REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   The Official NBA thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/565101-official-nba-thread.html)

whitev70r 05-11-2019 05:57 AM

Warriors can win without KD.

HonestTea 05-11-2019 08:02 AM

Fuck KD

dachinesedude 05-11-2019 08:05 AM

im glad Houston lost, i hate their style of play, harden and cp3 needs to stop flopping and just play the game

Spoon 05-11-2019 04:32 PM

Obsideon 05-11-2019 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitev70r (Post 8947530)
Warriors can win without KD.

Without KD and Cousins is still the same 73-win team so of course they still good.
That's what makes KD such a snake lol ...

pastarocket 05-12-2019 06:40 PM

The Klaw is clutch! Winning basket at the buzzer! :lawl:

-happy to see the Raptors win in such dramatic fashion. A better ending for T.O. compared to Vince Carter's missed shot in game 7 vs Philly in 2001 playoffs. Kawhi's game winning shot is like the ending of a Hollywood movie. Four bounces of the ball on the hoop for dramatic effect.
:lawl:

Leonard's winning shot in the corner against Embiid's defence is even better than Lillard's 3 pointer winner to defeat OKC.

Lillard: "I made the best shot in NBA playoff history." Kawhi: "Hold my beer." LUL

Bring on the Bucks!

Nlkko 05-12-2019 08:32 PM

Incredible shot. Got the shooter roll to boot. Guy rose up against a 7 footer. Looked short initially but my god I screamed when it went in.
https://ibb.co/qDqtSrs

I fucking hate Masai Ujiri but Kawhi is a fucking beast. Kawhi carried that team so hard on BOTH end of the floor. Siakam literally disappeared. Lowry played better but still wasn't a big factor. Just look at Kawhi's defensive assignment. He defended everyone including Embiid who is bigger and taller.

Also fuck Joel Embiid. Talking spicy and looking down on people but crying like a little bitch now. Eat the humble pie, bitch.
https://ibb.co/Tvd8ttk

Two grindy ugly game 7s. This is why we watch ball man.

Nlkko 05-12-2019 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alpine (Post 8947522)
Rockets have a great team... they just need to stop relying 100% on analytics and trying to draw fouls by flopping and just play. Mix up their system so they're not just shooting 3s or driving for layups. They have all the pieces they need to win a championship but they can't get out of their own way.
Capela for rebounding/lob threat, Gordon for 3/D/drives, Tucker for D/rebounding/hustle, CP for control/midrange, and Harden who can score from anywhere on the court.
Their bench is capable too... Rivers, Green, Faried (still think he can provide rebounding/hustle/energy)

Late reply but Harden disappeared when KD went down. He choked, to be short. Also Chris Paul gonna be 35 next year and has been washed for 3 years now. Guy will be the highest paid player on the team (39m, 30% of the cap space). They are literally stucked with the current roster. Unless they make a wild ass trade for like LeBron or something.

Harden's bread and butter is the stepback 3s karate kick the defender. Guess what, they aint calling that shit in the playoffs because all the refs are veterans. He is not getting those foul calls period unless it's obvious there are contacts. And sooner or later they will stop calling that weak shit altogether, just like every single other exploits before: Kobe's pump fake jumping into defender or KD's arm swipe.

DavidNguyen 05-12-2019 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pastarocket (Post 8947673)
The Klaw is clutch! Winning basket at the buzzer! :lawl:

-happy to see the Raptors win in such dramatic fashion. A better ending for T.O. compared to Vince Carter's missed shot in game 7 vs Philly in 2001 playoffs. Kawhi's game winning shot is like the ending of a Hollywood movie. Four bounces of the ball on the hoop for dramatic effect.
:lawl:

Leonard's winning shot in the corner against Embiid's defence is even better than Lillard's 3 pointer winner to defeat OKC.

