REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 11-26-2012, 03:41 PM   #501
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
Thank you to the lady who let me have her parking spot at school today and kindly informed me the spot was paid for the entire day. It certainly was an unexpected surprise which brightened up my day.
Advertisement
TOS'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:11 PM   #502
Female Driven

This happened about 2 weeks ago...

I overheard a conversation between the barista and a lady at blenz. She didn't know her way to Steveston Village, and buses take super long to arrive. I don't know her whatsoever...but for some odd reason I looked at the clock, knew I had 30 minutes to spare before I meet up with someone important...SOOOO, i interrupted their conversation and I said, "umm...I can drive you..?" ...kinda creepy, i know.

So i drove her all the way to the other corner of the city and drove all the way back to the city centre. By the time we started leaving blenz, it was already 12:45. Anyways, I was 10 minutes late to my meeting but it was totally worth it!
I felt SOOO good that whole entire day because I've done a good deed. What's more astonishing was that, it turns out she worked at the Blenz Headquarter and was in-charge of all the blenz in Richmond. As a token of appreciation, she gave me a blenz gift card too! YAY.

Now that I think back at it...thank god she wasn't a serial killer and didn't try to rob me..LOL quite a risky decision on my part...

Either wayyyy...instant karma feels good

----------------------------------
Before sex, you help each other get naked. After sex, you only dress yourself.
Moral of story: In life, no one helps you once you're fucked.
FI-Z33 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-26-2012, 04:21 PM   #503
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
^

I remember a year ago, I was waiting for the bus on Willingdon. A cab driver stopped in front of me and told me if I was heading to Metrotown. I nodded, and he said he could give me a lift for free since he was heading towards that direction and it was raining. Once I got in, he told me about how he tries to do a good deed everyday, and this was one of them.

I will never forget that.

But like you, looking back on it, it was pretty risky on my part as well!
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-26-2012, 04:36 PM   #504

^ Less risky for you since it was a cab driver and not just some random by passer.
Old 11-26-2012, 05:15 PM   #505
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOS'd View Post
^ Less risky for you since it was a cab driver and not just some random by passer.
The Cabbie Killer - CSI

Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:01 PM   #506

>tv show

This post thanked by:
Old 11-27-2012, 12:36 AM   #507
Better safe than Surrey

I remember the time some lady asked me for a ride, couple blocks down the street... I figured w/e its only take a few min and I had nothing else to do. Turns out she stole all the change out of my cup holder! Nerve of some people.

On a good note, mom noticed this girl left her jacket on the bus about 2 weeks ago with her wallet in a pocket. Had a UBC card, Upass and credit cards... Called around and was able to contact her thru UBC. She got all her stuff back.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:43 AM   #508
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTG-ZR2 View Post
I remember the time some lady asked me for a ride, couple blocks down the street... I figured w/e its only take a few min and I had nothing else to do. Turns out she stole all the change out of my cup holder! Nerve of some people.

On a good note, mom noticed this girl left her jacket on the bus about 2 weeks ago with her wallet in a pocket. Had a UBC card, Upass and credit cards... Called around and was able to contact her thru UBC. She got all her stuff back.
something similiar happen to my buddy, took his change and his smokes :S
geelaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:29 AM   #509
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,382 Times in 416 Posts
Not me.. but I thought I'd share.
Walking on robson and there was a homeless young (25-35ish) homeless man with a dog asking for change.
A lady comes over and says "so I got you a peppermint latte and I'll leave some snacks in the bag here".
I threw in a dollar and thought she did a nice gesture.
k3mps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:54 AM   #510
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by snails View Post
finally dash cams posting good stuff!

good job!
now take the dash cam into the bedroom
Old 11-27-2012, 11:11 AM   #511
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Chef at Campagnolo gave me some ragu (one of my favorite pasta dishes in Vancouver) after I wrapped filming an interview with him. They weren't actually open so I left so I wouldn't get in their way. I was pretty hungry at the time but right outside was a guy with a sign that just said "Hungry" on it. I mean, I was hungry but I can step into anything and buy food. Hell, a man just gave me food for free and yet, here's a guy on the street, starving.

Gave him the takeout container, which was still pretty warm. "Hey man, I got some pasta here. I haven't eaten from it or anything." Told him to stay there while I ran to 7-11 to grab a plastic fork and bought him a drink. He was pretty happy. Probably way more happy once he digs into that stuff...some of the best pasta I've ever had. Hope he felt full after. That container was enormous.

