REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-07-2022, 08:11 AM   #12826
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,019 Times in 1,912 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post
From the Reddit Vancouver source, I believe they said it was part of the convoy.

The police themselves should be charged for dereliction of duty in this case...
using small children as human shields to block the Commercial Drive route. Imagine the headlines that would make had Ottawa protesters done the same against a car line of police.
^^ Counter protesters also has the right and 'freedom' to protest ... no matter how old. Freedom doesn't just go one way clown.

Personally, I thought it was an ingenious way to disrupt them. Someone was asking if it worked, I think so. The convoy had to split up. It just so happens I had to be around VGH Broadway area around 11:30-12:00 noon on Sat and I didn't see any trucks or pickups honking near the hospital. Traffic was fine near City Hall, 12th, Cambie, Willow, etc. Just the annoying honking ... but since we live in a democratic society, that's a small price to pay for the privilege.
Advertisement
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 09:12 AM   #12827
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
Haha, that's an, uh, "interesting" way of looking at it?

Perhaps someone with even a hint of optimism in their life might say they're teaching kids the difference between right and wrong and how to stand up for what they believe in?

Is there an age requirement for protesting? Do they check ID to verify it when you protest? Is it more okay to run over an adult than a kid?
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
^^ Counter protesters also has the right and 'freedom' to protest ... no matter how old. Freedom doesn't just go one way clown.
As if some vaxxed lunatic didnt run over 3-4 convoy protesters a few days go... maybe your next argument will be children have resilient bones and a cars undercarriage/oil pan would be high enough to pass over a small skull then crush it like a melon.

Quote:
BTW you can't legally block the police from going about their duty so yah, that would be really irresponsible to throw your kid in front of a police convoy.

Your argument is pretty fucking stupid lol
When the Queen calls, there's a very thin line between police and tyrants.
This country is so desperate that it blows people up with IEDs (improvised explosive devices) dug into the ground and plots smear campaigns.
The Gustafsen Lake standoff

Quote:
Quote:
Personally, I thought it was an ingenious way to disrupt them. Someone was asking if it worked, I think so. The convoy had to split up. It just so happens I had to be around VGH Broadway area around 11:30-12:00 noon on Sat and I didn't see any trucks or pickups honking near the hospital. Traffic was fine near City Hall, 12th, Cambie, Willow, etc. Just the annoying honking ... but since we live in a democratic society, that's a small price to pay for the privilege.
Remember what happened to the guys who purposely released tainted AIDS blood in Canadian medicine? Nothing happened... they do what they want here. Youre at the mercy of the elite.

I read a guys tweet claiming a PhD in molecular biology.
He says, no doubt this is an engineered biological weapon and not natural. Statistically improbably to have four segments that map to a completely different virus (HIV) with 100% conservation.

You dont have look in to it but atleast realize youve put a spike protein into your blood and organs in which a similar vaccine that was created, detects HIV antibodies.
Australian vaccine abandoned over false HIV response
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-55269381
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc

Last edited by CharlesInCharge; 02-07-2022 at 09:17 AM.
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-07-2022, 09:18 AM   #12828
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,121 Times in 531 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro7r View Post
My wedding is coming up a in a couple months. I'm trying to get a Tuxedo & suits for my groomsmen. Groomsmen will be rentals; however, for my Tuxedo, I'm not sure if I want to rent or fork out the money. I went to Moores on the weekend and they said it won't be 100% fitted due to it being a rental. If I get a custom Tux, it starts at $500, and then it'll increase if you start tacking on things like custom designed inner lining material etc. Rental is $250 and custom one is $500.

I went to Bello wedding where my fiance is renting her dress to check their Tux, it was more fitted to my body; however, there is only one option to choose from in terms of styling as their shop is catered to wedding dresses mainly. Rental is $250. I like their fit, but don't quite really like the styling.

Is there any other good places I should consider looking at? Part of me I would like to rent due to I won't use a Tux in my day to day attire (save the few hundred bucks), but at the same time, the wedding day is about me and I should look the damn best. Not sure what I should do....
go to the tux store by granville. rent 4, the 5th one is free.
highfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 01:09 PM   #12829
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,755 Times in 701 Posts
Has anyone been to an all inclusive in Mexico?

We're looking at at all inclusive in Cabos San Lucas. Seems to be about $2300 all in for a 4.5* and seven days. Direct flight, hotel, etc. I've never done all inclusive before, anything I should look out for?
PeanutButter is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-07-2022, 01:27 PM   #12830
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,366 Times in 5,658 Posts
It’s very hard to take reviews seriously because people will slam an all inclusive for the dumbest shit. Read through a tonne of reviews on multiple sources like google, trip advisor etc. and then make your decision based on that.

Personally I hate Cabo. I’ve been there twice once to San Jose Del Cabo and then once at the Riu closer to downtown Cabo San Lucas. That whole area I find just stifling in terms of that endless, relentless sales pitch/hustling bullshit. I feel like I’ve never really experienced true Mexico as in areas outside of resorts etc. but Mexico as a whole kind of gives me a vibe I don’t really enjoy.

When you’re looking at 4.5/5 star resorts the differentiating factor is the food. You can go to one resort that’s a 4.5 star and the food is “good” and you’ll pay 2500-3000 a person. Then you look at some of the 5 star resorts and they are like 4000 a person, look pretty much the same, but the food will be very good. In that $2300 price range I’d probably just try to go to the newest resort possible.

Btw, almost every resort on the sea of Cortez side you won’t be swimming in the ocean unless you’re a very strong swimmer. Basically you have to dive into the rip and swim passed it in order to swim in the ocean. If you are unsure whether you’re a strong swimmer, you’re not. Lol

I’m going to Playa in March, we’ll see how it goes. Might be my last jaunt to Mexico lol
Old 02-07-2022, 01:39 PM   #12831
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,593 Times in 1,729 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeanutButter View Post

We're looking at at all inclusive in Cabos San Lucas. Seems to be about $2300 all in for a 4.5* and seven days. Direct flight, hotel, etc. I've never done all inclusive before, anything I should look out for?
Rent an Airbnb man, way better. But if it's you're first time, try to stick with 4 stars or more. $2300 per person with flight is somewhat high, what time of year are you booking?
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-07-2022, 01:40 PM   #12832
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,926 Times in 3,878 Posts
I've only been to one, but the main things I noticed were 1) take a good look at what is and isn't included, 2) if you book an excursion, whatever they're telling you about it isn't accurate. That's roughly what you'll be doing, but the info the person you talk to has is off by a bit.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 01:47 PM   #12833

Thanked 2,755 Times in 701 Posts
We're choosing Cabo because it's a short direct 4h20m flight and we'll be travelling with a two year old, so we want the flight direct and we want it shorter. Because of the kid, we're likely not going off the resort at all.

$2300 per is the minimum for the 4.5/5* places, we are looking at either end of August or October.

It's just to recharge because we want a second baby, so we want one vacation before we have to go through war again...
PeanutButter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 01:49 PM   #12834
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,366 Times in 5,658 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
Rent an Airbnb man, way better. But if it's you're first time, try to stick with 4 stars or more. $2300 per person with flight is somewhat high, what time of year are you booking?
Prices for all inclusive are crazy right now.

My buddies and I went to Cabo and stayed at the Riu in 2013 for like $1200 all in for everything. Now the cheapest all inclusive is like $2000+
Old 02-07-2022, 03:13 PM   #12835
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,814 Times in 1,771 Posts
So my wife just got a new job in Downtown Victoria. She plans to take the bus.
It's pretty convenient, my street is right in the middle of two major bus routes direct to downtown.

Quite a change from her daily drive out to rural Central Saanich
That now means I'm going to have 3 vehicles that we barely drive anymore.
I'm going to have to offload at least one, I'm almost thinking it's time to part ways with the Speed 3.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-07-2022, 03:31 PM   #12836
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,823 Times in 2,507 Posts
how's the parking/driving situation to dt victoria?

i know when i was on a job site a couple of years skytrain to dt vancouver was great, but these days i prefer to commute if parking isn't too bad. i can't be bothered by public transit during rush hour to squeeze in to a bus or train.

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 04:00 PM   #12837

The drive from my house wouldn't be bad, I live in the Glanford/Carey area.

But monthly parking doesn't exist right now, they're not even taking waitlists. So it's standard day parking at $12 a day, and it's pretty full up.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

Old 02-07-2022, 04:54 PM   #12838
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,225 Times in 1,027 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great68 View Post
So my wife just got a new job in Downtown Victoria. She plans to take the bus.
It's pretty convenient, my street is right in the middle of two major bus routes direct to downtown.

Quite a change from her daily drive out to rural Central Saanich
That now means I'm going to have 3 vehicles that we barely drive anymore.
I'm going to have to offload at least one, I'm almost thinking it's time to part ways with the Speed 3.
I miss my old one, I'm almost tempted hahaha. Some of the mods are out of production though.
EvoFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 08:32 PM   #12839
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,464 Times in 5,119 Posts
I'm tempted toooooo haha
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 08:38 PM   #12840
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,225 Times in 1,027 Posts
Quote:
I'm tempted toooooo haha
You should, just to make it that much more confusing for everyone
EvoFire is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-07-2022, 09:47 PM   #12841
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,699 Times in 1,626 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeanutButter View Post

We were at an all-inclusive at Puerto Vallarta (Hyatt Ziva), and both the wife and I loved it. 6 nights and I think we ate all but 3 meals in-resort. But check the fine print - for ours, room service, the 24/7 cafe, drinks service on the beach, and everything else to eat on the resort was included, including all but the most extravagant alcohols. Neither of us drink a lot, so that wasn't a huge deal.

During lunch I ordered a coke, and the waiter looks genuinely confused as he asked me "But sir! Why the hell would you want a coke, when you get a coke and RUM??"

Now, that said, during dinner the waiter asked if we wanted the lobster special, which wasn't on the menu. We said sure, and it was fucking delicious. Until we got the $120 USD bill...because it wasn't on the menu...lol. But no regrets, would recommend IF the food they serve has enough variety. Hyatt Ziva had 6 different restaurants on resort I think.
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 11:18 PM   #12842
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post
As if some vaxxed lunatic didnt run over 3-4 convoy protesters a few days go... maybe your next argument will be children have resilient bones and a cars undercarriage/oil pan would be high enough to pass over a small skull then crush it like a melon.

When the Queen calls, there's a very thin line between police and tyrants.
This country is so desperate that it blows people up with IEDs (improvised explosive devices) dug into the ground and plots smear campaigns.
The Gustafsen Lake standoff
https://youtu.be/PynWtpqgyJ8
https://youtu.be/rjoqaFg5ZjY

Remember what happened to the guys who purposely released tainted AIDS blood in Canadian medicine? Nothing happened... they do what they want here. Youre at the mercy of the elite.

I read a guys tweet claiming a PhD in molecular biology.
He says, no doubt this is an engineered biological weapon and not natural. Statistically improbably to have four segments that map to a completely different virus (HIV) with 100% conservation.

You dont have look in to it but atleast realize youve put a spike protein into your blood and organs in which a similar vaccine that was created, detects HIV antibodies.
Australian vaccine abandoned over false HIV response
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-55269381
This was actually really interesting! Never knew about the Lake incident, and here I thought the crackhead terrorist brainwashing plot the RCMP concocted was the only major incident they tried to pull in bc
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 06:33 AM   #12843

I think police operating undercover at rallies and protests goes both ways, in all countries, regardless of left/right, black/white, anti-vax/vax, libs/cons, ... nothing new here.
Old 02-08-2022, 07:04 AM   #12844
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,823 Times in 2,507 Posts
i'm suggesting he reconsider and y'all are out here eyeing his mazdaspeed like

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 07:47 AM   #12845

Lol, well at least it'd go to a good home
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

Old 02-08-2022, 10:05 AM   #12846

Thanked 1,755 Times in 544 Posts
Insane driver

ilovebacon is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-08-2022, 10:21 AM   #12847
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
^^ For those of you who aren't sure about watching the video, jump to 4:00 and watch for about 10 seconds for one of the most moments
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-08-2022, 10:26 AM   #12848

Reminds me of the old Getaway in Stockholm videos: Warsaw edition.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

Old 02-08-2022, 11:45 AM   #12849
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,926 Times in 3,878 Posts
What a cunt.

Some of that was NFSU2 shit.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 05:44 PM   #12850

^^ That is some STUPID shit .. surprised he didn't eat concrete barrier.