REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-29-2019, 09:36 AM   #851
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,437 Times in 376 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC_BAWS View Post
Good point, I don't have Fido/Rogers, so I don't use it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
You can apply the cashback on a number of different things now. I am not certain on the categories as they are very broad... but these stores I've made purchases at in the past month were eligible: Cambodian Tire, Landmark Cinemas, Costco, Amazon, Uniqlo.
Advertisement
'06 BMW 330i [RIP]

'02 BMW M3
'99 Honda Civic SIR [sold]
'19 Civic Type R[sold]
'22 MINI Cooper SE
My Photojournal: simplexcars
Simplex123 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-29-2019, 01:36 PM   #852
Banned By Establishment

A lot of people think they need to be a Rogers or Fido client to get the credit card but you don't. You can apply the cashback to anything anytime as long as you have $20 to apply and the transaction is more then $20
Old 10-29-2019, 02:13 PM   #853
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,533 Times in 1,520 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Milk View Post
A lot of people think they need to be a Rogers or Fido client to get the credit card but you don't. You can apply the cashback to anything anytime as long as you have $20 to apply and the transaction is more then $20

Well shit. I applied for the wrong CC then. Rogers/Fido would be the better card, because you can still get 1.25% CB on all other transactions. Whereas Amazon is 0%. And Rogers/Fido has 3% CB on FX, so net 0.5%
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||

Last edited by BIC_BAWS; 10-29-2019 at 03:34 PM.
BIC_BAWS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 02:32 PM   #854
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,189 Times in 362 Posts
Some recent cards of mine:

PC World Elite... 3.5% back on groceries and discounts on Mobil gas

RBC WestJet MC... $250 westjet dollars, FYF, and Silver status as promo.

Using WJ Silver, you can challenge Air Canada Altitude 25K which requires 4 segments in 90 days. Benefits of AC 25k include no fuel surcharges on AP redemption.

TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite for the signup bonus that you can use along with that new AP 25k Altitude status
AstulzerRZD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 03:48 PM   #855
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Well shit. I applied for the wrong CC then. Rogers/Fido would be the better card, because you can still get 1.25% CB on all other transactions. Whereas Amazon is 0%. And Rogers/Fido has 3% CB on FX, so net 0.5%
If you qualify for the World Elite version, then you'll get 1.75% CB on everything and 4% CB on foreign currency transactions
Old 10-30-2019, 09:03 AM   #856
G
Banned (BBM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstulzerRZD View Post

RBC WestJet MC... $250 westjet dollars, FYF, and Silver status as promo.

Using WJ Silver, you can challenge Air Canada Altitude 25K which requires 4 segments in 90 days. Benefits of AC 25k include no fuel surcharges on AP redemption.

TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite for the signup bonus that you can use along with that new AP 25k Altitude status
What do you mean "you can use along with that new AP 25k altitude status"? The bonus applies to it?
G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 09:08 AM   #857

Quote:
Originally Posted by G View Post
What do you mean "you can use along with that new AP 25k altitude status"? The bonus applies to it?
Ah as in, if you did the previous steps (RBC Silver > Aeroplan Altitude 25k status) then the TD Visa Infinite Aeroplan signon bonus would be really valuable since you wouldn't need to pay carrier surcharge within Canada & US
Old 10-30-2019, 09:39 AM   #858
G
Banned (BBM)

Quote:
Ah as in, if you did the previous steps (RBC Silver > Aeroplan Altitude 25k status) then the TD Visa Infinite Aeroplan signon bonus would be really valuable since you wouldn't need to pay carrier surcharge within Canada & US
I thought AP changed the Altitude 25k status? On my dashboard I need a combination of:

Altitude Qualifying Miles (25,000 Miles) or Altitude Qualifying Segments (25 Segments) AND Altitude Qualifying Dollars ($3,000)

G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 11:54 AM   #859

Quote:

Does the discount on gas and cashback on gas still work Stateside?
Old 10-30-2019, 12:41 PM   #860

Quote:
Originally Posted by G View Post
I thought AP changed the Altitude 25k status? On my dashboard I need a combination of:

Altitude Qualifying Miles (25,000 Miles) or Altitude Qualifying Segments (25 Segments) AND Altitude Qualifying Dollars ($3,000)

Since I have a WestJet Silver status, they were looking for 4 qualifying segments within 90 days for the AP Altitude 25k status challenge
This post thanked by:
G
Old 10-30-2019, 12:42 PM   #861

Quote:
Does the discount on gas and cashback on gas still work Stateside?
Not that I'm aware. I have a different set of cards for the US.
Working towards the Chase Sapphire Reserve here.
Old 12-01-2019, 05:10 AM   #862
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 8,725 Times in 3,141 Posts
So i havent started xmas shopping yet, but so far ive spent over 90k on my HSBC premier mastercard this year alone. at a lousy 1 percent cash back, i seem to be getting a shitty deal here.

thinking of switching to points card instead but will they give me a card with at least a 50k limit from the get-go? even if i dont bank with them?
Badhobz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 10:13 AM   #863

Thanked 4,069 Times in 1,253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
So i havent started xmas shopping yet, but so far ive spent over 90k on my HSBC premier mastercard this year alone. at a lousy 1 percent cash back, i seem to be getting a shitty deal here.

thinking of switching to points card instead but will they give me a card with at least a 50k limit from the get-go? even if i dont bank with them?
better switch over your banking

what if hong kong separates, hongers gonna steal your money

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-01-2019, 10:26 AM   #864

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post

Check out: https://www.reddit.com/r/churningcanada/

I think you can gain a BUNCH of points from doing their AMEX tutorial. Plus you actually qualify for Black card

If not, alternatively Cashback cards from AMEX are fat. 10% CB on first 6 mo, on first $6000, AMEX Preferred (lmk if you want referral for this one).

AMEX will defs give you a high CC limit, they gave my broke ass 20K LOL
This post thanked by:
Old 12-01-2019, 10:30 AM   #865
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 8,725 Times in 3,141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yray View Post
better switch over your banking

what if hong kong separates, hongers gonna steal your money
It’s Hong Kong Shanghai Banking Commerce. Plus it’s British owned. So unless the brits go tits up (uhhhh........... likely) then I gotta move all my garbage out. The bullshit banks are only insured for 100k an account.
Badhobz is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-01-2019, 11:10 AM   #866
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Check out: https://www.reddit.com/r/churningcanada/
Plus you actually qualify for Black card
Isn't it minimum 150k annual spend to qualify for Centurion?
Infiniti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 12:12 PM   #867
2013, 2016, 2017 & 2018 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion

Thanked 1,245 Times in 575 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiniti View Post
Isn't it minimum 150k annual spend to qualify for Centurion?
No lol..it’s much more than that. I put that amount on my plat and nothing, I think it’s easily 250k++

They’ve also upped the annual fee to 5K
HonestTea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 01:10 PM   #868
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,365 Times in 5,658 Posts
Looking to dump my Platinum Avion, Never use it and don’t want to pay the $150 annual fee anymore.

Are there any other Visa reward cards that offer better cash back or point system that include travel insurance for free or a cheaper annual fee?
Old 12-01-2019, 01:49 PM   #869

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Looking to dump my Platinum Avion, Never use it and don’t want to pay the $150 annual fee anymore.

Are there any other Visa reward cards that offer better cash back or point system that include travel insurance for free or a cheaper annual fee?
I'm kinda on the same boat. I have the RBC Infinite Avion, pay $120 annual fee. Gonna call them before it renews and say I want to cancel, I heard they may just waive the annual fee to keep you.

I also have the mastercard worldelite, annual fee is waived since I maintain that monthly balance in my account. RBC don't offer that fee waived.
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-01-2019, 02:42 PM   #870
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post

The big banks all have premium credit card fee waived between $120-$150 if you have their top tier chequing account. TD, CIBC, BMO, and Scotia will waived the monthly chequing account fees if you keep a minimum amount in there. At RBC you still have to pay the monthly chequing account fees. But since you’re looking for a Visa then you don’t have to look at BMO.
Old 12-01-2019, 03:36 PM   #871

Yea we do our baking with Vancity now so may have to look into their cards
Old 12-01-2019, 03:37 PM   #872

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro7r View Post
I'm kinda on the same boat. I have the RBC Infinite Avion, pay $120 annual fee. Gonna call them before it renews and say I want to cancel, I heard they may just waive the annual fee to keep you.

I also have the mastercard worldelite, annual fee is waived since I maintain that monthly balance in my account. RBC don't offer that fee waived.
I called them up last year and threatened to cancel and they didn’t budge, probably because I never use the card lol
Old 02-20-2020, 04:33 PM   #873
Banned By Establishment

It was gonna happen sooner or later but the Rogers World Elite MasterCard is getting devalued on June 2. You also have to spend a minimum $15K annually or they will downgrade your card to Platinum.

https://www.rogersbank.com/legaldocs...orld_elite.pdf

Quote:
You will earn:• 3% in cash back rewards on all your eligible purchases made in U.S. dollars (previously 4% on all eligible purchases made in any foreign currency)1• 1.5% in cash back rewards on all other eligible purchases (previously 2% on Rogers products and services and 1.75% on all other eligible purchases)
Quote:
Starting June 2, 2020, Rogers World Elite Mastercard accounts must have an annual minimum spend (i.e. the total of Purchases made, less any Purchase returns) of at least $15,000 posted to the Account during each annual review period in order to maintain your eligibility for the Account. An annual review period commences on August 1st of a year and ends on July 31st of the following year, with the first annual review period commencing on August 1, 2020. If you have not maintained the annual minimum spend during an annual review period, we reserve the right to switch the Account to another Rogers Bank credit card product on or after November 1st in the next ensuing annual review period without any impact to the rewards earned up to the date of the switch. This means that you may lose the insurance coverages and other premium benefits that are exclusive to the Rogers World Elite Mastercard account and that you will be switched to the new card's Rewards program. Accounts open for less than 18 months prior to the end of any annual review period will not need to meet the annual minimum spend requirement for that annual review period. You will retain the full value of your Rewards earned prior to June 2, 2020.
Old 02-20-2020, 05:36 PM   #874
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,390 Times in 1,233 Posts
Quote:
It was gonna happen sooner or later but the Rogers World Elite MasterCard is getting devalued on June 2. You also have to spend a minimum $15K annually or they will downgrade your card to Platinum.

Ok, I can easily spend the 15K a year, but WTF is this Bullshit?

3% in cash back rewards on all your eligible purchases made in U.S. dollars (previously 4% on all eligible purchases made in any foreign currency)

So now we don't get any cash back for foreign currency other than US dollars? That's pretty much the only reason I got this card.

I knew it was too good to last

Did you get this in the mail? I haven't gotten any notification of this change yet.

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-20-2020, 06:55 PM   #875
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,022 Times in 450 Posts
Quote:

All good things come to an end. Thanks for the heads up.
Spoon is online now   Reply With Quote