REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 12-16-2020, 11:49 AM   #24876
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,569 Times in 1,716 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Presto View Post
Sorry, but that sounds like a potential deal-breaker for your relationship. My preference was never to have kids, but I thought I was okay if my partner really wanted them. There would have be a lot of stipulations (that would likely have no teeth once the first kid popped), but I might've just gone with the flow. However, I am extremely thankful that we do not want kids. Ever. We are forever grateful to be an uncle and aunt.
It could be, we'll have to see. We've been together a little over a year now, so it'll definitely be a deeper discussion next year.

I'm somewhat like you, I might be open to it with very explicit stipulations. I think COVID and certain things this year just started to change my mindset. Having a child is a big deal, if I was ever to consider it, both of us need to have our ducks in a row, fully.

We'll see if it's a deal breaker, or if with stipulations filled, perhaps I could be more open to it. It's a tough one that I haven't had to think about in my prior relationship of 11 years, so this one is new to me.

mikemhg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 12:08 PM   #24877
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,322 Times in 5,640 Posts
Covid kind of reaffirmed my stance on it when all my friends and my wife’s cousins with kids are all telling us we are the smart ones in the group while their kids are screaming in the background lol..
Old 12-16-2020, 12:41 PM   #24878
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,378 Times in 1,229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
It could be, we'll have to see. We've been together a little over a year now, so it'll definitely be a deeper discussion next year.

I'm somewhat like you, I might be open to it with very explicit stipulations. I think COVID and certain things this year just started to change my mindset. Having a child is a big deal, if I was ever to consider it, both of us need to have our ducks in a row, fully.

We'll see if it's a deal breaker, or if with stipulations filled, perhaps I could be more open to it. It's a tough one that I haven't had to think about in my prior relationship of 11 years, so this one is new to me.
Get a secret vasectomy.

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-16-2020, 03:08 PM   #24879

Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicBlues View Post
Get a secret vasectomy.
Not gonna lie, I thought about that.

Part of me always hoped that all the hot tubs, drugs, partying, and overly tight shorts ended up making me infertile
Old 12-17-2020, 08:31 PM   #24880
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,343 Times in 971 Posts
kids are non negotiable for somen.

my gf are on the same page; if u wanna get married; we are going to pre-martial counselling to ensure all your shit (and mine) are dealt with.

We did have a firm stance; if we are able to have kids, sure. We ain't going to dump 50k trying to do IVF etc.

Honestly, don't waste someone's time if you never ever want kids. Give it a year to be convinced / change your mind, if not.. leave.
6793026 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 04:17 AM   #24881
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
Old 12-18-2020, 05:25 PM   #24882
Treasure Chest MOD

Thanked 1,602 Times in 704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_handheld View Post
so was having a convo on this with my wife last night and her comments are:

- you have to look at her face everyday for the rest of your life
- getting along is not enough
...and yet, females complain all the time about men being shallow makes no f'in sense

There are no principles, there are only events. There is no good and bad, there are only circumstances. The superior espouses events and circumstances in order to guide them.
instantneedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 08:55 PM   #24883
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
that's truth though ,i love it.

you better make god damn sure you're not falling in love with the make-up, cause that after morning face might haunt you.
Old 12-23-2020, 07:34 AM   #24884
うに

Thanked 1,008 Times in 402 Posts
Hey Everyone!

I hope you and your families are safe during these unprecedented times.

PK-EK's Yearly update.
2020 has been crazy despite COVID-19

I have now been dating my current girlfriend since May. We gained some, and unfortunately, we lost someone who was very dear to us.

happily in a "grown up" relationship with someone who isn't as grown up as they think lol

but as my mom put it into prospective for me. there is a reason why my white and grey hairs have significantly decreased this year. (literally, I use to have so many white hairs, now. i don't have a single white hair on my head)

BTW,
I have my first RHD JDM vehicle coming.
its not the integra that I've been saving up for these last ten years. but its super cool and "grown up" B)

Last edited by PK-EK; 12-23-2020 at 07:42 AM.
PK-EK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 05:16 PM   #24885
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,169 Times in 1,551 Posts
Thanks for the update, PK!
Sorry for your family's loss, but I am really happy for your ongoing relationship. I hope she's a keeper!
Old 12-31-2020, 09:58 AM   #24886

Thanked 5,223 Times in 1,388 Posts
*insert comment about where 2020 went and how much of a shitshow it's been*

Glad I travelled my ass off in 2019, completely unknowing of what 2020 would bring.

I must say, I do miss doing my Trader Joe's runs...
[13-03, 11:25] MG1 when you hit the brakes, it shoots cum at pedestrian - bukkake

[12-03, 19:06] meme405 That e30 is so mexiflushed I thought we were in albuquerque

[12-03, 23:03] rb when i see a modded element. I have nothing but respect. either the parents kicked him out or the guy is killing hookers in the back
Akinari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 10:41 AM   #24887

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
Have you guys ever met or been with someone that think "life is boring", always need to find entertaining shit to entertain them? Feel like these are the type of individuals to stay away from when you get older, don't have the energy to be creatively active to keep them "interested" in a relationship. There are the days just tired from work/every day shit in life, don't got time to constantly keep them "hooked" alive.
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-31-2020, 11:13 AM   #24888
うに

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro7r View Post
Have you guys ever met or been with someone that think "life is boring", always need to find entertaining shit to entertain them? Feel like these are the type of individuals to stay away from when you get older, don't have the energy to be creatively active to keep them "interested" in a relationship. There are the days just tired from work/every day shit in life, don't got time to constantly keep them "hooked" alive.
I'm sorry for being so harsh dude
but if you're 30 or nearing 30
and you find yourself with this type of girl, you need a reality check. time to grow up and stop dating stupid girls and date a real woman
This post thanked by:
Old 12-31-2020, 12:58 PM   #24889
Treasure Chest MOD

Thanked 1,602 Times in 704 Posts
I think the girls that are constantly needing you to provide excitement in their lives are also the ones looking for you to fill a void in their lives (most of the time figuratively and not literally unfortunately )

Not sure if any of you still remember william hung, but I came across a podcast he did on relationships. At 7:17 he talks about focusing on the woman's values/vision in life rather than their outer appearance. I think that's the key.

There are no principles, there are only events. There is no good and bad, there are only circumstances. The superior espouses events and circumstances in order to guide them.
instantneedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 01:34 PM   #24890

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK-EK View Post
I'm sorry for being so harsh dude
but if you're 30 or nearing 30
and you find yourself with this type of girl, you need a reality check. time to grow up and stop dating stupid girls and date a real woman
Nah, not dating nor even seeing them. I was chatting with a girl online and she straight up told me she gets bored very easily (28 years old)
Old 12-31-2020, 04:30 PM   #24891

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
if she likes broke guys, huge red flag....if she knows the hustle money can get anything you want done in this world.. Boom, her mind knows ambition & goals its not 1960

what the fuck is gonna happen if something breaks in your body health wise?.. Who's gonna hold the fort down & bring the bacon home?.

do not date a "do nothing bitch"
Old 12-31-2020, 04:46 PM   #24892
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,295 Times in 2,509 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro7r View Post
Not worth your time if you are looking for a real relationship.

If you are looking for flings though, then why the heck not lol~
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-31-2020, 05:56 PM   #24893

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
Not worth your time if you are looking for a real relationship.

If you are looking for flings though, then why the heck not lol~
Exactly. Don't have the time & energy to constantly feed "action" into someone to make them feel excited. I'm just not the type that would always find "things" to do to occupy up my time. If I do not much on my day off, I am happy to have the day off to rest my mind/body, and others need to jam pack their schedule to be doing things.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-07-2021, 11:26 AM   #24894
うに

Here is something for ya'll to think about.
we often talk alot about our relationships with a girlfriend or boyfriend and sometimes family members like our parents.
but can we please all stop and be thankful of how accepting our parents are of our loved ones?

Huge shout out to my mom for being so accepting of my girlfriend.
my girlfriend is no means perfect and to be honest, she is hard to handle some times. but my mom has been so accepting and forgiving of her. and she is doing this all because she is loving the person that i love.
its pretty amazing and pretty rare from what i can see.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-07-2021, 01:55 PM   #24895
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,295 Times in 2,509 Posts
Quote:
Huge shout out to my mom for being so accepting of my girlfriend.
my girlfriend is no means perfect and to be honest, she is hard to handle some times. but my mom has been so accepting and forgiving of her. and she is doing this all because she is loving the person that i love.
First and foremost, she is doing this not because she loves the person that you love. She is doing this because she loves you.

Of course, she can also love your gf, but that is secondary to loving you.
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-07-2021, 03:05 PM   #24896
うに

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
First and foremost, she is doing this not because she loves the person that you love. She is doing this because she loves you.

Of course, she can also love your gf, but that is secondary to loving you.
yes, this was what I was trying to say
lol
Old 01-07-2021, 04:18 PM   #24897
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,426 Times in 482 Posts
Quote:
yes, this was what I was trying to say
lol

Na son, she just wants grandkids. Better get to work pk.
Fafine is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-05-2021, 03:03 AM   #24898
Ask me about killing a hobo and dumping his body in the river

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Money View Post
if she likes broke guys, huge red flag....if she knows the hustle money can get anything you want done in this world.. Boom, her mind knows ambition & goals its not 1960

what the fuck is gonna happen if something breaks in your body health wise?.. Who's gonna hold the fort down & bring the bacon home?.

do not date a "do nothing bitch"
wait so im dating a red flag then, im broke but she still dating me. A women can be the providers also if you think this is a red flag then you have a problem, or its me since i dont make enough to afford a house in this city.
[18-02, 21:40] ICE BOY please come over and wrap me in your foreskin.
[18-10, 14:35] ZN6 Evo if you here: Say what your heart feels, cause those who matter don't mind, and those who mind shouldn't matter
[26-07, 14:46] ZN6 I gonna nibble on your scrotum

93 honda civic si (RIP)
2010 Evolution X (RIP)
2000 GMC Yukon XL SLT (RIP)
2003 GMC Yukon XL Denali (Overland build

2019 Kawasaki Ex 400(Summer Daily)
EvoLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 08:21 AM   #24899
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Living with the gf now. She's unhappy and compared me to her friend's fiance who pulls $720k USD a year off youtube videos.

Probably time to bounce. That way of thinking and attitude ain't healthy for anyone
jinxcrusader is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-20-2021, 10:33 AM   #24900

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinxcrusader View Post
Living with the gf now. She's unhappy and compared me to her friend's fiance who pulls $720k USD a year off youtube videos.

Probably time to bounce. That way of thinking and attitude ain't healthy for anyone
Run away as fast as you can. Pull the band-aid now.

She's judging you based on her friend's vlogging fiance?

That's a woman that will fuck you over eventually and backstab you no doubt at all.

Dump her and find someone that values you.
This post thanked by: