REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   OFFICIAL WORKOUT/TRAINING THREAD v2.0 (https://www.revscene.net/forums/659190-official-workout-training-thread-v2-0-a.html)

hud 91gt 10-24-2009 07:02 AM

Well it may not be good fat, but some people suggest staying away from chicken breasts etc due to the lack of fat. I can only eat so many avacados!

SkinnyPupp 10-24-2009 07:25 AM

Yeah eating chicken breasts is stupid, unless you actually like the taste of them. But if you do, you could probably eat cardboard and get away with it.

But if you're human, nothing beats a good old whole chicken, skin and everything. Once in a while my wife will cook a whole chicken in this Chinese style (in a soysauce based broth). It's super tender, and so good! It's awesome to eat a whole animal sometimes. Makes you feel like a man again! ;)

Berzerker 10-24-2009 09:14 AM

I used to buy the pre cooked whole chickens from Save On and eat them as is lol. Good times.

Berz out.

jeffh 10-24-2009 09:38 AM

^ i get those from iga from time to time, sprinkle some vegetta on top and away you go

hal0g0dv2 10-24-2009 12:29 PM

i usualy just buy the box of lilly dale chicken breast
cant beat a buck for a chicken breast

E=mc˛ 10-24-2009 02:35 PM

^
I gotta pick me up some of those too

where you buy em? Costco?

hal0g0dv2 10-24-2009 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E=mc˛ (Post 6651676)
^
I gotta pick me up some of those too

where you buy em? Costco?

Yeah but I am trying to remember were I got my lastl 2 boxes cause they were 24.99
Posted via RS Mobile

hud 91gt 10-24-2009 05:11 PM

Well, I just looked at a jug of milk and noticed the carbs in it. I'm fucked. There is no way I could survive without it. I guess i'll just be cutting out my main carbs. Pasta bread and beer. Keep on the lean meats, lots of veg and see how it goes. Those Keto guys are nuts.

hal0g0dv2 10-24-2009 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hud 91gt (Post 6651835)
Well, I just looked at a jug of milk and noticed the carbs in it. I'm fucked. There is no way I could survive without it. I guess i'll just be cutting out my main carbs. Pasta bread and beer. Keep on the lean meats, lots of veg and see how it goes. Those Keto guys are nuts.

im sure if u you cut out beer alone u r all good

hal0g0dv2 10-24-2009 09:49 PM

Wow went and did legs today and I felt really good but I donno could not complete all my sets and HAd to drop down weight on both squats
Posted via RS Mobile

SkinnyPupp 10-24-2009 10:00 PM

Cut out the crap from your diet (bread, pasta, anything starch or sugar) and you won't need to eat lean meat at all. In fact, you'll need to eat more fat to make up for the carbs you are cutting out. Otherwise, you will be tired and hungry all the time.

Fat is what satiates us, and it doesn't make us fat or clog our arteries, so there are no reasons not to eat more of it.

Starches and sugars on the other hand, only make us hungrier, and cause inflammation which does lead to arterial clogging, and other diseases such as metabolic syndrome and diabetes. There's no reason to eat much (or any) of it at all.

E=mc˛ 10-24-2009 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by halogodv2 (Post 6651710)
Yeah but I am trying to remember were I got my lastl 2 boxes cause they were 24.99
Posted via RS Mobile

precooked?

hal0g0dv2 10-25-2009 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E=mc˛ (Post 6652286)
precooked?

no no they are frozen

saucywoman 10-26-2009 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by halogodv2 (Post 6651710)
Posted via RS Mobile

safeway usually has 4kg boxes of frozen chicken breasts for about that price. I think I've seen them at save on foods for around the same price too. I haven't been to costco in awhile so I'm not sure what the price is.

jeffh 10-26-2009 10:15 AM

costco steaks just owned me last week, too good
i usually get the big bags of chicken breast as well

hal0g0dv2 10-26-2009 03:03 PM

Never tried the ones from safeway I'm sure there almost all the SAme
Posted via RS Mobile

RRxtar 10-26-2009 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 6652165)
Fat is what satiates us, and it doesn't make us fat or clog our arteries, so there are no reasons not to eat more of it.

thats not all that good of advice

if you ate saturated and trans fats all day long you wouldn't be feeling too good.

monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats, however, are GOOD for you.

DC5-S 10-26-2009 04:44 PM

i eat one chicken breast everyday.. and you can buy chicken seasoning in the spices isle.. works good on the chicken breast

E=mc˛ 10-26-2009 05:09 PM

I saw a 4kg box of chicken breasts at costco for $32.

I still gotta find that 4kg box for $24 u guys keep talking about. Damn.

hal0g0dv2 10-26-2009 07:28 PM

dam
did chest today, i played squash b4 i worked out so i was pretty pooped. started with dun bells flat bench, 80x10 90x8 100x5 the 100's felt crazy heavy. then did incline barbell. 45 plate x 10 ,45 plate and 25x 8, then two 45 plates x 5. then hit dips 3 sets of 10 without weight. then some incline flys to finish it off, i was fucking dead after

SkinnyPupp 10-26-2009 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RRxtar (Post 6654396)
thats not all that good of advice

if you ate saturated and trans fats all day long you wouldn't be feeling too good.

monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats, however, are GOOD for you.

Wrong.

Saturated fats are NOT trans fats.

Trans fats are chemically altered fats - they take non-saturated fat and try to make it act like saturated fat. Or they take a good saturated fat, and chemically alter it to last longer on shelves.

The result is a disgusting concoction that causes heart disease. It also had the effect of confusing researchers, who lumped trans-fats and saturated fats into one category. The end result of that is your ignorant idea that they are the same.

healthy Saturated fats not only do not cause heart disease, they play a significant role in improving blood profile. It will lower your cholesterol, and make you healthier overall.

Unsaturated fat CAN be good for you provided it's coming from a good source. Basically, if it comes from a plant that only needs to be squeezed, it can be good for you (examples: olives, grape seeds, avocados). Otherwise, it needs to be chemically extracted, and will contain trace amount of trans fats (low enough that they don't need to be on the label per serving, but they are there). If you think you are being smart by replacing good fat like butter and lard with "vegetable oil" like rape (canola) or soya, then you are literally doing the exact opposite of what's good for you (ironically enough).

hal0g0dv2 10-26-2009 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 6654806)
Wrong.

Saturated fats are NOT trans fats.

Trans fats are chemically altered fats - they take non-saturated fat and try to make it act like saturated fat. Or they take a good saturated fat, and chemically alter it to last longer on shelves.

The result is a disgusting concoction that causes heart disease. It also had the effect of confusing researchers, who lumped trans-fats and saturated fats into one category. The end result of that is your ignorant idea that they are the same.

healthy Saturated fats not only do not cause heart disease, they play a significant role in improving blood profile. It will lower your cholesterol, and make you healthier overall.

Unsaturated fat CAN be good for you provided it's coming from a good source. Basically, if it comes from a plant that only needs to be squeezed, it can be good for you (examples: olives, grape seeds, avocados). Otherwise, it needs to be chemically extracted, and will contain trace amount of trans fats (low enough that they don't need to be on the label per serving, but they are there). If you think you are being smart by replacing good fat like butter and lard with "vegetable oil" like rape (canola) or soya, then you are literally doing the exact opposite of what's good for you (ironically enough).

hmm interesting

RRxtar 10-26-2009 09:09 PM

i did not say trans and saturdated were the same.

Monounsaturated fats lower total cholesterol and LDL cholesterol (the bad cholesterol) while increasing HDL cholesterol (the good cholesterol).

Polyunsaturated fats also lower total cholesterol and LDL cholesterol altho not as well as mono. Omega 3 is also in the Polyunsaturated fat group

Saturated fats raise total blood cholesterol as well as significantly raise LDL cholesterol (the bad cholesterol). They are mainly found in animal fats and dairy, tho I wouldn't give up good meat to avoid them. I would, however, try really hard to buy products without palm oil in them.

As you said, trans fats are basically created in the laboratory durring the process of hydrogenation and should be strongly avoided at all costs

heres a quote from a recent study by the European Journal of Clinical Nutrition
"When replacing saturated fat with either n-6 polyunsaturated fat or monounsaturated fat, total fat intakes decreased by 2.9% energy and 5.1% energy, respectively. Replacing saturated fat with n-6 polyunsaturated fat (trial I) lowered plasma total cholesterol by 19% [from 4.87 (0.88) to 3.94 (0.92) mmol/l, mean (s.d.)], low density lipoprotein cholesterol by 22% [from 2.87 (0.75) to 2.24 (0.67) mmol/l], and high density lipoprotein cholesterol by 14% [from 1.39 (0.36) to 1.19 (0.34) mmol/l], whereas replacing saturated fat with monounsaturated fat (trial II) decreased total cholesterol by 12%, low density lipoprotein cholesterol by 15%, and high density lipoprotein cholesterol by 4%, respectively. The change in the ratio of total to high density lipoprotein cholesterol was similar during trial I and trial II."

SkinnyPupp 10-26-2009 09:12 PM

Wrong again. I'll write why later
Posted via RS Mobile

jeffh 10-26-2009 09:26 PM

^ you must be fucking FIT to know all this stuff and to be putting it all into practice

or do you spend more time reading than eating and working?