REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Food & Fine Dining (https://www.revscene.net/forums/food-fine-dining_33/)
-   -   Where's the last place you ate at and rate it ... (https://www.revscene.net/forums/530956-wheres-last-place-you-ate-rate.html)

d1 09-20-2009 09:26 PM

Pho Tam - 6/10

Decent portions but some of my beef was way over cooked.

bd0n 09-21-2009 12:20 AM

fuel has a new cheesecake with grape ice cream, mmmmmmm it was yum

danlee78 09-21-2009 12:52 AM

Yianni's Greek (New West across from Timmy's on 6th)

9.5/10

Love the roast lamb here. I think it's WAY better then Stepho's. RSers should go try it~!

way2quik 09-21-2009 04:13 PM

89 inn, by Fraser St.

9/10.
The place has 3 HDTV's mounted. Pretty sweet. Japanese and Western Cuisine.

mako 09-27-2009 10:48 AM

Vietnamese place on Main and 29th?

Cleaner and better looking than your usual pho place

8 out of 10 for pho

CP.AR 09-29-2009 06:59 PM

Vietnamese on Main and 25th (it's there somewhere lol

^ Unlike you nismo, I found it actually quite a bit dirtier (I usually go to West Lake in Richmond)
EXCELLENT spring rolls, EXCELLENT SOUP

I give 9/10

Turns out all of Revscene are Pho addicts.

mako 09-29-2009 07:06 PM

^
well ... i was comparing to the Pho99, Pho whatever generic places

http://www.westlakerestaurant.com/

place looks good, im gonna have to give it a try

hal0g0dv2 09-29-2009 07:57 PM

Ninkazu Japanese 9/10

skyxx 10-03-2009 09:16 PM

Szechuan Restaurant (On Saba Rd., Richmond)

Food: 8.5/10
Most of the menu items are spicy. There weren't that many dishes to choose from. It could be because it's Mooncake Festival, I'm not sure about other days. Personally, I love spicy food so this place was great. The food was very delicious. In fact it's one of the better restaurants I have tasted in Richmond and Vancouver offering Szechuan cuisine. We couldn't order that many dishes since there was only two of us. If there was a group of 4-6 people then it would have been better since we could have tried more variety. If you're looking for some cheap eats then this isn't the place. The dishes were a tad on the pricey side. Not expensive just pricey, but the quality of the food can compensate for it.

Service: 7/10
The service was pretty decent although dishes came out sort of slow but that's fine since we weren't in a rush.

Ambiance: 9/10
The ambiance was great. Don't let the exterior fool you, the interior is filled with many traditional Chinese wares/furniture. Hand carved wooden tables and chairs along with many other traditional Chinese arts and crafts (Silk paintings, Painted lanterns/lights, Wooden washroom doors etc etc). It's a very nice touch. To add to that, the restaurant wasn't very big. It can probably house at most 10 tables, a combination of large(10/12 people), medium(4-6), small(2-4) and a private room. Some customers were very loud but that's common and plus its a Chinese restaurant.

Overall: 8/10
I would recommend this place to everyone, well not everyone since you have to be able to eat a moderate degree of spice. It's a nice place to take your family or a small group of friends for dinner. One thing I didn't like about the area was that it was hare to find parking unless you're willing to pay. They have free parking in the back but that only fit 5 cars(4 Non-handicap and 1 handicap spot). In the end a :thumbsup:.

mako 10-04-2009 08:14 AM

Westlake Vietnamese Restaurant

the website made this place look a whole lot better than it actually is

went for the after 9 happy hour and the guy gave us the regular menus when we sat down, i had to ask the waitress for the 'special' happy hour menu

the waitress wasn't very friendly, she was very abrupt, tossing the menus onto the table

food was only okay, i was hoping for better but it was cheap

i'll go back and try their lunch menu

6/10

achiam 10-04-2009 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tc_terencec (Post 6614378)
Vietnamese on Main and 25th (it's there somewhere lol

^ Unlike you nismo, I found it actually quite a bit dirtier (I usually go to West Lake in Richmond)
EXCELLENT spring rolls, EXCELLENT SOUP

I give 9/10

Turns out all of Revscene are Pho addicts.

