REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2012, 09:24 AM   #151
Banned By Establishment
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 12,484
Thanked 2,090 Times in 773 Posts
of course.
Advertisement
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:49 AM   #152
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!
 
StylinRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: CELICAland
Posts: 25,182
Thanked 10,191 Times in 3,797 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridlock View Post
That's not right man. You should really edit that out and apologize. Getting mad at someone and then doing something worse is not a solution.
think the point was kind of lost on us reasonable folk? but hopefully taylor gets it since its his own medicine
StylinRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:19 AM   #153
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Kits/Richmond
Posts: 4,409
Thanked 1,104 Times in 539 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by melloman View Post
Statscan has terminated all data for teenage pregnancy between years 1998-2009.. Do you have any viable facts for this? The most recent study was conducted in 1994 & 1997. Thanks.

I'd hate to disagree but if you read the recent news, the province is trying to get knowledge out to kids BEFORE EVEN HIGHSCHOOL. Trying to get sexual education into elementary school because of: The Daily, Tuesday, May 3, 2005. Early sexual intercourse, condom use and sexually transmitted diseases
Perhaps you missed me mentioning several times my GF teaches this for a living.

BC already has comprehensive sex ed from K-12.
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-17-2012, 10:20 AM   #154
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Kits/Richmond
Posts: 4,409
Thanked 1,104 Times in 539 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trancehead View Post
on lighter news, taylor192 i spotted your car at the oval
What night? Do you play vball or bball there?
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:22 AM   #155
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Kits/Richmond
Posts: 4,409
Thanked 1,104 Times in 539 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
Like I said way back when this was a normal thread conversation, it is one thing to let YOUR OWN kid partake in a little alcohol (wine with dinner, etc.) but this original article is about supplying a place for all your kids' friends to get wasted.

What YOU do with or to YOU OWN kid is YOUR business...but if you are opening the door to MY kid without MY knowledge and letting them drink, thats a different story!

I am pretty sure this is the point some of us are trying to make...am I wrong!?

And as you can read in the link YOU provided...not only is it immoral to allow other kids to drink in your house, it is also ILLEGAL!
Most BC teens go to university at age 17-18, below the legal drinking age. Do you think the police are busting down dorm rooms where one legal age person has supplied the rest with booze?

Nope. Been there, thrown some epic keg parties and dealt with the police.

It's like drinking or smoking on the beach here. Sure its illegal, yet unless you're being a retard the cops look the other way.
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-17-2012, 10:23 AM   #156
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Kits/Richmond
Posts: 4,409
Thanked 1,104 Times in 539 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GabAlmighty View Post
Because you said so! And no, the shoe doesn't fit.
LOL glad to know I have such an effect on you.

You'd do well to lighten up, its just sarcasm.
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:25 AM   #157
Banned By Establishment
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: bedroom
Posts: 3,112
Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
GAWD! don't you guys read?! Taylor192 gf is a TEACHER!!!

Thems be all the facts we need, jeeeez!
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-17-2012, 10:31 AM   #158
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Kits/Richmond
Posts: 4,409
Thanked 1,104 Times in 539 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
WTF? You site your GF as a source for fact, yet you discredit equal contrasting second hand information as fact? Just because you're not banging anyone in this board doesn't mean that you can't learn from anyone here either.
Quote some. Seriously, go back through this thread and find some credible information and quote it.

I've learned a lot from members here, just not in this thread on this issue cause there's been little other than "of the cuff" information posted. You'll see that when you struggle to quote some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
For every example you cite about a person succeeding despite his habitual use of alcohol and drugs at an early age, there's equal (if not more) example of the exact same sources destroying lives at an early state.
I haven't once said anything about succeeding and habitual use. I have repeatedly stated moderation and exceptions are not the rule.

Please at least get my opinion correct, I have been very clear.

[quote=Noir;7763967]And you think kids can tell the difference? Or maybe with kids it's always just about getting blasted and not so much about learning

and take it out of context how? You're insinuating that "teachers would understand and automatically side with you." I didn't. It's as simple as that and it's shown that loud-arrogance doesn't mean you're infallable to errors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
BTW, would you give your 13 yr old porn? As long as you supervise it?
LOL not exactly.

My old manager had a system which I thought was brilliant. Instead of limiting his kids internet usage, he just put on a log on the router. Occasionally he'd browse it to see if his kids were looking at anything inappropriate and speak to them about internet safety. By inappropriate he meant being on inappropriate social sites, or looking at really bad material (like some of the stuff in the NSFW section that shows people being disembodied), porn was fine, its part of growing up.

He'd often comment that his kid finds some really good porn.
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:31 AM   #159
Banned By Establishment
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: bedroom
Posts: 3,112
Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor192 View Post
Most BC teens go to university at age 17-18, below the legal drinking age. Do you think the police are busting down dorm rooms where one legal age person has supplied the rest with booze?

Nope. Been there, thrown some epic keg parties and dealt with the police.

It's like drinking or smoking on the beach here. Sure its illegal, yet unless you're being a retard the cops look the other way.
Ooooooooh, I get it...the facts I provided about the LAWS are not good enough because MOST people do it anyways.

I dig ya...I see what your doin'.
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:41 AM   #160
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Kits/Richmond
Posts: 4,409
Thanked 1,104 Times in 539 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
No need to call his GF names.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridlock View Post
That's not right man. You should really edit that out and apologize. Getting mad at someone and then doing something worse is not a solution.
Thanks guys.

I did learn this from my GF's teaching material: only you can be offended.

It takes a lot to offend me, cause stupid remarks like this have no truth, so why should they be offensive? Just dismiss them for the stupidity they are.

Likewise I don't understand why words like "stupid" cause people to get so mad. Its just a stupid word, its comical that it hurts that much to lash out like he did.
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:43 AM   #161
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Kits/Richmond
Posts: 4,409
Thanked 1,104 Times in 539 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
Ooooooooh, I get it...the facts I provided about the LAWS are not good enough because MOST people do it anyways.

I dig ya...I see what your doin'.
They weren't good enough cause you left out one important clause.

Remember, its not about the letter of the law, its the spirit. Those laws are meant to enforce child safety, thus why you won't see them enforced unless the child is in danger.

PS its not spinning when its true. If anything you're spinning it cause you're using the letter of the law to make a point that doesn't exist cause its not enforced. Dizzy yet?
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:46 AM   #162
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Kits/Richmond
Posts: 4,409
Thanked 1,104 Times in 539 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by melloman View Post
The bolded made me have a good laugh in the morning, thanks.

What if your child decides he loves it? Loves to drink and smoke weed.. And once you say: "No, if you start to abuse it, it isn't good for this, and that and etc."
I'll ask you this:

If this happens, would it be better to know about it, or it to happen in private without your knowledge?

BTW that's rhetorical. Of course it'd be better to know, then appropriate resources can be sought out.

Last edited by taylor192; 01-17-2012 at 01:36 PM.
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:54 AM   #163
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Kits/Richmond
Posts: 4,409
Thanked 1,104 Times in 539 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
i felt that too but since he's going around calling everyone names and making false assumptions i figured why shouldn't he get the same treatment and the only way for him to get it is if its about someone other than himself

but i have to say its likely a more educated assumption than taylors ever made
LOL

If you want to get to me, trump my facts, I hate that. A stupid person uttering stupid words has no merit, it actually makes me laugh when stupid people feel the need to lash out as such.

I get you wanted to give me a taste of my own medicine, which is interesting cause I don't call people stupid to insult them, its just sarcasm. As I said before, I guess the shoe fit if you feel insulted and the need to return insults.
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:10 AM   #164
Need to Seek Professional Help
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,074
Thanked 187 Times in 74 Posts
If my parent's weren't so chill about everything when I was young I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be as successful as I am now. At the end of the day its all about the values that they instill in you.
__________________
Surf, Party, Sleep.
m!chael is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-17-2012, 12:09 PM   #165
Revscene.net has a homepage?!
 
Glove's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: vancouver
Posts: 1,243
Thanked 1,619 Times in 378 Posts
^ you interupted taylor
Glove is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-17-2012, 01:05 PM   #166
Need to Seek Professional Help
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,074
Thanked 187 Times in 74 Posts
.

Last edited by m!chael; 11-05-2018 at 09:42 PM.
m!chael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 01:20 PM   #167
Banned By Establishment
 
Gridlock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New West
Posts: 3,998
Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m!chael View Post
^ you tried to be funny
Posted via RS Mobile
I laughed.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 01:39 PM   #168
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS
 
Manic!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Nanaimo
Posts: 14,509
Thanked 6,324 Times in 2,982 Posts
Mother raped own daughter for 'sex education' - CafeMom


A mother of four who raped her 11-year-old daughter and filmed it as a form of "sex education" has been jailed for four years in Australia.

The 37-year-old woman from Queensland's Sunshine Coast made three films using her mobile phone showing her raping her youngest child and exposed her to other sexual activity "in response to repeated questions," The Sunshine Daily reported.

Judge John Robertson said sexual offenses against children by their own mothers were "rare," describing the relationship between mother and child as "seminal in our society."

He told the woman she had "no psychological or intellectual reason to explain this shocking behavior," as she had "a normal loving upbringing with parents and family who still support you."

The court heard that the woman started seeing the father of her four children — 16 years her senior — when she was "virtually a child" at age 14. She had her first child at 16.

She later began a cyber-sex relationship with a man and "became obsessed with sex." She would allow her daughter to view sexual videos the two sent to each other.

"From the start you characterized your behavior as some form of bizarre sex education with the child which did not involve sexual gratification from you... You were obsessed with sex and your life was in chaos," Robertson reportedly said.

He also said the mother, through her "selfish criminal conduct," had deprived her daughter of the right to "a wholesome and loving relationship with her mother."
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
trumps the greatest leader of all time.
Spoiler!


I don't need an amplifier I'm already big, best on any track call me the Stig - Shizzo

Dusty Nuggets Rusty Shackleford Cuntar
Manic! is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-17-2012, 01:41 PM   #169
I have named my kids VIC and VLS
 
Hondaracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Off-Topic
Posts: 33,152
Thanked 12,119 Times in 4,582 Posts
Quoting "laws" is a pretty weak argument, you ever go over the speed limit? Omg!
Posted via RS Mobile
Hondaracer is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-17-2012, 02:23 PM   #170
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS
 
Manic!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Nanaimo
Posts: 14,509
Thanked 6,324 Times in 2,982 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Quoting "laws" is a pretty weak argument, you ever go over the speed limit? Omg!
Posted via RS Mobile
So when you teach your kids to drive your going to tell them to speed?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
trumps the greatest leader of all time.
Spoiler!


I don't need an amplifier I'm already big, best on any track call me the Stig - Shizzo

Dusty Nuggets Rusty Shackleford Cuntar
Manic! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 02:27 PM   #171
My homepage has been set to RS
 
melloman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: #604
Posts: 2,267
Thanked 2,454 Times in 813 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor192 View Post
Perhaps you missed me mentioning several times my GF teaches this for a living.

BC already has comprehensive sex ed from K-12.
Thanks, becuase I'm going to take your girlfriends word as the word of god. You rely on facts, yet have none to show here.
__________________
Quote:
[17-03, 09:23] Amuro Ray is it normal for my dick to have things growing on it?
Quote:
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna You guise are like diet coke and I am the mentos
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna Incredible. How easy it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm scared of spiders... When I see one I toss my cats at it
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-17-2012, 04:01 PM   #172
I have named my kids VIC and VLS
 
Hondaracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Off-Topic
Posts: 33,152
Thanked 12,119 Times in 4,582 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
So when you teach your kids to drive your going to tell them to speed?
no, but it happens.. much like underage drinking
__________________
Dank memes cant melt steel beams
Hondaracer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 04:05 PM   #173
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
Excelsis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Lala land
Posts: 2,850
Thanked 3,628 Times in 718 Posts
... everyone speeds whether it's 1 km over the limit or more, no one cares either

driving dangerously is what matters

same thing with drugs and alcohol i guess, in moderation it's not going to hurt you

but at the same time it's immoral to teach a young kid that smoking and drinking is okay
Excelsis is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-17-2012, 05:23 PM   #174
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday
 
GabAlmighty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Coquitlam
Posts: 5,324
Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor192 View Post
LOL glad to know I have such an effect on you.

You'd do well to lighten up, its just sarcasm.
sar-cas-m?
__________________
'16 Ram 1500
GabAlmighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 05:29 PM   #175
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS
 
Manic!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Nanaimo
Posts: 14,509
Thanked 6,324 Times in 2,982 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
no, but it happens.. much like underage drinking
But are you going to help them do it.


Taylor I got you beat. My sister is a VP at a high school and councils children.

VP>Teacher
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
trumps the greatest leader of all time.
Spoiler!


I don't need an amplifier I'm already big, best on any track call me the Stig - Shizzo

Dusty Nuggets Rusty Shackleford Cuntar
Manic! is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net