REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   OFFICIAL WORKOUT/TRAINING THREAD v2.0 (https://www.revscene.net/forums/659190-official-workout-training-thread-v2-0-a.html)

hal0g0dv2 03-26-2018 06:51 AM

been incorporating reverse band bench and deads lately and been loving it

dapperfied 04-02-2018 09:37 AM

Nike Flyknit good for the lifts?

SkinnyPupp 04-02-2018 03:42 PM

I prefer Vibram Five Toes with Lululumon size XXS

hal0g0dv2 04-02-2018 04:19 PM

whatever shoes is comfy for you man

SkinnyPupp 04-02-2018 04:24 PM

Cut starts today!

Starting at 209.2 lbs. When I finished my last cut in December, I was 193.4

When I started THAT cut in October, I was 201.6

So I gained 8 lbs since my last cut. Definitely gained more fat than I wanted (I can tell based on other measurements that are up since that cut started), but it'll be gone in a few weeks.

This is where I switch from a 4 day Bro-Split to 4 days Total Body Training. Push, Pull, Legs, Abs each day, followed by HIIT training. Starting low with 10 mins HIIT, adding a few minutes to it every week. Once cardio is improved, I'll start doing 20-30 mins of fasted LISS cardio each morning

My last 2 cuts I planned on a long 12 week plan, but both times I bailed out at 8 weeks. Maybe the diet is too extreme, but that's what it takes to get anywhere for me. This time I am planning on going hard for 6 weeks then maintaining from there over the summer.

I miss the feeling of being light and powerful.. Springy... Right now I just feel big and heavy and sore. I can tell my body wants to change things up (probably a month ago)

Goal is to lose about 10 lbs

SkinnyPupp 04-02-2018 04:42 PM

My diet plan:

Intermittent Fasting (first meal is my post workout shake which consists of 40g protein 50g oats and an egg)

Average daily calories: 2200 (800 cal deficit from TDEE)

Non workout days are recovery days, meaning a bit higher calories that day, more carbs. Workout days are lower. There's not much strategy in this, it's mostly because it's easier to eat less when I am busy at the gym.

Saturday is the highest calorie day, usually have some sort of cheat meal like pizza or some ice cream for dessert. As long as I hit my weekly average of 2200 cals, I am good. Having a big deficit gives some leeway.

I find this diet pretty easy to follow, 800 cals is pretty extreme but it's doable for 2 months at which point my body is ready to start eating again. This time I am going for 6-7 weeks so I can ramp back into maintenance.

Last time my cut ended right before xmas, and there was a LOT of holiday eating. Like more than ever in my life LUL

That was interesting to find out how my body reacted to just going HAM for a few weeks after a cut. I also got hit with a severe bout of depression at that time, so eating really helped.

I basically had to relearn everything since starting TRT. I can get away with a lot more in some ways, but I can also have much higher goals if that makes sense.

I can't wait to see how I look leaned out with this extra lean mass I put on PogChamp I feel like my arms grew noticeably after switching to GVT 10x10, especially with 2 back days a week (lots of pulling movements means lots of secondary bicep work)

dapperfied 04-02-2018 07:07 PM

Resumed working out yesterday.

Keeping the diet simple, no carbs/starches, no alcohol. Pretty much paleo-ish.

Fuck the vacation and holidays got me fat.

GabAlmighty 04-09-2018 02:36 PM

Benched 3 plates this weekend for a couple reps. I've always done dumbbells because i'm usually working out solo. Wanted to see where I was at.

dapperfied 04-09-2018 02:39 PM

FIRST WEEK WAS A STRUGGLE

FUCK I'M SORE

okbye.

SkinnyPupp 04-09-2018 04:33 PM

1 week into cut, down 5 lbs and lost 1" off my waist already PogChamp

If only lean weight gain was as easy as weight loss

I like weekly measurements because there's always movement, especially in the first couple weeks, which is motivating. I'll pick up the cardio a bit today

SkinnyPupp 04-24-2018 01:40 AM

I'm a sad kent today bros... After all those months of rehabing my back and going easy on it, it just popped again on me today during light squats.

Looks like I just need to accept that I'll never be able to train lower body strength. It'll be leg press and smith machine for me 4lyfe FeelsBadMan

In other news I'm down to 201 from 209. starting week 4 now. Top 4 abs have come back FeelsGoodMan They looking chunky too because I did quite a bit of ab work during this bulk. Just couldn't tell until now 4Head

320icar 04-24-2018 09:39 AM

Bad back crew checking in :(

dapperfied 04-24-2018 10:08 AM

How do i get rid of my wrist support smell. Fuck it's stanksss

Sid Vicious 04-24-2018 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 8899732)
I'm a sad kent today bros... After all those months of rehabing my back and going easy on it, it just popped again on me today during light squats.

Looks like I just need to accept that I'll never be able to train lower body strength. It'll be leg press and smith machine for me 4lyfe FeelsBadMan

In other news I'm down to 201 from 209. starting week 4 now. Top 4 abs have come back FeelsGoodMan They looking chunky too because I did quite a bit of ab work during this bulk. Just couldn't tell until now 4Head

Quote:

Originally Posted by 320icar (Post 8899763)
Bad back crew checking in :(

check out Stuart McGill's work, particularly the gift of injury

Quote:

Originally Posted by dapperfied (Post 8899772)
How do i get rid of my wrist support smell. Fuck it's stanksss

by...washing them?

dapperfied 04-24-2018 11:15 AM

First thing I did, still smells.

heisenberg 04-24-2018 05:15 PM

freeze them, might kill the odor causing bacteria. but could just be the rubber compound in them that smells

SkinnyPupp 04-24-2018 05:20 PM

Get stronger wrists LUL

dapperfied 04-25-2018 12:38 PM

Must. Fap. More. :megusta:

blkgsr 04-26-2018 06:23 PM

try washing them with some vinegar mixed in

my wife started doing it with out workout gear, makes a difference

subordinate 04-28-2018 09:54 PM

Any one with rotator cuff issues have any exercises/stretches that they really love?

Can't find one that really jives. Definitely will go to a physio when I can arrange one/time.

Fcukedd 05-12-2018 08:37 AM

When you gain 45 pounds in 7 weeks after your competition (30 pounds first 7 days). And I used to think I was a "hard gainer" :lawl:

rsx10 06-19-2018 03:05 PM

Would you recommend? I do a lot of cardio then free weights (70 - 30) i would say.

https://www.sportchek.ca/categories/...%5Bcolor%5D=01

SkinnyPupp 06-19-2018 06:46 PM

Left SI joint is feeling better, but now my right hip/glute/hamstring is really painful, especially after sitting for a while. I literally can't do calf raises on my right leg, and the bottom of my right foot is numb

Rolling it seems to be slowly bringing it back. I think I need a new chair or something

SkinnyPupp 07-12-2018 01:52 AM

Turns out I have sciatica. Not sure if it's from a bulged disc, or an inflamed piriformis. I'm working on both to try to get rid of the pain and numbness.

I've gone from needing ibuprofen all the time, to just 400mg in the morning

instantneedles 07-15-2018 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 8910716)
Turns out I have sciatica. Not sure if it's from a bulged disc, or an inflamed piriformis. I'm working on both to try to get rid of the pain and numbness.

I've gone from needing ibuprofen all the time, to just 400mg in the morning

strip the weight and hit the core hard brah