REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   OFFICIAL WORKOUT/TRAINING THREAD v2.0 (https://www.revscene.net/forums/659190-official-workout-training-thread-v2-0-a.html)

SkinnyPupp 04-12-2020 03:59 PM

4 weeks into my Quarantine Cut

Start > Current > (Leanest in 2017)

Weight: 225.6 > 213.8 lbs (193.8)
Glutes: 104.5 > 101.2 cm (96.5)
Waist: 97.8 > 95.5 cm
Belly: 104.8 > 97.5 cm (84.75)
Thigh: 64.2 > 61.9 cm (58.5)

(in regards to leanest, my glutes and thighs will not be that small again as I was able to squat and deadlift before this cut so they'll be bigger overall even when lean)

I am finally noticing some change in my upper chest, shoulders, face, and quads (my quads always get shredded for some reason). Still have a big flappy belly and tits though, so long way to go. This will be more than 8 weeks for sure, maybe 12.

Had my first epic cheat day yesterday, Pancakes, Shake Shack, Cinnabon, and tikis all night. Probably ate/drank about 6000 calories, usually I am around 1900-2200 per day.

instantneedles 04-13-2020 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 8982856)
4 weeks into my Quarantine Cut

Start > Current > (Leanest in 2017)

Weight: 225.6 > 213.8 lbs (193.8)
Glutes: 104.5 > 101.2 cm (96.5)
Waist: 97.8 > 95.5 cm
Belly: 104.8 > 97.5 cm (84.75)
Thigh: 64.2 > 61.9 cm (58.5)

(in regards to leanest, my glutes and thighs will not be that small again as I was able to squat and deadlift before this cut so they'll be bigger overall even when lean)

I am finally noticing some change in my upper chest, shoulders, face, and quads (my quads always get shredded for some reason). Still have a big flappy belly and tits though, so long way to go. This will be more than 8 weeks for sure, maybe 12.

Had my first epic cheat day yesterday, Pancakes, Shake Shack, Cinnabon, and tikis all night. Probably ate/drank about 6000 calories, usually I am around 1900-2200 per day.

good job with the progress man. I'm amazed how you're able to increase your calorie expenditure or deficit in these circumstances without a gym.

I feel like since I've stopped lifting the heavy weights, my calorie expenditure has gone way down. There's almost no way for me to meet that kind of expenditure doing pure cardio.

SkinnyPupp 04-13-2020 04:26 PM

40 mins fasted speed walk in the morning, followed by a training band workout later in the afternoon. ~2000 cals a day. It's pretty simple right now but only because I was so fat to begin with. As I get leaner it's going to get tougher. Speedwalk may have to become a jog WutFace

I do miss lifting heavy, so fucking much. I really don't like lifting high rep, but with bands to be effective you have to do SLOW, high reps. Kinda sucks but it is what it is...

I have noticed that the bands have been shaking less, and I am using more tension.. So I am getting "stronger" in this specific way. It's probably doing great things for stability

BIC_BAWS 04-29-2020 11:20 AM

https://vancouversun.com/news/b-c-s-...box=1588026835

According to City of Vancouver, they don't plan on reopening indoor activities or gyms for at least a year, that kind of puts a damper on things for private gyms as well.

I'm tempted to buy an olympic barbell and (2) 45lb plates so that I can do front squats, overhead presses, deadlifts, and bent over rows. I think I can get away with all that without a rack, but front squats might be a little hard without a rack though.

I came across this video - DIY Squat/Bench rack for $50 USD. It uses wood and concrete in a bucket.

instantneedles 04-29-2020 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIC_BAWS (Post 8984807)

Thanks for sharing!

I honestly think private gyms are going to be the biggest victims out of all of this. If they don't open back up soon, like we're talking weeks, then a lot of these gyms will vanish before us.

6793026 04-29-2020 07:16 PM

holy F

first of all, I'm always SUPER worried about those home made gym esp when you're dealing with heavy weights. I rather buck the trend and find second benches than doing gay ass home made chairs... we all know how those youtube video turns out.

*side note, guess tango + ballet + any latin dancing is game over as its all indoors and close contact. I wonder what other contact sports will handle social distancing.

mikemhg 04-30-2020 11:27 AM

My god that news is depressing, and I figured that would happen.

These home workouts just aren't hitting the same. I have my pull up rings, and kettle bell, but that's all. People are literally selling dumbells for $100 right now, or $3-6 per pound, it's fucking insane.

I've been in the gym 5 days a week consistently for the last 15 years here, losing the gym has been the hardest thing for me.

I'm noticing my muscles slowly start to shrink, not going to lie, it's making me depressed.

Anyone also noticing small niggling issues physically from the lack of gym? I'm noticing slight pain in my neck, my hip, issues I never had when I was consistently going to the gym here. My GF is having the same issue with her neck.

I always scoffed at people who had back and neck problems, knowing those people never actually exercised.

The lack of gym is really showing me how these issues begin to arise if you don't lift, and remain sedentary.

BIC_BAWS 04-30-2020 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikemhg (Post 8984967)
Anyone also noticing small niggling issues physically from the lack of gym? I'm noticing slight pain in my neck, my hip, issues I never had when I was consistently going to the gym here. My GF is having the same issue with her neck.

I always scoffed at people who had back and neck problems, knowing those people never actually exercised.

The lack of gym is really showing me how these issues begin to arise if you don't lift, and remain sedentary.

This happened to me in Week 1/Week 2 of no gym. I got severe back pain and hips being tight af. When I was gyming everyday, I had no pain at all. But sitting around all the time, oh man, my joints and muscles hurt.

Also getting fat af. Can't wait to hop back on keto gains.

mikemhg 04-30-2020 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIC_BAWS (Post 8984995)
This happened to me in Week 1/Week 2 of no gym. I got severe back pain and hips being tight af. When I was gyming everyday, I had no pain at all. But sitting around all the time, oh man, my joints and muscles hurt.

Also getting fat af. Can't wait to hop back on keto gains.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one.

One has to wonder what types of ancillary effects will be caused to people physical health as a result of these elongated quarantine rules.

SkinnyPupp 04-30-2020 02:13 PM

Actually this is the longest I've gone without having lower back pain from trying to deadlift or squat, or shoulder pain from bench press SeemsGood

I am taking this opportunity to rehab those spots without the possibility of setbacks. Because we all know how hard it is to stop doing that shit when we feel no pain, even though deep inside those joints aren't fully healed yet.

I do really miss lifting heavy shit though. Bands are bands, it's not the same at all.

Still losing weight though, under 210 now, from 225. 4 pack definition starting to come through when flexed

ilovebacon 07-21-2020 05:57 PM

Damn these over priced dumbbells! I shouldve saw this coming when covid 19 arrived on march. Seems like everyone is selling it for 2$ or more per pounds

SkinnyPupp 07-21-2020 06:26 PM

I guess it's fair to update when things don't go well... So I stopped with the rooftop band workouts a long time ago. It started getting hot, then it started getting REALLY fucking hot. Combined with not really liking it in the first place, I eventually said fuck it, and accepted that the virus will cost me my body for a while.

Maybe it is a weak, shitty thing to do, but that's what I did.

I still jog most mornings for about 40 mins

Also I have taken up studying a new field, and self projects based on that, so it's not like I have much time to spare.

I tell myself that if it's not safe to go back to the gym by the time the weather gets better, I'll go back up there again.

Maybe I'll even go and try to endure the heat. Or maybe for the first time in my life, try working out in mornings when it's only "feels like 37" or so.

So that's where I am now! Soft and weak SeemsGood

mikemhg 07-22-2020 11:03 AM

Man I'm surprised you guys haven't gone back to the gym.

I got tired of the backyard band workouts back in May, LOL. Love being back at the gym here, I know it's a risk, but it's one worth taking for me at least.

ilovebacon 07-22-2020 11:19 AM

Build you own gym and stay cool at home and from people.
If I didn't grab myself a Bowflex, this would've been a great deal. Only $300!
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...3647287735554/

ilovebacon 07-22-2020 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 8993462)
I guess it's fair to update when things don't go well... So I stopped with the rooftop band workouts a long time ago. It started getting hot, then it started getting REALLY fucking hot. Combined with not really liking it in the first place, I eventually said fuck it, and accepted that the virus will cost me my body for a while.

Maybe it is a weak, shitty thing to do, but that's what I did.

I still jog most mornings for about 40 mins

Also I have taken up studying a new field, and self projects based on that, so it's not like I have much time to spare.

I tell myself that if it's not safe to go back to the gym by the time the weather gets better, I'll go back up there again.

Maybe I'll even go and try to endure the heat. Or maybe for the first time in my life, try working out in mornings when it's only "feels like 37" or so.

So that's where I am now! Soft and weak SeemsGood

im soft and weak as i get back into it too

SkinnyPupp 07-22-2020 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikemhg (Post 8993510)
Man I'm surprised you guys haven't gone back to the gym.

I got tired of the backyard band workouts back in May, LOL. Love being back at the gym here, I know it's a risk, but it's one worth taking for me at least.

Part of it is that gyms are probably the worst place to go when there's a pandemic going on. It would be like going to bars and clubs all the time like we're seeing in USA.

Besides, they closed gyms again anyway so even if I did go back, I'd have to take a minimum 2 week break anyway FeelsBadMan

instantneedles 08-12-2020 07:02 PM

So apparently vancouver community center gyms are reopening next month.

With the way things are trending now though, I'm pretty sure that will get called back.

Still not sure how I feel stepping foot inside a gym atm... I've thought about going super early in the morning before all the equipment gets touched all over - but for now, that will remain just a thought

sonick 08-12-2020 07:08 PM

I was back at the gym with phase 2 but am probably stopping with the recent uptick.

320icar 08-12-2020 07:14 PM

Can’t go wrong with calisthenics for a home workout. Just kills all those tiny muscles that don’t get used much in day to day life

winson604 08-21-2020 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by instantneedles (Post 8995473)
So apparently vancouver community center gyms are reopening next month.

With the way things are trending now though, I'm pretty sure that will get called back.

Still not sure how I feel stepping foot inside a gym atm... I've thought about going super early in the morning before all the equipment gets touched all over - but for now, that will remain just a thought

Which gym are you part of? It may not be as bad as you think depending. I signed up for Anytime Fitness when they reopened and it has been great so far. I've rotated between 3 locations. Weekdays I go in the AM at around 530/600 and weekends at night around 100 AM. Yea, there are people but not many, even less so at night obviously. Enough people are doing different things that it's pretty spread. So far 100% of the people have been good about wiping down bars, benches, and machines after use. If you didn't witness the wiping down of the machine people will also wipe before use so that's like double sanitizing. I'd say roughly 75% of people are wiping down dumbbells. Plates though are the lowest like maybe 10% at best, there's much more surface to wipe down and is overall harder to do. It hasn't bothered me, I've just had to change my routine a bit for example it was previously normal for you to be touching stuff then grabbing your phone multiple times. Now I grab my phone less and if I do I wipe my hands before I do so.

instantneedles 08-23-2020 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winson604 (Post 8996533)
Which gym are you part of? It may not be as bad as you think depending. I signed up for Anytime Fitness when they reopened and it has been great so far. I've rotated between 3 locations. Weekdays I go in the AM at around 530/600 and weekends at night around 100 AM. Yea, there are people but not many, even less so at night obviously. Enough people are doing different things that it's pretty spread. So far 100% of the people have been good about wiping down bars, benches, and machines after use. If you didn't witness the wiping down of the machine people will also wipe before use so that's like double sanitizing. I'd say roughly 75% of people are wiping down dumbbells. Plates though are the lowest like maybe 10% at best, there's much more surface to wipe down and is overall harder to do. It hasn't bothered me, I've just had to change my routine a bit for example it was previously normal for you to be touching stuff then grabbing your phone multiple times. Now I grab my phone less and if I do I wipe my hands before I do so.

I was working out at a vancouver community center because I get it covered by work.

I just get the feeling that the demographic of people who work out at community center gyms are not the type to be as disciplined with wiping things down.

I think this will be a nice break for my body though anyway because I've been heavy lifting for 7 years now (which can take a toll on the joints). The core and bodyweight exercises I do now are also likely going to carry over to my gym routine, and I'll be a lot more stable once I start loading up with weights.

instantneedles 09-06-2020 01:06 PM

update: I caved. Went into the gym for the first time in half a year and everything feels weird lol.

I went into my deadlift having low expectations of maybe hitting 2 plates. I start deadlifting 1 plate and feels like my back is about to break.

That said - feels great to be back.

mikemhg 09-07-2020 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by instantneedles (Post 8998466)
update: I caved. Went into the gym for the first time in half a year and everything feels weird lol.

I went into my deadlift having low expectations of maybe hitting 2 plates. I start deadlifting 1 plate and feels like my back is about to break.

That said - feels great to be back.

That a boy. I was a nutcase and pulled 4 plates on my first day back, back in June.

Don't do that :lol

320icar 09-10-2020 11:55 AM

So I’m fat as fuck, have been for a while. Am 5’11, used to be a healthy 180 but for the last while have been ~215. No real excuse other than being lazy and having a baby. Diet is a big one, I enjoy baking and cooking. aaaaaaaaanyways

Been feeling meh lately, but more so in flexibility. My big ol gut has definitely been pulling my spine around in weird ways. I go to the chiro monthly for cracks and maintenance but I can feel every pound on my lower back.

I used to do yoga, figured I’d get back into it. My favourite was always the bikram 90 minute routine. Thought hey I have some time this morning I can do it.

Fuuuuuuck my nutsack I forgot how hard this is. All it is is stretching and balance. I was out of breathe after the two warm up breathing exercises! Granted I don’t pussyfoot, I actually stretch.

For you guys who are working out at home, trust me throw in a good yoga routine and you’ll feel weak as a kitten

instantneedles 09-11-2020 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 320icar (Post 8998870)
So I’m fat as fuck, have been for a while. Am 5’11, used to be a healthy 180 but for the last while have been ~215. No real excuse other than being lazy and having a baby. Diet is a big one, I enjoy baking and cooking. aaaaaaaaanyways

Been feeling meh lately, but more so in flexibility. My big ol gut has definitely been pulling my spine around in weird ways. I go to the chiro monthly for cracks and maintenance but I can feel every pound on my lower back.

I used to do yoga, figured I’d get back into it. My favourite was always the bikram 90 minute routine. Thought hey I have some time this morning I can do it.

Fuuuuuuck my nutsack I forgot how hard this is. All it is is stretching and balance. I was out of breathe after the two warm up breathing exercises! Granted I don’t pussyfoot, I actually stretch.

For you guys who are working out at home, trust me throw in a good yoga routine and you’ll feel weak as a kitten

Yeah I find I’ve been packing on some blubber as well :(

I think any exercise is better than nothing - we’re just so used to sitting on our asses all day and accumulating calories from eating