Lillard: "I made the best shot in NBA playoff history." Kawhi: "Hold my beer." LUL

Bring on the Bucks!

https://youtu.be/ChT3ewZXTfM

It went silent after the buzzer. All you can hear is the ball bouncing off the rim a few times. Then In. Happy fornthe raptors

No way they can beat Milwaukee

whitev70r 05-13-2019 02:12 PM

You don't need to know Korean to enjoy this.

whitev70r 05-13-2019 02:20 PM

Strange ... 2 brothers playing against each other in BOTH conference finals.
Marc and Pau Gasol in the East and Steph and Seth Curry in the West.
.... like what are the odds of this ??!!

pastarocket 05-13-2019 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitev70r (Post 8947794)
Strange ... 2 brothers playing against each other in BOTH conference finals.
Marc and Pau Gasol in the East and Steph and Seth Curry in the West.
.... like what are the odds of this ??!!

Pau is not playing for the remainder of the playoffs because of foot surgery.
Stress fracture. The only brothers playing against each other are Steph and Seth.

https://www.foxsports.com/wisconsin/...-update-051019

highfive 05-14-2019 07:35 PM

Man Canucks need to get some or that pelican lottery luck. Zion to pelicans!

Obsideon 05-14-2019 09:35 PM

Ya if only the Canucks pulled it off, very similar. They went up 6 spots to grab the top pick they only had a 6% chance.
Knicks fans be like
https://media3.giphy.com/media/s98zb7u56jIpq/giphy.gif

roflwaffle604 05-14-2019 09:51 PM

At least the Knicks still got the 3rd pick. Cavs, Suns and Bulls got FUCKED

Nlkko 05-16-2019 08:42 AM

About time Cavs got fucked. Enough #1 wasted on that trash already.

chipmunk604 05-16-2019 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by highfive (Post 8947990)
Man Canucks need to get some or that pelican lottery luck. Zion to pelicans!

Not the Pelicans, they need David Griffin lottery luck. See below of what I mean.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nlkko (Post 8948192)
About time Cavs got fucked. Enough #1 wasted on that trash already.

Well, David Griffin is no longer with the Cavs organization.

When he was there with the Cavs, they got #1 Kyrie in 2011 with 2.8% odds. Then then got #1 Anthony Bennett in 2013 15.6% odds. The following year, 2014, they got #1 Andrew Wiggins with 1.7% odds. Now with the Pelicans as VP Operations, get #1 with 6% odds.

Edison_Chen 05-16-2019 08:21 PM

Big come back in the 3rd quarter for the Warriors!!

They share the ball better without KD.

EDawg 05-16-2019 10:44 PM

Agreed, i was one of the few people who didn't completely turn on KD when he signed with golden state, but i gotta admit warriors basketball is more fun to watch without him

don't get me wrong, KD is an all-world talent and any team would be better with him on it, but at times the warriors rely on him too much. steph and klay not hitting shots? give the ball to KD and let him iso a few baskets and get the offense going again. we KNOW the warriors without KD are already good enough to win a championship (2015).

if the warriors complete the 3peat i think that will be the deciding factor on whether he leaves in free agency or not. if the warriors win, they can say they did it without their best player for most of the playoffs

KD got the titles and the finals mvp trophies that he came for. now it's time for him to build his legacy elsewhere

dachinesedude 05-17-2019 08:34 AM

GSW is a championship team without KD, but KD makes them unbeatable

Obsideon 05-21-2019 04:20 PM

What a game 3! Been some intense Raptors games

Nlkko 05-21-2019 08:07 PM

Van Lit finally.

Euro7r 05-21-2019 08:30 PM

2 wins from NBA Finals. Raptors can pull this off if they played like tonight.

Bender Unit 05-21-2019 08:51 PM

Love to see TO going to Final
It is their window of opportunity.
They need to rest Kawhi Leonard thou
He is hurt and record high play times

F--K Golden State
F--K Durant

Vansterdam 05-22-2019 06:51 AM

dont forget we almost took game 1 and blew the 4th quarter

I think if we can win the next game well take the series 4-2 if not raptors in 7.