REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 12-04-2011, 02:16 PM   #10651
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 1,391 Times in 270 Posts
I've been using the seated bench for dumbbell shoulder presses for a while, but have recently been struggling to get my weights up on the 3rd set. Does doing this exercises on the incline flat bench have better benefits ( getting them up, form, support, etc ) ?
Advertisement
chin3se604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 03:11 PM   #10652
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,778 Times in 956 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chin3se604 View Post
I've been using the seated bench for dumbbell shoulder presses for a while, but have recently been struggling to get my weights up on the 3rd set. Does doing this exercises on the incline flat bench have better benefits ( getting them up, form, support, etc ) ?
i actually preferred the seated bench then the incline flat bench just because the seated one was shorter and that way i focused more on form, and when i tried the longer bench but still in the "seated" position, my form would get really f'd up. All i did was use a spotter to help me up til i was able to do 60's on my own, then i never really had problems.

ps : i think i got the benches correct...lol

Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts

2008 Infiniti M45X - Y50 (Current)
2000 Honda Prelude SH (Sold)
1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
1998 Nissan Maxima SE (Sold)
1996 Honda Prelude SR-V (Sold)
XplicitLuder is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-04-2011, 04:06 PM   #10653
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,390 Times in 586 Posts
It's arms day boys, time to crush some big weight. I want Stallone's arms.

JDął is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 05:00 PM   #10654
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

love chilli, but ive been making the bb.com quik chilli for a while, and its starting to make me hate chilli haha

so i farted around a bit and found this recipe
Easy Chili I Recipe - Allrecipes.com
ill let you guys know how it goes, im making 15 portions instead of 6, and im using an extra 500g of ground beef ontop of the 1.1 kilo it calls for already
jeffh is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-04-2011, 05:21 PM   #10655
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
chili is boss. and its chili season too. good thinking
Old 12-04-2011, 05:37 PM   #10656

This post thanked by:
Old 12-04-2011, 06:01 PM   #10657
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Seems like 210 is being a sticking point for me. I'm eating till I actually feel sick. Training harder then I ever have. Getting 8+ hours of sleep a night.
I guess after putting on 80 lbs it is gonna take a bit of work to keep going. If all else fails I smuggle a pharmacy up with me to work and start injecting.
Old 12-04-2011, 06:17 PM   #10658

^ arent you guys piss tested regularily?
Old 12-04-2011, 07:18 PM   #10659
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,012 Times in 988 Posts
just had 40 perogies post workout and quarter gallon of 2% milk
strykn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-04-2011, 07:22 PM   #10660
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,628 Times in 718 Posts
LOL just had perogies too

just not 40...
Excelsis is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-04-2011, 09:03 PM   #10661
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 1,391 Times in 270 Posts
Helped uncle move his 32" sony CRT TV from his basement to his car today.

Was able to lift from the front where all the weight was with him guiding the back and barely helping. I have to say, those damn CRT TV's are freaking heavy, with crappy weight distribution.

Thank you Squats and Deadlifts
chin3se604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 09:28 PM   #10662
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
I have a love and hate relationship with squats
Posted via RS Mobile
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-04-2011, 10:15 PM   #10663
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

i remember someone before recommending a joint care supplement. well i had a buddy recommend allmax's allflex which helped his clicky shoulder. picked it up today to see how it does for a strained shoulder/rotator cuff and wrist injury. took 2 after a meal napped and went to the gym and holy fuck, my shoulder is almost back to normal. db bench is almost at the same before my injury (give or take 5 lbs). im going to continue using it for another month to see how effective it is but im pretty impressed so far.

im usually skeptical about supplements working right away but this one seems legit. the thing is pretty cheap too. $30 from popeyes but u can get it for like $20 on bb.com. worth a try for anyone that cant drop $50+ on that supp rrxstar recommended before
Jer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 10:42 PM   #10664
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
My back is fucking wrecked. Lol. Destroyed it good on back day traps and lower back are sore as fuark . Got a nice deep tissue massage today to try and loosen it up. Worked wonders. My traps have been jacked from shrugging the DL weight I was pulling and now they finally loosened up. Why oh why didn't I work my back when I was younger lol.

Can't wait for this week. These splits have been kicking my ass. I'm doing no rest between sets. Basically I finish one set of my split and jump straight into the next set with no rest. For instance I'll do a set of Incline Press, then immediately do my Tri Pressdowns, then immediately head back to bench and do my next set of Inclines, etc. I'm fucking bagged at the end of my workout. My workout week looks like this now.
Mon Chest and Tri's
Tues Back and Bi's
Wed Shoulders
Thurs Legs
Fri Chest and Back.

What do you think Brah's? I don't work out on weekends is there anything you would suggest or change?

Berz out.
Old 12-04-2011, 11:22 PM   #10665
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
My back is fucking wrecked. Lol. Destroyed it good on back day traps and lower back are sore as fuark . Got a nice deep tissue massage today to try and loosen it up. Worked wonders. My traps have been jacked from shrugging the DL weight I was pulling and now they finally loosened up. Why oh why didn't I work my back when I was younger lol.

Can't wait for this week. These splits have been kicking my ass. I'm doing no rest between sets. Basically I finish one set of my split and jump straight into the next set with no rest. For instance I'll do a set of Incline Press, then immediately do my Tri Pressdowns, then immediately head back to bench and do my next set of Inclines, etc. I'm fucking bagged at the end of my workout. My workout week looks like this now.
Mon Chest and Tri's
Tues Back and Bi's
Wed Shoulders
Thurs Legs
Fri Chest and Back.

What do you think Brah's? I don't work out on weekends is there anything you would suggest or change?

Berz out.
What compounds are you doing?
Old 12-05-2011, 12:19 AM   #10666
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,806 Times in 8,185 Posts
Quote:

Mon Chest and Tri's
Tues Back and Bi's
Wed Shoulders
Thurs Legs
Fri Chest and Back.

Berz out.
Sounds similar to what I do, except I don't split. On a good day, I can superset all 4 exercises. Like today, I did rows, elevated pushups, good mornings, and hanging leg raises, all as a circuit with 65 seconds rest between each set of 20. After 16 mins of HIIT, I am just wrecked.
Posted via RS Mobile
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 03:15 AM   #10667
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,839 Times in 1,483 Posts
Thought this might get some respect here....
!
This post thanked by:
Old 12-05-2011, 07:23 AM   #10668
Ricer Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splmash View Post
What compounds are you doing?
I do Deads, Overhead Presses, Squarts, BB rows... all the major compounds. Mixing it up with Strength training and BodyBuilding.

I will do compounds one workout and Isolations the next. For instance I'll do overhead presses one shoulder day and seated military or DB presses the next. For back I'll do BB rows one day and one arm DB rows the next.

I've been doing a lot of pullups lately. My last workout challenge shamed me enough that I want to do much better next time around. Might get an award for most improved back haha.

Berz out.
Old 12-05-2011, 07:28 AM   #10669
Ricer Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by hud 91gt View Post
BEST Pole Dance Ever by Jenyne Butterfly - YouTube!
3:33 would have earned a dollar and a hollar out of me for sure. Impressive but not sexy at all.

Berz out.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:04 AM   #10670
RS Veteran

Thanked 5,024 Times in 1,083 Posts
Quote:
I do Deads, Overhead Presses, Squarts, BB rows... all the major compounds. Mixing it up with Strength training and BodyBuilding.

I will do compounds one workout and Isolations the next. For instance I'll do overhead presses one shoulder day and seated military or DB presses the next. For back I'll do BB rows one day and one arm DB rows the next.

I've been doing a lot of pullups lately. My last workout challenge shamed me enough that I want to do much better next time around. Might get an award for most improved back haha.

Berz out.
Interesting. I am switching to isolation this week but don't want to give up compound lifts. I am considering doing 5 mornings similiar to your routine, or 3 days shoulders/tri, chest/bi, back/legs.

I don't regret doing Stronglifts 5x5 for a second. My strength and size went up dramatically during the last year. Would recommend it to anyone looking to gain strength.

Shopping for headphones for running as well. I'm tired of my headphones falling out. Got a Future Shop gc with a new phone so going to pick something there.
TouringTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 08:20 AM   #10671
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by hud 91gt View Post
BEST Pole Dance Ever by Jenyne Butterfly - YouTube!
Old 12-05-2011, 09:00 AM   #10672
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

What's better, deads on leg or back day?
Posted via RS Mobile
Phozy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:21 AM   #10673
Ricer Mod

Depends how heavy you want to go. There is no way your going to do heavy pulls if you squat first and vice versa there is no way your going to do heavy squats if you pull first. I like at least 2 days rest between deads and squats either way. I notice it huge if I do deads the day after squats. I do deads on my back day.

Berz out.
Old 12-05-2011, 10:30 AM   #10674
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,390 Times in 586 Posts
Quote:
I do deads on my back day.
+1, and after I've warmed up my lower back with some extensions.

I need some new back exercises, I don't feel like I'm working it hard enough any more. My typical routine:

Lat pulldowns
Seated rows
Face pulls (rope on a high cable, pull back into your face)
Lower extensions
Trap squeeze

Then deadlifts. Suggestions? I really want to build bigger lats but just can't seem to do it.
JDął is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 11:08 AM   #10675
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,605 Times in 536 Posts
t bar rows