REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   OFFICIAL WORKOUT/TRAINING THREAD v2.0 (https://www.revscene.net/forums/659190-official-workout-training-thread-v2-0-a.html)

racerman88 03-17-2020 02:23 PM

SNFW just announced closures as of tonight at 8pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gerbs 03-18-2020 05:07 PM

Trying to recreate PPL in my home gym. I have access to a BB / Squat Rack / Bench and a 17.5 Dumbell lol

BIC_BAWS 03-18-2020 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerbs (Post 8978619)
Trying to recreate PPL in my home gym. I have access to a BB / Squat Rack / Bench and a 17.5 Dumbell lol

Honestly just switch over to 5x5 Stronglifts

SkinnyPupp 03-20-2020 07:37 PM

This guy has been all over band work for years, after being a really good source of info for bodybuilding training.

Time to switch things up, not by choice! LUL

instantneedles 03-21-2020 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berzerker (Post 8977890)
Man I tried this today but my shoulder mobility is a fucking joke. I youtubed a bunch of stuff to work on but it's really bad.

The test they want you to do on the Youtube channel is to lay stomach down on an incline bench and with your thumbs pointing up raise your arms as high as you can. I could look over my arms at the mirror is was so bad. Most people can at least get even with their ears. I have a lot to work on freeing them up.
They made a lot of points I never thought of like opening up your chest to allow rotation. They also said some people are just genetically unable to overhead squat and I honestly feel like I fall in that category. I can't even start a squat with a bar above my head.

No crossfit foe me ever lol

Berz out.

yeah, it definitely requires some progressing to. IMHO, starting off with light kettlebells is great. I do it with an neutral grip, so palms facing your ears so that you shoulders are externally rotated, and not impinged by your acromion.

not that it would matter anymore for the time being lool.

Seriously, not being able to gym for the past few days has made me realize how much I take it for granted. It's only been a few days in and I'm already feeling the gut. FailFish

SkinnyPupp 03-21-2020 08:00 PM

I'm actually glad I'm cutting now, because I can still get an effective workout done on my rooftop without wanting to rely on going heavy, which I can't do anymore.

That 6 week bulk finished right on time! Would have liked to extend it a bit, but I did see some nice muscle memory gainz. Got to get rid of this belly, so a cut is called for anyway.

I plan on doing morning fasted cardio (speed walking) and then do a full body band workout like the video I posted. Will try to do this as many days as I can without overtraining.

Calories down to 2000, which is quite low for 225 lbs but I know how my body works. It also gives me some leeway, knowing I can fit in an extra protein bar at night or whatever, and I will still only be at 2200 cals. Also allows a cheat meal once a week if I want it, and it won't hurt the overall picture much at all. I will avoid that as much as I can.

I've cut successfully before, although never shredded which is fine for me at 40 and married LUL. I will never tell anyone that my was is the "right way" but I will say that it has worked for me so I'll stick to it.

SiRV 03-21-2020 08:15 PM

Wow those bands look legit. I'm getting desperate for a gym. Any places where we can buy these bands (or similar) for cheaper? The amazon ones look super cheapo

mikemhg 03-22-2020 10:39 AM

This is rough, hiking and riding my bike isn't filling the gym void here.

I just can't get into working out at home, tried a few times, and my mind just isn't in it. I need to be at a gym to get that mind body connection.

Even the floor makes a difference, working out on carpet is garbage.

SkinnyPupp 03-22-2020 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikemhg (Post 8979233)
This is rough, hiking and riding my bike isn't filling the gym void here.

I just can't get into working out at home, tried a few times, and my mind just isn't in it. I need to be at a gym to get that mind body connection.

Even the floor makes a difference, working out on carpet is garbage.

100% agree but these are desperate times

OriginalJC 03-22-2020 05:43 PM

I'm actually enjoying working out at home vs in the gym. Zero ego lifting at home :-P

I have a pretty good functional trainer, adjustable bench, and a set of Power Blocks up to 70lbs.
Been having pretty good workouts daily the last two weeks

Gerbs 03-22-2020 11:04 PM

I've been using a squat rack / bench / barbell training in the garage. Lifts have dropped 5% from this new environment. It's alright but I don't know if I can make PRs at home. The barbell seems to be uneven same with the plates.

hotong 03-24-2020 07:56 AM

Went to fitness depot right before the gyms were announcing closure and bought a squat rack barbell and weights to load 315 on the bar.

Right now everywhere is sold out of fitness equipment.

SkinnyPupp 03-24-2020 02:19 PM

BTW if you're thinking of working out with bands, get gloves. Full finger. I will be using MTB gloves.

SkinnyPupp 03-27-2020 12:31 AM

https://i.imgur.com/LgZxztx.jpg

Taking a liking to this training method SeemsGood

Getting a nice tan while I'm at it LUL

Will adjust my plan next week. You can go pretty heavy with these bands, but still I think more volume is called for overall.

BIC_BAWS 03-27-2020 02:18 PM

After two weeks of sitting all day and not gyming, my back and everything else has tightened up to the point of sharp pain when bending forward. Remember to do your stretches!

I gave into the pain and stretched for 30 mins today. Did 60sec squats and shoulder presses. Then 10lb (all i have) shoulder flys, lat raises, curls, pec flys, rows, tricep kickbacks - 3 sets; 21 reps.

FeelsGood

mikemhg 03-28-2020 11:22 AM

I was getting some decent workouts in my backyard with my skip rope and 35lbs kettle bell.

8 different exercises with 1 minute skipping in between. Was actually sore the next day, felt good

Now it's raining again, and I've totally stopped.

Working out on carpet is still no bueno.

Body is definitely getting tight from all the sitting though, even noticing it in my hips too. Fuck.

ilovebacon 03-28-2020 02:13 PM

Are we allow to go outside for a jog during isolation?

ilovebacon 03-28-2020 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikemhg (Post 8980338)
I was getting some decent workouts in my backyard with my skip rope and 35lbs kettle bell.

8 different exercises with 1 minute skipping in between. Was actually sore the next day, felt good

Now it's raining again, and I've totally stopped.

Working out on carpet is still no bueno.

Body is definitely getting tight from all the sitting though, even noticing it in my hips too. Fuck.

Finally, our chin-up bars are coming in handy

mikemhg 03-29-2020 09:44 AM

You can definitely go outside for a run, no problem with that at all.

No pull up bars here at home, so handstand pushups, might hit up a park and do some pull ups though.

Jesus, I was skipping on my patio backyard, and I have some Bob/Karen type neighbors upstairs above me, one of them were sitting on their balcony while I was skipping and he literally went inside his apartment and closed the sliding door.

Jesus Christ, ffs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilovebacon (Post 8980369)
Finally, our chin-up bars are coming in handy

minoru_tanaka 03-29-2020 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racerman88 (Post 8978418)
SNFW just announced closures as of tonight at 8pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems to me they took payments on the 15th, closed down on the 17th, laid everyone off. I thought it was suspicious since they already have my money why do that already?

Now the staff think they're not getting paid the last two weeks of March and they think the place was already in trouble before all of this.
https://globalnews.ca/news/6747869/c...employees-pay/

Spoiler!

instantneedles 03-29-2020 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikemhg (Post 8980461)
You can definitely go outside for a run, no problem with that at all.

No pull up bars here at home, so handstand pushups, might hit up a park and do some pull ups though.

Jesus, I was skipping on my patio backyard, and I have some Bob/Karen type neighbors upstairs above me, one of them were sitting on their balcony while I was skipping and he literally went inside his apartment and closed the sliding door.

Jesus Christ, ffs.

All parks are currently banned apparently. Like the ones I go to are all bound with yellow tape.

However, I've been able to get away with doing pullups on soccer goal posts lol!

Just gotta make sure you wear gloves

ilovebacon 03-29-2020 01:45 PM

Home workout, no equipment needed.

This was difficult. Had to take 3 times more break than this guy did.

wreck 04-03-2020 10:56 AM

that looks intense, may give it a try.

between this and some of AthleanX's home workouts, there's a ton of training to do

blkgsr 04-03-2020 11:07 AM

ya 20 mins of that looks crazy

Vancouver240sx 04-03-2020 12:52 PM

Hey guys,

Earlier this year I opened a CrossFit gym in New West, timing isn't great with the shutdown. However, I've been creating daily workouts for my members and thought I'd share with you guys incase you need something to follow. I know many of you don't like CrossFit, but these are just some home workouts. Hope everyones staying safe and healthy during the shutdown!

Rich