REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   OFFICIAL WORKOUT/TRAINING THREAD v2.0 (https://www.revscene.net/forums/659190-official-workout-training-thread-v2-0-a.html)

!Yaminashi 10-14-2009 08:51 AM

Fuuuuuuck my llife I hate being sick

hal0g0dv2 10-14-2009 09:29 AM

just about to head out and do chest today
cant wait have not done chest for a while now since i was sick kinda

DC5-S 10-14-2009 11:20 AM

fucking legs today... hate fucking squats so much, and lunges

BlackV62K2 10-14-2009 09:18 PM

I'm also in the sick boat now. It fucking sucks!!! I still went to the gym the last couple days but definitely not feeling it.

SkinnyPupp 10-14-2009 09:54 PM

I started doing dumbbell overhead squats this week, since there are no barbells in my stupid gym so I can't do snatches. Pretty brutal to keep arms fully locked above your head while doing squats, I gotta say!

hal0g0dv2 10-15-2009 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 6635747)
I started doing dumbbell overhead squats this week, since there are no barbells in my stupid gym so I can't do snatches. Pretty brutal to keep arms fully locked above your head while doing squats, I gotta say!

no barbells w0w
can u not switch gym s
i dont think i could work out with out that

SkinnyPupp 10-15-2009 08:06 PM

I looked into it, and there are no gyms in my area with even dumbbells except the one I go to. The "fashion gyms" have them, but they are fucking expensive as hell, and kind of out of the way for me.

I make do with what I have for now.

hal0g0dv2 10-15-2009 08:42 PM

gym i a currently at is renovating so switching gym kinda excited, the gym i am going to is super nice and has everything plus some

RRxtar 10-15-2009 11:39 PM

what the hell kind of gym doesnt have dumbells or barbells?

!Yaminashi 10-15-2009 11:51 PM

Starting to feel better, hopefully I can hit the gym again tomorrow :D

SkinnyPupp 10-16-2009 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RRxtar (Post 6637400)
what the hell kind of gym doesnt have dumbells or barbells?

The kind where most people go to just to be able to say they "work out".

My gym has dumbbells up to 70 lbs, and a VKR Chair, so I try to get the best from what I have.

My squat and deadlift obviously suffers, but my dips and chinups get better and better :)

You should see the people that go to my gym. It's fucking hilarious.

hal0g0dv2 10-16-2009 11:17 AM

i dono what supps you guys use but
here are some good deals
http://www.supplementscanada.com/pop...luecombos.html

jeffh 10-16-2009 04:29 PM

fuck i jsut spent like $75 on 1 noxplode

hal0g0dv2 10-16-2009 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffh (Post 6638326)
fuck i jsut spent like $75 on 1 noxplode

ouch dude
i dont buy it, but they jack it up hard in stores

hotong 10-16-2009 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 6637418)
The kind where most people go to just to be able to say they "work out".

My gym has dumbbells up to 70 lbs, and a VKR Chair, so I try to get the best from what I have.

My squat and deadlift obviously suffers, but my dips and chinups get better and better :)

You should see the people that go to my gym. It's fucking hilarious.

what gym do you go to?

waddy41 10-16-2009 10:27 PM

what about n.o. fury from six muscle star? 25 at wal-mart i think

hal0g0dv2 10-17-2009 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waddy41 (Post 6638802)
what about n.o. fury from six muscle star? 25 at wal-mart i think

uhhh no clue sorry dude

SkinnyPupp 10-17-2009 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotong (Post 6638751)
what gym do you go to?

It's just the gym at my clubhouse.

RRxtar 10-17-2009 10:50 AM

anyone have joint pain brought on by the recent weather change? both my shoulders have been killing me again for the last 2 weeks again. happens every year. it was literally an over night thing this year right at the time when our weather went from high 20s to low teens. its to the point where doing a front raise with no weight with my left arm is quite painful and weak. it doesnt affect pushing or pulling (presses or rows) but simply raising my arms hurts. my right elbow and left knee are abit tender as well but less of an issue.

anyone have any idea how to help with this? i know it will go away in a week or 2 but its pretty annoying right now.

yes i do stretch regularly and warm up and exercise my rotators daily.

jeffh 10-23-2009 08:58 PM

boom, did 4 sets of 125 today on BB bench
altho im still vibrating with energy from Nosplode

RRxtar 10-23-2009 09:04 PM

to think 3 months ago you were quivvering with 20lb dumbells. slowly but surely. keep at er

hal0g0dv2 10-23-2009 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RRxtar (Post 6650632)
i actually think the 5x5 program works better overall and i leave the gym with more of a 'pump' and i find it easier to add more weight on every week or 2 with 5x5s. but i feel like i do more 'work' by doing 8 rep sets. http://www.vwfixx.com/forums/style_e...ault/shrug.gif. i guess 5x5s might be more strengh oriented and 4x8s might be more 'fitness' (if thats the right word). both of which i like and need for work.

who knows, i might just switch to more 5x5s. all i know is i have to hit each muscle group at least twice a week, even 3 times is better, otherwise i dont get anywhere. plus i dont mind switching up techniques/routines every once in a while.

what is the weight diff
i have tried that b4 like do light days but i just find myself always jumping to the bigger weights lol
i dono just does not feel the same i guess

hud 91gt 10-24-2009 06:29 AM

Random info.... Starting a new food plan. I'm going to get sucked into this whole low carb thing. I won't lie, after one day I feel incredibly unhealthy.

Day 1 was filled with what was in my freezer. Started out with a Shake(Berrys, protein, a little psylium fiber) as I had to make the gym and I slept in. After the gym I threw a couple chicken breasts in a frying pan, frozen veggies and some of that butter chicken sauce. Then came a bowl of Wendy's chili (large), another shake before I went out for a quick ride on the motorbike. Came home, had a Taco spinach salad thing with a pound of beef. The salad ran out, and I kept eating the straight beef. I think that is what is making me feel shitty. Also had a few glasses of milk in the day too, and some baby carrots and hummus (I know CARBS).

This morning I woke up, started with a 2 egg/some extra egg white omelette, tomato, cheese, spinach, mushroom. And 2 italian saugsage. Jesus, 29g of fat each! I know fat is supposed to be alright, but these things are crazy haha. We;ll see what I figure out for the rest of the day.

I'm 6'2" 173lbs. I've been working out on and off for 3 years and recently (Last 6 months) started to get into it again. In this time, I have gotten as strong as I had ever been before, but I'm not gaining any weight. From other peoples perspective, and comparing what I eat to what other people eat, I think I shoulld be taking in enough calories. but I guess thats not true. I would love to get to 180lbs, and stay there, while losing a couple pounds of fat at the same time. Hopefully this low carb thing will help me. The problem is with my work schedule I work 2 weeks on, 2 off. So on the 2 off, I go to the gym 6 days a week. I have a 3 day routine, so I get it done twice a week. When I am at work, I am not able to go to the gym. I try and do pushups, tricep dips, unweighted squats, some croe work etc. Anyone have any suggestion on how my diet should change during this less active time? Should I be reducing my calorie intake while not going to the gym?

RRxtar 10-24-2009 06:40 AM

thats not good fat

SkinnyPupp 10-24-2009 06:59 AM

The fat in italian sausage should be fine, provided it is just the fat of the actual animal that is in the sausage :)

29g of fat is nothing, I get more fat from that in my morning protein shake :lol (from coconut cream)