REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 06-18-2018, 08:22 PM   #24201
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC_BAWS View Post
Yet, ironically, society makes it seem like girls are the soft and clingy types.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Maybe because shit like this happens?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.63f4368455d0
Quote:
It was supposed to be a potential love connection, two lonely hearts linked together on an Internet dating site. Instead, the matchup devolved into stalking, threats and a bizarre obsession, according to authorities in Arizona.

“I felt like I met my soul mate,” 31-year-old Jacqueline Claire Ades told reporters in a jailhouse interview Thursday in Phoenix. “I thought we would just do what everybody else did, and we would get married, and everything would be fine. But that’s not what happened.”

What did happen, according to police, was a bizarre series of encounters and anti-Semitic messages stretching back to last summer. Ades allegedly piled up her love interest’s inbox with thousands of text messages, sometimes 500 a day and many laced with threats. “Oh, what I would do w ur blood!” she allegedly once wrote. “I’d wanna bathe in it.”

In total Ades is accused of sending 65,000 texts.

“That’s it?” Ades said on Thursday when a reporter asked her about the number of messages. “To me it seemed like more.”

“Isn’t that kind of excessive?” she was asked.

“Love is an excessive thing,” Ades replied.

In her interview with reporters this week, Ades said she was originally from Miami.

“I wound up here on a road trip from Florida, looking I guess for love,” she said. The man— who is unidentified in police documents and local media reports — allegedly met Ades online and went on a date, CBS 5 has reported.

In her interview, Ades told reporters they connected on Luxy, a dating site for verified millionaires.

“The most shallow one ever,” she said. “Where the rich men meet the pretty girls.”

After the initial encounter, Ades began harassing the man with messages beginning last summer, police said.

On April 8, the individual contacted police while he was outside the country. Security footage from his home in Paradise Valley, outside of Phoenix, showed Ades taking a bath in his house. When police reported to the home, they found her at the residence. A large butcher knife was on the passenger seat of her car, according to an arrest report.

“I never had a butcher knife,” Ades countered on Thursday. “I had, like, little flippy knives on my road trip. People try to hurt me. I’m a single girl. I drove across America. I don’t carry a butcher knife.”

After the break-in, she was charged with first-degree criminal trespass and released.

On April 30, the man again contacted police, this time showing investigators threatening text messages Ades had sent him between April 16 and April 28.

“Don’t ever try to leave me … I’ll kill you … I don’t wanna be a murderer!” Ades texted, according to a police report.

“I hope you die . . . rotten filthy Jew . . . lololol Im like the new Hitler… man was a genius,” she allegedly wrote on another occasion.

“I’d wear ur fascia n the top of your skull n ur hands n feet,” she allegedly added in another message.

All these unnerved the man enough to report to police. He “stated that he is out of the country currently but that he is legitimately concerned for his safety when he returns,” the police report said.

The situation allegedly escalated on May 4, when Ades showed up at the individual’s office in Scottsdale. She claimed to be his wife. Four days later, police arrested Ades at her home, according to the police report. She is facing charges of threatening, stalking, harassment and failure to appear. She is being held without bond. She does not have an attorney yet, and her next court appearance will be Tuesday.

In her comments to reporters this week, Ades rambled from topic to topic, jumping from Einstein to astrology, Atlantis to the illuminati. When pressed about her actions, she repeatedly refused to discuss the allegations against her.

“I don’t want to talk about that,” she said whenever confronted about her behavior. “I don’t want to talk about those things. You have negative energy.”

Ades said she was no threat to her alleged victim.

“No! Oh, my God, I love him so much,” she said. “I just want to love him so much, that’s it. And if he doesn’t like it, I’ll go home, and I’ll love my ex-boyfriend.”

“Do you think you’re a danger?” Ades was asked.

“No!” she said. “I think he wanted to make sure I wasn’t or something like that.”
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...jection-letter
Quote:
In 2014, Abramovitz and Lee met at McGill’s Schulich School of Music in Montreal, where the two students formed a romantic relationship. Abramovitz soon moved in with Lee, and trusted her with the password to his email account, according to court documents.

Abramovitz applied for a highly selective scholarship that would allow him to complete the final two years of his undergraduate degree in Los Angeles.

Winning the scholarship would not only fund the $51,000 tuition and living expenses at the prestigious Colburn Conservatory of Music, but would also let him study under Yehuda Gilad, an instructor Corbett called “one of the best clarinet teachers in the world”. Each year, Gilad only accepts two students from around the world.

When the Colburn Conservatory of Music emailed to congratulate him on his acceptance to the program, Abramovitz never received the email. Without his knowledge, Lee intercepted the correspondence after monitoring incoming emails. Fearing that her boyfriend would leave Montreal, she sent a reply in his name – and declined the school’s offer.

In order to maintain an illusion of credibility, Lee then created a fraudulent email account in Gilad’s name –giladyehuda09@gmail.com – and sent an email to Abramovitz, telling him that while he had not received a spot in the selective program, he had could still receive a much smaller scholarship of $5,000.

Lee knew that Abramovitz would not be able to afford the hefty tuition costs fees nor the cost of living in California.

“It was a very crushing feeling. I was so driven and really wanted it. I was very disappointed about it and feeling down after I got the rejection,” said Abramovitz.

It wasn’t until months later, in a separate audition with Gilad, where both student and teacher each asked why the other had rejected them, that the ruse slowly became evident.

In May 2016, nearly two years after the rejection, Abramovitz and his friend tried an old password of Lee’s on the email account, which Gilad confirmed didn’t belong to him.

Upon successfully gaining access, they discovered the recovery email and phone number belonged to Lee.

The couple had parted ways in 2014, but when confronted with the evidence, she denied the allegations.

Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 08:26 PM   #24202
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,533 Times in 1,520 Posts
Cray cray

|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 09:10 PM   #24203
nns
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,843 Times in 553 Posts
I have on and off periods of self-loathing, depression, unhappiness, loneliness, helplessness and hopelessness.

I found these videoes which although it didn't fix my issues, it did help bring new answers and explanations on why I feel this way and how I can try to help myself. I recommend everyone please watch:

Last edited by nns; 06-18-2018 at 09:15 PM.
nns is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-18-2018, 10:42 PM   #24204
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,346 Times in 973 Posts

I've been thru this before.. not necessary identical but typically guys think back a lot while girls moved the fuck on.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2018, 02:52 AM   #24205
Ask me about killing a hobo and dumping his body in the river

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedStars View Post
SIO MEAT END OF JUNE ANYONEEEE?
Im down if its early july when im in town.
[18-02, 21:40] ICE BOY please come over and wrap me in your foreskin.
[18-10, 14:35] ZN6 Evo if you here: Say what your heart feels, cause those who matter don't mind, and those who mind shouldn't matter
[26-07, 14:46] ZN6 I gonna nibble on your scrotum

93 honda civic si (RIP)
2010 Evolution X (RIP)
2000 GMC Yukon XL SLT (RIP)
2003 GMC Yukon XL Denali (Overland build

2019 Kawasaki Ex 400(Summer Daily)
EvoLove is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2018, 07:15 AM   #24206
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,450 Times in 1,027 Posts
I'd be down for early July as well

'93 GSR

'99 EXPEDITION
SpeedStars is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2018, 09:51 AM   #24207
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

dapperfied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 01:21 PM   #24208
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,283 Times in 1,971 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbs View Post
As someone who has struggled financially, I do believe money can buy happiness & time.
True.

But so can heroin.

The key is to not become dependent on it for happiness as dependency leads to addiction which then creates a pretty nasty cycle. Probably one of the reasons that phrase was coined in the first place. I'm sure we all know multiple people who go into large amounts of debt just to show off to strangers and their social media friends.

Using money as part of the formula to 'live within your means' is when money can lead to happiness i.e. saving up for something over a long period of time to avoid borrowing out of your means.
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2018, 03:13 PM   #24209
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
So many things still left to say, but no time left to say them.
Old 06-21-2018, 04:31 AM   #24210
Ask me about killing a hobo and dumping his body in the river

Our friends introduced us to each other a month ago, we hit it off quite good i think. You asked for my wechat, ig and sc, but i didnt take the initiative to message you, even though you added me on everything you use. I dont know why i like you, also you're very energetic i dont have to be shy with you, since you make everything fun. Everytime i hangout with you, it seems like youre trying to make me laugh and smile with your corny jokes... Not gonnna lie but i enjoy them; you manage to always put a smile on my face even if we dont talk, ill see a post on ig and think about a joke you said then laugh to myself. I think the past relationship was too much for me and im afraid you might do the same... Its not fare for you, i know. I just have a hard time opening up since the last person i open up to.. told me she doesnt want us anymore...
[18-02, 21:40] ICE BOY please come over and wrap me in your foreskin.
[18-10, 14:35] ZN6 Evo if you here: Say what your heart feels, cause those who matter don't mind, and those who mind shouldn't matter
[26-07, 14:46] ZN6 I gonna nibble on your scrotum

93 honda civic si (RIP)
2010 Evolution X (RIP)
2000 GMC Yukon XL SLT (RIP)
2003 GMC Yukon XL Denali (Overland build

2019 Kawasaki Ex 400(Summer Daily)
EvoLove is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-21-2018, 05:48 PM   #24211
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,820 Times in 501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GS8 View Post
Using money as part of the formula to 'live within your means' is when money can lead to happiness i.e. saving up for something over a long period of time to avoid borrowing out of your means.
Agreed 100%.

Growing up in a lower middle class home where I witnessed first-hand my parents struggling to make ends meet, I grew up realizing that money buys happiness to a certain extent.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm happy when I can pay my rent, my bills, put food in the fridge, take my girlfriend on a couple of nice dates, go out for beers with the boys, do a little shopping, and still have enough money to put into savings each month.

