REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 05-10-2010, 08:56 PM   #876
How I Mod your mother

I absolutely hate the skull crushers with the ez curl bar. Something about it just feels awkward to me
Advertisement
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 09:32 PM   #877
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
100lbs+ dumbell shoulder press is awesome! i just went up to 85lbs a week or 2 ago.

i agree, shoulders do take a while to move up. probably because the shoulder muscles are pretty small in comparison to other groups and adding 5lbs is alot of increase.

honestly anything over about 60 or 65 isnt too shabby.

i love skull crushers with the ez curl bar. thats my new favorite tri exercise. my tris are sore for days after
Old 05-11-2010, 12:41 PM   #878
G
Banned (BBM)

Is skipping good? How long do you usually skip and what part of the body does it help?
G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 05:21 PM   #879
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
does anyone use animal pack, herd mix feeling about these, i have no multi vit left and the one i used like does not exist any more
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 06:23 PM   #880
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal0g0dv2 View Post
does anyone use animal pack, herd mix feeling about these, i have no multi vit left and the one i used like does not exist any more
Check my post one page back.
BlackV62K2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 07:35 PM   #881
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,854 Times in 8,215 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by R View Post
Is skipping good? How long do you usually skip and what part of the body does it help?
It's great if you want to hang out with 7 year old girls
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 08:51 PM   #882
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
It's great if you want to hang out with 7 year old girls
fuck that. thats ignorant.
Skipping is a great cardio work out, and great work for the calves…just do it properly (like a hop).
I do 10 minutes of skipping (usually like 5-8, and then another 5-8) when I do my boxing circuit (combination with speed bag for 10-15 minutes, and 5-10 mins heavy bag)
mc25 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-11-2010, 08:55 PM   #883
How I Mod your mother

Got a cancellation call today so my hernia surgery is next Wednesday!
I cant wait to get this shit over with, but not looking forward to taking a month off..
UGH
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 11:40 PM   #884
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
from my quick google educating of steel cut vs rolled oats. there really isnt much difference between the 2 other than rolled oats may be steamed abit to make them cook faster. steel cut oats rated at 42 and rolled oats rated at 50 on the Glycemic Index
good to know. i haven't looked into it enough. I usually go by bro-science LOL. Have never really been into working out. I usually get fat...go to the gym, drop the lbs, quit and get fat...repeat The eating aspect is what kills it for me. Its not really possible to get your macros right if you are going to eat out .

Last edited by ws6ta; 05-13-2010 at 12:22 AM.
ws6ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 11:40 PM   #885
RS Operative (G)

Hey wsta8 how often do u go threw abottle of that , on I phone sorry typos
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 05-12-2010, 11:41 PM   #886
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine50 View Post
lol first I don't lift in my basement, second I don't do 20's, third I've worked out at fitness world and a bunch of other gyms so I guess everyone else is full of bitches cuz they can't lift 100 + on military presses. Oh yeah sorry I didn't back track a shit load of pages and read all his prior lifts and stats like I said i'm calling bs but I also think that it's impossible plus I just read his weight so I'm assuming he's a big fucking guy.

I love how guys like you give answers back like this on the net acting your hard shit on the Internet being total jackasses, I wasn't even talking about u I should have expedected that kinda response, I'd love to see u walk into any gym and tell some big guy who can't lift 100+ for military press that he's a pussy and probably does 20's in his basement. Shit I wish u said all that in front of me.

Halo like I said I never read any prior stats or anything but I dunno about u or anyone else but when I see ppl talking about how the do 200 this 300 that sometimes 500 max im thinking yeah right a majority of ppl have probably bs'd online at some point, what's ur bf% tho???
Posted via RS Mobile
Quote:
no all I mean is I've never seen anyone do 100's and I dint have attitude I only do when guys like you make comments about me when you guys do know anything about me, how the fuck I'm I retard? What I do I said something that I thought apparently he's posted his log on here which I didn't know so if it's legit that fine. If I wanted to I could have said I do 120 or make up sum bs number and you guys would probably be like yeah right bullshit knowing the ppl here cuz you guys don't know anything about me just like how I don't know anything about that guy except now u guys telling me he's legit so that's fine then end of topic.
Posted via RS Mobile
the problem is you came on here and your 6th post in this thread was you calling out one of the legit regulars who works his fucking nuts off to get to where he is. no contribution to this thread, no posting anything about your workout, no offering advice. just straight up "I'm calling some bs sorry bro." and you started things off with "I've never even seen a guy do 100+ for shoulder press in any gym ever." which leads me to believe you dont spend much time in the gym or pushing heavy iron, which means you probably dont have a fucking clue what you're talking about. Most of us in here spend 4-5 days a week working as hard as we can to reach our goals.

You calling bullshit on halo, you may as well call bullshit on everyone. You're the one who came in here 'acting all hard' calling out people now you're acting all hard. I wouldnt have to "walk into any gym and tell some big guy who can't lift 100+ for military press that he's a pussy and probably does 20's in his basement" because Id see that hes in the gym working towards his goals, not going on the internet calling bullshit on other peoples workouts.

you could come in here and say you're repping 150lb shoulder presses for all I care, i wouldnt pay much attention untill I read you posting advice or opinions or suggestions like the rest of us do.

now, if youd like, we can all forget this little display, and you can start over by introducing yourself. maybe mention where you're at, and where you want to be, and maybe how you plan to get there.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:58 PM   #887
RS Operative (G)

Could not be any more clear on that one dude
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 05-13-2010, 12:02 AM   #888
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

^^^^^^ well I guess I should have just stuck to what i was doin but alright I'm down, but thanks for the actual response not just goin straight to "oh u must work our in your basement" but anyways I asked this before but never got an answer anyone take size on before??? How'd u find it if u did

how long have u been workin out for (halo), I didn't quote bc I thought I'd comment first that why the arrows are there......
Posted via RS Mobile
Alpine50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 12:10 AM   #889
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

this is kinda off topic from the whole oats convo goin on but what are u guys' take on flax seed bread? Cuz right now i'm just whipping up deli meat, cheese, and flax seed bread prior to work out. I'm aiming to pack on weight so I guess a little bit of fat is good for me?
Lolkai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 12:15 AM   #890
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

what do you want to do? are you a little guy and want to gain mass and muscle (thats me) or trying to just get stronger? or or you a big dude trying to cut down?

size on is a weight gainer, where the only way you get the proper amount of protein is by taking like 6 scoops a day in 3 different servings which comes with a side of an assload of calories

now the guys that make size-on and other weight gainers tell us its a good kind of carb (low gi) and not a bad carb (high gi) like just strait sugar or bleached flour etc

my take on it? its expensive if you are taking the recomended servings, and i dont trust that its got the kind of calories i want to be taking loads of in. so i make my own high cal high protein shakes with ingredients that i know are good for me like rolled oats, peanut butter(the real stuff not kraft) olive oil, and a good quality protein and fruit

ps i actually tried size on a couple times, i dont like how it tasted/mixed and i couldnt see myself to committing to drinking 3 glasses of it a day
jeffh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 12:16 AM   #891
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:
no all I mean is I've never seen anyone do 100's and I dint have attitude I only do when guys like you make comments about me when you guys do know anything about me, how the fuck I'm I retard? What I do I said something that I thought apparently he's posted his log on here which I didn't know so if it's legit that fine. If I wanted to I could have said I do 120 or make up sum bs number and you guys would probably be like yeah right bullshit knowing the ppl here cuz you guys don't know anything about me just like how I don't know anything about that guy except now u guys telling me he's legit so that's fine then end of topic.
Posted via RS Mobile
That's how.
Lolkai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 12:16 AM   #892

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolkai View Post
this is kinda off topic from the whole oats convo goin on but what are u guys' take on flax seed bread? Cuz right now i'm just whipping up deli meat, cheese, and flax seed bread prior to work out. I'm aiming to pack on weight so I guess a little bit of fat is good for me?
get on the natural peanut butter train man. good fat with lots of calories
i have a pb sammich around 10am everyday at work with a protein shake
This post thanked by:
Old 05-13-2010, 12:19 AM   #893

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabi View Post
reason being consuming lots of carbs could lead to a drop in blood glucose a short time after consumption and affect your training intensity and have leave you feeling lethargic or bloated... now consuming low gi food might help mitigate that

BUT if it works for you and you feel great during your workouts then your body may not be as sensitive to carb consumption as most...

i prefer getting 2-3 meals with lots of carbs in and consume only protein and fat in the 2-3 hr window before my workout... so the low gi carbs would be consumed well prior

that is my take on it, i wouldn't disagree with anyone that felt loading up on carbs right before is the way to go either if the above side effects don't seem to apply to them

with regard to steel cut vs rolled oats, i would go steel cut hands down in any situation but i don't know how well that would go down in a shake... but if you do try it, let me know how it turns out
I usually have no problems eating carbs and going to the gym. I actually have huge issues with running out of steam at the gym if I'm feeling hungry. Typically I will eat, wait about 30 mins have some white flood and head out for the gym so its not like I'm having the protein/carbs as I'm walking into the gym.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:24 AM   #894

Quote:
Hey wsta8 how often do u go threw abottle of that , on I phone sorry typos
Posted via RS Mobile
15 days/workouts. I don't drink it the days I don't workout. It kind of stinks too for those that smell their food before they eat it
Old 05-13-2010, 12:29 AM   #895

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffh View Post
get on the natural peanut butter train man. good fat with lots of calories
i have a pb sammich around 10am everyday at work with a protein shake

I actually like peanut butter but I'm mildly allergic to peanuts. If I eat the peanut butter I get to enjoy the taste but my throat gets way too itchy lol If I eat half an oh henry I'm fine. If I eat the whole thing I have issues LOL.
Old 05-13-2010, 01:14 AM   #896
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolkai View Post
That's how.
Seeing as I'm on my iPhone alright............
Posted via RS Mobile
Alpine50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 09:39 AM   #897
My homepage has been set to RS

SIZEON is not meant to be a weight gainer, and youre not supposed to take 6 scoops a day…its a post workout drink, that is meant to replenish you and repair your muscles.

Quote:
HAT DOES SIZEON DO?

Promotes Protein Synthesis & Muscle Force Recovery
Supports Muscle Volume, Muscle Fiber Size, Cell Volume & Plasma Amino Acid Levels
Amplifies S6K1 and 4E-BP1 Signaling and Hypertrophic mTOR Pathway Conduction
Encourages Myogenesis and Muscle Recovery While You Are Still Training
Delivers Vital Nutrients, Essential Minerals, and Growth Cofactors To Skeletal Muscle Tissue.
Harnesses the Power of Pterostilbene
Includes the never before seen LOLA™, our cutting-edge, amino acid salt L-Ornithine-L-Aspartate
mc25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 10:28 AM   #898
RS Operative (G)

ws6ta maybe look into these

http://www.tmuscle.com/productInfo.do?id=2517969
Old 05-13-2010, 10:54 AM   #899

Quote:
too much sugar in them. I know I go from slob to ridiculously picky really quick but if I'm in "workout" mode I don't like to waste my time . Need to drop about 20lbs by july. I'm 221 right now. Thinking about taking yohimbine/ephedrine/caffeine stack.
Old 05-13-2010, 01:05 PM   #900

sometimes im a fucking retard

that is all