REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-05-2022, 06:51 PM   #12676
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,393 Times in 549 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackV62K2 View Post
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/cana...from-maskless/

Lol put a bunch of douche "influencers" on plane and this happens. Gotta do it for the gram right?
To be fair, they were on a chartered Sunwing flight (the legroom on them is criminal but I digress). It's that quasi grey area between flying commercial and flying private. No doubt they went way overboard with the partying, and the flight attendants are not paid nearly enough to give babysit and police these complete idiots. Hell, actual babysitters probably get paid more than the poor flight attendants that had to be on this flight.

Hearing that other Canadian airlines have refused to fly them. Be real funny if they get added to the US no-fly list as well. Consequences.
Advertisement
Teriyaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 06:53 PM   #12677
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 3,965 Times in 1,894 Posts
What happened to the World Junior team on Westjet (Russian team?) that were acting like a bunch of 17 year olds? I recall they were taken off the flight by RCMP officers.
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 07:00 PM   #12678
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
Russia and the Czech got into some scuffle on the plane, but all the other European teams were backing up the Czech that the Russians started shit.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 07:01 PM   #12679
Say! Say! Say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teriyaki View Post
To be fair, they were on a chartered Sunwing flight (the legroom on them is criminal but I digress). It's that quasi grey area between flying commercial and flying private. No doubt they went way overboard with the partying, and the flight attendants are not paid nearly enough to give babysit and police these complete idiots. Hell, actual babysitters probably get paid more than the poor flight attendants that had to be on this flight.

Hearing that other Canadian airlines have refused to fly them. Be real funny if they get added to the US no-fly list as well. Consequences.
Reminds me of the infamous WWE flight.

https://www.si.com/wrestling/2021/09...de-of-the-ring

Was a good episode to watch too.
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Old 01-05-2022, 07:07 PM   #12680
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,689 Times in 1,624 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teriyaki View Post

It's much funnier that it's not only Canadian airlines are refusing to fly them, but they're refusing to fly them home. I hope they have to walk, entitled pricks.

Edit: their hurt may be significant - transport Canada investigating.
https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/three-ca...xico-1.5728981
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 07:12 PM   #12681
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,132 Times in 7,145 Posts
How many of these fuckin 20 something year old babies are crying to their parents that paid their way there to find a way to get them out of it.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 07:25 PM   #12682

Welp ... they certainly are getting noticed on SM now! Hope they have to fly home on a rickity old plane .. flown by drug traffickers.
Old 01-05-2022, 07:27 PM   #12683
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Make them find their way home through the rough parts of Mexico. If only they didn't film themselves doing dumb shit they might have gotten away with it
BlackV62K2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 08:12 PM   #12684

Thanked 6,689 Times in 1,624 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
How many of these fuckin 20 something year old babies are crying to their parents that paid their way there to find a way to get them out of it.
Apparently there are like 150 of them stranded in Mexico.

inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-05-2022, 08:21 PM   #12685

Similar theme but while we're on 'Social media influencers' ... does anyone else think that they are one of the most useless profession/work in our society? Even a custodian or sanitation engineer who picks up my garbage/recycling is doing something useful!
Old 01-05-2022, 08:29 PM   #12686
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,169 Times in 1,551 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
Even a custodian or sanitation engineer who picks up my garbage/recycling is doing something useful!
The people that handle waste management are up near the top of the essential workers rankings. Their importance was very apparent during the holidays where bins of garbage and recycling piled-up, and overflowed.
Old 01-05-2022, 08:30 PM   #12687

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
Quote:
Similar theme but while we're on 'Social media influencers' ... does anyone else think that they are one of the most useless profession/work in our society? Even a custodian or sanitation engineer who picks up my garbage/recycling is doing something useful!
I think the worst ones are the foodie ones. Seen young girls in their 20's constantly flexing new restaurants and all that shit they eat. Some literally are so fat already (I'm saying to myself, these people need to stop eating). Can't imagine what they'll look like in say 10 years.
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-06-2022, 12:21 PM   #12688
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro7r View Post
Can't imagine what they'll look like in say 10 years.

They'll still be chasing fame.
She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-06-2022, 01:56 PM   #12689
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,383 Times in 5,083 Posts
The sad thing is there’s no way any of those influencers actually eat the food… they just order it and photograph it and take a couple bites for their story and then toss the rest.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 01:59 PM   #12690
in the butt

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,180 Posts
Quote:
does anyone else think that they are one of the most useless profession/work in our society?
Influencers are the 19th century bible thumpers, building someone else a fortune in hopes of getting a glimmer for them selves

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?

Originally Posted by Badhobz
I saw some bimbo live streaming her coffee order while standing in line. I wanted to slap the phone out of her hand and throw her into the bean grinder
donk. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 02:37 PM   #12691
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
well if they got there via private chartered plane maybe they can get back the same way...just that it'll be out of pocket and prob cost them an arm & leg.