Went to Costco, got myself a hot dog instead.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:10 PM   #512
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
I'm unsure where this video would most appropriately be posted, I've hesitantly concluded it is in fitting with this thread though.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=4073705694221
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:59 AM   #513
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts

View Screen Capture

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/29/ny...ine.html?_r=1&
http://www.newsday.com/news/new-york...tion-1.4272975
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:48 AM   #514
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,726 Times in 302 Posts
A couple weeks back, I met these three girls from Vancouver at the skytrain station in Richmond. They seemed completely lost and were asking for directions. No one seemed to be able to point them out in the right direction. I told them where their destination was but when they asked me how they could get there via transit, I didn't have any clue. It was raining pretty hard that night and luckily my house was just nearby. I got my car and 10 minutes later, I picked them up and dropped them off. The car ride was awkward as hell for them though
tomatogunk is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-30-2012, 09:00 AM   #515
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,063 Times in 1,182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Gave him the takeout container, which was still pretty warm. "Hey man, I got some pasta here. I haven't eaten from it or anything." Told him to stay there while I ran to 7-11 to grab a plastic fork and bought him a drink. He was pretty happy. Probably way more happy once he digs into that stuff...some of the best pasta I've ever had. Hope he felt full after. That container was enormous.
Best pasta he's ever had, probably!
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-30-2012, 10:22 AM   #516
PJ
My name is PJ and I like dogs.

Thanked 1,683 Times in 532 Posts
I was hanging out at Granville Island Monday afternoon, killing some time before meeting my agent. I picked up some Thai food and luckily, a couple had just finished at one of the tables, so I grabbed their seat. If anyone recalls this food court, it doesn't matter when you're there - weekday afternoon, or a weekend morning. It's always so packed that a lot of people don't even try to find a seat. They just eat standing up... or sit outside near the docks.

I saw an older couple - late 60's, searching for a table. I looked around, and there was no way they were going to find one. Even if one did clear up, some speedy little kid would make a run for it to reserve it for his family. So I thought "ahh what the hell, it's a bit chilly outside, but the sun's still out." I stood up and offered them my table. They kindly declined, but I insisted and told them I was on my way out. (I wasn't.) I helped them set their tray down and pulled out the chairs for them.
"Thank you so much, you're a true gentleman." said the man.
"The girl in your life must be very lucky." added the woman.
I chuckled and said "Thank you, and you're welcome. Enjoy your lunch."
Just seeing them made me smile. Not in a creepy way, but because they were still holding hands at that age. I picked up my pad thai, stopped at the java hut to grab a cup of coffee, and went outside to sit by the docks.

I finished up my food and just sat around with my coffee, playing with my iPhone waiting for my agent to call. Just then, an attractive artsy brunette, early-mid twenties with tight jeans and black hipster glasses came up to me and said "if you leave your food scraps out like that, the seagulls are gonna attack you."
I replied "You sound like you speak from experience."
She grabbed a coffee, and we chatted for half an hour or so. (Instant karma? )

Funny enough, as I was about bail on her and meet up with my agent, that old couple I gave the table to, walked by and said to the girl, "You're a lucky lady. He is a stand-up young man." She smiled with a confused look. I cleared the air with everyone, and we all exchanged some awkward laughs and explanations. I went on my way with a huge smile on my face.

Who knew that so much could follow by simply giving up your seat?

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:51 AM   #517
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,063 Times in 1,182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ View Post
Who knew that so much could follow by simply giving up your seat?
Too bad I can't thank you 2x!
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-30-2012, 12:25 PM   #518
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

PJ always have the best stories

wuuhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-30-2012, 01:55 PM   #519
PJ

lol thanks.

I try to do at least one good deed every day.

I just share the interesting ones in this thread that are worth telling, and not just "Held the door open for someone. He said thanks." Those are simple courtesies that people should be practicing anyway. Well, at least people who have a sense of character.

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
This post thanked by:
Old 11-30-2012, 02:21 PM   #520
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,696 Times in 1,625 Posts
A while ago I was at save-on-foods' cashier line, and an elderly gentleman in front of me was having trouble with his new chip-visa card, because he didn't change the arbitrary PIN#, and was just unfamiliar with the entire new system, said it was his only card and no cash. Cashier was a twenties girl who looked pretty new, didn't know what to do and it was right around dinner time, so the managers were all busy.

