REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   NHL IS BACK! The Official 2012/2013 Canucks & NHL Thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/669494-nhl-back-official-2012-2013-canucks-nhl-thread.html)

Hondaracer 06-18-2012 10:10 PM

nah boooooo Lu like everyone else did all the time before

kwy 06-18-2012 10:22 PM

^Uh, wut

cliffhanger33 06-18-2012 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hondaracer (Post 7951523)
nah boooooo Lu like everyone else did all the time before

?

OGCStrike 06-18-2012 10:53 PM

he probably thinks the "LUUUU"ing is booo'ing. :suspicious:

mb_ 06-19-2012 01:05 AM

To be honest, I do think Schneider is a more than capable starting goaltender but we don't really know how well he'll work out long term if we do ship Luongo out.

Mike Oxbig 06-19-2012 01:30 AM

I rather have canucks 1 cup with luongo than multiple without luongo and sedins.

Tim Budong 06-19-2012 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Earl (Post 7951691)
I rather have canucks 1 cup with luongo than multiple without luongo and sedins.

Is this because last year?
I can understand this

I really wanted to celebrate a Canucks win before hitting 30. Party it up like no tomorrow

kwy 06-19-2012 01:43 AM

Sedins deserve a cup before they retire

Vale46Rossi 06-19-2012 01:45 AM

I want 1 cup with our line up last year or this year.

Lappy, Bieksa, Burrows, Kes, Luu, Sedins Malhotra, they deserve it!

Many others I didn't name either love the lineup

DanHibiki 06-19-2012 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Earl (Post 7951691)

Lol I felt this way about Linden...then Naslund, Mo and Ohlund, and now this.

I learned that we'll always be in love with our star players so it really doesn't matter who we win it with.

Mike Oxbig 06-19-2012 01:55 AM

No. I want Luongo to win a cup in Vancouver so all the Luu haters can suck it!

http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/...ble5fhlxob.gif

Verdasco 06-19-2012 03:49 AM

Haters? More like bandwagoners loving luu :troll:

Vansterdam 06-19-2012 04:18 AM

Luuuuuuuuuuu

7seven 06-19-2012 06:20 AM

Quote:

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger
Just chatted about the Pavelec negotiation in Wpg with @simmonssteve + @MikeRichardsTSN. Teams in need of a goalie should be paying attn.
Quote:

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger
Pavelec is pending RFA with a big $ offer from KHL. It will take $4mil\multi years to keep him in NHL. Pay or trade him...Jets only options.
Jets have to be nuts to let Pavs walk over $4mil/yr. He's worth that money, a good young starting goalie.

If Jets do decide to shop him over $4mil per, you can bet there will be teams interested, could affect the market for Lu

MR_BIGGS 06-19-2012 09:05 AM

That is unfortunate for the Jets. First Kane rumblings that he won't re-sign and now Pavelec potentially going to KHL or being traded if they don't offer 4 per.

I agree that Pavalec is a good young goalie. Looks like Winterpeg is facing the same type of things Edmonton does, with getting players to sign.

highfive 06-19-2012 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MR_BIGGS (Post 7951854)
That is unfortunate for the Jets. First Kane rumblings that he won't re-sign and now Pavelec potentially going to KHL or being traded if they don't offer 4 per.

I agree that Pavalec is a good young goalie. Looks like Winterpeg is facing the same type of things Edmonton does, with getting players to sign.

I don't think so. KHL is the one finding it hard to get players to sign. They have to overpay for so many players just to move over from the NHL.

Aside from the Kane rumours, I think most players are excited to play in Winnipeg. I remember almost every player on the team talks about how crazy the fans are etc. And Ladd taking leadership and talked to management last season.

b0unce. [?] 06-19-2012 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7seven (Post 7951764)
Jets have to be nuts to let Pavs walk over $4mil/yr. He's worth that money, a good young starting goalie.

If Jets do decide to shop him over $4mil per, you can bet there will be teams interested, could affect the market for Lu

Agreed. 4mil a year is worth paying. Seeing as how much other players are getting, 4 mil doesn't seem that bad if they can make it a multi-year contract.

MR_BIGGS 06-19-2012 10:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by highfive (Post 7951870)
I don't think so. KHL is the one finding it hard to get players to sign. They have to overpay for so many players just to move over from the NHL.

Aside from the Kane rumours, I think most players are excited to play in Winnipeg. I remember almost every player on the team talks about how crazy the fans are etc. And Ladd taking leadership and talked to management last season.

But the issue isn't overpaying for the KHL. Players want to play in the best league in the world, and that's the NHL. Yes they are giving shitloads of money to players, but they have money to throw around.

I'm not sold yet that players are excited to play in Winnipeg. Of course they are going to say that in the first season there, and with such passionate fans, they will provide that lip service. Let's see how many players re-sign there. I guess it comes down to winning, and if they continue to have losing seasons, it will be tough to sign good quality players.

Kane is a core player, and if he goes, that puts a negative image on Winnipeg. Players talk to each other, and if they don't have good things to say about a city, it really prevents the team from signing free agents.

Kane has taken a lot of flack from the media and public in Winnipeg. The picture below was tweeted as a shot at him for never paying at restaurants.

Attachment 12080

I guess you have to earn it, Like Luongo did. Did Luu ever pay for a bill in VanCity?

Vale46Rossi 06-19-2012 10:43 AM

^

I don't think LU would walk out on a bill. He is a down to earth guy and super nice.

I saw him @ Broadway Mercedes once and talked to him, he didnt mind signing some stuff and taking a picture with me.

He was in flipflops and hat. He even tried to tip the service advisers.

Mike Oxbig 06-19-2012 11:00 AM

LUUUUUU

watch Schneider package for a young D whos ready to play or a top six winger with immediate impact :troll:

Tim Budong 06-19-2012 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Earl (Post 7951940)
LUUUUUU

watch Schneider package for a young D whos ready to play or a top six winger with immediate impact :troll:

it wouldnt surprise me

AzNightmare 06-19-2012 11:09 AM

Damn, that's disgusting.
How do pro athletes who make so much still walk out on bills that cost them their chump change.
Who do these guys think they are?

That's partially why I never get excited nor care about autograph signings or meeting players, etc.
I know not all of them are douches and a lot of them are down to earth and nice people,
but they really don't need me to help put them on an even higher "pedestal" that everyone else already set up for them.

Sure I cheer my heart out for them in the game. But off the ice, they are just any other person to me.

7seven 06-19-2012 11:14 AM

Yea Evander and Ashley have a pretty bad rep going around from a lot of bars, restaurants and businesses that have delt with the pair before. The rumblings about Evander preferring to play elsewhere aren't really that surprising.

Another thing you have to keep in mind, is yea most players will publicly say oh they love the fans in Winnipeg and love playing there, but talk to them privately or get to know them, total opposite from my experience.

MR_BIGGS 06-19-2012 11:41 AM

It also comes down to winning, depending where you are in your career. If Edmonton ends up being like a Pittsburgh in a few years, they shouldn't have a problem sighing guys to short term deals that want to win. Hell Jagr to Etown rumours have been getting some play (highly unlikely).

punkwax 06-19-2012 11:48 AM

Winnipeg sucks. A lot of egotistical brats would have a real tough time playing there.

As for Jagr, I really don't see him moving out of the Eastern Conference. Considering his age and the fact that he could pretty much hand pick a team to play for, he's been around long enough to understand the rigours of travel for Western teams. He'll likely opt for a team with limited travel and good chances of winning a cup.. kinda like Philly lol.