That being said, there's a fine line between being happy with getting paid and getting "addicted" to making money.

My brother is a perfect example of that. He was making $140k a year working in the finance industry but literally worked 14-16 hour days almost every day. Even when he was at home, he'd be glued to his phone with a stupid little bluetooth headset in his ear in case "work called". Eventually, he got burned out and quit after 3 years of no vacations and never taking time off. Because he realized, what's the point of clearing all that money each year if you don't have the time to enjoy it? Especially when all of his personal relationships were suffering because of it.

IMO a story like his is where money stops buying happiness and instead becomes an addiction that ceases to fulfill....
Tone Loc is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-21-2018, 05:55 PM   #24212

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
^ I can relate to this. I spent the past couple of years working hard putting aside everything in my life, now that I have place, car, savings and money to do whatever the heck I want, now what? I am single, most of my friends married and about to have kids.

I feel there is a disconnect now with people around me. Money is important but to an extent.
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 06:48 PM   #24213
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,422 Times in 918 Posts
^ do you want to be married and have kids? I'm still on the search to find what makes me happy. Currently it feels like financial stability, fulfilling career, and friend / relationships.

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]
Gerbs is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-21-2018, 07:07 PM   #24214

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbs View Post
^ do you want to be married and have kids? I'm still on the search to find what makes me happy. Currently it feels like financial stability, fulfilling career, and friend / relationships.
Yeah, want to settle down and have family. If I were 25, this would be the ideal lifestyle, but I'm not haha.
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 09:36 PM   #24215

There will come a time when all your friends starts getting married and having kids. Then they disappear from your life.
I'm the only lone wolf and I'm enjoying it; not cause I'm single, but I'm meeting totally new people who share the same / new hobbies as me.
Old 06-26-2018, 12:49 AM   #24216

Rational me says, you can't help someone who doesn't want to be helped.

Irrational me says, you were in that position once, but even though you pushed them away as a "test", ultimately you just wanted someone to stay.

Last edited by BIC_BAWS; 06-26-2018 at 02:05 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-26-2018, 12:54 AM   #24217

Morally speaking, it'd only be right for me to wait it out and support them. But ultimately, this could lead me down my own path of self-destruction again. And selfishly, I can't do that again.
Old 06-26-2018, 01:48 AM   #24218
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,309 Times in 2,515 Posts
Quote:
Rational me says, you can help someone who doesn't want to be helped.

Irrational me says, you were in that position once, but even though you pushed them away as a "test", ultimately you just wanted someone to stay.
WTF? Esp part #1.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 02:06 AM   #24219

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
WTF? Esp part #1.
Whoops, proofreading is important LOL. *Can't* help someone who doesn't want to be helped. *

Old 06-29-2018, 02:19 PM   #24220

If say I wanted to go see a psychiatrist/psychologist/therapist but I don't know what the category is, how do I go about figuring out the category? It's defs not depression. I just do some fucked up things when I feel unwanted (?) ??? And I think it's a problem.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-01-2018, 09:09 PM   #24221
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts

Goodbye.
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-02-2018, 12:38 PM   #24222
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
If say I wanted to go see a psychiatrist/psychologist/therapist but I don't know what the category is, how do I go about figuring out the category? It's defs not depression. I just do some fucked up things when I feel unwanted (?) ??? And I think it's a problem.
You can go to your family doctor or even a walk in clinic and get a referral. Or look up Counselling services online, do one session and they can help you find what path is the best for your problem.
MSREE is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-03-2018, 10:18 AM   #24223
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
SO and I spent the weekend out, had my brother check in on the cat a couple of times, and we got back last night. She said when she walked in the front door, the cat came running, saw it was her, turned around and walked away. I came in like 15 seconds later, he comes running to me (right past her), stands on his hind legs, and starts meowing for me to pick him up and snuggle.

Spent most of the night playing last night, he slept on me when I went to bed, and we've played another couple hours this morning.

He's essentially a stage 5 clinger at this point and she's hella jelly
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 12:13 PM   #24224

Remember 1 thing, please do not try to self diagnose. Yes if you have been to 4 doctors and still trying to find out what's wrong (rash, itch, or a misc symptoms), then reading up online is fine.

Do respect your doctors, i have health care workers trying to tell me to stop reading up on shit online and stopping cycles of medication.

I came across a very rare disease 3 yrs ago; went to 4 specialist and 4 doctors and finally got properly diagnosed, i even went to Hong Kong to see two top doctors in the field.

Just remember to share everything from mental & physical issues with them.
Old 07-04-2018, 10:41 AM   #24225
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
it's been 2 months since you left. You said we had an incompatible lifestyle (which is probably not wrong). I tried to move on without you. Try dating new people, couldn't find the connection or spark. Then I try to move one by myself and revisit old hobbies and old friends. It is working.

Now you come back to me and say no matter how hard you try you cant forget me. Just like that two months of work undone with one simple message.
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: