REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 04-11-2011, 10:29 PM   #6101
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,012 Times in 988 Posts
getting alotta pms just gonna post link here

http://hotfile.com/dl/114144925/3e07...lding.rar.html
Advertisement
strykn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-11-2011, 10:33 PM   #6102
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,207 Times in 432 Posts
speaking of dips, where you guys buy your dip belts? i cant seem to find them locally, anywhere, i must be looking at the wrong places
dachinesedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 10:37 PM   #6103
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,754 Times in 8,158 Posts
I am pretty sure I got mine at a place called Fitness Depot... It's a really big store with a lot of equipment, including good belts.

I got the one shown on the left in the 2nd column here: http://www.rawpowerfitnessgear.com/pdf/anklecuffs.pdf
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 10:54 PM   #6104

hal0 how many protein shakes were u drinking when cutting and did u drink milk at all ? thansk
Old 04-11-2011, 11:00 PM   #6105
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

arnold's book is gold!
im not too into reading the part about posing and stuff though....
Old 04-12-2011, 12:02 AM   #6106
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Fml, how to avoid shoulder injury? Been doing some rotator cuff exercises lately and a bunch of regular stretches but still feel a slight pain when i do shoulder press and sometimes db bench press.

Any of you guys doing the stronglift 5x5 program?

BlAh~

Last edited by LC21; 04-12-2011 at 12:32 AM.
LC21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 12:05 AM   #6107
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LC21 View Post
Fml, how to avoid shoulder injury? Been doing some rotator cuff exercises lately and a bunch of regular stretches but still feel a slight pain when i do shoulder press and sometimes db bench press.
re-evaluate how you throw up your dumbbells. I used to get this and a friend of mine was nice enough to point out what I was doing wrong. Slide your butt forward and kick up the weight with help from your legs, then slide your butt back and workout.

Also space out your chest and shoulder workouts. Also nothing wrong in doing some light weights/5-10 min jog to get blood flowing before your workout.

Somebody also suggested I stop doing dumbbell flies (for chest) and that's made my shoulders less prone to injury also

EDIT: I say also a lot. Also.
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-12-2011, 12:07 AM   #6108
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC21 View Post
While direct shoulder rehab work is beneficial , the best way to rehab a shoulder is to strengthen the stabilizer muscles around. I.e. the scapular muscles: the teres, rhomboids, posterior deltoids, lower traps,supraspinatus etc. This can be accomplished through face pulls, reverse pull ups, reverse pec flies, deadlifts, any sort of pulling motion for the lats and direct work for those stabilizers. Another GREAT one is the Turkish Get-up which essentially makes your shoulder joint bullet proof.

I'd like to add the exercises to be avoided if you have shoulder injuries: DEEP dips, deep flies, kip pull ups (i.e. Crossfit style), incline bench press to the chest, behind the neck press to the base of the neck, upright rows, behind the neck pulldowns to the base of the neck.

Last edited by white_guilt; 04-12-2011 at 12:16 AM.
white_guilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 12:16 AM   #6109
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Why are people at the gym act like douchebags and stare you down for no reason are average looking, while the big and serious body builders are very friendly and approachable?
Geoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 12:19 AM   #6110
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Since someone graciously posted the Arnold Encylopedia of Bodybuilding, I'll pay it forward and post the 5-3-1 Manual AKA One of the best programs for intermediate lifters and athletes looking to add mass and strength. Intermediate as in those who have completed a Starting Strength cycle (see: Mark Rippetow). The book is no-nonsense and straight to the point written in Layman's term. The author is probably stronger than everyone on this board combined and his word should be treated as gospel. So check it out and see if you like it:

http://hotfile.com/dl/114168958/f4ec...anual.pdf.html

And don't say I didn't do you guys no favors.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-12-2011, 01:01 AM   #6111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoc View Post
Why are people at the gym act like douchebags and stare you down for no reason are average looking, while the big and serious body builders are very friendly and approachable?
because the iron has humbled us while the douchebags are there trying to look hard , i guess :P
Old 04-12-2011, 01:04 AM   #6112

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_guilt View Post
Since someone graciously posted the Arnold Encylopedia of Bodybuilding, I'll pay it forward and post the 5-3-1 Manual AKA One of the best programs for intermediate lifters and athletes looking to add mass and strength. Intermediate as in those who have completed a Starting Strength cycle (see: Mark Rippetow). The book is no-nonsense and straight to the point written in Layman's term. The author is probably stronger than everyone on this board combined and his word should be treated as gospel. So check it out and see if you like it:

http://hotfile.com/dl/114168958/f4ec...anual.pdf.html

And don't say I didn't do you guys no favors.
I've added a lot more raw power and raw mass doing a variant of 5-3-1, but I found doing higher intensity added more definition while the strength gains were there but not as exponential as 5-3-1 =P
Old 04-12-2011, 01:13 AM   #6113
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoc View Post
I got that today, accidentally stole a guy's bench. He approached me with a mean tone and said " IM USING THIS BENCH" (pun intended). And throughout my whole workout, he kept starring at me.

Anyhow, thanks for the advice on how to avoid shoulder injury!

BlAh~
LC21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 01:16 AM   #6114
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by strykn View Post
I've added a lot more raw power and raw mass doing a variant of 5-3-1, but I found doing higher intensity added more definition while the strength gains were there but not as exponential as 5-3-1 =P
Well duh, your high intensity stuff made you burn calories, thus you got more defined.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:47 AM   #6115
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by strykn View Post
hal0 how many protein shakes were u drinking when cutting and did u drink milk at all ? thansk
3 to 4 and no milk. I did not want to live off shakes still tried to eat food just hellza clean
Posted via RS Mobile
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-12-2011, 10:32 AM   #6116
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimzilla View Post
I use cocoa butter with aloe and vitamin E for my stretch marks, so far it is working.

and it smellssogood
where to buy and how much
distanc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 10:46 AM   #6117
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
Think I'm finally going to get a pair of straps. Today I realized just how bad a shitty grip can ruin your workout. Was doing back today, but I did a lot of narrow grip stuff mixed with widegrip for my lats/upper back and my forearms were just toast by the time I got to deadlifting. My grip failed, balanced got fucked and back got tweaked. Wasn't even lifting near my max for deadlift, ahhh. This kinda shit pisses me off ... and I swear when I fail I can feel all the negative energy from other people, don't get the same high I usually do.

Thankfully, after a long warm shower + heated seats for an hour I'm feeling a lot better. Never want to feel that kinda pain again.

I don't think I'll use the straps for anything other than my deadlift maxes/when my forearms are shot from the previous exercises so my forearms keep gaining strength.
is there anything to look for when buying straps and where did you buy yours? thanks
distanc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 11:18 AM   #6118
RS Operative (G)

Quote:
Originally Posted by distanc3 View Post
is there anything to look for when buying straps and where did you buy yours? thanks
Straps are pretty basic.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 04-12-2011, 02:37 PM   #6119
ddr
Snapping away

any comments on the following?
http://www.mensjournal.com/everythin...ness-is-a-lie/

i'm a noob so open to all sorts of comments.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:28 PM   #6120
RS Operative (G)

most of the new stuff to the workout world is a flop and the people behind it are fat and lazy.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:31 PM   #6121
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddr View Post
any comments on the following?
http://www.mensjournal.com/everythin...ness-is-a-lie/

i'm a noob so open to all sorts of comments.
Well, if you are a noob, then you can't go wrong following this from the article.

"One book in particular, Mark Rippetoe’s Starting Strength: Basic Barbell Training, inspired me to start with the very first of the Fundamental Four: strength. I liked the clarity of the word, and I liked the idea of keeping life simple, learning one aptitude at a time. Many pros will tell you that strength is the place to start, because once you’ve built pure strength, you’ll have no trouble adding power, size, and endurance. I decided to just follow Rippetoe’s bare-bones old-school program."

gl
straight up nasty right right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyZ32 View Post
Thats because you end up getting creepy pie like mine that makes you not want to eat it hha ...thats why its cheap ...
civicyvr is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-12-2011, 03:33 PM   #6122
RS Operative (G)

Quote:
Originally Posted by civicyvr View Post
Well, if you are a noob, then you can't go wrong following this from the article.

"One book in particular, Mark Rippetoe’s Starting Strength: Basic Barbell Training, inspired me to start with the very first of the Fundamental Four: strength. I liked the clarity of the word, and I liked the idea of keeping life simple, learning one aptitude at a time. Many pros will tell you that strength is the place to start, because once you’ve built pure strength, you’ll have no trouble adding power, size, and endurance. I decided to just follow Rippetoe’s bare-bones old-school program."

gl
yeah as skinny said that book is money, all the stuf in that book is basic stuff that will get you to the top in no time with some dedication and time in the gym, running on a olyptical cant even spell its so fucking stupid and doing circuit training will get you most likely nowhere
This post thanked by:
Old 04-12-2011, 05:27 PM   #6123

lean ground beef is amazzingggggggggggggggggg.... 100g = 21g protein /180 cal
Old 04-12-2011, 05:40 PM   #6124
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,605 Times in 536 Posts
keto sucks. fucking craving everything
Old 04-12-2011, 06:06 PM   #6125
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,195 Times in 5,577 Posts
get passed the first week then its all good

i had a big steak dinner and then had some break on saturday morning and that was probably the most carbs i had in the last month and a half