REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-15-2022, 01:53 PM   #12876
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
What's the item? Could they be using it or installing it wrong?
Advertisement
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 01:53 PM   #12877
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,464 Times in 5,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro7r View Post
Would you guys feel liable or guilty, if you sold a local cash deal item to a buyer, and it turns out not compatible or defective doesn't work. I sold a brand new sealed item, buyer complains it's not working afterwards. Is it my fault? I'm not a store, nor did I mislead the buyer in any way shape or form. Literally a grab and jet deal transaction. He could have tested before buying, which I would been fine with. My perspective is, all private cash sale deals are final sale once we walk away. Now if I said it's new perfectly working and it ends up not, then that's on me, but it's brand new sealed in box, I wouldn't know. Just one of those situations.....
You don't know what he did with it after he opened it or if he swapped yours with one he had that was defective. In this case I don't think you should feel bad, just bad luck for him. If you're really feeling bad you could provide him a receipt at most so he can have help to return it or something similar to that, but that's about it.
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-15-2022, 02:01 PM   #12878
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,198 Times in 2,414 Posts
What's the old adage of buying a used car private sale warranty, 60 feet or 60 seconds?
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-15-2022, 02:40 PM   #12879
Performance Moderator

I’m a big believer in karma, I’ve helped people out post purchase like if something broke on a car right after they bought it and it wasn’t like an abuse item I gave em back a couple hundred… but some stuff it’s gotta be due diligence I think!
Old 02-16-2022, 05:31 AM   #12880
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post
What's the old adage of buying a used car private sale warranty, 60 feet or 60 seconds?

Kingsway dealers won't even offer half that
She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 06:10 AM   #12881
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,814 Times in 1,771 Posts
Quote:
Would you guys feel liable or guilty, if you sold a local cash deal item to a buyer, and it turns out not compatible or defective doesn't work. I sold a brand new sealed item, buyer complains it's not working afterwards. Is it my fault? I'm not a store, nor did I mislead the buyer in any way shape or form. Literally a grab and jet deal transaction. He could have tested before buying, which I would been fine with. My perspective is, all private cash sale deals are final sale once we walk away. Now if I said it's new perfectly working and it ends up not, then that's on me, but it's brand new sealed in box, I wouldn't know. Just one of those situations.....
Regardless if the item was sealed or not, if I'm buying something from a private seller I ask to verify that works (if that means unsealing it, so be it). If he didn't ask you to do that, that's kind of on him. But I agree with 68Style, karma matters. Unless the guy was a total dick, and you could tell that it wasn't broken from abuse by him, I'd probably try to help him out.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions

Last edited by Great68; 02-16-2022 at 06:18 AM.
Great68 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 07:49 AM   #12882
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
thats a risk not buying from a store.

its nobody's issue at point.
Old 02-16-2022, 04:33 PM   #12883
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
Teacher in Louisiana takes a plea deal, she'll have to testify against her husband, & serve 41 years behind bars

Because she and her husband, a sheriffs deputy, raped kids, and fed her students cumcakes

https://meaww.com/teacher-41-years-i...-cakes-to-kids
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 05:21 PM   #12884
Performance Moderator

I mean... wow...

There's guys who think they're pretty bold for asking their wife if they can go out for drinks with some buddies............

...and then there's the dude who says "I want to cum on the cupcakes you feed your students".....

This post thanked by:
Old 02-17-2022, 05:50 PM   #12885
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Scored some Foo Fighters tickets for their stop in Penticton next October. Fingers crossed that covid doesn’t bugger this one up!
Old 02-18-2022, 07:01 AM   #12886
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,019 Times in 1,912 Posts
Looks like your Porsche, Bentley, VW, or Audi might be a bit delayed. Damn ... finders keepers ??!! That's a pretty nice haul.

whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2022, 07:17 AM   #12887

Thanked 31,169 Times in 7,158 Posts
20 911s won’t get delivered and all of a sudden dealer markups will go from 100k to 150k. SuPplY cHaIn IsSUEs diD U sEE thE BOaT
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-19-2022, 11:30 AM   #12888
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

So while bc is adding another.11$ /l. Usa is looking to cut gas taxes.

Biden’s petrol problem: president eyes gas tax cut as pump prices soar

https://www.ft.com/content/5c93a55f-...32870221787136
Rallydrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2022, 12:52 PM   #12889
Performance Moderator

^ BC is adding 1 cent

To make the total 11 cents… it was already 10
This post thanked by:
Old 02-19-2022, 09:17 PM   #12890

Thanked 6,699 Times in 1,626 Posts
^lol, I just know there's a large number of people in BC foaming at the mouth because they didn't bother actually reading an article and instead just saw "11 CENTS MOARRR!!!"
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-21-2022, 02:32 PM   #12891

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
I've never been ID in my entire life shopping at the liquor store. Today first I went with Fiance to liquor store to pick up some wine, they asked for our ID. My Fiance didn't bring her wallet with her today (no ID), so I told them she's helping me carry the wine and that I'm the one buying. They insisted that's the rule, both need to show ID.

