REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 01-02-2022, 03:28 PM   #25101
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,169 Times in 1,551 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothie. View Post
just ask them out already - its been two days since you posted it which means you've thought about it for a year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by instantneedles View Post
I will but trying to be patient and build rapport with her first

Do not do this. Just ask to go out for coffee, or something, ASAP. If you delay, you will lose your nerve. Don't give her a chance to lose interest, either.

Old 01-02-2022, 04:08 PM   #25102
Treasure Chest MOD

Thanked 1,602 Times in 704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Presto View Post
Do not do this. Just ask to go out for coffee, or something, ASAP. If you delay, you will lose your nerve. Don't give her a chance to lose interest, either.
Ok just as you posted this, I came back from playing volleyball with her.

She initially asked our group if anyone wanted to join her, nobody in our friend group ended up going (so I took the opportunity and decided to join her!)

It was good - I got a chance to talk with her one on one during breaks between games.

It was great - but just from talking to her I wasn't sure if she reciprocated the same feelings that I have. Alot of our conversations ended up being about work, what we did during the break, etc (very surface level small talk). Maybe I'm overthinking things, but usually my gut tells me a lot.

There are no principles, there are only events. There is no good and bad, there are only circumstances. The superior espouses events and circumstances in order to guide them.

Last edited by instantneedles; 01-02-2022 at 04:14 PM.
instantneedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 10:12 AM   #25103
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
^I think it's too early to draw a upon a conclusion. It's pretty normal when it's surface scratching when a lot of people haven't really had much of a social life due to Covid. Like how to talk or even communicate our thoughts as we have been stuck indoors. Some needs time to get comfortable before they can share more in-depth about their lives.
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-06-2022, 02:36 PM   #25104
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,422 Times in 918 Posts
Quote:
Just curious, but what are your definitions of simping?

I feel like as a guy you kinda have to do things to show you are interested in them or they have no idea you like them.
From my experience, simping is anything that a boyfriend would do when you aren't fucking them. It's better off to just tell them that you're into them than to do things for them and let them guess.

If you do anything excessive, it makes them think you're crazy or financially stupid. I've seen a girl this summer that went one a first date with a dude that took her to Miku + Alpaca farm. Just to drop her off at my place after lol.

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]
Gerbs is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-07-2022, 08:58 PM   #25105
Treasure Chest MOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbs View Post
From my experience, simping is anything that a boyfriend would do when you aren't fucking them. It's better off to just tell them that you're into them than to do things for them and let them guess.

If you do anything excessive, it makes them think you're crazy or financially stupid. I've seen a girl this summer that went one a first date with a dude that took her to Miku + Alpaca farm. Just to drop her off at my place after lol.
lol - so is he getting a second date?

There are no principles, there are only events. There is no good and bad, there are only circumstances. The superior espouses events and circumstances in order to guide them.
Old 01-07-2022, 11:10 PM   #25106

Nope, of course not. She thinks he's financially dumb for overinvesting lol

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]
Old 01-07-2022, 11:25 PM   #25107

Thanked 4,530 Times in 1,518 Posts
Quote:
Nope, of course not. She thinks he's financially dumb for overinvesting lol
Damn she didn't keep going on dates with her for freebies?

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 09:09 AM   #25108
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,295 Times in 2,509 Posts
Recently learned that Bishop's is closing down for good due to a massive rent hike proposed by the landlord -- the comment section seems to suggest that it is 3x the original rent?

I'm deeply saddened by the news because even though I've only been there a handful of times, each time I went it was with a very special lady, and the whole experience from the atmosphere, to the dinner, to the evening afterwards, it was always extremely memorable.

And there goes another piece of something real and physical that will only exist in my memory now...
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-08-2022, 12:42 PM   #25109

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC_BAWS View Post
Damn she didn't keep going on dates with her for freebies?

She felt bad, which I agree with. Don't use people lol

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]
Old 01-08-2022, 01:29 PM   #25110

Thanked 4,530 Times in 1,518 Posts
Quote:
She felt bad, which I agree with. Don't use people lol
Shocking.

|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 06:55 PM   #25111

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
some fucked up women enjoy the pleasure of having a man wrapped around her little finger.

then she leaves and he say's he's gonna commit suicide and it's all her fault.
Old 01-12-2022, 06:20 AM   #25112
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,341 Times in 970 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
Recently learned that Bishop's is closing down for good due to a massive rent hike proposed by the landlord -- the comment section seems to suggest that it is 3x the original rent?

I'm deeply saddened by the news because even though I've only been there a handful of times, each time I went it was with a very special lady, and the whole experience from the atmosphere, to the dinner, to the evening afterwards, it was always extremely memorable.

And there goes another piece of something real and physical that will only exist in my memory now...
yes i remember them; i do have a question, have they been changing with the times to offer deliveries?

"Able Auctions (www.ableauctions.ca) has been contracted to liquidate the entire contents of Bishop’s on January 22 at 9:30 AM. An auction preview at the restaurant takes place Friday January 21st, 10:00 am to 4:00 pm." wow
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 09:38 AM   #25113
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,295 Times in 2,509 Posts
I have no idea how Bishop's have been adapting to the pandemic since I am hardly a frequent customer of theirs. Having read up a little more on the news, however, it seems to me that the 3x rent hike is cited as the primary reason for the decision to close down the restaurant, although the difficult environment created by COVID certainly played a part as well:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...time-1.6308109
Quote:
The restaurant weathered COVID-19 uncertainty for months, even announcing it would shut down in the spring of 2020, but owner John Bishop says a huge rent increase from a new landlord means this time, the restaurant is closing for good.

"I finally took the very difficult decision to actually close," he said. "It was not easy."

The rent is being increased to $100 per square foot — a cost Bishop says he can't afford, especially given the struggles of the pandemic.
It should also be noted that the owner is also getting old, and had apparently considered retiring last year.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 12:12 PM   #25114
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,377 Times in 1,228 Posts
^Whew, it wasn't due to COVID. Just greedy landlords tearing up the fabric of the city for the past two decades at it again.

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 08:58 AM   #25115
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Thanked 7,009 Times in 1,889 Posts
Been about half a year now since I got into a managerial role but not sure if this is what I want career wise now that I've had a taste of it. Tempted to fall back into something comfortable but would definitely be taking a pay cut but might have better work/life balance or just suck it up and power through. Hmmm, decisions, decisions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowguy View Post
fuck you hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollguy View Post
then fuck you hipster akinari
Quote:
[23-05, 11:34] FastAnna suck a dick ygay
mb_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 09:42 AM   #25116
Media Officer / MOD

Thanked 5,751 Times in 1,724 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_ View Post
Been about half a year now since I got into a managerial role but not sure if this is what I want career wise now that I've had a taste of it. Tempted to fall back into something comfortable but would definitely be taking a pay cut but might have better work/life balance or just suck it up and power through. Hmmm, decisions, decisions.
Depends how big of a cut it may be worth it. Gotta think tax bracket as well.
Quick link to personal reviews -> Website YouTube
Official Revscene Instagram Coordinator
!Aznboi128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 09:49 AM   #25117

Quote:
I sacrificed WLB to double my income late last year. I just got notice that my contract work will be ending in March. Instead of being super sad I'll be losing half my income. I was actually relieved for some time off lol.

I think it might be worth it to laterally hop for the same pay and less work.

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]
Old 01-25-2022, 10:37 AM   #25118

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
Quote:

Ultimately what is your long-term goal, and ideal lifestyle that makes you happy? Sounds like it's the pay that is keeping you in this management life, and your not digging the long work hours/shit you gotta deal with? If you plan to get married and have kids, have to ask yourself would you be okay working long hours/taking shit everyday, and not spending enough time with kids/be stressed. Money only solves money issues.

For me personally with my amount of work experience years, I could be in a assistant manager position, but I chose not to since I have no interest busting the long hours. When your young, we can go balls to the walls, but as you get older, life perspective changes.

Last edited by Euro7r; 01-25-2022 at 10:59 AM.
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-27-2022, 05:59 AM   #25119

Quote:
as i've always said, stay low make dough.

i don't like to deal with personalities, then there are expectations you have to cheer up your team who may or may not like you.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-27-2022, 10:02 AM   #25120
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,560 Times in 1,710 Posts
^Not only that, but the current expectation in corporate culture as a manager in terms of your team's goals/objectives.

Weekly or monthly meetings
Quarterly yearly reviews (or bi-annually)
End of year performance reviews
Objectives planning

It's a soul-sucking process being a manager in a large corporate company nowadays. A bullshit job, essentially.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-27-2022, 11:20 AM   #25121

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
it sounds like the pay grade isn't even worth the stress for your peace of mind.
Old 01-27-2022, 05:18 PM   #25122
Treasure Chest MOD

I think it boils down to your personality at the end of the day.

If you're an individual contributor type and is really good with producing quality work, then you won't want to move into management.

If you're the management type and is good at leveraging the talents of others, then you won't want to be an individual contributor.

I think it's wrong to think that management is a natural progression in your career, when really it is a matter of personality/career goals.

Up until the tail end of her career, my mom was a high level individual contributor, until she finally decided she wanted to work less and provide mentorship/management to others by taking on a manager role (as a way of giving back to her company) - salary-wise, she was only making slightly more.

When you move to management, I feel like the wisest/most efficient way to go about things is to do less hands-on work yourself, and instead, empower others to do it.

As a healthcare professional myself, I'm personally still working on developing my skills as a clinician, but hope to own my own practice/clinic one day (basically management), and that is the day I will have to give up being a clinician.

This post thanked by:
Old 01-27-2022, 08:37 PM   #25123
GS8

Thanked 7,252 Times in 1,965 Posts
No matter what employment avenue you take, there will be pros and cons for all of them. If's up to you to decide whether the pros outweigh the cons in the short term. I say short term because the as you grow and develop within the company, the long term may not be as appealing but by then, you have may gathered enough experience to migrate to another job / company.

Nobody can tell anyone what is correct but only provide guidance and wisdom through their own anecdotes. I'm an independent contractor but have always had the same client for the last 5 years due to their growth. It's had its ups and downs but I'm not completely tied down to them yet I work 'full time' with them. That's my personal 'happy medium' between full on corporate culture and working back breaking labour (which I did for many years as a grocery store supervisor ).
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-28-2022, 04:52 AM   #25124

what was epic is that I'm in fortune companies, my fiance is in health care.
we have seen her co worker take on "team leader" manager role, and then step down.
No pay increase at all.
I don't know why people want things just for the sake of title.
Now the manager stepped down, 2 people has to take over the manager role.

that would never happen in corp world.
Old 01-28-2022, 02:20 PM   #25125

Thanked 4,560 Times in 1,710 Posts
Quote:
I think it boils down to your personality at the end of the day.

If you're an individual contributor type and is really good with producing quality work, then you won't want to move into management.

If you're the management type and is good at leveraging the talents of others, then you won't want to be an individual contributor.

I think it's wrong to think that management is a natural progression in your career, when really it is a matter of personality/career goals.

Up until the tail end of her career, my mom was a high level individual contributor, until she finally decided she wanted to work less and provide mentorship/management to others by taking on a manager role (as a way of giving back to her company) - salary-wise, she was only making slightly more.

When you move to management, I feel like the wisest/most efficient way to go about things is to do less hands-on work yourself, and instead, empower others to do it.

As a healthcare professional myself, I'm personally still working on developing my skills as a clinician, but hope to own my own practice/clinic one day (basically management), and that is the day I will have to give up being a clinician.

You're a clinician? Didn't know that.

Makes the steroid talk with you in the lifting page more interesting now
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote