REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 12-26-2013, 12:05 AM   #726
Need my Daily Fix of RS

just finished watching this and i feel like i need to rant

After watching it made me think with a different perspective. The part where the homeless man opened the blanket i realize that now a days people take what they have for granted, to you might just be a blanket and you think oh wow just a blanket but you have to put yourselves into others shoes to see what its worth to other. To see the smile on his face when he saw the blanked was the best part of the video and to see him hug and cherish the blanket. It really made me think different it doesn't matter what kind of car you drive or how big your house is, that does not determine the person you are

Looking back i realized i should be grateful to be able to have loving parents who toke a lot of the money they made for the 25 years of being in Canada and spend it toward me and my siblings to have a happy life and to have the many things that we wanted. i asked my parent why they decided to buy me a merecedes for my 19th birthday and they said " we just wanted you to have the happy childhood we couldn't have back when we were children in vietnam.

'It doesn't matter how much you have, what have matters the most"

These are just my thoughts and opinions.
Advertisement

Last edited by fivetwo; 12-26-2013 at 12:07 AM. Reason: really tired when posted might have many grammatical errors
fivetwo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-26-2013, 09:01 PM   #727
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,979 Times in 262 Posts
Someone else's act of kindness.

Pip the pup, 10 months old, slipped past me in the garage and took off.
Crap!

I walked the neighbourhood for an hour.

'Phone rang, neighbour had the pup. Sweet relief.

Effusive reuniting ensued, JOY!
finbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 06:38 PM   #728
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
Went to 7-11, engaged in some small talk with someone sitting outside. Asked if he was hungry since it was dinner-ish time, but he said no its alright. Bought him a cup of hot chocolate since he mentioned it was cold.
Old 01-30-2014, 04:47 PM   #729
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
So yesterday the fire alarm went off at my condo and obviously the elevators are shutdown during fire emergency. So I had to make my way down 25 floors of stairs in my shorts at 8am in the morning... a couple floors down I caught up to an old Filipino lady that was going down the steps really slowly and carrying 2 plastic bags, so I offered to help her carry her bags down the rest of the way. I stayed with her all the way down because it looked like she was struggling, if she couldn't make it I was planning to carry her.
When we got to the 3rd floor, the speaker system announced that it was a false alarm ... then I asked the lady if she wanted to just take the elevator back up to her room, she said no it's ok, she was gonna head down to P1 to dump her garbage and points at the 2 bags I was holding .....

OMGWTFBBQ?!?!?... she decided to lug two bags of GARBAGE down 20 floors in a FIRE EMERGENCY?!?!?!?!... so I politely told her she should never to do that again incase it was a real fire, the garbage bags would slow her down and risk more problems, she smiled and said ok thanks... LOL WTF?!?!...
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 07:45 PM   #730
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
You cared enough and the old lady may not remember who you are, but will remember the kindness.

You are a good person........... that's all that matters.

thank you
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-18-2014, 11:35 AM   #731
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Bought a homeless guy a hot chocolate and a poppy seed loaf outside the starbucks on Robson. was a hell of a cold night, felt like doing something good. He looked at me with disbelief when I gave him the starbucks. I should be doing more nice things more often.
toyobaru is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-19-2014, 07:09 PM   #732
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts

faith in humanity = somewhat restored

What Happened When Strangers Saw A Little Boy Shivering Outside Without A Coat

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 09:51 PM   #733
Rider

Thanked 2,601 Times in 272 Posts
Kelowna high school students change the Neknomination game
Old 02-20-2014, 08:18 AM   #734
Rider

Thanked 2,081 Times in 532 Posts
not sure if right place but....

Witnessed a New diver trying to reverse park yesterday took him three times to park. First he bumped into the car, then scrapped along side it, and finally made it into the stall on the third try. So I show him how to reverse park right beside him lol. He just sits in his car, so I get out and look at car he hit and there are some deep scratches, then i take my phone out and get both license plates down before heading to class. This morning i decide to call dial a claim and wait on the line for half an hour...... Finally on the line to report everything and it turns out that the car filed a claim for a hit and run yesterday.
gdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-20-2014, 03:37 PM   #735
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdoh View Post
not sure if right place but....

Witnessed a New diver trying to reverse park yesterday took him three times to park. First he bumped into the car, then scrapped along side it, and finally made it into the stall on the third try. So I show him how to reverse park right beside him lol. He just sits in his car, so I get out and look at car he hit and there are some deep scratches, then i take my phone out and get both license plates down before heading to class. This morning i decide to call dial a claim and wait on the line for half an hour...... Finally on the line to report everything and it turns out that the car filed a claim for a hit and run yesterday.
Nobody likes a snitch

Spoiler!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 07:46 PM   #736
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
It's not much but today at the airport I found a wallet with over $800 cash in it and I returned it to the passenger flying to Munich
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 08:30 PM   #737

Thanked 3,074 Times in 1,184 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSALES View Post
It's not much but today at the airport I found a wallet with over $800 cash in it and I returned it to the passenger flying to Munich
$800 is not "not much".
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 09:30 PM   #738
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,855 Times in 889 Posts
Quote:

METRO VANCOUVER -- Surrey bus driver Surjit Singh Virk is still smiling about the random act of kindness he witnessed last Saturday on a cold and rainy day coming home on the bus.

