REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   OFFICIAL WORKOUT/TRAINING THREAD v2.0 (https://www.revscene.net/forums/659190-official-workout-training-thread-v2-0-a.html)

Nlkko 10-17-2016 11:32 PM

Man you're strong as fuck. I'm also 160. :okay:

BinsentoW 10-18-2016 12:21 AM

Good job!
I was at the meet in the same category.
Disappointing first meet for me, though :(

Peturbo 10-18-2016 05:37 PM

^First meet is all about feel. There's always more in the future! always room for improvement

alwayslive 10-19-2016 09:05 AM

Any oly lifters at BCIT? I want to improve my clean/learn basics of snatches but no time and funds (bcit life) to go to an oly gym. :alone:

Vancouver240sx 10-19-2016 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alwayslive (Post 8796141)
Any oly lifters at BCIT? I want to improve my clean/learn basics of snatches but no time and funds (bcit life) to go to an oly gym. :alone:

Here are a list of clubs in Vancouver, not sure if that helps with the funds part though..

https://www.bcweightlifting.ca/clubs/

Rich

alwayslive 10-19-2016 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vancouver240sx (Post 8796168)
Here are a list of clubs in Vancouver, not sure if that helps with the funds part though..

https://www.bcweightlifting.ca/clubs/

Rich

Do you know the general pricing of the clubs?

Vancouver240sx 10-19-2016 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alwayslive (Post 8796170)
Do you know the general pricing of the clubs?

Most clubs are a bit secretive about their pricing and don't publish online. I'd expect somewhere in the range of $100/mo. However, they might do special deals for students or whatever. If you're interested I'd suggest stopping by a gym and asking.

Rich

MelonBoy 10-19-2016 08:20 PM

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJZCcFij...nauyeung&hl=en

Hit my squat goal. No where as beast as you guys doh lol..
Next goal is 425 deadlift

The_Situation 10-19-2016 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelonBoy (Post 8796303)
https://www.instagram.com/p/BJZCcFij...nauyeung&hl=en

Hit my squat goal. No where as beast as you guys doh lol..
Next goal is 425 deadlift

Links instagram video. Privates account.

SkinnyPupp 11-14-2016 01:33 AM

Finished up week 7 of my cut. Down to 192.4 from from 210. IIRC my original goal was 190, so that should be surpassable. Not looking to get ripped, just a nice sustainable leanness that I can hold onto while lean bulking/recomping after xmas. None of my clothes fit anymore, and even my smaller clothes fit weird. I forgot how awkard sizes are, where if you end up with a shirt that fits your shoulders back and arms, it'll be way too loose around the waist. Like a bell... DansGame

I am in the best shape I've ever been in my life! And I'm only 2/3 of the way way through.

Going to kick off week 8 with my FIRST CHEAT DAY~! I have been able to stick to the diet so well for 2 months, I am just going to wreck shit next Sunday. Nothing out of this world, but I just want a day where I'm not counting anything. Also I want some damn cookies. And Ice Cream. And ribs... OMG RIBS.

After that back to the grind - 1600 cals on work days, 1800 on off days, 2200 on the weekend, for 12,200 per week or 1742 cals per day average. Weight is still going down steadily, so I haven't had to adjust this. Intermittent Fasting, I don't care what anyone claims about it being 'extra good' for cutting or bulking, it just makes adherence SO FUCKING EASY. You don't even THINK about eating until the afternoon, and after that you just count calories being careful not to go over. Rest days are harder, which is why I allow the extra snack on those days. Makes it much more manageable.

Will update in a few more weeks.

SkinnyPupp 11-21-2016 04:19 PM

Went HAM on my cheat day PogChamp Pizza, beer, ice cream, cake, sour gummies, pancakes, spaghetti, cherry coke, fried noodles, milk tea, etc. Basically everything I craved in the last 2 months, all in one day. Looks like I've been craving carbs LUL

Should be interesting to see the pump I get in the gym today Kreygasm

Straight back to the diet for 1 more month, maybe 2. Original plan was 12 weeks but I may extend it to 16 depending on how I am progressing. If weight is still consistently dropping I'll just stay on. If it stalls, I'll switch to lean bulk and cut again later next year.

As for the lean bulk plan I am thinking 5/3/1 to build strength at the same time. I'll worry about that next month though.

Sid Vicious 11-25-2016 09:53 AM

5/3/1 sucks for anything other than the deadlift

LC21 11-25-2016 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sid Vicious (Post 8805152)

Sucks as in no gainz?

Berzerker 11-25-2016 12:01 PM

I'm creeping up on 4 plate bench. I hit a 365 single and can rep 315x7. Stay strong brah's

Berz out.

Vancouver240sx 11-25-2016 01:02 PM

Thought I'd share the most recent meet I did, the Big Kilopen in Surrey.

Rich

SkinnyPupp 11-25-2016 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sid Vicious (Post 8805152)

How's that?

From what I've seen it looks like a good way to build strength on the big 4 lifts, while being able to add bodybuilding as well. I want to move on from a pure BB program, but also don't want to go to pure power lifting.

The_Situation 11-28-2016 01:14 PM

Adipowers on sale for 80$ + 15% coupon for signing up

adidas Men's adiPower Weightlifting Shoe - Black | adidas Canada

Sid Vicious 11-28-2016 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 8805265)
How's that?

From what I've seen it looks like a good way to build strength on the big 4 lifts, while being able to add bodybuilding as well. I want to move on from a pure BB program, but also don't want to go to pure power lifting.

not enough volume or frequency for the squats and upper body

the progression and the way its structured is sound, but if you're natural you should be hitting your muscle groups 3x a week plus

SkinnyPupp 12-09-2016 10:02 PM

Bros I'm about to finish up my cut, moving to strength and recomp/lean bulk, figuring out how much of a surplus I can run and how much cardio I need to not gain fat. I still plan on doing 5/3/1 with bodybuilding added to it. It might suck for an "advanced" or "expert" lifter (based on these standards), but I'm "intermediate" at best in terms of strength on lower body lifts.

The issue I have is my deadlift. After decades of sitting or laying down 23.9 hours a day, my hips are REALLY weak. I noticed that after my first "heavy" set, my hips and flexors get really sore, and my lower back gets fatigued (but not painful) and basically the first 1/4 of my deadlift is extremely weak and painful. I can do rack pulls that are +40-50kg heavier than my DL, which tells me that the bottom portion of my DL is really damn weak.

So my question is, how can I work on this, other than of course doing more deadlifts. Are there specific accessory exercises and mobility drills that I should add? What worries me is that my form may be so bad, trying to just keep training this way and adding weight, I'll eventually just fuck myself up somehow.

Today I tried following the cues mentioned in this Alan Thrall video but the cue in that video of 'leaning back' just makes me feel so weak and awkward. What cues do you think are better?

Next week I'll be calculating my 1RM's and from there I'll be moving ahead with the 5/3/1 program. I'll post my progress here, and I hope others start posting progress too! This thread is way too dead FeelsBadMan

LC21 12-10-2016 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 8808746)
Bros I'm about to finish up my cut, moving to strength and recomp/lean bulk, figuring out how much of a surplus I can run and how much cardio I need to not gain fat. I still plan on doing 5/3/1 with bodybuilding added to it. It might suck for an "advanced" or "expert" lifter (based on these standards), but I'm "intermediate" at best in terms of strength on lower body lifts.

The issue I have is my deadlift. After decades of sitting or laying down 23.9 hours a day, my hips are REALLY weak. I noticed that after my first "heavy" set, my hips and flexors get really sore, and my lower back gets fatigued (but not painful) and basically the first 1/4 of my deadlift is extremely weak and painful. I can do rack pulls that are +40-50kg heavier than my DL, which tells me that the bottom portion of my DL is really damn weak.

So my question is, how can I work on this, other than of course doing more deadlifts. Are there specific accessory exercises and mobility drills that I should add? What worries me is that my form may be so bad, trying to just keep training this way and adding weight, I'll eventually just fuck myself up somehow.

Today I tried following the cues mentioned in this Alan Thrall video but the cue in that video of 'leaning back' just makes me feel so weak and awkward. What cues do you think are better?

Next week I'll be calculating my 1RM's and from there I'll be moving ahead with the 5/3/1 program. I'll post my progress here, and I hope others start posting progress too! This thread is way too dead FeelsBadMan

Do more deficit dl's

SkinnyPupp 12-11-2016 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LC21 (Post 8808954)
Do more deficit dl's

With what kind of loads? High rep low weight? Or go to near actual DL numbers?

Sid Vicious 12-12-2016 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 8808746)

take a video directly from the side

SkinnyPupp 12-12-2016 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sid Vicious (Post 8809251)
take a video directly from the side

K I'll do that in a couple weeks on the "1" day of 5/3/1 of this first phase

I added deficit deadlifts to my other leg day, and also some other glute and hip stuff. Hopefully I can strengthen the hips. It's never really been a factor since I was never really going for strength but now my lower body is really lagging so it's time to address it.

Berzerker 12-13-2016 08:43 AM

Hit 375 for a single on Bench. Yay

Berz out.

Mr.Money 12-14-2016 01:50 AM

^ vid?.