REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Food & Fine Dining (https://www.revscene.net/forums/food-fine-dining_33/)
-   -   Fried chicken (https://www.revscene.net/forums/620913-fried-chicken.html)

Sid Vicious 07-28-2010 12:06 AM

Fried chicken

Where can i get some good (not kfc) fried chicken in the lower mainland? something closer to popeyes..some fried biscuits and shit too

Bonka 07-28-2010 12:23 AM

L.A. Chicken by Cambie Rd. & No.5. Only get the chicken though everything else sucks.

Boonie's apparently has fried chicken too but haven't tried it yet.

InvisibleSoul 07-28-2010 09:28 AM

I was reading one of the daily rags a couple days ago, and one of the articles had mentioned that Refuel Restaurant has really good fried chicken...

It comes at a price though... like $18 for a two piece dinner.

I'm still interested in trying it one of these days though. :D

http://www.refuelrestaurant.com/

unit 07-28-2010 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonka (Post 7046436)
L.A. Chicken by Cambie Rd. & No.5. Only get the chicken though everything else sucks.

LA chicken is good but damn its expensive!
3 piece meal cost over 13 bucks after tax.
comes with a coleslaw, fries and gravy or you can substitute the coleslaw for a drink.

churches chicken gets my vote overall.

vl_86 07-28-2010 10:36 AM

Did anyone ever have Lee's Chicken close to metrotown before?

I think it was run by some korean people before they closed down, but man that shit was gooooooooood

I'm wondering if their relocated somewhere else

InvisibleSoul 07-28-2010 10:37 AM

I regret not having tried Lee's Chicken before they closed down.

I should really get my ass to LA Chicken sometime too, even if they are expensive.

unit 07-28-2010 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vl_86 (Post 7046757)
Did anyone ever have Lee's Chicken close to metrotown before?

I think it was run by some korean people before they closed down, but man that shit was gooooooooood

I'm wondering if their relocated somewhere else

hell yeah. i ate there tons of times.
they were a really weird lees chicken tho.
korean food, japanese food, beer, and lees chicken.

now its a korean restaurant that still serves chicken, but its more korean style.
still good but different. doesnt say lees anywhere anymore but i think they kept the recipe or something lol

KuSouL 07-28-2010 10:49 AM

to me Church's Chicken is the best ... no comparison
when i moved to Toronto people kept saying how great Popeye's was, but it's nothing compared to Church's

fliptuner 07-28-2010 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InvisibleSoul (Post 7046758)
I regret not having tried Lee's Chicken before they closed down.

I should really get my ass to LA Chicken sometime too, even if they are expensive.

PoCo on the corner of Prairie and Coast Meridian. Get the spicy/crispy, fries, gravy and onion nuggets. There are also a few more locations in Abby and Chilliwack.

You know how Church's is mostly owned/operated by Flips? Well, Lee's is the same but for Koreans. Lee...Korean..... :rofl:

Couple of other interesting facts:

Church's and Popeye's merged in '89.
Lee's founder, Lee Cummings was Colonel Sanders nephew and help start KFC with him.

Mugen EvOlutioN 07-28-2010 12:04 PM

there is still a Lee's chicken in poco

near costco's

went 2 weeks ago

InvisibleSoul 07-28-2010 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fliptuner (Post 7046807)
PoCo on the corner of Prairie and Coast Meridian. Get the spicy/crispy, fries, gravy and onion nuggets. There are also a few more locations in Abby and Chilliwack.

You know how Church's is mostly owned/operated by Flips? Well, Lee's is the same but for Koreans. Lee...Korean..... :rofl:

Lee's founder, Lee Cummings was Colonel Sanders nephew and help start KFC with him.

Cool beans... although based on the info that the new restaurant that replaced the Burnaby location, Happy Day Metro House, still has the same fried chicken, I think I'll probably just schedule a visit there sometime. :)

I looked up the info, and back in '89, Popeyes as the 3rd largest fried chicken chain, actually bought out Church's, who were the 2nd largest.

But the parent company actually sold of Church's again in 2004, so the two are no longer related.

Phil@rise 07-28-2010 12:24 PM

Churches or mom. Preferably moms

fliptuner 07-28-2010 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InvisibleSoul (Post 7046882)
Cool beans... although based on the info that the new restaurant that replaced the Burnaby location, Happy Day Metro House, still has the same fried chicken, I think I'll probably just schedule a visit there sometime. :)

I looked up the info, and back in '89, Popeyes as the 3rd largest fried chicken chain, actually bought out Church's, who were the 2nd largest.

But the parent company actually sold of Church's again in 2004, so the two are no longer related.

According to "unit" they Koreanized the chicken there.

After reading the wiki entry on Church's, looks like they're getting passed around like a Surrey whore.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church's_Chicken

vl_86 07-28-2010 02:50 PM

Quote:

Nah dude i went to the lee's chicken in abbotsford, the chicken they had there was probably the nastiest chicken i have ever had in my life.. I highly wouldnt recommend the chicken from there

InvisibleSoul 07-28-2010 03:15 PM

Another interesting fact...

The famous KFC bucket was designed by Dave Thomas... yes, the founder of Wendy's.

Before that, he ran a bunch of franchised KFC restaurants.

Not really racist! 07-28-2010 03:52 PM

fuck u guys i want some church's chicken now

LOL

dinamix 07-28-2010 03:58 PM

Theres a lees in langley near 200st by willowbrook mall. uncle willys has decent chicken . All you can eat for 10 bux
Posted via RS Mobile

bd0n 07-28-2010 04:00 PM

Refuel is solid
Four seasons is beyond solid

turb0fr3ak 07-28-2010 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonka (Post 7046436)
L.A. Chicken by Cambie Rd. & No.5

THIS

InvisibleSoul 07-28-2010 04:17 PM

Four Seasons? As in the hotel?

Sid Vicious 07-28-2010 04:49 PM

tried la chicken a coupla times, was meh.

hit up church's chicken recently...chicken was pretty freaking solid, however they didn't have alot of the stuff they do in the states - honey fried biscuits, fried okra etc

bd0n 07-28-2010 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InvisibleSoul (Post 7047188)
Four Seasons? As in the hotel?

Well the YEW

raygunpk 07-28-2010 05:47 PM

churches chicken + jalapeno bombers ftw

unit 07-28-2010 09:16 PM

if you guys dont mind cooking fried chicken at home, i have this book called 'ad hoc at home' by thomas keller. it has the most amazing fried chicken recipe. theres a lot of prep involved but its not as bad as it sounds and its worth it (i made the brine in like 5 minutes)

the recipe is posted here:

http://www.amazon.com/Ad-Hoc-Home-Thomas-Keller/dp/1579653774

murd0c 07-28-2010 09:43 PM

Quote:

I go to that churches chicken once or twice a week for lunch. 2 spicy chicken burgers with no tomato but a slice of cheese. I go to the rogers and buy the pv bluerays while I wait lol

Man I love that spicy batter they use, it leaves the meat so tender and just a little kick. Fricken awesome.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mugen EvOlutioN (Post 7046861)
there is still a Lee's chicken in poco

near costco's

went 2 weeks ago

yep its not as good as the Churches thats for sure.