REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-18-2012, 02:10 PM   #226
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor192 View Post
Its just more common there than most provinces. Feel free to get your panties in a bunch though.
What leads you to believe that? Have you lived there for any amount of time? Or is it just a hunch...
Advertisement
Old 01-18-2012, 03:37 PM   #227
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
Quote:
500+ people keg parties cause a lot of issues. Thankfully the police have a better attitude about this than a lot of people in this thread.
WOAH WOAH WOAH!! Watch out guys!!

Attachment 9749

Last edited by dinosaur; 06-08-2013 at 08:56 PM.
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-18-2012, 04:21 PM   #228
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,322 Times in 5,640 Posts
dinosaur, you're a clown.
Old 01-18-2012, 05:17 PM   #229
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor192
Except when the taxi brings Gridlock and dinosaur's kid home drunk there'll be lots of questions to be answered the next day as they raise hell for violating how they want to raise their children.
This is where I think taylor has a good argument.

For those parents that do not support this supervised drinking or dont want others to raise their children, dont get mad if it's YOUR kid that comes over to my party.

If you don't approve of these supervised partys, make sure you tell your kid not to come to these parties or events where alcohol will be consumed. Don't blame me your kid came to the party.

If you feel it's your job to raise your kid then he/she wont be coming to these parties based on your morals.
iEatClams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 06:20 PM   #230
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by azndude69 View Post
This is where I think taylor has a good argument.

For those parents that do not support this supervised drinking or dont want others to raise their children, dont get mad if it's YOUR kid that comes over to my party.

If you don't approve of these supervised partys, make sure you tell your kid not to come to these parties or events where alcohol will be consumed. Don't blame me your kid came to the party.

If you feel it's your job to raise your kid then he/she wont be coming to these parties based on your morals.
And 9 freaking pages later...I am for damned sure coming after you as you are an adult, and by virtue, a child under 16-17 is a minor!

I don't give a damn if the police don't usually bother with enforcing the laws, they will i

oh fuck it...no one is listening and no one cares. Talk in circles.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-18-2012, 06:21 PM   #231
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridlock View Post
And 9 freaking pages later...I am for damned sure coming after you as you are an adult, and by virtue, a child under 16-17 is a minor!

I don't give a damn if the police don't usually bother with enforcing the laws, they will i

I'm listening.
TOS'd is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-18-2012, 07:00 PM   #232
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:

okay, so you teach your kid that these events are bad and not acceptable.

if your 16-18 year old doesnt go, then great, no harm no foul. listens to parents, awesome.

But if your kid doesn't listen to you and still goes. . . .

and because it was supervised, they didnt drink and drive and die in a car accident or got caught up in some other trouble they would have gotten into if they were drinking at a park/others persons house/school etc.

so it's my fault I potentially saved ur kids life or prevented some other horrible event?
iEatClams is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-18-2012, 07:25 PM   #233
My homepage has been set to RS

dinosaur why the fail for azndude69? he made a legitimate point

gridlock and dinosaur you two have a funny relationship. are you guys married? in a civil union?

[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 i find that at vietnamese place they cut ur hair like they cut grass
[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 do u go to vietnamese places for haircuts
trancehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 07:44 PM   #234
Banned By Establishment

I failed b/c he missed the point of this thread...parent liability.

I think that whatever you want to do with your kid is fine...not my problem and not my right to judge. But, if a parent is allowing underage kids to drink, that are not his/her own, it is their responsibility to let the other parents know. I do not think it is right for that parent to make a judgement call on your kid. Thats it...simple.

No we are not married...but we might as well be. I run a little more liberal than Grid...I did all this shit when I was younger and grew-up in the Lower Mainland...Grid didn't. He was on the other side of the country on a farm so although I don't fully agree with have a kid abstain from EVERYTHING until he/she is 19, I agree that child-rearing decisions should be left up the that parent...not a friend's parent.
Old 01-18-2012, 09:06 PM   #235
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,105 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Don't worry gridlock and dinosaur will know where their kid is at all times. No way their kid will grow up as they did, sneaking behind their parents back to go drink. Never, not gonna happen.

taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 09:15 PM   #236
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
so it's my fault I potentially saved ur kids life or prevented some other horrible event?
You're arguing the wrong point. Gridlock and dinosaur are the type that blame everyone else for their problems.

Pick a situation where they cannot blame anyone, then see how they suddenly don't have an answer. Hopefully their kid won't be a statistic in one of my facts.
Old 01-18-2012, 09:24 PM   #237
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
You're arguing the wrong point. Gridlock and dinosaur are the type that blame everyone else for their problems.
Dude, what the fuck are you talking about?! When have I ever come across as a person who blames everyone else for my problems....and since you think you know so much about me, what are my problems?! What do I need to blame other for?

I'd like to know who you blame for being a self-righteous prick who has nothing better to do than troll these fucking threads spread your word like it it fucking gospel.
Old 01-18-2012, 09:28 PM   #238
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Hopefully their kid won't be a statistic in one of my facts.
And please...give me these "facts" again...the only thing I have read is your random misinformation that you have gathered from your gf teaching manuals meant for 9th graders....but then again, that would appeal to you seeing as you have the intellect of a 15 years old.

/thread.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-18-2012, 09:34 PM   #239
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,341 Times in 557 Posts
mods shoulda taken this to fightclub long ago...
PiuYi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-18-2012, 09:55 PM   #240
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiuYi View Post
mods shoulda taken this to fightclub long ago...
Perhaps, but Taylor entering threads, proceeding to flood it with his logic, failing to accept any validity in the logic of others or fault in that of his own, then the thread dying because everyone is sick of him is pretty common.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:15 PM   #241
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post

I think that whatever you want to do with your kid is fine...not my problem and not my right to judge. But, if a parent is allowing underage kids to drink, that are not his/her own, it is their responsibility to let the other parents know. I do not think it is right for that parent to make a judgement call on your kid. Thats it...simple.
But what then happens if you're aware of said party and forbid your kid to go... yet they sneak away and attend anyway.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-18-2012, 10:31 PM   #242
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,797 Times in 1,762 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
But what then happens if you're aware of said party and forbid your kid to go... yet they sneak away and attend anyway.
They'd say it's the hosting parents' responsibility to make sure their kid isn't involved.

But at the same time it pretty much proves that they don't have any control over their kids, and never instilled the right values in their kids in the first place.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-19-2012, 12:16 AM   #243
I am grateful grapefruit

I don't believe that logic works when you are the parent and the people you're giving alcohol to are minors. You're the person with authority in this relationship and you're basically the one deciding this child should drink alcohol.

I'm not talking about kids in college, 17/18 years old, but in an environment where they interact with many people a few years older than them - I personally believe that if someone is old enough to vote, they're old enough to drink. Same with the military - if you're old enough to serve your country (16 with parental permission), you should be old enough to drink.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:17 AM   #244
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post

I disagree with this, because you can't control the rest of the world. The other parent is under no obligation to tell you anything, and is not responsible for raising your kid.
Nightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 01:37 AM   #245
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
Straight thupard to the face.
Old 01-19-2012, 02:34 AM   #246
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
Quote:
okay, so you teach your kid that these events are bad and not acceptable.

if your 16-18 year old doesnt go, then great, no harm no foul. listens to parents, awesome.

But if your kid doesn't listen to you and still goes. . . .

and because it was supervised, they didnt drink and drive and die in a car accident or got caught up in some other trouble they would have gotten into if they were drinking at a park/others persons house/school etc.

you're assuming a lot there

what if a kid ended up having alcohol poisoning at your party? or overdosed on some shady E (as per recent events) or ended up drinking & driving and crashing/dying/killing someone?

what are you going to do then? "ooh not my problem, they got bad parents"

to answer your question, in a way, do you want a cookie that the potential risks luckily didn't happen tonight? regardless of your presence; because your argument is very much like "homeland security is succeeding because 9/11part2 didn't happen"

Last edited by StylinRed; 01-19-2012 at 02:45 AM.
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 07:06 AM   #247
Banned By Establishment

I think page 10 is the most annoying yet.

You guys are looking at black and white. OK...there is a huge difference for me, between a kid that is 12-16 and one that is 16-19 first of all. So maybe we should be specifying, because I'm looking at ages 12-16. Obviously, I'm not going to come down on a kid a day before its 19th birthday because you are 24 hours away from being legal. At which point, an 18-19 year old hanging in a safe place having a bit to drink is a vastly different scenario than my 13 year old.

Would you all agree to that?

So maybe we do need to specify a bit more. If my 12-14-15 year old comes home drunk, and says, "its ok, johnny's parents were there and they bought for us, whats the big deal man?" I'm going to be pissed because johnny's parents just undermined everything I've been doing. And for the people that are going to tear this apart: is your 16th birthday party going to be as fun if you've already been to party's where they are serving booze? No.

Here is where this thread is getting annoying. All of you computer parents here arguing about your would be kids are looking at this as black or white. Your kid is either going to drink anywhere, or in a safe parental provided location. But getting drunk in your minds is absolute. It's gonna happen.

Now, I know it occurs. But not every kid goes out and drinks every week, or every 2 weeks. So there is also a volume consideration here.

I'm thinking there is a shade of grey...not drinking. So I have Johnny's parents offering up a liquor friendly event and I have bobby's parents hosting an alcohol free party, specifically for the under 16 age group. Alcohol is not on every childs mind like a whino, but now they are decending upon a party where its present. Now we have a mix of kids, and experimentation. Which are they going to attend? Fuck, a few are going to be all over the beer, and others are going to say no because their parents will be pissed, and there will be a few kids that go with the group. Yes?

AND THAT IS WHAT IS ANNOYING. You are potentially introducing a new element to a childs life. Specifically the under 16 group. Not cool. At all.

So, can we find common ground that introducing alcohol is not a good thing?

Next...maybe we need to look at the child here. I've kept in my mind in this thread, my nephew. He's 15..good kid. Smart. Has a good eye for right and wrong. I know that in any decision, he sways with doing things right. I also know that at any point, he could be talked into trying shit that he shouldn't be trying. He's a good kid, but he's young for 15. Young in a great way! I don't want him to be an adult. He's got decades of that ahead of him. Be 15.

So, I know the kid. I don't think he's been drinking. Could always be wrong. I just don't get that its on his mind. Probably curious, but who can blame him. I've heard about his parties, and they seem pretty 15-esque.

So he's in your rec room. Going to hand him a beer? How about a joint?
Old 01-19-2012, 07:26 AM   #248
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,454 Times in 813 Posts
Can somebody close this thread?
[17-03, 09:23] Amuro Ray is it normal for my dick to have things growing on it?
Quote:
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna You guise are like diet coke and I am the mentos
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna Incredible. How easy it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm scared of spiders... When I see one I toss my cats at it
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-19-2012, 07:35 AM   #249
Banned By Establishment

Dude...this thread is just getting epic.
Old 01-19-2012, 07:46 AM   #250
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Now, I know it occurs. But not every kid goes out and drinks every week, or every 2 weeks. So there is also a volume consideration here.
All it takes is one time, especially the first time. That's not grey, that's black and white.

Quote:
So, I know the kid. I don't think he's been drinking. Could always be wrong.
I was a straight A+ student, 2nd highest marks in my school, played 3 sports and did all sorts of activities. I also hit a strip club for the first time when I was 15yo, and I was already drinking at least once a month at that time.

ad that's the point - you will NOT know, especially if you're a hard ass and they feel like they have to hide it from you.
This post FAILED by: