REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Conan O'Brien "quits" The Tonight Show (https://www.revscene.net/forums/602463-conan-obrien-quits-tonight-show.html)

Durrann1984 01-22-2010 11:35 PM

cowbelllllll
Posted via RS Mobile
Posted via RS Mobile
Posted via RS Mobile
Posted via RS Mobile

LUUUUUUUU 01-22-2010 11:36 PM

no more conan on tonight show.. this sux...

gnat. 01-22-2010 11:36 PM

LOLOL Will Ferrell.
too epic. conan's speech was incredibly emotional!

Senna4ever 01-22-2010 11:38 PM

Sad day in television history. :(

El Bastardo 01-22-2010 11:39 PM

As much as I hate Jimmy Fallon, that was a nice tribute

Gh0stRider 01-22-2010 11:39 PM

cowbell LOL

LUUUUUUUU 01-22-2010 11:41 PM

ya jimmy tries too hard...
but that was pretty cool wut they did for conan

fuck where's conan gonna in september?

nabs 01-22-2010 11:43 PM

awesome show!

urrh 01-22-2010 11:43 PM

so long conan
always the king

LUUUUUUUU 01-22-2010 11:44 PM

best tonight show host evar

chun 01-22-2010 11:45 PM

Good speech. Seriously moving stuff. It's great to see that he's thought about what he'd like to inspire through all this. Promoting donating for Haiti relief, not being cynical, and just having a crapload of fun.

Goodbye Conan for now :(

Armind 01-22-2010 11:48 PM

:( F Dr. Oz

Senna4ever 01-22-2010 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LUUUUUUUU (Post 6783571)
best tonight show host evar

Out of the current late night hosts, yes. I'll still say Carson can never be topped.

Senna4ever 01-22-2010 11:54 PM

He took the high road and actually thanked NBC. Nice speech.

"There has been a lot of speculation in the press about what I legally can and can't say about NBC. To set the record straight, tonight I am allowed to say anything I want. And what I want to say is this: between my time at "Saturday Night Live," "The Late Night Show," and my brief run here on the "Tonight Show," I have worked with NBC for over 20 years. Yes, we have our differences right now and yes, we're going to go our separate ways, but this company has been my home for most of my adult life. I am enormously proud of the work we have done together, and I want to thank NBC for making it all possible.

"Walking away from the "Tonight Show" is the hardest thing I have ever had to do. Making this choice has been enormously difficult, this is the best job in the world, I absolutely love doing it, and I have the best staff and crew in the history of the medium. But despite this sense of loss, I really feel this should be a happy moment. Every comedian dreams of hosting the "Tonight Show" and, for seven months, I got to. I did it my way, with people I love, and I do not regret a second. I've had more good fortune than anyone I know and if our next gig is doing a show in a 7-11 parking lot, we'll find a way to make it fun.

"Finally, I have to say something to our fans. The massive outpouring of support and passion from so many people has been overwhelming. The rallies, the signs, all the goofy, outrageous creativity on the Internet, and the fact that people have traveled long distances and camped out all night in the pouring rain to be in our audience, made a sad situation joyous and inspirational. To all the people watching, I can never thank you enough for your kindness to me and I'll think about it for the rest of my life. "

I like this quote from him tonight at the end of his speech:
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere," he concluded. "Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

Tim Budong 01-22-2010 11:59 PM

that speech was classy for sure. regardless, he will be back.
Im gonna break the tears and sadness and snap back into reality.
Will America accept Conan...that is the question.

The publicity of the ordeal caused the ratings to spike aside from the already strong fan base he has. If he comes back with Fox or ABC, will it be the same, who knos, but i really hope he does better than Leno and his army of cars.

What i would like to see if Kimmel and CONANDO on the ssame network, now that will be epic

Ch28 01-23-2010 12:40 AM

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/l...an786/Rage.gif

stuff99 01-23-2010 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Bastardo (Post 6783559)
As much as I hate Jimmy Fallon, that was a nice tribute

any video of it?

Noir 01-23-2010 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LUUUUUUUU (Post 6783555)
no more conan on tonight show.. this sux...

Even though Leno's done this for 17 years, I don't think I'll look at Tonight Show the same way ever again.

He may some good guest show from time to time making a good segment, but for some reason the "he's such a douchebag" will always be at the back of my mind.

Tim Budong 01-23-2010 02:50 AM

Leno has his style which appeals more to the older generation. In a way, Letterman was able to move up an hour and reinvent himself with smart jokes vs the stupid cheapshots Leno is known for.

Conan appeals to the revscene demographic. Where sex and slapstick idiocy rules. Coco will always be CoCo
Posted via RS Mobile

StylinRed 01-23-2010 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ch28 (Post 6783638)

that was epic lol

Meowjin 01-23-2010 03:47 AM

I was working tonight so I was unable to watch it. Downloaded it, and wow I Actually Cried.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhKTUPBvqSc

I've been watching conan since 94. I was 7.

Meowjin 01-23-2010 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StylinRed (Post 6783384)
watched the east coast airing

it was pretty good

but i detest all these silly goodbyes people do

since they're just going to have a new show a few months down the line... like when Leno left the Tonight Show etc

you're borderline timpo.

El Bastardo 01-23-2010 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stuff99 (Post 6783668)
any video of it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udcB1e9Ka70

+Kardboard+ 01-23-2010 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darthchilli (Post 6783714)
Leno has his style which appeals more to the older generation. In a way, Letterman was able to move up an hour and reinvent himself with smart jokes vs the stupid cheapshots Leno is known for.

Conan appeals to the revscene demographic. Where sex and slapstick idiocy rules. Coco will always be CoCo
Posted via RS Mobile

Exactly. Right on the nail.

spoon.ek9 01-23-2010 12:53 PM

last night was definetely emotional and put things in perspective. conan will be back and with a vengeance! i'd love to see conan go head to head to head against leno and letterman at the 11:35 time slot. but hey, even if that doesn't happen i will support conan on any other show or timeslot he ends up at!

i too was sad that triumph didn't show up to say a few words last night :lol