REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-08-2011, 08:01 PM   #2651
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
Ya i missed out.

I just read from last night that they took 10min to server her but I didn't read about anything disgusting they did to her food.
Advertisement

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
DanHibiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 08:04 PM   #2652
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,809 Times in 8,186 Posts
They collected stale beer from all the pitchers, and poured it into one pitcher and served it to them. I don't care who the "victim" is, fucking with customers food is just fucked up.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 08:56 PM   #2653
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
They collected stale beer from all the pitchers, and poured it into one pitcher and served it to them. I don't care who the "victim" is, fucking with customers food is just fucked up.
this is why i asked for it taken down, the way i wrote it made it sound worse then it was because i had had a few drinks before writing it and people blew it out of proportion, there was no stale beer from other pitchers. there was 2 glasses of beer (never served or left the taps area or fucked with in ANY way) that was recently poured from a new keg which was foam(if you have worked in a place that has draft beer you know what this is), it had not sat long and was about 1/6 of the jug and everything else was fresh which is by no means un sanitary or unhealthy in anyway or even noticable by taste. nothing was touched to food, and i have never fucked with anyones food or drinks.
classified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 11:20 PM   #2654
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
meh its not like he said he pissed or jizzed in the drinks

but good idea on editing
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 07:31 PM   #2655
Ubereem Mod

Vancouver rioters accidentally identify themselves - Yahoo! News

Quote:
.Here’s a copyright story that has nothing to do with music downloads or movie piracy.
As was widely reported following the Vancouver hockey riots, social media was used to crowdsource a vigilante effort to identify the jerks who tore up their own city. Sites like Identifyrioters.com were launched to post pictures of the mayhem. They encourage users to click an “I know who this is!” button to link a pic to a person. Allegations are not posted publicly. They’re forwarded to the cops, who can follow up and see if the names fit the pics. Facebook also hosted similar armchair vigilante efforts, and video of the carnage was posted and scrutinized several sites. The online exposure was such that some rioters turned themselves in after finding their douchebaggery digitally documented.

But some of the hooligans exposed on Youtube found a clever way to get the video removed—copyright claims. Under Youtube’s “Notice and Takedown” policy, all you need to do is claim you own the rights to a video and demand that it be removed, and Youtube will remove it. The video’s uploader will be informed of the allegation and then have a chance to challenge it.

But here’s the rub: in order to claim ownership of a video’s copyright, you have to identify yourself. And when Youtube informs the uploader that they’re being accused of a copyright violation, they have to tell them who their accuser is. So rioters are indirectly handing their names over to the very people who were trying to identify them.

Dave Teixeira of Port Coquitlam runs the site canucksriot2011.com. He posted a video of a guy getting hit in the groin with a stun grenade. Youtube told him “Flashing Nut Shot” was removed due to a copyright complaint filed by a certain individual. Texieria simply forwarded the complainer’s name to the police.

Yay, Internet!
Gt-R R34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 07:59 PM   #2656
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Flashbang to the nuts guy just got flasbanged in the nuts. I didn't see him doing anything criminal, just hilarious. Is there video of him doing other stuff?
minoru_tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 08:02 PM   #2657
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,382 Times in 416 Posts
wow ingenious
k3mps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 09:35 AM   #2658
Glorious Gaming PC Master Race

is there a final tally of all the people caught?
Old 07-18-2011, 11:36 AM   #2659
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Did Dustin Anderson end up turning himself in? I haven't heard anything about him after he posted that he "planned to turn himself in". Douche.
Old 07-18-2011, 01:39 PM   #2660
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
whats the background story on classified and his edited posts?
Who was the riotor that came into the establishment he worked at?

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 02:15 PM   #2661
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

^^the retarded chick with the 20page apology, camille or sth?
wingies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 03:09 PM   #2662
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,318 Times in 5,637 Posts
So basically no one got into any real trouble, all the internet tough guys who thought they fucked somone up got 15 minutes of fame, and all the rioters go on living a normal life once a few things blow over

nice :/
Old 07-19-2011, 06:49 PM   #2663
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

I think the investigation is still going on, my friend just received this email from VPD;

Quote:
Good Afternoon

My name is Sgt. Denis Dionne and I am currently assigned to the Integrated Riot Investigation Team. I am sending you this e-mail in response to your correspondence you sent to the Vancouver Police Department, regarding the riot events which took place on June 15th 2011.

Let me first tank you for your assistance in this case and express our gratitude from all of us at the Integrated Riot Investigation Team.

As part of our investigation we would like to meet with you in order to retrieve the information from its original format e.g. phone, Thumb Drive, Hard Drive etc.

Could you get in contact me via this e-mail address Denis.Dionne@vpd.ca or at the telephone number listed below.

Again thank you very much for your assistance in this case.

Best Regards

Sgt. Denis Dionne 38878
Integrated Riot Investigation Team
Team # 1
Office: (604) 717-8929
Cell: (604) 805-1175
Denis.Dionne@vpd.ca

My Buy/Sell Rating (5-0-0)
Aleks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 07:05 PM   #2664
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Lots of investigations still going on. Yes, it's been a month but they've received millions of pictures and videos. Hell, I sent a couple hundred myself and if I understand the e-mails they've sent me correctly, there's a good number of people working on it but still not enough.

I doubt we'll see an end to all this for another 6 months at least.

If the city doesn't throw the book at these guys, we need to raise a stink about it.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 09:24 PM   #2665
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,101 Times in 351 Posts
I just got my car back today. $14k in damage to the 2008 GTI I couldn't sell for $21k for a month prior to the incident.

Initial damage estimate from my ICBC estimator was $5300. No biggie. Fast forward a couple of days, I got a call from my bodyshop that the damage estimate was approved at $13k. I called my ICBC estimator immediately to determine whether the car was a candidate to be written off. My three calls were not returned over a span of two weeks. I escalated the situation to the estimator's manager. By then the car was well into it's repairs.

All I got was an apology from the manager for lack of customer service. He even admitted that the salvage value of my vehicle was miscalculated. That it could possibly have been written off. But at that point the vehicle was already being repaired so I had no recourse. I explained that I raised the issue right away. Too bad so sad as per ICBC.

Thanks to the rioters who fucked my car up. Thanks to ICBC for fucking me over.

My fight isn't over yet. More people need to be aware that ICBC is not on your side, even if they publicly say they are doing everything they can to help the victims of the riots.

Kev
Old 07-19-2011, 09:35 PM   #2666
Ask me about how I answered the question "How fat is TOO fat?"

Thanked 4,122 Times in 1,141 Posts
ICBC are fuckers, best of luck on selling your car

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Current
e92 335i 6MT FBO
e90 330i 6MT
Former
e46 330ci 5MT - RIP
uc1 5AT
em2 5MT
db7 5AT - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota86 View Post
the guys over at lambo vancouver said there are 60-70 pre-orders already. don't quote me though.
The_AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 09:41 PM   #2667
RS controls my life!

Sorry to hear about your car Roach.

Fuck ICBC their a bunch of lazy ass bitches. Had to go get my licence back after a 3 day suspension and I had $100 outstanding from a previous premium ticket. I told them it will be taken care of since i set up a payment plan with ICBC but of course i cant get my licence back unless I pay it on the spot. So i tell them i just dont want to get double charged since its on an automatic monthy payment charged to my CC. So I go ahead a pay it and check my online banking couple days later and llow and behold I get double charged.

Call ICBC they tell me to fax the receipt over but I dont have fax machine. They tell me to go to any licencing office and have them fax it over. I'm like why should I drive over to fax this when you can just call the licenceing office and have them confirm with you that i paid it? The lady said "no guarentee" Im like wtf does that mean your not gonna refund my $100??? fuckers go on about some other shit and i just drive to licencing centre and have them fax it but have to deal with line up and then explaining to them the situation again. Just faxing it took close to an hour of my time to get back my fucking $100 that i KNEW they would charge me again. Worst customer service!! Isn;t it their fucking job to like make it easier for me if I have a problem and not whats easier for them?? bunch of fuckers

edit: Forgot to add its gonna take up to 2 weeks to get that fucking $100 check in the mail whereas if I were to leave it up to them having to take care of this without me faxing that shit over they said it would take up to 6 weeks?!?!?! Get your shit together ICBC
/endrant

Last edited by red_2; 07-19-2011 at 09:46 PM.
red_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-19-2011, 09:44 PM   #2668
Hyde's Understudy

Roach: If you couldn't sell it for a month did you try lowering the price? As long as you are selling for 10-15% less than a certified unit at a dealership, you should have been able to sell it.
Posted via RS Mobile
BlackZRoadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 09:47 PM   #2669
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,101 Times in 351 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackZRoadster View Post
Roach: If you couldn't sell it for a month did you try lowering the price? As long as you are selling for 10-15% less than a certified unit at a dealership, you should have been able to sell it.
Posted via RS Mobile
The long and short of it, yes and yes. I had already bought another vehicle and as a result had lowered my price to facilitate a sale but no bites.

Kev
Old 07-19-2011, 10:57 PM   #2670
Hyde's Understudy

Red_2. : maybe if u got your shit together and wasn't suspended for 3 days, you wouldn't have that problem ?
Posted via RS Mobile
BlackZRoadster is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-20-2011, 12:24 AM   #2671
Need to Seek Professional Help

i saw james ha was at my group interview today, i can't believe no one recognized him and invited him in

then again, what do I know... i've only been here since 2000
/// E46 328i
AutozamAZ-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 01:11 AM   #2672
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Friend of mine told me Jason Li served him at a Tim Hortons.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 07:34 AM   #2673
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleks View Post
I think the investigation is still going on, my friend just received this email from VPD;

Quote:
Let me first tank you for your assistance in this case and express our gratitude from all of us at the Integrated Riot Investigation Team.
lol looks like Sgt. Denis Dionne needs to proof read his email better
Old 07-20-2011, 07:49 AM   #2674
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutozamAZ-3 View Post
i saw james ha was at my group interview today, i can't believe no one recognized him and invited him in
unfortunately i think a majority of people out there don't follow these things online so most ppl will have their 15min of infamy and move on in life. the only ones that might be affected to a greater extent were the ones showcased on the local news like the water polo kid or the guy taking a swing at the firefighter. even then it'll probably die down.

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 02:28 PM   #2675
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutozamAZ-3 View Post
did you ask him what he stole from the bay?