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 10:06 AM   #12692
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,984 Times in 1,689 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
The sad thing is there’s no way any of those influencers actually eat the food… they just order it and photograph it and take a couple bites for their story and then toss the rest.
What about those Mukbang videos where the whole video is just of them eating...

Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 06:23 PM   #12693
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Gas price 1.769

Has to be the highest I've ever seen it. New record?

Wtf happened?
nismodrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 10:52 PM   #12694
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,984 Times in 1,689 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nismodrifter View Post
Gas price 1.769

Has to be the highest I've ever seen it. New record?

Wtf happened?
wtf. Is that 87 or 93?
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 10:55 PM   #12695
Say! Say! Say!

https://globalnews.ca/news/8491469/m...-price-record/

Must be 87
Old 01-08-2022, 12:17 AM   #12696

Thanked 4,529 Times in 1,518 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
wtf. Is that 87 or 93?
91 is 199.9 lmao I regret hitting boost on my way home

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 02:00 AM   #12697
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
We're always the highest in North America

But now we're trying to give Hong Kong and Nordic countries a run for highest in the world
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 11:51 AM   #12698
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,169 Times in 1,551 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
well if they got there via private chartered plane maybe they can get back the same way...just that it'll be out of pocket and prob cost them an arm & leg.
Losing employment, too.

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/sunwing-...home-1.5731519

Quote:
Some of the passengers of the now-infamous Sunwing "party plane" on Dec. 30 will be coming home to unhappy employers or worse, with at least two already fired.

Frédérique Dumas-Joyal is one of them, losing her job of several years at Quebec's financial markets authority, the AMF.

"She was fired," Sylvain Théberge, an AMF spokesperson, said Friday.

Dumas-Joyal was an information officer at the authority. According to her LinkedIn page, she began working there in 2017, and she has also studied law at Laval University.

She also spent some earlier years working in the hotel industry and is a popular figure in the Quebec social media world, with an Instagram page showing nights out, including, this week, exploits in Tulum, Mexico, with the group of fellow influencers and TV stars who flew there on a charter flight.

A picture of Dumas-Joyal circulated showing her wearing a bright red stretchy triangular cloth over her face on the trip, appearing to be underwear, in place of a mask.

She took down her Instagram account between Wednesday and Friday of this week and could not be reached for comment.

Théberge elaborated more on her firing to other media, saying that “the Authority learned with amazement the facts surrounding one of its employees. We dissociate ourselves completely from her actions and deplore the events that have occurred."

Most of the group of roughly 150 remain in Mexico, with Canadian airlines blocking them from buying return flights, saying they are a risk to passenger safety.

Some have contracted COVID-19 and are self-isolating in Mexico, and a small number have managed to return to Quebec.

REAL ESTATE AGENT LOSES HIS JOB
Dumas-Joyal is not the only one to face real-life consequences after videos and photos of the flight were published showing people drinking and partying in the aisles without masks.

Sutton-Quebec confirmed to CTV News on Friday that real estate agent Karl Bernard has been suspended "with no possibility to be reinstated."

The agency's CEO said the company had "no other option but to take immediate action" as soon as it was made aware of the situation.

"The Sutton brand and the professionals behind the brand cannot endorse or be associated with any deviant or dangerous behaviour," CEO Julie Gaucher wrote in a statement.

"It is unfortunate that the lack of judgement and disrespect of one person can put at risk the reputation of a brand... that we have proudly built from scratch for the last 27 years, and tarnish the reputation of our Sutton brokers and our franchisees, which in no way can be associate with this kind of behaviour."

Two of the young women on the trip are also aspiring pilots, frequently posting about their training in Longueuil and Lachute, respectively. Transport Canada says it is looking into whether this week's events could affect their certification.

Several mainstream media personalities were also present, including people who have appeared on two Quebec reality shows, Occupation Double and L'Ile de L'Amour.

A spokesperson for L'Ile de L'Amour, which airs on TVA, said the three women who appeared in Season One and are involved in the Sunwing situation were not scheduled to participate in the upcoming season and the show has no further ties with them.

"The association with all Islanders in Season 1 is completed and ended, including the three ex-Islanders involved in the Sunwing flight," said spokesperson Junior Bombardier.
Old 01-08-2022, 11:58 AM   #12699

^ yah but employment laws tend to favour those who act like arses off hours ... I remember one story where some pretty high up got let go/fired cuz he shouted FHIHP to a live lady TV reporter only to have himself reinstated.

But yah, a bit of public shaming on that group of clowns is good.
Old 01-08-2022, 12:37 PM   #12700
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,733 Times in 696 Posts
does anyone know if the bottle return it depots accept 355ML aluminum cans that are crushed?

We go through a decent amount of cans and i was just wondering if I can crush them as it saves space. I can't find any info on their website.
PeanutButter is offline   Reply With Quote