REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Entertainment Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/entertainment-forum_27/)
-   -   What's the last movie you saw and rate it... (https://www.revscene.net/forums/513888-whats-last-movie-you-saw-rate.html)

welfare 06-04-2018 02:28 AM

Black panther

Even though these types of movies aren't really my cup of tea, i thought, judging by the massive hype, that it would be better. But acting was mediocre at best. Effects were nothing special. Storyline was just ok. Overall a pretty meh movie.

4/10

mikemhg 06-04-2018 02:29 PM

^^^Oh man there is so much irony in your two posts, Welfare, I'm chuckling to myself.

How convenient the closet racist on the board, absolutely hated Black Panther (not your cup of tea), but you LOVED the premise of American History X, a movie about a white supremacist (by the way, I enjoyed the movie myself).

I find something oddly amusing by those two posts in conjunction and the thought of you watching both films in relation. You are certainly a character, I'll give you that.

Euro7r 06-04-2018 06:46 PM

Tomb Raider - 6/10. Not the same without Angelina Jolie

welfare 06-04-2018 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikemhg (Post 8905425)
^^^Oh man there is so much irony in your two posts, Welfare, I'm chuckling to myself.

How convenient the closet racist on the board, absolutely hated Black Panther (not your cup of tea), but you LOVED the premise of American History X, a movie about a white supremacist (by the way, I enjoyed the movie myself).

I find something oddly amusing by those two posts in conjunction and the thought of you watching both films in relation. You are certainly a character, I'll give you that.

There definitely is a contrast there. It is only coincidental though.
Truth is these were the first two movies I've seen in months.
A co-worker made some reference to American history x last week and i thought to myself, i remember that being a pretty good movie. I think I'll check it out again.
So i watched that, and figured i was on a roll for movie watching, so i thought I'd watch black panther. Since i made a bit of a stink about it here when it came out.
Tbh, now that I've seen it, i don't think anything was propagated in the movie itself. Maybe the hype that surrounded it though. But that's about it.
And yea, action and superhero movies have never been my thing. They just seem boring and repetitive, imo.
Different strokes for different folks though.
As for acting and dialog, tbh, i find most box office hits these days to be sub par. Probably because they're all the same genre that I'm not interested in.
So I'm not just picking on this movie. It just happens to be the only box office smash that I've seen in ages. I'd probably feel the same about tomb raider. or any other one of the dozens of movies of that genre out these days.
Because, they aren't my cup of tea

white rocket 06-05-2018 11:35 AM

American History X isn't about racism specifically, it's about the harm that can come from blind hate through tragic events and how it leads to destructiveness for those around one of the main characters and how he looks for absolution. Easily one of my all time favorite movies both when new and today.

Hidden 8/10 - different take on the zombie/outbreak genre. Slow but intense drama, excellent acting from all 3 main characters, good story, nice ending. All in all a great watch.

ilovebacon 06-05-2018 01:24 PM

Watched this last night.

bmcmking 06-21-2018 07:43 PM

TOTALLY AGREE

Quote:

Originally Posted by Euro7r (Post 8905469)
Tomb Raider - 6/10. Not the same without Angelina Jolie

6793026 06-21-2018 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilovebacon (Post 8905630)
Watched this last night.

the documentary; which was way before this movie was made, was good too.

pinn3r 06-21-2018 11:52 PM

Hereditary 10/10 absolute masterpiece

Never have I been so terrified to peer into my rear-view mirror, or stare into a dark room for too long... literally had trouble sleeping for 3 nights after this flick lol. Disturbing, horrifying, and unsettling with clever little details hidden throughout the film that warrants a second viewing

Caveat: don't go in expecting this to be a mainstream horror, 'cause it's NOT. Jumpscares are non-existent, but it's got a lot of visual fuckery that'll make you question your eyesight. It's a slow burner, so you won't be able to truly appreciate it if you're not a patient viewer.

