:35 AM   #479
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
Haha, dude. I agree with your gf. I'm sure it was alright, but, what if for the slightest reasons he wanted it kept open?

Not to mention in vancouver I can see the headlines 'good samiritan beat up' for touching someones car.

But, your intentions were good.
Posted via RS Mobile
vafanculo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:35 AM   #480
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,073 Times in 1,184 Posts
^
In such cases, I was always scared of setting the car alarm off.
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:35 AM   #481
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
^ or opening it up and finding a dead body in there.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-03-2012, 12:11 AM   #482
Need my Daily Fix of RS

some guy dropped his wallet on the bus, I ran off to give it to him... Bus left without me...
Oh well 10 minutes out of my day is better than hours spent replacing a lost wallet
Posted via RS Mobile
aikenluu918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:31 AM   #483
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
Saw a white BMW 5 series with her trunk wide open, turn right from W. 8th onto Cambie and go on the bridge. The whole time there was a yellow Taxi Van behind her. Then cab changes lanes and I thought he was gonna wave her down or something, nothing, he just floors it and blows by her down Cambie Bridge to downtown.

I sped up then lined up beside her, had to honk twice before she turned to look at me. I pointed at her trunk and she thanked me then put on the hazards, slowed down and turned off the bridge onto Pacific.

Unrelated note: I fucking HATE Taxi Vans ... those Vans in particular seem the most asshole'ish out of all of them.
- Recently had one try to "race" me down W. Georgia onto Georgia Viaduct ... he was literally revving his engine at the red light ... da fuck?...
- another time, Taxi Van brake checked me after I horned him for cutting me off!...
- another time, in some alley downtown; I have to go over speedbumps slanted (lowered cars know what I'm talking about), I wasn't even that slow and another Taxi Van rage horns me for like 5 seconds then fingers me...... like wow chill out ....
- taxi van parks ILLEGALLY, blocks my way out and wouldn't move for a good minute or two doing NOTHING, I horned twice and he ignores me ... ended up scratching my front lip driving up the side towards the sidewalk to get out of the parking lot ...

Such attitude problems ... and not helping this poor lady who I could see had a bunch of bags in the trunk is another knock on those fucks ... the taxi driver could have told her when they were stopped together at the red light on W. 8th rather then let her get on the bridge like that ... it could have been dangerous as well if some of those bags jumped out and hit another car since everyone is going 80km/h+ on the bridge.
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-03-2012, 12:37 AM   #484
degenerate extraordinaire

2 weeks ago I was at McDonalds on Main and Terminal, there was one homeless man wanting to get a coffee refill. The store manager asked whether or not the person had left the restaurant, and the guy reluctantly replied he walked outside. The manager was persistent on denying the refill (store policy I guess), and a woman waiting in line signals that she will cover the costs of the coffee.

It was very nice of her!
He would step out of his freshly downtown autospa detailed 996 C4s, check out his own reflection in the driverside window out of habit, take off his brand new limited edition D&G aviator sunglasses so the mf can see the fury in his eyes, sashay over to the other guy and then threaten to insert his black leather Savatore Ferragamo loafers into the guys rear-end.
Ikkaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:51 AM   #485
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
This one's been circling Facepants for a few days...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-03-2012, 11:24 AM   #486
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,583 Times in 4,299 Posts
was at a restaurant the other week and noticed a older women had issues getting out of the booth so I got up and helped her. The appreciation on her face was great and makes it all worth while
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:28 PM   #487
Why'd you do that for?

Was in Surrey a few months ago, had to drive the gf to pharmacy to get some pain killers after her wisdoms got taken out. Saw a homeless guy in the corner near the entrance with blankets and water. Went inside and bought him a loaf of bread and some apples, but when I gave it to him, he had a pack of smokes...then i thought to myself..."aren't pack of smokes at least 10bucks?!". Anyways...he was quite grateful...good thing I didn't give him money though
rk604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-03-2012, 11:34 PM   #488
10psi aint enough...

Glad to read some kindness stores offered by fellow RS members...

Anyone ever experienced when you do something kind for a complete stranger and then other ppl around stare and give this awkward look like "huh, what are you doing?"

