REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Food & Fine Dining (https://www.revscene.net/forums/food-fine-dining_33/)
-   -   Best Sushi In Town (https://www.revscene.net/forums/257577-best-sushi-town.html)

Pepe187 12-14-2004 02:21 PM

Best Sushi In Town

there is a place on marine and cambie. its on the east side of cambie. almost across from the petro canada. i think its called marine sushi. he makes the best sushi u have ever had. my favourite is the spicy tuna!! yummy
ill post the actual adress once i find the business card. i go there about once a week. try it out. and tell him the spanish couple sent u.!!

XtC_13aBy 12-15-2004 02:34 AM

hey..come to sushi house.. my mom works there, along with some of my hs aquaintances.. the sushi chefs are all japanese, plus pweety girls workin for cashier^^..lol.. plus nigiri sushis are pretty big, the sashimis are quite long.. 3x larger than those all u can eat nigiri sushis...
anyway it's on kingsway near the highgate village mall..

Samurai sushi is good too, my coworker used to work there.

both of them are quite cheap and good quality + quantity

~*Bree*~ 12-15-2004 09:41 AM

samurai sushi is good in quantity...as in quality its just okay

cant beat their sashimi's size though...oh man, they're huge! and its cheap too..

one portion of their house-rolls can feed 2 people

Pepe187 12-15-2004 10:10 AM

ok. ill try them both. im always opened to good recommendations.
thanks chicas.

Amuse 12-15-2004 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ~*Bree*~

cant beat their sashimi's size though...oh man, they're huge! and its cheap too..

agree :)

carisear 12-15-2004 08:53 PM

sushi king house is exactly the same as samurai sushi -- same house rolls, same size, same price -- just that their quality is WAAAAY better. everything just tastes better at sushi king.

RFlush 12-16-2004 12:26 AM

Sakae Sushi in Richmond. Best himachi ever! Have to order a day ahead to make sure there is some left. Plus their uni is great.

milkman 12-16-2004 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by ~*Bree*~

how much is it

endless402 12-19-2004 11:21 PM

i go to sushi world cuz of good quality and unique rolls

AudiA4Turbo 12-19-2004 11:58 PM

sakae in downtown is better than the one in richmond, the one in richmond blows.....the sushi guys are like chinese, so not even authentic....tojo's is not bad if ur willing to spend a bit more

vancouveray 12-20-2004 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by AudiA4Turbo
sakae in downtown is better than the one in richmond, the one in richmond blows.....the sushi guys are like chinese, so not even authentic....tojo's is not bad if ur willing to spend a bit more
most the japanese restaurants in vancouver aren't authentic

~*Bree*~ 12-20-2004 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by lotus604
how much is it
cant remember how much..but...its cheap :p

DragonChi 12-20-2004 03:15 AM

uh
do good chefs really have to be their race/ethencity to be good in that certain cuisine?

oldsnail 12-20-2004 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by lotus604
how much is it
i remember an average piece of sushi is a buck..

i remember i can wrap the fish around the rice 2-3 times.. thats how huge it is.. LOL..

yeh, its cheap.. your mouth will smell like fish if u eat too much

Pepe187 12-20-2004 09:11 AM

well, i think that the chef's dont have to be japanese but its always a bonus when they are. and at the marine drive sushi, he's japanese.

4DSC 12-20-2004 09:45 AM

Look at it this way: Do Chinese cooks always make the best Chinese food? :D

AudiA4Turbo 12-21-2004 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by 4DSC
Look at it this way: Do Chinese cooks always make the best Chinese food? :D
yes, i don't expect some white or indian dude to make good chinese food.....likewise for a non-japanese to make good japanese food.....i'm not trying to be racist here or anything, just stating the facts.....i mean the food will come pretty damn close, but it's just the little details that make the difference

4DSC 12-21-2004 11:05 AM

...okay, fair enough and I DO see your point, but what I actually meant was that there are quite a few Chinese guys out there making Chinese food that tastes like total crap.

I went to a Mexican place in the US once run by a Mexican family or something, and it was awful...

AudiA4Turbo 12-21-2004 05:17 PM

Quote:

...okay, fair enough and I DO see your point, but what I actually meant was that there are quite a few Chinese guys out there making Chinese food that tastes like total crap.

I went to a Mexican place in the US once run by a Mexican family or something, and it was awful...

haha depends where you go too =)

Pepe187 12-21-2004 09:20 PM

i agree with the both of u homies.

carisear 12-21-2004 10:39 PM

Quote:

hah, i know what you mean.

best mexican food i ever had was in texas. maaaaan, portions are gi-normous, and taste sooooooo goood.

i can't stomache anything in vancouver now because of it =(

vancouveray 12-22-2004 01:03 AM

Quote:

Maybe it was awful becuase it's real authentic mexican food.
People think that chinese food is just chicken chow mein and friend rice. It's not. Chinese food is totally different from what people really think it is.

zx7rrrr 12-22-2004 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by vancouveray

People think that chinese food is just chicken chow mein and friend rice. It's not. Chinese food is totally different from what people really think it is.

yeah, real chinese food SUCKS! They use wierd parts of the animal. Like feet, head, eyes, Fins??!! and ears. It taste wierd,

~*Bree*~ 12-22-2004 09:16 AM

i dont mind eating porks' ear..LOL..

oh yeah..indonesian food got this fish head soup too..and they tasted good!!

jnesss 12-22-2004 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by XtC_13aBy
hey..come to sushi house.. my mom works there, along with some of my hs aquaintances.. the sushi chefs are all japanese, plus pweety girls workin for cashier^^..lol.. plus nigiri sushis are pretty big, the sashimis are quite long.. 3x larger than those all u can eat nigiri sushis...
anyway it's on kingsway near the highgate village mall..

Samurai sushi is good too, my coworker used to work there.

both of them are quite cheap and good quality + quantity

hey i work across the street from sushi house lol. (side note: the bakery next door's pretty good!)