6793026 06-22-2018 08:46 AM

the trailer looks awesome. thx pinn3r... will check it out

white rocket 06-22-2018 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinn3r (Post 8908151)
Hereditary 10/10 absolute masterpiece

Nice!! I have high hopes for this movie and most reviews I've seen are similar to yours. People are calling it next level horror and it leaves you will feelings that haunt for days afterwards.

pinn3r 06-22-2018 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by white rocket (Post 8908188)
Nice!! I have high hopes for this movie and most reviews I've seen are similar to yours. People are calling it next level horror and it leaves you will feelings that haunt for days afterwards.

It definitely is, and I would even venture as far as to say that it's classic-worthy. I've never been so obsessed with a movie in my life LOL I spent the next few days reading up on theories and things I missed in the movie over on r/horror

Though, I don't want to hype it up for you guys. A couple of my buddies watched it and were like "I don't get it" or "Too slow dude, I fell asleep." Likely because they were expecting cheap scares... it's an elongated, stressful buildup with a few scenes that'll mentally hijack you for a few minutes

Kamui712 06-23-2018 12:05 AM

Hereditary 7.5/10

Started out a little slow... but once things start to get interesting it's great. Some scenes came off more funny than serious but that might've been the Friday night crowd. There are some really messed up images/scenes that'll stick with you.

way2quik 06-29-2018 10:21 PM

A Quiet Place: 9/10.
It is different from the typical Cloverdale or post apocalyptic movies. At times it got me thinking what will happen next.

haha13 06-30-2018 11:19 AM

sicario day of soldado 9/10

if u watched the first one, ur gonna love this one. This one is like turned up 200% lol. The music and action scenes keep you at the edge of ur seat

white rocket 07-01-2018 08:49 AM

IT 7/10 - nice modernization, I like how they arranged the events, kids were good, cool that it was in the 80's as it gave it a Stranger Things feel(Richie is played but one of those kids as well) Pennywise was OK but some of his stuff was down right chessy. Hard to one-up Tim Curry though, he was absolutely terrifying. A decently worthy update on a classic. Looking forward to Chapter 2.

R. Mutt 07-01-2018 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haha13 (Post 8909162)
sicario day of soldado 9/10

if u watched the first one, ur gonna love this one. This one is like turned up 200% lol. The music and action scenes keep you at the edge of ur seat

I hope so. I loved the first one. Going to see it tonight. My concern is because the director and DOP are different it won’t have the same feel as the first and will just compensate with more action. It’s actually the lack of action and high tension build up that made the first one so good for me. Felt like they were building up to that border sequence forever vs the instant gratification of over the top action movies that are a dime a dozen.

sonick 07-01-2018 11:17 AM

Blockers 6.5/10

In terms of r rated adult comedies recently, Games Night had more laughs per hour.

quasi 07-01-2018 09:39 PM

Sicario Day of Soldado 7.75/10

I like the first one, this one wasn't bad but not quite as good as the first IMO. It was better then a 7.5 but not quite an 8 for me.

R. Mutt 07-01-2018 11:30 PM

Completely agree

vixroar 07-02-2018 01:35 AM

Sicario Day of the Soldado - 7/10

Looooved the first one, but the story in this one just doesn't do it for me - the ending just felt incomplete and rushed.

SkinnyPupp 07-02-2018 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by welfare (Post 8905346)
American History X

Some of the dialog and acting seemed a bit forced. Not as good as i remembered it being when it was originally released, but still a very decent movie. Terrific premise.

8/10

Quote:

Originally Posted by welfare (Post 8905363)
Black panther

Even though these types of movies aren't really my cup of tea, i thought, judging by the massive hype, that it would be better. But acting was mediocre at best. Effects were nothing special. Storyline was just ok. Overall a pretty meh movie.

4/10

omg I can't believe I just noticed this.... Just... Good one! EleGiggle

pastarocket 07-03-2018 08:18 AM

The Incredibles 2: 8/10.

-decent script, funny characters. Pixar did a good job with the animation.

Xplicit_EL 07-05-2018 12:00 PM

The First Purge - 8.5/10

Easily one of the better in the Purge series. A lot more action and you get a lot more back story to how the Purge started (obviously)

Tim Budong 07-05-2018 08:58 PM

Antman and the Wasp 7/10

Paul Rudd mannerisms and jokes...
weakplot..but fun movie

#itsallconnected