He noticed a man wearing plastic bags on his feet instead of shoes.

Virk then watched as another man came onto the bus, heading to Guildford. The man initially took a seat beside Virk, but then he too noticed the man with no shoes and moved across the aisle to be closer to him.

“He (the second man) started to take his shoes and socks off and I wondered why? He slid his shoes over and said he should take them. He said he lived nearby. Wow, I was so inspired by it. It was soul touching. He simply got up and got off at the next stop.”

Virk, who happened to have his phone out, quickly took a photo of the unknown good Samaritan as he walked barefoot away from the bus stop. He then spoke to the man who was putting on the shoes.

“I asked him if I could take his picture and share his story with the people. It was amazing to see something like that. It was one human to another human. It was shocking to witness something like that.”

Virk, who wasn’t working at the time, said he was coming home that day from the Vaisakhi parade, where there was a collective spirit of charity.

But this was different, he said.

“This was a random act of kindness. He noticed something and thought this man’s needs were greater than his own. Then he did something to help.”
Act of kindness touches Surrey bus passengers
bobbinka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 01:12 PM   #739
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

was working on the inside of my car when i started hearing this knocking noise, i thought my fuel pump was making the noise so i stopped working and kept hearing the noise, i looked out the back and saw an older lady driving with a flat tire, apparently someone slashed her tire and smashed her window, she was trying to get to a repair shop a block away from my place so i told her to pull over so i could put her spare on for her, took me 5 min to do it and she was on her way
Old 04-28-2014, 11:32 PM   #740
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
i just got scammed for $50 this morning when i was outside going to work, i was going to the garbage can to throw something out & saw an old lady picking up garbage so i gave her my $50 bill

she thanked me & walked away, then just when i turn my head back i saw her pulling her smart phone making a call..............i was like

after i got on the bus i offer my seat to ppl that need it, i know seat offering isnt much but back then in the early 2000s no one in china did it (when i went there for a vacation) & now only like 1% of ppl do it (which is slightly better then before)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-29-2014, 12:37 AM   #741
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,755 Times in 544 Posts
ill give u an extra brownie point for your kindness sir lol
ilovebacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 07:54 AM   #742
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ae101 View Post
i just got scammed for $50 this morning when i was outside going to work, i was going to the garbage can to throw something out & saw an old lady picking up garbage so i gave her my $50 bill
So... you scammed yourself then?

Cuz I mean, I'll come pick up garbage in front of your place if you'll give me $50 too. I have a smartphone and all, but hey, fifty bucks is fifty bucks...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-29-2014, 08:25 AM   #743
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
i mean i saw an old lady dressed up all dirty & what not picking up garbage in front of a garbage.can, so i gave her my 50
Posted via RS Mobile
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 10:17 AM   #744
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,422 Times in 918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ae101 View Post
i mean i saw an old lady dressed up all dirty & what not picking up garbage in front of a garbage.can, so i gave her my 50
Posted via RS Mobile
wot you are weird
Posted via RS Mobile
Gerbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 03:15 PM   #745
#savethemanuals

Thanked 2,551 Times in 950 Posts
Was sitting in my car when I see this Accord clip the bumper of the TT-RS. Damage to the Audi's bumper and rear wheel was minor but I still made sure the lady stayed and luckily I was able to find the owner of the Audi at the Starbucks. The owner was very grateful and I just told him that if it was my car that got hit I'd want someone to do the same. (*I know that the Audi's parking was a bit meh but still)

Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-02-2014, 09:53 PM   #746
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,069 Times in 1,253 Posts
^ lol vyrospec

parking for starbucks there is just awful

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 10:41 PM   #747

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
The driver of the Audi will probably learn to park better next time as well lol
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-15-2014, 09:41 PM   #748
TMT
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Saw a homeless women today. I see her there regularly. But today I saw her hunched down crying. She doesn't look like she uses drugs, so I thought she might've been hungry or something. Even though I'm currently a full-time student, I ended up giving her a decent amount for a meal and she was genuinely thankful for it. She disappeared right away so I hope that was the case.

Last edited by TMT; 02-23-2015 at 12:35 PM.
TMT is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-18-2014, 01:35 PM   #749
Meet on the Level and Part on the Square

Thanked 2,093 Times in 669 Posts
My 5 year old son walked all the way down the block this morning to ask the old guy living there if he needed a hand in his garden. Proud dad moment.
Zedbra is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-18-2014, 01:38 PM   #750
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedbra View Post
My 5 year old son walked all the way down the block this morning to ask the old guy living there if he needed a hand in his garden. Proud dad moment.
Parenting, you're doing it right did he end up helping him in his garden?
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: