REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-23-2012, 08:34 PM   #326
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracist View Post
lol banned multiple times? the only time i've ever been banned in a period of 10 years on RS was asking for a boxing stream like 4 months ago.. glad i'm considered a racist though because of a fairly neutral stance i took on indians..

fuckin clowns
How very neutral.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracist View Post
I dunno I'm somewhat on his side as well, every Indian I've ever known has either tried to fuck over myself or someone I know, they are basically all losers who will scam even "friends" to get slightly ahead and the most successfull one I was ever aquainted to was pretty much the defintion of the word stereotype, nicknamed cheif, a full blown alcholic

I've got no time for em as well
Posted via RS Mobile
Advertisement

Last edited by MindBomber; 01-23-2012 at 08:52 PM.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-23-2012, 08:43 PM   #327
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post
How very neutral.
Win!
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 09:23 PM   #328
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,105 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridlock View Post
I am compelled to ask you about strawberry vaginas. Are they on sale this week?
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 09:29 PM   #329
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
I don't think Gridlock and Dino should receive points, they've presented and conducted themselves well throughout the thread and having discussed it with other members, I Known, I am not alone in that opinion.
I don't think anyone deserves points. I'm a big boy, I can take it and dish it out.

Quote:
You however, should have been banned multiple times for your racist statements.
I've gotten an infraction for a not-so-humourous comment about Iranians, so I'm sure the mods would have punted him if it was that bad.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:42 PM   #330
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,910 Times in 3,872 Posts
Looks like the stupid has come up to Kelowna as well. Fuck what a dumb bitch of a mother Closing time for party bus - Kelowna News - Castanet.net
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 09:47 PM   #331
Wanna have a threesome?

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor192 View Post
I've gotten an infraction for a not-so-humourous comment about Iranians, so I'm sure the mods would have punted him if it was that bad.
Since this thread has digressed so far from the original topic, I might as well address this further.

It's a forum, moderators aren't always entirely consistent in their evaluation of posts nor are all reviewed, which is to be expected considering they are volunteers.

A prime example would be the below quote from Ronin, it is one of the most racist statements I have ever personally encountered and not only did it not receive points, but he's a moderator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Sorry but the Natives are a lost cause and the government should just cut them off. It's a waste of money and resources.

Seriously, give them nothing...what are they going to do about it? Go to war? If they don't like it, they'll have to make something of themselves. If not then they'll just be another extinct race that won't be missed anywhere. You never hear anyone say "Damn, I wish the Aztecs weren't wiped out."

No one will care. They've made few contributions to the human race and are a drain on society.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-23-2012, 10:24 PM   #332
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
A prime example would be the below quote from Ronin, it is one of the most racist statements I have ever personally encountered and not only did it not receive points, but he's a moderator.
You may not like it, yet its not racist.

One of my favourite authors, Desmond Morris, studies humans. One of his books starts off with why he doesn't study certain humans - any society not moving forward is doing something wrong.

I would cut our losses too... yet that's another topic.
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-23-2012, 10:38 PM   #333
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Old 01-23-2012, 10:53 PM   #334
Wanna have a threesome?

Quote:
You may not like it, yet its not racist.

One of my favourite authors, Desmond Morris, studies humans. One of his books starts off with why he doesn't study certain humans - any society not moving forward is doing something wrong.

I would cut our losses too... yet that's another topic.
Ronin is a racist, that comment is clearly motivated as a result of prejudice against native people stemming from inaccurate and baseless assumptions.

Native people in Canada were subjected to a unique attempt at moral cultural genocide through residential schools for more than a century, and in an attempt to preserve and re-assert what culture was not destroyed continue to live on the ancestral lands provided by the government. Those lands are more often than not, valueless hell holes that have no practical use, but allow the community to stay together and that is fundamentally important in re-discovering native languages and other parts of our cultural heritage which have almost entirely been lost. While you, with an uneducated knowledge base, may believe Native people are not progressing as a society, as a people we fight to harder than any other group in Canada to embrace our culture and correct the problems that were created by the government. It's only been a few decades since Native people began gaining equality and huge strides have been made since then. Reserves in areas with land value have consistently utilized it brilliantly, many reserves are dry and that policy is strictly enforced to break the three century old cycle of alcoholism, we arguably produce more artists per capita than any other group, I could go on.
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-24-2012, 06:22 AM   #335
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,322 Times in 5,640 Posts
Yea we heard your residential school spiel before, people cried, people laughed, we got it.
Posted via RS Mobile
Hondaracer is online now   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-24-2012, 07:13 AM   #336
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Ronin is a racist, that comment is clearly motivated as a result of prejudice against native people stemming from inaccurate and baseless assumptions.
I'm assuming that you're Aboriginal, yet not everyone who disagrees with you is going to be "baseless".

Quote:
residential schools
We cannot endlessly apologize and give retribution for past atrocities. Our legal system doesn't work that way. Make your case, take what the court decides and move on. Enough already, we wonder why many Canadians have disdain for Aboriginals.

Moving on.
Quote:
While you, with an uneducated knowledge base, may believe Native people are not progressing as a society, as a people we fight to harder than any other group in Canada to embrace our culture and correct the problems that were created by the government.
Your definition of "progress" defers from mine, and thus why you're going to assume comments are racist. My definition of "progress" is advancing culture through innovation, technology, ... while yours seems to be "expanding cultural awareness".

You can expand cultural awareness all you want, if you're not keeping up with modern society, you're not progressing and offer little value other than a history lesson.

Now don't take that to be "hate" aka "racism". I appreciate aboriginal culture, yet look around, almost every culture is adapting and changing to our modern world. Even your culture is... more below:

Quote:
Those lands are more often than not, valueless hell holes that have no practical use, but allow the community to stay together and that is fundamentally important in re-discovering native languages and other parts of our cultural heritage which have almost entirely been lost.
We live in the most multicultural society in the world. Many cultures have found roots here and built thriving communities without government assistance - why not Aboriginals?

I watched a documentary on the "urban reserve" a way to preserve the Aboriginal culture in urban environments without the need to be isolated in remote communities. You'll notice Canadians have shifted from rural to urban, with 80% of us living in urban centres - perhaps its time for the Aboriginal culture to "progress" and make this transition too.

Its a money losing effort to continually support remote communities, Aboriginal or otherwise.

Quote:
It's only been a few decades since Native people began gaining equality and huge strides have been made since then.
Great, now instead of looking outwards, try looking inwards and fix those problems. Your communities have leaders making 6 figures (http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/a...accountability) while 6 families sleep in a single house. If the people you chose to govern didn't rob from your own coffers, there would be more money to go around. Those 6 figure salaries build a lot of houses in remote areas.

Speaking of waste. One of my best buddies growing up was aboriginal. His family was no different than any other family in my small town, in fact they were among the better off as his parents had great jobs. When he went to university he received a subsidy cause he was aboriginal - even though he clearly did not need it. Again - another example of misappropriated funds which could be used to better these remote communities.

There are ~1.5 million Aboriginals in Canada, and we spend $8B+ supporting them meanwhile Aboriginals receive tax breaks Canadians do not. On average, each Aboriginal receives a couple $Ks a year in assistance. I can buy a nice house in rural Ontario for $50K, with a mortgage that works out to ~$250/mn or ~$3K/yr. For the money we're paying, each Aboriginal family should be able to own their own house. I know the money is spent on other things - yet its just to highlight that problems could be fixed if the Aboriginal government wanted it to be - instead they prefer to ask for more money.

I know you are not going to like my opinion, as essentially its the same as Ronin's yet hopefully you can see where it comes from and that its not "baseless assumptions".

Last edited by taylor192; 01-24-2012 at 07:25 AM.
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-24-2012, 07:21 AM   #337
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,454 Times in 813 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridlock View Post
I am compelled to ask you about strawberry vaginas. Are they on sale this week?
Quote:
Gird. taylor clearly has some strawberry vaginas, maybe you can have some of his?
[17-03, 09:23] Amuro Ray is it normal for my dick to have things growing on it?
Quote:
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna You guise are like diet coke and I am the mentos
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna Incredible. How easy it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm scared of spiders... When I see one I toss my cats at it
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 07:36 AM   #338
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Yea we heard your residential school spiel before, people cried, people laughed, we got it.
Posted via RS Mobile
HondaRacist strikes again with his "neutral stance" on aboriginals.
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-24-2012, 07:54 AM   #339
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,322 Times in 5,640 Posts
*yawn
Posted via RS Mobile
Hondaracer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:23 AM   #340
Wanna have a threesome?

Quote:
I'm assuming that you're Aboriginal, yet not everyone who disagrees with you is going to be "baseless".

We cannot endlessly apologize and give retribution for past atrocities. Our legal system doesn't work that way. Make your case, take what the court decides and move on. Enough already, we wonder why many Canadians have disdain for Aboriginals.
Aboriginals have been looked down upon as a lower class of society in Canada since long before government began making retributions, much of the surviving racism is not simple resentment against disproportionately high funding, but surviving remnants of views from another era.

Quote:
Your definition of "progress" defers from mine, and thus why you're going to assume comments are racist. My definition of "progress" is advancing culture through innovation, technology, ... while yours seems to be "expanding cultural awareness".
I agree, innovation, technology and et cetera are essential components of progressing as a culture and establishing ourselves in the modern world. Prior to that however, Aboriginal people need to heal as a society, tackling the problems of alcoholism, drug abuse and suicide are the first steps that sadly must be taken. It does not take a single generation to eliminate the destructive patterns that have developed in our communities, it is something that is more often than not passed on from parent to child and breaking that cycle is immensely difficult. Only two generations have matured since residential schools were no longer mandatory, I would argue that tremendous progress has been made.

Quote:
You can expand cultural awareness all you want, if you're not keeping up with modern society, you're not progressing and offer little value other than a history lesson.

Now don't take that to be "hate" aka "racism". I appreciate aboriginal culture, yet look around, almost every culture is adapting and changing to our modern world. Even your culture is... more below:
Cultural is part of the healing process, it's not been made such a priority for I hate to use this example, but it's like drug addicts who become evangelicals.

Quote:
We live in the most multicultural society in the world. Many cultures have found roots here and built thriving communities without government assistance - why not Aboriginals?
Certainly, my girlfriends Oma and Opa came to Canada from Holland post world war two, they've since built a thriving business and own millions in real estate. They received little, if any, government assistance. The difference is that they didn't have parents who drank, did drugs, abandoned them and had life skills passed down to them as a result. Those life skills were largely missing from several generations of Aboriginal people, because of the atrocities that occurred, since the atrocities were part of government policy it would seem reasonable that assistance be granted while we rebuild.

Quote:
I watched a documentary on the "urban reserve" a way to preserve the Aboriginal culture in urban environments without the need to be isolated in remote communities. You'll notice Canadians have shifted from rural to urban, with 80% of us living in urban centres - perhaps its time for the Aboriginal culture to "progress" and make this transition too.

Its a money losing effort to continually support remote communities, Aboriginal or otherwise.
I wouldn't disagree with the idea that transitioning away from a rural lifestyle could be beneficial to many communities, it is a very reasonable statement. The connection that Aboriginal people hold to their traditional land is very important however, it would be difficult for many communities to up route and move to a more urban environment, it's something that is difficult to comprehend for someone from a different background I think.

What I, as well as many community leaders believe and having been pushing towards for several years is that rural reserves need to develop viable business strategies to bring jobs to the remote regions they live in. Programs like that have slowly been expanding and growing in number for several years, see, we are progressing.

Quote:
Great, now instead of looking outwards, try looking inwards and fix those problems. Your communities have leaders making 6 figures (Canada News: Exorbitant salaries among aboriginal chiefs renew calls for accountability - thestar.com) while 6 families sleep in a single house. If the people you chose to govern didn't rob from your own coffers, there would be more money to go around. Those 6 figure salaries build a lot of houses in remote areas.
There are internal issues that need to be dealt with, but largely community leaders show tremendous dedication and abuse of power is an exception to the rule, not the standard. As well, Chief's on extremely financially successful reserves act not only as community, but business leaders and the pay levels are justified in those cases.

The majority of Cheifs earn less than $30k a year.

Quote:
Nine chiefs — whose salaries are tax free — earned more than the take-home pay of federal cabinet ministers and 30 earned more than the provincial premiers. Five others earned nothing at all, while 77 chiefs received less than $30,000.
Quote:
Speaking of waste. One of my best buddies growing up was aboriginal. His family was no different than any other family in my small town, in fact they were among the better off as his parents had great jobs. When he went to university he received a subsidy cause he was aboriginal - even though he clearly did not need it. Again - another example of misappropriated funds which could be used to better these remote communities.

There are ~1.5 million Aboriginals in Canada, and we spend $8B+ supporting them meanwhile Aboriginals receive tax breaks Canadians do not. On average, each Aboriginal receives a couple $Ks a year in assistance. I can buy a nice house in rural Ontario for $50K, with a mortgage that works out to ~$250/mn or ~$3K/yr. For the money we're paying, each Aboriginal family should be able to own their own house. I know the money is spent on other things - yet its just to highlight that problems could be fixed if the Aboriginal government wanted it to be - instead they prefer to ask for more money.
Government allocates those funds, Aboriginal people frequently request funds be used differently and are outright ignored by government. That might be in the news this week actually.

Quote:
I know you are not going to like my opinion, as essentially its the same as Ronin's yet hopefully you can see where it comes from and that its not "baseless assumptions".
I can respect your opinions, because you have legitimate reasoning behind them. Ronin however, made statements far worse than yours repeatedly, he is a racist.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-24-2012, 10:38 AM   #341
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

I love how this went from parent approved partying to now what was the "Free Alcohol Lounge" thread I had created a while back where it was Dinosaur, Gridlock, and Mindbomber pointing the racist finger who didnt agree with them.

What did natives have to do with parent approved partying. maybe the three of you need to stop bringing up that shit topic seems like you two have an obsession with natives. maybe you should put your pay cheque to support them or maybe grid and dino can give them proper housin since you guys do property management.
toyobaru is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-24-2012, 10:42 AM   #342
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
I can respect your opinions, because you have legitimate reasoning behind them.
Cool. and vice versa, you'll notice I kept my replies clean, cause I enjoy discussion with knowledgeable people - its the best way to learn!

Quote:
I could debate a topic with Marco for pages, but you, not so much.
I think we could debate for pages on this topic (with the exception of the occasional bad Indian joke, no way I could resist that) yet I'll leave it for another thread, we're already very far off topic
Old 01-24-2012, 11:01 AM   #343
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

prohibition causes abuse in the substance imo. teach responsibility and safe practices and let your kid decide. Educate them properly of the risks and if they're dumb enough to do something stupid or hang around idiots it's their own fault and you can kick them out when they're 18.

if my kid asked i'd tell them to gtfo and do it at someone elses house and let it be someone elses headache
s2upid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:33 AM   #344
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndicated View Post
I love how this went from parent approved partying to now what was the "Free Alcohol Lounge" thread I had created a while back where it was Dinosaur, Gridlock, and Mindbomber pointing the racist finger who didnt agree with them.

What did natives have to do with parent approved partying. maybe the three of you need to stop bringing up that shit topic seems like you two have an obsession with natives. maybe you should put your pay cheque to support them or maybe grid and dino can give them proper housin since you guys do property management.
Dude, what the fuck does this have to do with me?? I didn't turn this into a discussion about racism and aboriginal issues! I tried to keep this on-topic pages back and gave up when it became a shit show...wtf?!
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-24-2012, 11:35 AM   #345
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
Quote:
yet I'll leave it for another thread, we're already very far off topic
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 12:06 PM   #346
Banned By Establishment

Well Syndicated, I'm so glad that the scarce resource of text on a forum is being monitored by you.

You know, as you mentioned, the same players take the same opposite stance on many issues, so maybe this should just be the thread where we just debate the shit on hand today. I think we all agree that Parent Approved Partying is a horse that's been beaten, turned into glue, used to make a table, then being discarded, being turned into a fire, that the ashes are thrown a....you get the point.

BTW, it kinda was MindBomber that mentioned HondaRacist's rampant racism(say that 3 times fast) Sorry to throw you under the bus MB. HondaRacist then tried to defend himself on his neutral stance, which was summarily crushed and off we go to page 14.

I say this with love, but if the thread disturbs you that much. Don't read it.

Other than a few people being called an uneducated cunt, and stupid(oh wait, that was all directed at the same person!) no one has truly been offended, but I'm sure the "I hate natives" crowd will pop by soon to make that happen.

Last edited by Gridlock; 01-24-2012 at 02:03 PM.
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-24-2012, 01:23 PM   #347
Banned (ABWS)

I see "rageguy" is on a fail spree, lets see if he can keep this going another page.
Old 01-24-2012, 01:31 PM   #348
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
I see "rageguy" is on a fail spree, lets see if he can keep this going another page.
I just discovered this thread. Taylor192, your opinions are completely valid. However, the other side of the argument (grid, dino, etc etc) are just as valid. You guys have different parenting styles. One side is more liberal and the other is not. There is no point in continuing this debate because you guys are mentally locked to your own sides.

I do however disagree with taylor's attitude in all 14 pages. Every single one of your posts contain educated argument but gives off a very snobby and stubborn attitude. That is why this thread went to 14 pages.
Old 01-24-2012, 01:53 PM   #349
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rageguy View Post
I just discovered this thread. Taylor192, your opinions are completely valid. However, the other side of the argument (grid, dino, etc etc) are just as valid. You guys have different parenting styles. One side is more liberal and the other is not. There is no point in continuing this debate because you guys are mentally locked to your own sides.

I do however disagree with taylor's attitude in all 14 pages. Every single one of your posts contain educated argument but gives off a very snobby and stubborn attitude. That is why this thread went to 14 pages.
Its funny that the "liberal" and "effective" viewpoint supported by studies and common sense is also "stubborn".

I don't think "ineffective" arguments are valid - yet lots of people go about the daily lives being "ineffective" so be it, yet they shouldn't argue being "ineffective" is the "smart thing to do".
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-24-2012, 01:58 PM   #350
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by rageguy View Post

Every single thread, every single post from what I noticed. Must be difficult perching on top of a 7 billion person pile.