REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   Supplements (https://www.revscene.net/forums/639983-supplements.html)

Fobman 11-08-2011 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mangoo- (Post 7678322)
any opinions on casein? did a search nothing comes up

casein is good b4 going to bed that's it =)

Fobman 11-08-2011 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stealthy (Post 7672939)
Since I know supplemt protein doesn't affect too much for gains but I'm looking to pick up a new tub since my weight gainer is running out

Which should I go for Gaspari's Myofusion or ON 100% Whey?
Looking in terms of:

-Taste
-Mixability
-Whether or not it's okay to drink before bed

i say go with ON100% mixes better and tastes better =)

SkinnyPupp 11-08-2011 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fobman (Post 7682215)
casein is good b4 going to bed that's it =)

Not to be rude but NO
Posted via RS Mobile

Fobman 11-08-2011 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 7682219)
Not to be rude but NO
Posted via RS Mobile

well i meant best b4 taking before going to sleep lol
i wouldn't take it in the morning and after workout

SkinnyPupp 11-08-2011 11:24 PM

Then you're buying in on the marketing of whey, rather than actual science
Posted via RS Mobile

hal0g0dv2 11-09-2011 02:42 AM

Bought casein once 4 years later not missing much
Posted via RS Mobile

SkinnyPupp 11-09-2011 04:06 AM

Well there you go then :thumbsup:

spideyv2 11-09-2011 08:36 AM

Cup of cottage cheese mixed with tuna before bed
Posted via RS Mobile

asahai69 11-09-2011 03:56 PM

uggh casein. you need to blend that shit. or your gonna be chewing......

kevin7352 11-12-2011 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 7682284)
Then you're buying in on the marketing of whey, rather than actual science
Posted via RS Mobile

:considered:

do tell

hal0g0dv2 11-12-2011 09:10 PM

protein powder is slowly getting pushed off the pwo market and you will be seeing lots of bcaa's products being used, i have not had a protein powder shake after a workout in a while. I still have them during the day here and there but slowly i am taking less and buying less as the months go on. I find bcca drinks heading in to half way threw the workout and after is much better. Surge recovery i have been rocking for years and its a great product.
Dont get me wrong protein has its place but i get most of it from food

PK6o4* 11-13-2011 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hal0g0dv2 (Post 7686731)
protein powder is slowly getting pushed off the pwo market and you will be seeing lots of bcaa's products being used, i have not had a protein powder shake after a workout in a while. I still have them during the day here and there but slowly i am taking less and buying less as the months go on. I find bcca drinks heading in to half way threw the workout and after is much better. Surge recovery i have been rocking for years and its a great product.
Dont get me wrong protein has its place but i get most of it from food

is there any place to get it locally? i heard you could only get biotest surge from tnation
Posted via RS Mobile

JSilver 11-13-2011 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fobman (Post 7682226)
well i meant best b4 taking before going to sleep lol
i wouldn't take it in the morning and after workout

You can take Casein any part of the day. It just breaks down a lot slower. I've had a tub on Casein for awhile but I do usually take it at night.

I started eating Cottage cheese, peanut butter an apple before bed time instead lately. Disliking the fact that Casein is super thick to drink.

SkinnyPupp 11-15-2011 10:23 PM

Want to fucking kick ass at HIIT? load up on beta alanine. That shit is for reals yo.

Take 5g 2-3 times a day. I put 1 scoop in my morning amino caffeine drink, and 5 get in my workout amino drink.
Posted via RS Mobile

penner2k 11-16-2011 04:02 AM

So update on my "stack" that I'm taking..

So far up 4 lbs in 3 weeks. My chest has dropped fat... my shoulders are getting noticeably more vascular. Lifts have started jumping in the last couple of days.
Sex drive is just stupid. Got a boner watching The Office last week........ from pregnant Pam :|
I also get "tunnel vision" when I see a girl.

I'm thinking blood work is gonna be needed in a couple of months after I finish these products to see what is low. With my stack I'm lowering prolacin, estrogen and raising test. Obviously something was out of wack before and this is bringing it back to "normal"

hal0g0dv2 11-16-2011 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penner2k (Post 7691020)

So far up 4 lbs in 3 weeks. My chest has dropped fat... my shoulders are getting noticeably more vascular. Lifts have started jumping in the last couple of days.
Sex drive is just stupid. Got a boner watching The Office last week........ from pregnant Pam :|

I'm thinking blood work is gonna be needed in a couple of months after I finish these products to see what is low. With my stack I'm lowering prolacin, estrogen and raising test. Obviously something was out of wack before and this is bringing it back to "normal"

What r u on ???
Posted via RS Mobile

SkinnyPupp 11-16-2011 08:54 AM

Horny Goat Weed

mc25 11-16-2011 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penner2k (Post 7691020)

ughhh…waiter, ill have what hes having...

kevin7352 11-16-2011 04:04 PM

How's ON 100% Whey?
I don't wanna be an ON whore but i was planning on getting that, optimen, ON's fish oil, and ON's creatine mono

Ch28 11-16-2011 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 7690780)
Want to fucking kick ass at HIIT? load up on beta alanine. That shit is for reals yo.

Take 5g 2-3 times a day. I put 1 scoop in my morning amino caffeine drink, and 5 get in my workout amino drink.
Posted via RS Mobile

I remember the first time I took BA and I was like :ahwow: tingles like whoa :fullofwin:
Took a little too much once and threw up half way through my workout. :fuuuuu:

penner2k 11-16-2011 04:40 PM

Testforce2 (DAA)
BPS Endosurge
PES Erase

Testforce2 boosts test by up to 40%... BPS Endosurge lowers prolactin and frees up test, PES Erase lowers cortisol and estrogen...
Like I said I am starting to believe that maybe something was out of wack before and this has just sorta fixed it.

hal0g0dv2 11-16-2011 06:21 PM

do u like the test force
i have never tried a test booster maybe try one for fun

RRxtar 11-16-2011 07:09 PM

speaking of bloodwork. anyone get bloodwork and a physical from your doctor specifically in regards to training?

and to go a step further, anyone whos on dat der cycle do the same and talk to your doctor about it / get regular checks done while on? (pm if you want)

penner2k 11-17-2011 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hal0g0dv2 (Post 7691742)
do u like the test force
i have never tried a test booster maybe try one for fun

Its really hard to say if its working or not. One problem is I took 3 different products all at once. In theory they all complement each other well. I am planning on taking it again though. I might just try bulk daa next time though.

strykn 11-17-2011 05:58 PM

test boosters only work on getting ur test levels back to normal levels but you won't be passing ur natural levels with OTC test booster, there mainly used in PCTs ... although they do increase quality of sleep ( with all the zma in them) lol

( from a lot of wasted money + research)