REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   The Official NBA thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/565101-official-nba-thread.html)

roflwaffle604 09-14-2018 11:44 AM

Fantasy basketball invite link for this year's league:
https://basketball.fantasysports.yah...94d97d63d30ac4

dachinesedude 10-14-2018 09:09 AM

draft tonight, join if you can! having two more would be nice

pastarocket 10-19-2018 01:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
RIP to Paul Allen. Rip City paid tribute to its late owner with a win over LeBron's Lakers:

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/...er-paul-allen/

pastarocket 10-21-2018 05:49 PM

Rondo and CP3 throw punches after CP3 pokes Rondo in the face. Poking the bear gets him in trouble. :lawl:

This altercation started with Ingram shoving James Harden after Harden's foul on Ingram.

Suspensions are coming for Ingram, Rondo, and Chris Paul. LUL

CP3 says in the video "He spit on me!"

Nlkko 10-21-2018 07:00 PM

CP is a bitch. Got washed by Rondo, then tried to throw in some cheap shots.

I don't understand what BI is doing. Dude plays like shit and should keep his head down. He looks like a fn'ing stick that's about to be broken in half. I've been saying trade him while he has any value... Lakers looks so incoherent (as they should). At least Lonzo can start knocking down 3s. Not sure if that shit sustainable for not.

This league needs to stop giving Harden freebies. Dude just run into people standing (non-blocking) still and they give him trips to the charity stripe. Dude average 11 FTs EVERY GAME. That shit is dumb.

pastarocket 10-21-2018 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nlkko (Post 8924762)
CP is a bitch. Got washed by Rondo, then tried to throw in some cheap shots.

I don't understand what BI is doing. Dude plays like shit and should keep his head down. He looks like a fn'ing stick that's about to be broken in half. I've been saying trade him while he has any value... Lakers looks so incoherent (as they should). At least Lonzo can start knocking down 3s. Not sure if that shit sustainable for not.

This league needs to stop giving Harden freebies. Dude just run into people standing (non-blocking) still and they give him trips to the charity stripe. Dude average 11 FTs EVERY GAME. That shit is dumb.

-never liked the Beard. Harden is so lazy when it comes to playing defense. He's not a two way star player that's for sure. LUL

Update: Two game suspension for CP3. Three games for Rondo and four games for Ingram.

Obsideon 10-23-2018 12:53 PM

The games have been so high scoring this year it's sorta weird lol.

Pelicans dropping 149 and then Spurs and Lakers for 143-142, albiet in OT but still lol...

Nlkko 10-23-2018 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obsideon (Post 8925042)

Pelicans dropping 149 and then Spurs and Lakers for 143-142, albiet in OT but still lol...

Because of new rules: reset shot clock only last 14sec.

roflwaffle604 10-23-2018 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obsideon (Post 8925042)

Relevant:
NBA's biggest surprises and disappointments - 5-on-5

Quote:

Jackie MacMullan, ESPN: Draymond Green is right. Defense is on life support at the moment in the NBA, partly because of a flurry of calls that allow no breathing room for the defender. Also, as Spurs coach Gregg Popovich explained before Monday night's game against the Lakers, teams have the ability to roll out lineups with five 3-point shooters on the floor. That's difficult to defend with conventional strategies. People love scoring, and it's coming in bunches.
Defense is already pretty much being taken out of the NFL, hopefully this doesn't become the norm for the NBA. Still early in the season so the trend could still revert back.

whitev70r 10-23-2018 09:59 PM

^ Blake Griffin dropped 50 tonight.

Det 133-Phil 132 (OT)

Obsideon 10-24-2018 10:34 PM

and Curry scores 51 in 3 quarters... Warriors and Wizards were 120-95 after THREE quarters.

ForbiddenX 10-26-2018 11:35 AM

I posted about an app my friends and I have been working on last season and we've rebranded to JUMP TV!

https://www.jumptv.app/

We've added a few new features and now fully support Android (although I have to admit we're working on getting it crash free lol).

We're still doing trivia every MWF for $250 split between the winners. We've also added some new features like leaderboards and sweepstakes so you can use points to enter raffle.

Our latest update was releasing Hot Takes where we have topics that people reply to. We have a few youtubers making videos for us about these topics but anyone can reply as well! Would love to see some of your guy's thoughts.

Here's an example of KD Being the greatest scorer:
https://jumptv.app/bSDxFc

Euro7r 10-28-2018 11:53 AM

3 nba finals apppearance then Cavs give Tyrone Lue the "FU" out the door.

whitev70r 10-28-2018 04:17 PM

Life not that bad for Lue

fishCak3s 10-29-2018 08:08 PM

14 3's from Klay

whitev70r 10-29-2018 08:16 PM

^ Finished with 52 for the night!

Don't know why Steph Curry didn't foul Klay on that 14th 3 point shot.

Obsideon 10-30-2018 04:35 PM

He was the one feeding him to get the 14th 3.
Trying to get him to re-sign haha

Nlkko 10-30-2018 08:14 PM

What a great shooter. Mean reversion night for him.

Euro7r 10-31-2018 08:51 PM

D Rose back to MVP form? 50 pts tonight

roflwaffle604 11-11-2018 12:23 AM

https://mobile.twitter.com/ShamsChar...15746444312577

Jimmy's finally free

pastarocket 11-13-2018 11:37 AM

Trust the process in Philly? :considered:

Butler is a unrestricted free agent next summer. Philly is either trading for a rental player or will sign Butler to a new contract. Although, Butler is still in his prime at 29 years old, if Philly signs him to a long term contract, those last few years in the contract would be an albatross for the 76ers.

Butler is also injury prone. He has only played 70 games per season twice in his career.

Although Butler is one of the best 2 way players in the league, there could be major chemistry issues in the locker room between Butler and the two introverted star players in Embiid and Simmons. Will Embiid and Simmons like Butler when Jimmy constantly demands his team mates to play better?

LC21 11-13-2018 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pastarocket (Post 8928178)
Trust the process in Philly? :considered:

Butler is a unrestricted free agent next summer. Philly is either trading for a rental player or will sign Butler to a new contract. Although, Butler is still in his prime at 29 years old, if Philly signs him to a long term contract, those last few years in the contract would be an albatross for the 76ers.

Butler is also injury prone. He has only played 70 games per season twice in his career.

Although Butler is one of the best 2 way players in the league, there could be major chemistry issues in the locker room between Butler and the two introverted star players in Embiid and Simmons. Will Embiid and Simmons like Butler when Jimmy constantly demands his team mates to play better?

I hope he knows that its Embiid's team. :awwyeah:

Obsideon 11-13-2018 08:19 PM

I would have taken the 4x 1st rounders that Houston offered. What is the point of a taking on 2 role players?

roflwaffle604 11-13-2018 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obsideon (Post 8928233)
I would have taken the 4x 1st rounders that Houston offered. What is the point of a taking on 2 role players?

2x established role players who are proven capable starters who will pair well with the T-Wolves current starters is a good deal.

Why take the chance with 4x LATE 1st rounders who may not pan out to be as good as RoCo and Saric currently are?

Teague, Wiggins, RoCo, Saric, KAT + Rose and Taj is a decent team provided KAT and Wiggins can take the next step and carry the team, which is what the organization must be betting on.

whitev70r 11-14-2018 09:10 PM

Feel good story, Casey wins, beats Raptors in his return to Toronto ... on a walk off buzzer beater.