REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   NHL IS BACK! The Official 2012/2013 Canucks & NHL Thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/669494-nhl-back-official-2012-2013-canucks-nhl-thread.html)

JesseBlue 06-21-2012 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayare604 (Post 7954272)
I rather us trade 1 of them for an asset that could help us. For example, a top 6 forward, top 4 RS D, etc

i'd rather have two excellent goalie tandem that will help in us wiining the cup

jeedee 06-21-2012 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JesseBlue (Post 7954850)
i'd rather have two excellent goalie tandem that will help in us wiining the cup

Too bad that didn't work out last season.

I'd rather trade one of them for a top 6 forward that can make an immediate impact.

Cause this team can't score for shit in the playoffs. We averaged, what? 1 goal a game?

AzNightmare 06-21-2012 11:36 PM

Well two goalies is nice to have, but it really isn't the solution.
I hope MG manages something.... cause our current team will not win the cup, just because we have 2 solid goalies.
As proven, two solid goalies didn't save us from the playoffs last season. Even though it's arguable that no one else was able to take out LA either.

Noir 06-21-2012 11:36 PM

Quote:

Sure, but didn't Luongo ask for a trade? Meaning he's probably not interested in sharing the no. 1 spot/a tandem?

Mike Oxbig 06-21-2012 11:43 PM

lol canucks fans or just RS'ers wants luu out so bad, keep it up ull most likely waste your summer hoping luongo will be traded

spideyv2 06-21-2012 11:47 PM

Quote:

It really helped us this year, didn't it? We made it all the way to the fifth game of the first round! That dual tandem is really dominating the league!!

spideyv2 06-21-2012 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Earl (Post 7954882)
lol canucks fans or just RS'ers wants luu out so bad, keep it up ull most likely waste your summer hoping luongo will be traded

damnit shawn, stfu

Mike Oxbig 06-21-2012 11:50 PM

Shawn? My name is Eugene

AzNightmare 06-22-2012 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Earl (Post 7954892)
Shawn? My name is Eugene

I thought your name was Earl... :suspicious:

:fulloffuck:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noir (Post 7954872)
Sure, but didn't Luongo ask for a trade? Meaning he's probably not interested in sharing the no. 1 spot/a tandem?

IMO, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be happy sharing the no.1 spot.
But at this point, I'm a bit confused now whether he said anything about asking for a trade or was it just rumours or his agent talking.
Keep hearing so many different things, lost track of what's even credible any more.

cliffhanger33 06-22-2012 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Earl (Post 7954892)
Shawn? My name is Eugene

shawn79 :ahwow:

SkinnyPupp 06-22-2012 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AzNightmare (Post 7954905)
I thought your name was Earl... :suspicious:

:fulloffuck:

IMO, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be happy sharing the no.1 spot.
But at this point, I'm a bit confused now whether he said anything about asking for a trade or was it just rumours or his agent talking.
Keep hearing so many different things, lost track of what's even credible any more.

It doesn't matter what anyone said or didn't say. LU's fate was sealed when he didn't start game 4. That's that, it's just a matter of waiting for the right deal now. It's not "which goalie will they keep" it's "what will they get back for Luongo?"

Mike Oxbig 06-22-2012 12:10 AM

Awaiting Brian Burke to make a splash at one of our goalie for the human eraser Luke Schenn + _____

AzNightmare 06-22-2012 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 7954910)
It doesn't matter what anyone said or didn't say. LU's fate was sealed when he didn't start game 4. That's that, it's just a matter of waiting for the right deal now. It's not "which goalie will they keep" it's "what will they get back for Luongo?"

I'm pretty sure MG's planning to deal Lu (or at least one of them)
But what if he can't find a reasonable deal?

punkwax 06-22-2012 07:22 AM

Canucks need a legit #1 Dman a hell of a lot more than another failed attempt at landing a top 6 forward. Cup winning teams have a stud Dman 80% of the time.

We have a much better chance of landing one with Schneiderbait, but then salary is the issue.. very interested to see what MG pulls off this time.

7seven 06-22-2012 08:08 AM

Quote:

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger
Hearing Bobrovsky to Columbus for draft picks. Working on details.
1st trade of the day? hopefully this gets the ball rolling now

murd0c 06-22-2012 08:22 AM

I so hope the flood gates open now. It will make work that much easier today.

Gumby 06-22-2012 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noir (Post 7954872)

Luongo himself has never been openly said to the public that he wants to be traded.

He did however say that he would not put himself ahead of the team - i.e. if the team wants to trade him, he won't be a dick about it.

From his "exit interview" on April 24:
Quote:

“Yeah, of course, if they ask me to,” Luongo said. “I don’t want to be one of those guys who is going to stand in the way of anything. I always want to put the team ahead of me. I don’t want to be one of those selfish guys.

“Obviously they have a guy here who is going to be a superstar in this league for the next 10, 12, 15 years so I’m okay with it. It is a business and that’s the way it goes. I’ve loved being here the last six years. If I’m here in the future, then great. If I’m not, that’s good also.”

SkinnyPupp 06-22-2012 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AzNightmare (Post 7954915)
I'm pretty sure MG's planning to deal Lu (or at least one of them)
But what if he can't find a reasonable deal?

Not "at least one of them" it will be Lu and nobody else.

If they can't get a deal, they will probably have to waive him. But there should be enough teams out there willing to give something up for him.

If something fucks up and he ends up starting next season... yikes, look out for another 'dark era' for the team

SkinnyPupp 06-22-2012 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7seven (Post 7955083)
1st trade of the day? hopefully this gets the ball rolling now

There's one team off the short "trade for Luongo" list

JD¹³ 06-22-2012 10:11 AM

Like his play or not Lu has been a real class act throughout the battle to be Vancouver's #1. He's done a LOT for this team, this city, and this country. His performance in the Olympics was stellar. The 2012 playoffs was simply history repeating itself with how Lu stepped in for Brodeur, and as we've seen Brodeur was in no way "done". I hope Lu goes to a quality organization and does well for them. I'd love to see him turn things around in Toronto, he's got many years of high-quality play left in him.

Gh0stRider 06-22-2012 10:13 AM

Bobrovsky traded for 3 draft picks, incld 2nd round pick

RiceIntegraRS 06-22-2012 10:17 AM

Unless we cant get top tier talent for Luongo, I say we play the 2 Goalie Tandem again this season. And as usual the Canucks will have a slow start but by Decemeber, Luongo will be in tip top form. Thats when we should trade him to a team that has a struggling goaltender.

The 2 Goalie Tandem did win us the Presidents Trophy 2 Years in a row
And we were 1-1 Against the Stanley Cup Champions(With Daniel)

Not alot has to be changed for the regular season, Im just hoping we make a big splash deadline day to get us over the hump so to speak in the playoffs.

CRS 06-22-2012 10:31 AM

I'm just hoping that a good off season with proper training that Kassian goes beast mode for the next year.

7seven 06-22-2012 10:35 AM

Jeebus Timmy

Quote:

Peter Chiarelli said Tim Thomas waived his no-trade clause allowing the Bruins to deal him prior to July 1. Sounds like he'd be ok w/trade
https://twitter.com/HackswithHaggs/s...32918400503809

SumAznGuy 06-22-2012 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7seven (Post 7955165)

So now the question is who will take the gamble on him and pray that he plays next season and doesn't take that year off like how he wanted to. :suspicious: