REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-19-2022, 01:38 PM   #12726
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,530 Times in 1,518 Posts
Boss is looking for a GPS tracker for a trailer. It'll be towed with a pickup truck which has the usual OnStar stuff, so we're not too concerned about the truck, but more so about the trailer and its goods. Must be battery powered and app/website supported. Any recommendations?
Advertisement
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 01:45 PM   #12727
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,316 Times in 5,636 Posts
Apple air tags
Old 01-19-2022, 02:31 PM   #12728
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,182 Times in 478 Posts
^ air tag is a good option

SSM_DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 03:07 PM   #12729
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,904 Times in 3,867 Posts
Can anyone recommend any wedding photographers and DJ/MCs for a wedding in the south Burnaby area?
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 04:27 PM   #12730

Thanked 4,530 Times in 1,518 Posts
Airtags unfortunately don't work in buttfuck nowhere Saskatchewan. Airtags require another iPhone to be around for it to ping.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-19-2022, 06:55 PM   #12731

An old iPhone/Android with a cheap SIM and Find My Phone enabled?
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Quote:
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Old 01-22-2022, 08:48 AM   #12732
I subscribe to Revscene

Better stockup... 40% of US truckers and 1/5 Canadian ones wont be crossing the boarder because of new vaccine mandates.

Quote:
A convoy of truckers are on their way from B.C. to Ottawa to protest the federal government's mandate for cross-border truck drivers. Until January 15th, truck drivers were exempt from the border requirement to be fully vaccinated to come into Canada from the U.S. The U.S. government has stated it too will soon bring in a similar mandate for its drivers. The mandate will send drivers back at the border if they are not fully vaccinated and could have repercussions to an already challenged supply chain on both sides of the border. We welcome Mike Millian, president of the Private Motor Truck Council of Canada, to provide some context around this important issue.

Trucking, Supply Chains, and Vaccine Mandates
youtube.com/watch?v=-LlDGV1JtA8
Even truck drivers dont want to partake in cell gene therapy

Also apparently only children are at risk of spike protein prions... I guess they didnt factor in how adults are also susceptible to prions like mad cow disease.
"Vaccines" for Children : Risk of Parkinsons : MIT Scientist
https://www.bitchute.com/video/q9ZhUYIdiUB7/
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-22-2022, 08:57 AM   #12733
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,733 Times in 696 Posts
I don't get why we want to force truckers to get vaccinated? they literally sit in a box and barely interact with anyone.

I'm pro vaccine, but why are we forcing this on these people that can mess up our supply chain?
PeanutButter is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-22-2022, 09:17 AM   #12734
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeanutButter View Post
I don't get why we want to force truckers to get vaccinated? they literally sit in a box and barely interact with anyone.

I'm pro vaccine, but why are we forcing this on these people that can mess up our supply chain?

Papa Bastardo is a cross-border trucker. Drives from Surrey to Seattle every day and back.

Interacts with the US CBP, drives down to Seattle with a breakfast stop on the way where he interacts with folks, then arrives in Seattle where he interacts with the recipient firm. He then turns around and drives home with a lunch and possible gas stop on the way to be home for dinner after interacting with CBSA.

Then he interacts with a ton of folks in his regular life including people down at the raceway and stuff.

The folks he interact with interact with a lot of other folks too, especially in trucker circles.

I get your logic but just one person can infect a lot of folks
She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-22-2022, 10:07 AM   #12735

Thanked 2,733 Times in 696 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bastardo View Post
Papa Bastardo is a cross-border trucker. Drives from Surrey to Seattle every day and back.

Interacts with the US CBP, drives down to Seattle with a breakfast stop on the way where he interacts with folks, then arrives in Seattle where he interacts with the recipient firm. He then turns around and drives home with a lunch and possible gas stop on the way to be home for dinner after interacting with CBSA.

Then he interacts with a ton of folks in his regular life including people down at the raceway and stuff.

The folks he interact with interact with a lot of other folks too, especially in trucker circles.

I get your logic but just one person can infect a lot of folks
Ok, that's fair.

Do you know if a lot of his colleagues will not get vaccinated? Is not getting vaccinated worth losing their job?

I know of one person close to me that quit her job because she didn't want to get vaccinated. She's 55ish, ~$80k/year, pension, full benefits, six weeks vacation, and she said, not worth it and quit.

I suspect she's not hurting for money, but that's a lot to give up for a jab.
PeanutButter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 10:32 AM   #12736
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 3,973 Times in 1,896 Posts
^ I was going to respectfully disagree. What El Bastardo described of papa is insightful but the social circles outside of work shouldn't factor in a mandate ... that's common to everyone. It's the people that someone comes into contact with at work (eg. healthcare, teachers, etc.) From his description, it appears that you can count on one hand whom a driver interacts with in one day ... and presumably most of it is outdoors so a mask mandate should be enough and SD. If you weigh the mandate for vaccine for truck drivers vs. the inconvenience of logistics ... I wouldn't pick my battle with truck drivers. Afterall, these drivers could be bringing in hospital PPE's, masks, and you know other important things like food.

Last edited by whitev70r; 01-22-2022 at 10:43 AM.
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 10:35 AM   #12737
Media Officer / MOD

Thanked 5,751 Times in 1,724 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
Can anyone recommend any wedding photographers and DJ/MCs for a wedding in the south Burnaby area?
https://www.lovefrankly.com

Matt Kwok, known here as an old timer on RS.
Quick link to personal reviews -> Website YouTube
Official Revscene Instagram Coordinator
!Aznboi128 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-22-2022, 01:58 PM   #12738

Only 15% of truckers aren't vaccinated, that might cause some mild annoyances but it's not gonna cause some massive disruption.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-23-2022, 08:13 AM   #12739
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeanutButter View Post
Ok, that's fair.

Do you know if a lot of his colleagues will not get vaccinated? Is not getting vaccinated worth losing their job?

I know of one person close to me that quit her job because she didn't want to get vaccinated. She's 55ish, ~$80k/year, pension, full benefits, six weeks vacation, and she said, not worth it and quit.

I suspect she's not hurting for money, but that's a lot to give up for a jab.
I don't know if some of his colleagues will lose their jobs but he describes this as one of the easiest, most straight-forward routes he's ever had. No sleeping in his rig at Tsawwassen/Duke Point during island runs, no having to twist through the Coquihalla on the way to the interior, and no having to deal with tight streets in East Van or Chinatown.
I'd expect him getting to relax on this job moreso than other points in his career is a big incentive to get the jab. Other guys he knows, I can't speak for.

Where I live you see a lot of smoothbrain logic having folks walking out on, or getting fired from lucrative jobs over vaccine stances. Similar to your story, they'll sacrifice good money because they think the vaccine is nanobots/unholy/population control/whatever.

I work for a local government and while the vaccine is encouraged, its not required. This means we sometimes have entire groups of people out due to a positive diagnosis on their floor. One person not getting the vax and then catching the virus is a net drain on productivity for the people around them and the people they interact with. And they don't even interact with many other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
If you weigh the mandate for vaccine for truck drivers vs. the inconvenience of logistics ... I wouldn't pick my battle with truck drivers. Afterall, these drivers could be bringing in hospital PPE's, masks, and you know other important things like food.

I agree with this logic and how it is presented. Its time to be realistic about what its going to take to keep us running. As much as I hate saying it because there is a real human cost there, the alternative is worse
She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 12:17 PM   #12740

Thanked 7,382 Times in 3,464 Posts
This trucker protest is run by Tamara Lich a wexit/maverick/yellow vest supporter. She has raised around 2 mill so far. it's just a big grift. most truckers do not support the protest.

https://cantruck.ca/canadian-truckin...rder-protests/

Quote:
The vast majority of the Canadian trucking industry is vaccinated with the overall industry vaccination rate among truck drivers closely mirroring that of the general public. Accordingly, most of our nation’s hard-working truck drivers are continuing to move cross-border and domestic freight to ensure our economy continues to function.

The Canadian Trucking Alliance (CTA) does not support and strongly disapproves of any protests on public roadways, highways, and bridges. CTA believes such actions – especially those that interfere with public safety – are not how disagreements with government policies should be expressed. Members of the trucking industry who want to publicly express displeasure over government policies can choose to hold an organized, lawful event on Parliament Hill or contact their local MP. What is not acceptable is disrupting the motoring public on highways and commerce at the border.

“The Government of Canada and the United States have now made being vaccinated a requirement to cross the border. This regulation is not changing so, as an industry, we must adapt and comply with this mandate,” said CTA president Stephen Laskowski. “The only way to cross the border, in a commercial truck or any other vehicle, is to get vaccinated.”
https://www.trucknews.com/blogs/the-...at-drive-them/

In other news.

Old 01-23-2022, 12:51 PM   #12741
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,316 Times in 5,636 Posts
There’s no fucking way in hell that POS was doing 200km/h unless the guy had been building speed for 10 minutes

There’s some stretches up the hope Princeton I’ve floored our G37 for like 10-15 seconds I can barely touch 180 with an engine 3 times the size
Old 01-23-2022, 12:57 PM   #12742

Thanked 1,393 Times in 549 Posts
Ahaha, I want to see the dash cam video from this base model protege doing over 200km.
Teriyaki is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-23-2022, 01:15 PM   #12743
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,193 Times in 1,017 Posts
I don't believe that that Protege can do 200. Those abby cops probably rounding shit up to get all the clicks.
EvoFire is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-23-2022, 02:01 PM   #12744
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
In a video game, in my stupid teens, I took a similar era Nissan Sentra over those speeds. In a video game.

I'm guessing this was heading west on Hwy1 from Chilliwack to be able to hit over 200 before the the Sumas exit. To do this going east through Abby would be too much of a curve at the Clearbrook exit for this car to handle.
Old 01-23-2022, 02:11 PM   #12745

A 5th gen Prelude can get over 200 with a 2.2L so it might be doable. Either way the motor wasn't happy about whatever the speed was lol.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-23-2022, 02:38 PM   #12746
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bastardo View Post

Where I live you see a lot of smoothbrain logic having folks walking out on, or getting fired from lucrative jobs over vaccine stances. Similar to your story, they'll sacrifice good money because they think the vaccine is nanobots/unholy/population control/whatever.
They knew in the 90's that USA's social security cost will outpace tax revenues. Weve also reached a point in infrastructure where there are too many mouths to feed for the low labour needed keeping a profitable empire.

This is also the age of anti intellectualism, the word science has lost all meaning and only what the states ministry of propaganda dictates.

Aside from obvious controlled opposition that spew flat earth 5G mind control diversions, some of it actually fool the low IQ from getting the death jab. It should also be noted that even mainstream media has reported the high IQ percentage of the population has the most Covid vaccine hesitancy.

You dont have to be a globalist elite to understand that all of this isnt for safety or keeping people alive.
Hospitals are death portals now if you have an old person that needs care where covid staff and covid patients are all bundled up together in worthless paper masks. This is the dumbest thing Ive heard yet.

Webster Tarpley Exposes John Holdren's Depopulation Agenda
https://www.bitchute.com/video/PtHKww2r7Wat/
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 03:27 PM   #12747
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
I took my gt celica up to 214 +/- (on the speedo) where the fuel cutoff hit, that was like 20 years ago, driving down to cali
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 04:56 PM   #12748
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,496 Times in 4,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
I took my gt celica up to 214 +/- (on the speedo) where the fuel cutoff hit, that was like 20 years ago, driving down to cali
I hope the California Highway Patrol doesn't read this forum.
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-24-2022, 09:47 AM   #12749

Thanked 6,689 Times in 1,624 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post
This is also the age of anti intellectualism, the word science has lost all meaning and only what the states ministry of propaganda dictates.

Webster Tarpley Exposes John Holdren's Depopulation Agenda
If this isn't irony I have no idea what is.

Oh, wait I know - it's stupidity!
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-24-2022, 07:02 PM   #12750
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 3,973 Times in 1,896 Posts
Not sure what to make of this ... my first rxn was, 'really? ... is it really on the same level as the N word?'

Woman asked to leave Richmond store for use of Cantonese ‘slur’

Synopsis:
A woman was asked to leave a Shaw store in Richmond Centre after an employee claimed she used a Cantonese term that some consider a slur, describing a white person as “ghost man” or “foreign devil.”

In late November, Eugene Ho accompanied his girlfriend's mother to the store to get a new mobile number. An employee, whom Ho described as white, asked them if they remembered who helped them the last time.

Ho's girlfriend's mother replied in Cantonese: "I think it's a ‘g----o.’”

The staff person went to talk to the store manager, who was Asian, and then came back to tell them his girlfriend’s mother had to leave the store for using this word, said Ho, with staff claiming it was "equivalent to the N-word based on his understanding."
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by: