REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   NHL IS BACK! The Official 2012/2013 Canucks & NHL Thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/669494-nhl-back-official-2012-2013-canucks-nhl-thread.html)

murd0c 06-14-2012 08:49 AM

I'm just getting so excited. Is it July 1st yet?

Gumby 06-14-2012 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darthchilli (Post 7946480)
doesnt matter how shitty Raymond played last year,
one does not simply let a player "walk"

What I mean is - I'm surprised the Canucks are interested in re-signing Raymond at a price tag of $2.21 million.

highfive 06-14-2012 09:01 AM

If Raymond can score 20 goals or so. I be happy to keep him for $2.21 million. Put him as a third line guy who can step in on the first two lines if there's any injuries. Plus he played centre for a while before.

THAT or Gillis can always trade him.

411ken 06-14-2012 10:00 AM

Kinda off topic but I was Jus browsing our previous draftees and ran into Patrick white lol.. he's actually lighting it up in Germany LOL. 40gp. 32g 38a 70pts Haha.

kristianhay 06-14-2012 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murd0c (Post 7947201)
I'm just getting so excited. Is it July 1st yet?

If you're talking about the draft, it's June 22/23 (next Fri/Sat).

SumAznGuy 06-14-2012 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kristianhay (Post 7947261)
If you're talking about the draft, it's June 22/23 (next Fri/Sat).

No, free agency starts on July 1.

kristianhay 06-14-2012 10:55 AM

^

Okay yeah! Just wasn't sure if he was talking about the draft or free agency.

Hondaracer 06-14-2012 11:03 AM

Expecting Raymond to score 20 goals as a third liner is a pipe dream..

And who knows if Booth is even a second liner

Tim Budong 06-14-2012 11:37 AM

I clearly did remember Gillis saying he has confidence Raymond will find his stride..

anyways
Patrick White..garbage for Ehrhoff

that is awesome
haha

Not really racist! 06-14-2012 11:58 AM

do want garisson in FA

411ken 06-14-2012 04:16 PM

I'm excited for draft day right now and see what happens. Will gillis be making any minor trades or blockbuster. Im so curious as to what will happen to Lu.. if anything happens at all

Ronin 06-14-2012 05:39 PM

Taking Raymond to arbitration tells me the Canucks are looking to trade him. Arbitration is a dirty, dirty affair. Even normal arbitration is mud-slinging fun where the team basically has to line out reasons why the player isn't worth as much as he thinks he is. No one wins most of the time as feelings are hurt and most of the time, one part or both wants a change.

This cutback arbitration must be even worse. Basically the Canucks are going to an independent arbitrator to tell them why Raymond isn't even worth the qualifying offer...not even the possibility that he makes only what he makes now. No, they went to the trouble of doing this all for the possibility of cutting Raymond's salary by about 10-15%.

If the Canucks just let Raymond walk, they get nothing and teams would probably have to pony up at least what he makes now to sign him. No guarantees that Raymond even signs with the Canucks but by taking him to arbitration, they lock in a contract and they increase Raymond's trade value by decreasing his cap hit. I expect Gillis to get a mid-round pick out of this. MayRay is still young and had a 25-goal season...some GM must see some value in him while we just see him fall down in the corners.

tiger_handheld 06-14-2012 05:49 PM

We need some good Canadian kids from Ontario and the Prairies.

Renthal 06-14-2012 05:50 PM

just for shits from the UFA list :troll:

Fabian Brunnstrom Detroit Red Wings 11-12 hit $600,000

Mikael Samuelsson Florida Panthers $2,500,000

Bryan Allen Carolina Hurricanes $2,900,000

Todd Bertuzzi Detroit Red Wings $1,937,500

Ryan Shannon Tampa Bay Lightning $625,000

lol...
Steve Bernier - 525,000

DanHibiki 06-14-2012 05:53 PM

bring back allen!

Gh0stRider 06-14-2012 06:15 PM

Ryan Suter’s wish list doesn’t include Flyers, Eastern Conference

Quote:

According to a well-placed source, Suter has a potential list of clubs he would be willing to talk to even if his rights were traded before July 1. Suter is represented by Neil Sheehy.
Alas, the Flyers are not one of them.
In fact, the source said, all of Suter's preferred destinations, should he leave the Predators, are in the Western Conference — not the East. Detroit is generally conceded to be his top choice.
The Detroit Red Wings, of course, have a bit of a hole to fill on their blue line.
Ryan Suter

6thGear. 06-14-2012 07:08 PM

in for updates

Mike Oxbig 06-14-2012 07:12 PM

I hope suter and parise goes to minnisota fans over there deserves some star players

MR_BIGGS 06-14-2012 09:54 PM

This thread is off to a slow start, but should pick up by end of next week. Can't wait.

Hondaracer 06-14-2012 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin (Post 7947629)
Taking Raymond to arbitration tells me the Canucks are looking to trade him. Arbitration is a dirty, dirty affair. Even normal arbitration is mud-slinging fun where the team basically has to line out reasons why the player isn't worth as much as he thinks he is. No one wins most of the time as feelings are hurt and most of the time, one part or both wants a change.

This cutback arbitration must be even worse. Basically the Canucks are going to an independent arbitrator to tell them why Raymond isn't even worth the qualifying offer...not even the possibility that he makes only what he makes now. No, they went to the trouble of doing this all for the possibility of cutting Raymond's salary by about 10-15%.

If the Canucks just let Raymond walk, they get nothing and teams would probably have to pony up at least what he makes now to sign him. No guarantees that Raymond even signs with the Canucks but by taking him to arbitration, they lock in a contract and they increase Raymond's trade value by decreasing his cap hit. I expect Gillis to get a mid-round pick out of this. MayRay is still young and had a 25-goal season...some GM must see some value in him while we just see him fall down in the corners.

his stats say he isnt worth 2.4...

if he was awarded equal or more than that I think the Canucks would walk away, and i hope they would

Raymonds high point was 24 goals, a player like him who is also damaged goods is not what the Canucks need to get back to the finals, period.

the other problem with him is if he isnt in the top 6, can he play a physical or even energy role as a bottom 6? im not sure he could do that either

kwy 06-14-2012 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Earl (Post 7947725)
I hope suter and parise goes to minnisota fans over there deserves some star players

I don't. If Minnesota is in our division next year we would have to deal with them..

AzNightmare 06-14-2012 10:38 PM

Raymond definitely can't play a physical type game...

GrapeDrink 06-14-2012 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hondaracer (Post 7947930)
his stats say he isnt worth 2.4...

if he was awarded equal or more than that I think the Canucks would walk away, and i hope they would

Raymonds high point was 24 goals, a player like him who is also damaged goods is not what the Canucks need to get back to the finals, period.

the other problem with him is if he isnt in the top 6, can he play a physical or even energy role as a bottom 6? im not sure he could do that either

I don't really understand how the whole arbitration process works but from what I read from the vancouversun, Canucks lost their walkaway rights and have to accept whatever they give mayray because they filed it instead of the other way around.

noots 06-14-2012 11:07 PM

That's true. Unlike regular arbitration decisions, if the Canucks let it get that far, they will have to sign Raymond at that offer.

However they will still be able to trade him immediately after if they choose according to Dreger

Vale46Rossi 06-14-2012 11:42 PM

FUCK didn't make the early pages like last year!

Well I'm pretty excited. Gonna renew the season pass this year and ...

LETS GO CANUCKS !