The man was about to leave everything and walk away when I offered to pay for the gentleman - it was only around $15; milk, eggs, bread, etc. - and even though he politely refused, I insisted, told them it wasn't a big deal.

The man thanked me multiple times and the cashier girl gave me a huge smile and said I was very nice

Went home with a smile
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-30-2012, 02:23 PM   #521
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Not sure if this is considered a good deed; probably more like good business practice? Whenever I have senior customers or people who look like they are living in poverty, I always give them huge discounts or free stuff which in some cases I end up not making any money or even losing money.

There are more than a dozen times where seniors or random people need an extra backing for their earring or a jump ring to fix their jewellery. I often just help them out or give them a couple more extra free of charge.

Once in awhile during the slow days there are some lonely people that roam the mall and they would just stop and tell you their life story. Most of the time I just listen and chat with them for a bit until it becomes creepy or I have other customers.

Knowing that I have made the day for some strangers is a pretty awesome feeling....=)

Past:
Mercedes 2003 SLK 230
VW 2007 Rabbit MK5
Yuffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:48 PM   #522
Wanna have a threesome?

I've noticed there's a very quite young fellow in one of my classes. During discussions, he never voices an opinion, and in fact, he seems to go to lengths to blend into the background as much as possible. I wasn't sure if he was just shy, or if there's something more significant there. During the last class, I saw he was standing in a quite corner outside flipping through a book during our coffee break (it's a three hour class). I found it odd, but dismissed it. Today, he was back outside again. Instead of dismissing it, I picked up two cups of coffee and brought one out to him. Such a nice kid, but definitely very shy and that's why he was going outside instead of hanging around class chatting. After a few minutes of talking he really relaxed, and seemed genuinely quite happy to be hanging out a bit. Being shy can be tough, and caps the quality of the experience of a semi-social situation like this class. My hope is extending a friendly hand made his day a bit better, and will maybe make him a little more comfortable in class in general. It's the simplest acts that make a difference...

Quote:
lol thanks.

I try to do at least one good deed every day.

I just share the interesting ones in this thread that are worth telling, and not just "Held the door open for someone. He said thanks." Those are simple courtesies that people should be practicing anyway. Well, at least people who have a sense of character.
I very much agree, and try to do a good deed every day for the same reason.
Old 11-30-2012, 06:35 PM   #523
PJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post
I've noticed there's a very quite young fellow in one of my classes. During discussions, he never voices an opinion, and in fact, he seems to go to lengths to blend into the background as much as possible. I wasn't sure if he was just shy, or if there's something more significant there. During the last class, I saw he was standing in a quite corner outside flipping through a book during our coffee break (it's a three hour class). I found it odd, but dismissed it. Today, he was back outside again. Instead of dismissing it, I picked up two cups of coffee and brought one out to him. Such a nice kid, but definitely very shy and that's why he was going outside instead of hanging around class chatting. After a few minutes of talking he really relaxed, and seemed genuinely quite happy to be hanging out a bit. Being shy can be tough, and caps the quality of the experience of a semi-social situation like this class. My hope is extending a friendly hand made his day a bit better, and will maybe make him a little more comfortable in class in general. It's the simplest acts that make a difference...
This is huge. This one really struck a chord with me.

There was a time in my life when I was that kid, and I wish I had someone who would've made that year a little easier for me.

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
This post thanked by:
Old 11-30-2012, 06:39 PM   #524
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by inv4zn View Post
The man thanked me multiple times and the cashier girl gave me a huge smile and said I was very nice

Went home with cashier girl
This is a much better story
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:03 PM   #525
Wanna have a threesome?

Quote:
This is huge. This one really struck a chord with me.

There was a time in my life when I was that kid, and I wish I had someone who would've made that year a little easier for me.
Thanks, PJ.

I've been there too, I think the majority of people have at some point. I know from experience there's not a more disheartening or dehumanizing experience than feeling alone in a crowd, and how it wears on you mentally in a fundamental way.

I once bought lunch for myself and a homeless man, and sat down to eat it with him. As hungry as he was, I got the feeling the conversation meant infinitely more. Humans need interaction with other humans, it's as much a necessity to mental health as food and water is to physical health.