I'm glad someone else out there agrees with me. I ranted about this place and nobody seemed to agree!

mako 10-04-2009 09:23 PM

East is East

unique experience, tasty food

9/10

ilvtofu 10-05-2009 03:08 PM

Cucumber cafe
6/10
place was dead quiet, sound system sounded like an ipod stereo system...

Service was very good and friendly, mind you the place had about 20 people and was about 10% full, but this was on a sunday night so...

Steak was bad, pasta was bland,
Bistro style food was good, paninis, soups, wraps were great.

Not a bad place to relax after going to the gym or something, it's comfortable enough and if you order something simple like a wrap you'll be happy, but that's not enough to make me go back for a dinner.

leelu 10-08-2009 11:17 AM

Maruchu Japanese Bbq

7/10

Food was expensive, bf left hungry
actual food was decent, what can you say, you make it yourself
beef was lacking a bit
pork was good, i liked the fact they had the pork belly come with lettuce so you could wrap it

Good experience, i've never been to a yakiniku place, and the lady who owns/works there was really nice and explained to us the menu items and how it works and stuff, she was really attentative, and she was actually japanese and her english is really good. so for service it was 10/10

red_2 10-08-2009 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilvtofu (Post 6622480)
Cucumber cafe
6/10
place was dead quiet, sound system sounded like an ipod stereo system...

Service was very good and friendly, mind you the place had about 20 people and was about 10% full, but this was on a sunday night so...

Steak was bad, pasta was bland,
Bistro style food was good, paninis, soups, wraps were great.

Not a bad place to relax after going to the gym or something, it's comfortable enough and if you order something simple like a wrap you'll be happy, but that's not enough to make me go back for a dinner.

Try their brunch items like Alaska Egss Benny

Soooooooo good !

mako 10-09-2009 09:13 PM

Oyama

7/10

mako 10-10-2009 07:46 PM

Uncle Ming's

8/10

hal0g0dv2 10-10-2009 09:44 PM

Shabusen 8 1/2 /10

ctsport 10-12-2009 02:30 AM

I think its called NAAM or NAAN on West 4th. Its been there for a while and its pretty popular (it was packed even at 12am). I tried a Mexican beans dish and it was really tasty! and relatively healthy too (vegetarian). Prices are decent (about 10 dollars/person). My only beef is that the tables/seating are too small (even by West End standards). I am 5'7, 155 lbs and I've never felt so claustrophobic eating out lol.

9/10 for food/value

4/10 for atmosphere or lack-thereof.

jl.69 10-13-2009 05:48 PM

Tomo Sushi - horrible food and they compensate for that by giving you financial advice which is also horrible.

.2/10

Peanut Butter Jelly Time! 10-13-2009 06:18 PM

bonqula...

real quiet place but food was delish...

interesting japanese fusion food, everything's made by the chef/owner. both the chef n server were japanese. definitey more pricey than your regular japanese joints though portions were enough for me and bf to walk away full.

9/10 strictly due to parking and the area it's in.

*edit: it's on alexandra road. i just personally do not enjoy driving there.

danlee78 10-13-2009 08:21 PM

^where's this?

pamplemousse 10-13-2009 10:10 PM

Ebisu Robson

Came in 1.5 hours before closing.. rushed to pay 45 mins before closing (waitress came with interac thing but we were paying cash, wtf?). food was average at best, def not worth the price, poor service.

2/10

mako 10-14-2009 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peanut Butter Jelly Time! (Post 6633754)
bonqula...

real quiet place but food was delish...

interesting japanese fusion food, everything's made by the chef/owner. both the chef n server were japanese. definitey more pricey than your regular japanese joints though portions were enough for me and bf to walk away full.

9/10 strictly due to parking and the area it's in.

*edit: it's on alexandra road. i just personally do not enjoy driving there.

i found this place quite interesting too
its definitely a busy area with all the restaurants on alexandra

did you try the inhouse baked goods?

Drow 10-14-2009 06:27 PM

ramen place at parker

food was okay

service was terrible. waitresses look like bitches and they dont say thanks when you pay the bill