Sometimes it feels like the world is losing more and more good ppl...
HondaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:07 PM   #489
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rk604 View Post
Was in Surrey a few months ago, had to drive the gf to pharmacy to get some pain killers after her wisdoms got taken out. Saw a homeless guy in the corner near the entrance with blankets and water. Went inside and bought him a loaf of bread and some apples, but when I gave it to him, he had a pack of smokes...then i thought to myself..."aren't pack of smokes at least 10bucks?!". Anyways...he was quite grateful...good thing I didn't give him money though
in reference to what you said, some people tend to mistake their needs and wants.. such as the homeless guy with his smokes.. dam smokes and their in-elasticity.. sorry studying econ atm LOL
[08-12, 00:25] Iceman-19 the owner was someone i knew. trusted him. that blew up in my face like i was a 19 year old jap girl at a bukkake party.
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:13 PM   #490
J.C
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,790 Times in 592 Posts
^ haha just had my test on elasticity
J.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:18 PM   #491
Zionism gets my shell hard and slimy

Thanked 6,021 Times in 1,129 Posts
was driving home today and i noticed someones window to their car open in the their driveway down the street from me. so i stopped, ran up to the door in the pouring rain and let the homeowner know, the guy was really happy as he wasn't planning on going out to his car till morning! always nice to help out

snails is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-05-2012, 10:36 PM   #492
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Reading all these is great, many great people out there . This reminds me one of the random kindness things I've done is.... Drive thru difference.

Jayesslee fan here, saw this video and It was early morning when I did this, I'd thought it'd be a good idea just in case someone has a rough morning.
geelaw is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-05-2012, 10:44 PM   #493
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,419 Times in 255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by geelaw View Post
Reading all these is great, many great people out there . This reminds me one of the random kindness things I've done is.... Drive thru difference.

Drive Thru Difference - YouTube

Jayesslee fan here, saw this video and It was early morning when I did this, I'd thought it'd be a good idea just in case someone has a rough morning.
Their accents
j.f0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:00 AM   #494
PJ
My name is PJ and I like dogs.

Thanked 1,683 Times in 532 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aikenluu918 View Post
some guy dropped his wallet on the bus, I ran off to give it to him... Bus left without me...
Oh well 10 minutes out of my day is better than hours spent replacing a lost wallet
Posted via RS Mobile
I did this with someone's cellphone once back in my public transit days.
Feltgoodman

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:27 AM   #495
#savethemanuals

Thanked 2,551 Times in 950 Posts
I left my garage door open yesterday and my neighbour was nice enough to text me and say he closed it for me.
Posted via RS Mobile
Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:05 PM   #496
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ View Post
I did this with someone's cellphone once back in my public transit days.
Feltgoodman
Did something similar at school once. Was sitting near the door writing a midterm and some guy was heading outside of the building and like 5 cards fell out of his wallet as he was putting it in his back pocket. Door closed and he continued walking, I ran out of the class during the exam to pick it up for him lol. Prof looked out the door and was like wtf, but saw me hand the guy his cards. I just smiled at the prof and he didnt say anything, then went back to my exam, lol.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:10 PM   #497
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOS'd View Post
Did something similar at school once. Was sitting near the door writing a midterm and some guy was heading outside of the building and like 5 cards fell out of his wallet as he was putting it in his back pocket. Door closed and he continued walking, I ran out of the class during the exam to pick it up for him lol. Prof looked out the door and was like wtf, but saw me hand the guy his cards. I just smiled at the prof and he didnt say anything, then went back to my exam, lol.
The good news is, it was a Humanities class, the whole thing was staged, and you're the only one that passed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-06-2012, 06:58 PM   #498
Banned By Establishment

When I was working yesterday, I was driving south on Argyle street and about to turn right onto 57th when I noticed that the cars from 57 east were not moving even though they had the green light. I was stopped at my red and when I looked, I saw a dog walking up Argyle on the road. I put my car in park and called the dog over and he came right up to me. He was a very friendly dog. I put him in the car and pulled my car over on 57th. After waiting about 15mins to see if the Dog's owner was going to show up, I called animal control and they had an officer come to meet me and pick up the dog. Dog had no collar so I assume he must have got out of the house. He just kept jumping onto my lap wanting attention.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (25.7 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by racerman88; 11-08-2012 at 07:20 PM.
racerman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:35 AM   #499
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerman88 View Post
When I was working yesterday, I was driving south on Argyle street and about to turn right onto 57th when I noticed that the cars from 57 east were not moving even though they had the green light. I was stopped at my red and when I looked, I saw a dog walking up Argyle on the road. I put my car in park and called the dog over and he came right up to me. He was a very friendly dog. I put him in the car and pulled my car over on 57th. After waiting about 15mins to see if the Dog's owner was going to show up, I called animal control called and they had an officer come to meet me and pick up the dog. Dog had no collar so I assume he must have got out of the house. He just kept jumping onto my lap wanting attention.
Nice!

May want to post here too!

http://www.revscene.net/forums/66120...e-read-11.html

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:22 PM   #500
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
I thought about that, but animal control took over. She said that she thinks she remembers the dog from being picked up in the past wandering the streets as well.
racerman88 is offline   Reply With Quote