Then I said what difference does it make that if both of us leave the store, I come back in myself, and buy those exact bottles myself alone. They said they still wouldn't sell to me because there is presumption I'm buying for someone underage.

I literally bitched at the manager, fucking idiot. It makes no difference I leave the store, come back an hour later "ALONE" and buy those wine myself. I asked how I can purchase the wine, he told me I need to leave and go shopping, then come back. Like WTF? I ripped him and called this is bullshit, then he told me to leave LOL. I'm wearing a fucking mask, how can anyone tell that ID is that person truly. It's literally stupid.

I got pretty pissed as it's wasting my fucking time. Never shopping at Everything Wine again. Taking my business elsewhere.

Last edited by Euro7r; 02-21-2022 at 02:51 PM.
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2022, 04:46 PM   #12892
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,171 Times in 1,552 Posts
^^^
It's been like that everywhere, forever. My wife stays in the car if she didn't bring her purse (containing ID).
Old 02-21-2022, 06:03 PM   #12893

Thanked 31,169 Times in 7,158 Posts
They didn't want to risk a 10k fine to sell you some wine. Sounds reasonable enough.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-21-2022, 06:23 PM   #12894
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
Quote:
I've never been ID in my entire life shopping at the liquor store. Today first I went with Fiance to liquor store to pick up some wine, they asked for our ID. My Fiance didn't bring her wallet with her today (no ID), so I told them she's helping me carry the wine and that I'm the one buying. They insisted that's the rule, both need to show ID.

Then I said what difference does it make that if both of us leave the store, I come back in myself, and buy those exact bottles myself alone. They said they still wouldn't sell to me because there is presumption I'm buying for someone underage.

I literally bitched at the manager, fucking idiot. It makes no difference I leave the store, come back an hour later "ALONE" and buy those wine myself. I asked how I can purchase the wine, he told me I need to leave and go shopping, then come back. Like WTF? I ripped him and called this is bullshit, then he told me to leave LOL. I'm wearing a fucking mask, how can anyone tell that ID is that person truly. It's literally stupid.

I got pretty pissed as it's wasting my fucking time. Never shopping at Everything Wine again. Taking my business elsewhere.
The guy is just following the rules and trying to do his job, same with the manager. The kids who ask the adult to buy them alcohol or smokes always stay outside the store and don't accompany them in for a reason.
Old 02-21-2022, 06:34 PM   #12895
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,514 Times in 4,312 Posts
By chance is your name Karen?
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-21-2022, 06:35 PM   #12896

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOS'd View Post
The guy is just following the rules and trying to do his job, same with the manager. The kids who ask the adult to buy them alcohol or smokes always stay outside the store and don't accompany them in for a reason.
It's bullshit because 3 different employees tried to help us when we were browsing the store, even the manager himself. Then when we got to cashier it was ID rule in place. If we didn't look of age, then why even start offering service to us to get sales?

The stupid part was the cashier said once we buy more than one bottle of wine, we ask for ID (we had 4 bottles). So if we had one, that's okay you don't ask for ID? None of their words align as well, the supervisor came over and he said in theory I could walk out, and come back in alone to buy these if I wanted. Manager then says ID or no alcohol.

You're right, the underaged or shady person stays outside the store waiting and not go in (if they aren't of age). So why would I bring my fiance into the store if she's not of age. We've come to age where need ID this and that, it's rather annoying when you can't even go out without ID.
Old 02-21-2022, 06:36 PM   #12897

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
By chance is your name Karen?
Karen's have lawyer friends. I don't have lawyer friends to sue
Old 02-21-2022, 07:22 PM   #12898
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
Quote:
It's bullshit because 3 different employees tried to help us when we were browsing the store, even the manager himself. Then when we got to cashier it was ID rule in place. If we didn't look of age, then why even start offering service to us to get sales?

The stupid part was the cashier said once we buy more than one bottle of wine, we ask for ID (we had 4 bottles). So if we had one, that's okay you don't ask for ID? None of their words align as well, the supervisor came over and he said in theory I could walk out, and come back in alone to buy these if I wanted. Manager then says ID or no alcohol.

You're right, the underaged or shady person stays outside the store waiting and not go in (if they aren't of age). So why would I bring my fiance into the store if she's not of age. We've come to age where need ID this and that, it's rather annoying when you can't even go out without ID.
They helped you because they hadn't ask for ID yet, which doesn't happen until you get to the cashier.

What the cashier is saying is maybe their general rule/personal rule for when to ask for ID, they have the right to ask for ID no matter how few or many bottles you buy.

We don't know the age of your fiance, so maybe provide some proof here?

It sounds like you should start a protest about removing IDing when purchasing alcohol. Ottawa is a good place to start for that.
Old 02-21-2022, 07:56 PM   #12899
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,857 Times in 891 Posts
The solution here is to post a pic of Fiance. Let RS judge.
bobbinka is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-21-2022, 11:52 PM   #12900
Performance Moderator

Can't rip on a store for following the provincial rules... if you think it's stupid rip on the BC Liquor Board not the store... they don't know if you're a secret shopper or a test case from the liquor board trying to catch them.

Take a chill pill.
This post thanked by: