REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Entertainment Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/entertainment-forum_27/)
-   -   What's the last movie you saw and rate it... (https://www.revscene.net/forums/513888-whats-last-movie-you-saw-rate.html)

ilovebacon 07-06-2018 09:10 PM

vixroar 07-08-2018 02:17 PM

Ant-Man and the Wasp - 8/10

Really fun movie. If you liked the first one, you'll like this one just as much.

CivicBlues 07-08-2018 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilovebacon (Post 8910019)

It was truly a Shawshank Redemption :badpokerface:

rsx 07-09-2018 10:48 PM

Antman Wasp - 5.5/10
Tried too hard to be funny, seemed very forced compared to the first one. Weak plot and even weaker comedy.

SkinnyPupp 07-10-2018 12:42 AM

Rampage 4/10

It met my expectations so I can't complain

pastarocket 07-15-2018 12:43 PM

Skyscraper 6/10.

-cartoonish villain, weak storyline. -only the performance of Neve Campbell and the action scenes involving The Rock saved this movie.

R. Mutt 07-15-2018 09:30 PM

Hereditary 9/10

Man this film was sooooo good. I’m not a horror buff but this film got to me. As it progressed I just got more and more uncomfortable. The use of light and shadow is amazing. It’s not a “jump scare” film. It just makes you feel progressively uncomfortable with what’s in the shot, holding longer than you want, putting things in the corner of frame but you aren’t sure if it’s really there. It just chucks with you. Really good acting all around. The build up is pretty nuts. Fear is subjective but for me this is how horror should be done. Can’t recommend this film enough. Who ever posted it in the last page - thank you!

SiRV 07-15-2018 10:44 PM

Antman and the Wasp 6/10
Not bad... but the post-credits made me :eek5r:

pastarocket 07-22-2018 09:04 PM

Ready Player One 9/10

-good movie. One of Spielberg's finest. -good soundtrack of 80s hits.

Xplicit_EL 07-23-2018 11:30 AM

A Prayer Before Dawn (2017) - 8.5/10

If you guys ever wonder what its like in an East Asian prison , then watch the movie.....really graphic , dark and realistic

6793026 07-29-2018 11:39 PM

mission impossible: fall out.
Pros:
1) this is their 6th installment so I give it they already a great job coming up with a legit script. (eg// there is always a twist, so, in a way I'm still happy to see the script (still) worked.
2) yes, there is no CGI in this
3) The score was different so good for them to be able to pull it off.
4) Henry Cavill (Superman) had to put on a mustache (I secretly think it's the ONLY way we can take him seriously due to the cliche superman image.
5) yes, there is the famous helicopter scene & the scene where he broke his foot was the draw since TOm does his own stunts (some of it and the broken foot one made it to the cut)

Bad / cons
1) I do not think it was that action packed; the action sequence were weak. Him riding the BMW R nineT motorcycle was boring and didn't have any tension; he was just running away from the cops. Not a lot of crazy gun fights either.
2) Henry Cavill really can't act. He did this role ok, just that one scene of him talking to (Angela Bassett) the black chick, was weakkkk sauce.
3) last 2 MI movies: BMW cars + new hand print on window technology / windshield GPS, this one.. nothing.

I really had high hopes because the reviews were great. I know they put a lot of efforts on making a difference in this one, from the music & stunts. Just didn't feel there were too much tension in this one and the locations were not memorable.

Compared these:
Rouge Nation: Morocco motorcycle chase scene, opera house,jumping into the water hole holding breath for 2 minutes.
Ghost Protocol: Filmed in BC, climbing "Dubai" and using contact lens technology, Russia Kremlin (3D projector + water drip scene)
MI3 was Philip Seymour Hoffman in China and jumping over the two buildings.

I would watch the previous 2 than this one. 7.5/10

pastarocket 08-06-2018 09:30 AM

Mission Impossible: Fallout. 7.5/10.

-good stunt work by Cruise.

-decent script.

The female lead in this movie (Rebecca Ferguson) is hot! FeelsGoodMan

Cons: BMW product placements everywhere with the cars and motorcycles used in scenes.

68style 08-06-2018 10:41 AM

Rebecca Ferguson was riding a Triumph Tiger if it makes you feel any better!

Verdasco 08-06-2018 08:07 PM

mission impossible fall out

9/10

great scenes, girlfriend held my arm the whole way

would give it 10/10 if fucking henry cavill can fix his crooked teeth. Terrible.....

bcrdukes 08-06-2018 08:55 PM

Would you guys rather it be a Toyota Yaris or a Nissan Micra instead of BMW? :facepalm:

GS8 08-06-2018 09:28 PM

'Watched' Zootopia today while cleaning house.

3/10

Only liked it for the animation. The script had a good idea in concept but was terrible in execution. The SJW subplot was just asinine. Too much cringe overall. I wanted to like it but nope. I miss old Disney. I guess all the seasoned screenwriters have retired and we're left with literary graduates & international baccalaureates from wordpress & tumblr.

Verdasco 08-06-2018 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcrdukes (Post 8913919)
Would you guys rather it be a Toyota Yaris or a Nissan Micra instead of BMW? :facepalm:

idk why people complaining about bmws, some of them are actually decent compared to other brands........ jurassic world used shitty mercedes models... low end ones

welfare 08-07-2018 06:53 PM

-Conrack (1974)

Quote:

In this uplifting drama based on the memoir "The Water is Wide," Pat Conroy (Jon Voight) accepts a teaching position on an isolated island in South Carolina. There he finds a class of black students who are not only illiterate, but also wanting for simple personal hygiene. Conroy contradicts the lax institutional standards and exposes his students to a wide range of topics, but those in power do not take kindly to his efforts to overturn their racist policies.
Really great movie. Cool to see Voight at such a young age.
8.5/10

XSSIV 08-09-2018 07:15 AM

Watched Tau the other day on Netflix.

Decent.

Hondaracer 08-12-2018 07:57 PM

Coco by Pixar in Netflix

8.5/10

This is a fantastic movie and the animation by Pixar May be the best I’ve ever seen. The characters are obviously stylized but the backgrounds look as if they could be live action. It’s hard to tell if they are fake or not. On top of that the story was excellent and quite a moving Disney movie

320icar 08-12-2018 08:28 PM

after about a decade I rewatched Lost in Translation. 9/10, better than I remembered.

I love a good ‘slow burn’ movie. A film you have to put your phone down and let yourself get absorbed by the emotion. Great acting, both script and subconscious.

6793026 08-15-2018 08:48 AM

Avenger. Aside from cgi, it wasnt that bad. I went in with zero expectations. Sad ending, just now have to see how part 2 comes together. Don't even want to rate it; so many bits tying it all together which was the only saving grace.

Skyscraper. Loved how it was van filmed with some HK cast. Didn't think it was epic exciting. 6/10

mk1freak 08-19-2018 05:58 PM

Mile 22 imax.
8.5/10
If youre looking for mindless action spec ops violence. this is the one. I'd see it again.

6793026 08-19-2018 07:59 PM

The Insult. AMAZING movie. 2017 foreign film; nominated for oscars.

Tension between Lebanese Christian and devoted member of the Christian Party. Acting is superb, personal differences, freedom of speech, religion etc. Just a great movie overall. Not a mystery movie, just a simple no CGI movie. 9/10

Vansterdam 08-20-2018 02:14 PM

skyscraper 6/10
was cool to see all the spots they shot in Van for this

Blackkklansman

8.5/10

solid movie