REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 09-03-2010, 09:10 PM   #101
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
Guess i'll just have to upgrade to a GT35r... That way the cops simply wont be able to catch me.
Advertisement
Old 09-03-2010, 09:20 PM   #102
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 1,357 Times in 508 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor192 View Post
That is a good question.

I don't mind this type of offense being administered at roadside. It is not hard for an officer to determine you were 40+ over the limit, and little you can argue to defend yourself against it in court. It is a pretty open/shut case.

For those who want their day in court to hope the officer knocks it down or doesn't show, it doesn't make you less guilty.

FYI: People have beaten the similar law in Ontario, and the impound/towing fees are not reimbursed.
That's retarded, because the penalty for 39 over and 41 over is night and day. I reserve the right to challenge the accuracy of the equipment and/or it might so happens that my speedometer is not calibrated correctly (ahem BMWs) and there's discrepancy between what I know and what you think is the truth.

there's much to be discussed at the court here. A mis-calibrated instrument (like the radar gun) should easily throw out a case like this. But if the car is towed then wtf.

That's like having someone weigh your weed with an inaccurate scale and say that you just went over the threshold of personal consumption - hence criminal offense.

Then you get into a lawsuit and still get dinged for legal fees. No it does not work that way IRL if I can prove that your damn scale is useless.

• 2017 Alfa Romeo Giula Q4
  • 1999 Nissan Stagea 260RS 1 of 748
  • 1998 Nissan Laurel Medallion Club S drift boi
  • 1991 Lexus LS400 mint boi
  • 1989 Nissan S-Cargo cute boi
hk20000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 09:33 PM   #103
Banned (BBM)

thats like anyone who does 120km at night should receives a VI

Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 01:52 AM   #104
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,192 Times in 2,274 Posts
ok
yes this law will curb speeding
but it doesnt fix one big issue I have with our roadway system

there are spots in which the speed drops by 20km. Cops will set up traps right where it switches
and depending on time of day and how everyone is driving, yo are almost 90% sure to get dinged

say.. hwy99 northbound south end of massey tunnel. it goes from 100-80 within a 40m stretch..probably less. most cars will have hit maybe 85-95 depending on how fast you approach it. thats speeding already, albeit not to the extent of the new law

or say upperlevels headin back into vancouver. the downhill section, radar at the bottom of the hill, your going speed limit, but the car behind ya is tailgating, in most cases, becuz its a downhill, you will drive a bit faster to avoid an accident, in which you see a cop wave you down cuz u were speeding to protect your own ass. The car behind you might be a beater or an unskilled driver..or jsut someone in a hurry that might make a mistake and rearend you
Tim Budong is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-04-2010, 03:27 AM   #105
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
Oh no I just did 130 down highway 99 4:30 AM WITH NOONE FUCKING AROUND. I AM SUCH A FUCKING THREAT.
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-04-2010, 05:00 AM   #106
RS controls my life!

we have to pay for the olympics some how. lol
Leung_Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 08:37 AM   #107
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leung_Dog View Post
we have to pay for the olympics some how. lol
YES, first was the parking meter in downtown, HST and now this crap? I love this city!!
DHPEM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-04-2010, 09:18 AM   #108
I am grateful grapefruit

haha, there's so much hate in this thread... everybody just complains about the city, the province, the government. If you really feel so strongly against it, write to your MLA. Or if he doesn't do anything, then vote for another one during election time.
gars is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-04-2010, 09:30 AM   #109
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,420 Times in 669 Posts
I love the government. So much I think I'll move to Alberta.
Old 09-04-2010, 10:04 AM   #110
Banned (BBM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinHurricane View Post
Oh no I just did 130 down highway 99 4:30 AM WITH NOONE FUCKING AROUND. I AM SUCH A FUCKING THREAT.
try 121km

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHPEM1 View Post
YES, first was the parking meter in downtown, HST and now this crap? I love this city!!
fuck the goverment
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 10:19 AM   #111
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,105 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990TSI View Post
No money from the tickets though and with no tickets, taylor192 will shrivel up into a mazda miata

all in all, this new law is about as retarded as taylor192s sweet paint job.

and taylor, please don't respond to my post, I don't want to hear what you have to say.
That is the best way to put your tail between your legs yet! Make fun of me then turn and hide. Goog job. Consider yourself reported too.
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-04-2010, 10:23 AM   #112
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
That's retarded, because the penalty for 39 over and 41 over is night and day. I reserve the right to challenge the accuracy of the equipment and/or it might so happens that my speedometer is not calibrated correctly (ahem BMWs) and there's discrepancy between what I know and what you think is the truth.
If you go to court to argue between 39 and 41 you obviously know you were speeding and are guilty.
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-04-2010, 10:24 AM   #113
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gars View Post
haha, there's so much hate in this thread... everybody just complains about the city, the province, the government. If you really feel so strongly against it, write to your MLA. Or if he doesn't do anything, then vote for another one during election time.
It is not hate, it is stupidity. Look at the people responding against this new law, they cannot even put together a sentence properly, nevermind construct a valid argument.
Old 09-04-2010, 10:29 AM   #114
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E N D L E S S View Post
That's what I did a long time ago

Getting your car impounded for going 40km/h over is ridiculous.

So now it's not enough to just fine someone and raise your insurance, they want to withhold your property and make you pay for the impound fees too? What's next, they come to your house and take your TV and fridge too?

I don't care what the logic is behind that.... it SUCKS.

Leave peoples property alone.
I know you're a moderator, yet come on! Of course you don't care about logic, cause your post has none.

When you commit a crime they take the property used to commit it. Like I've pointed out, if you want higher speed limits that means greater driver education, and also stricter enforcement of those limits.

So you can have no speed limit on the S2S, yet like the Autobahn, when there is a speed limit you better obey it or risk stiffer penalties.

Then again, that's based on logic, which has just about been thrown out of this thread.
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-04-2010, 10:30 AM   #115
straight from the fields of squamton

Quote:
Goog job. Consider yourself reported too.
HEY GOOGZZ!!!!!

Consider your self backtraced too.
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-04-2010, 10:30 AM   #116
Banned (ABWS)

Ah, now 1990TSI is going to stalk me.

Try coming up with a better argument, and maybe you wouldn't have to fear my response.
Old 09-04-2010, 10:33 AM   #117
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990TSI View Post
One member has already been warned by a moderator about personal attacks. I've sent him a PM. If you want to talk smack there's an entire section for it.
Old 09-04-2010, 10:34 AM   #118
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
Usually I'm pro whatever law change (especially the phone ban while driving) but this one I don't see eye to eye with.

40km over is not only exceeding, but also dangerous to do so in the city. However on a highway with lots of space around is not too bad IMO.

I guess we'll never get an autobahn here lol
Posted via RS Mobile
vafanculo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 11:12 AM   #119

Quote:
I know you're a moderator, yet come on! Of course you don't care about logic, cause your post has none.

When you commit a crime they take the property used to commit it. Like I've pointed out, if you want higher speed limits that means greater driver education, and also stricter enforcement of those limits.

So you can have no speed limit on the S2S, yet like the Autobahn, when there is a speed limit you better obey it or risk stiffer penalties.

Then again, that's based on logic, which has just about been thrown out of this thread.
Going 40 km/h over is not a criminal offense.

I don't care what the logic is, and we are definitely not talking about a firearm being used to commit a crime here; to have the right to take and withhold someones property for going 150km/h in a 110km/h zone at 4 in the morning with no one around is bs.

Like I said in my original post, what's next then? They come and take your TV and fridge too? It's not right.

I know there's the deterrent perspective, but that's what traffic violation tickets are for.

REVscene.net - Vancouver's #1 Automotive Forum and Classified's Site!

Interested in advertising with REVSCENE? Join our roster of Brian Jessel BMW, EBISU Robson, Blitz Gear, Soundworks, and dozens of the Lower Mainlands BUSIEST and most SUCCESSFUL small and medium businesses! Let us take you to the next level with our Incredibly affordable and effective packages Advertisement@revscene.net
CanadaGoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 11:14 AM   #120
How I Mod your mother

Quote:
One member has already been warned by a moderator about personal attacks. I've sent him a PM. If you want to talk smack there's an entire section for it.
This is correct. Keep the flaming and personal attacks out. This thread is for a discussion only.

If you have a problem with a certain user, move it to fight club.

You've been warned.
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 11:23 AM   #121

Flame baiting and purposeful provoking in the general forums will be treated equally as flaming. Like Yaminshi stated, if you have a problem with a certain user, move it to fight club.

Thank you

REVscene.net - Vancouver's #1 Automotive Forum and Classified's Site!

Interested in advertising with REVSCENE? Join our roster of Brian Jessel BMW, EBISU Robson, Blitz Gear, Soundworks, and dozens of the Lower Mainlands BUSIEST and most SUCCESSFUL small and medium businesses! Let us take you to the next level with our Incredibly affordable and effective packages Advertisement@revscene.net
CanadaGoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 12:15 PM   #122
Banned (ABWS)

WHOA, I JUST GIVE A FAT FUCK.

Last edited by JiggaZed; 09-04-2010 at 12:50 PM.
JiggaZed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 12:42 PM   #123
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,101 Times in 351 Posts
Quote:
It is not hate, it is stupidity. Look at the people responding against this new law, they cannot even put together a sentence properly, nevermind construct a valid argument.
Excuse me? I can put together a sentence just fine. For someone who is reporting anyone and everyone they can, it's hypocritical of you to attack the linguistic skills of those opposed to this law and call those people stupid.

And really, the inability to put together a sentence does not mean that person's voice or opinion has any less weight than yours.

Just because you can put a sentence together doesn't mean you know what the fuck you're talking about.

Kev
Old 09-04-2010, 12:50 PM   #124
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen EvOlutioN View Post
80km thru out highway 1, i find it funny doing 120km is necessary to impound my car and give me a $500 dollar ticket
It's 80km/hr right now because there's construction going on throughout a major stretch of the highway and most of the work is going on at night time. You don't drive 120km/hr when there's a bunch of people right on the other side of the two foot concrete barrier. However, don't forget that fines are double right now on Highway one as well...
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 12:51 PM   #125
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,386 Times in 4,259 Posts
Damn taylor. You eff'ed up. Done. GG'd.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote