REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   The Official 2013/2014 Canucks & NHL Thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/685584-official-2013-2014-canucks-nhl-thread.html)

kristianhay 09-14-2013 11:10 AM

^

I assume you're talking about the Tavares video - it's just to work on your quick hands and puck control, nothing like creating a more powerful shot.

I too wish we got to see JT play more, easily one of my favourite players.

Hockey is back on the tube tonight, by the way. Washington vs. Winnipeg and Edmonton vs. Calgary in preseason action.

PeanutButter 09-14-2013 11:32 AM

Not really racist! 09-14-2013 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeanutButter (Post 8320211)

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-rZxKilLVYk...nfused-wtf.gif

jeedee 09-14-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

1 page back repost brah

spideyv2 09-14-2013 12:06 PM

Quote:

Ty for the new and exciting post
Posted via RS Mobile

EuterVanWasser 09-14-2013 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kristianhay (Post 8320200)
I assume you're talking about the Tavares video - it's just to work on your quick hands and puck control, nothing like creating a more powerful shot.

Aye. It's a skill that the players work on. It's not difficult (easier than saucer passing for example) but the speed at which the pros can do it at is impressive.

On a side note, I tried the first 4 puck drill in the Kane video last night at 8Rinks for shits and giggles. Yeah, I suck. :okay: And keeping your feet out of the way is more than half the battle.

Tim Budong 09-14-2013 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zx7rrrr (Post 8319991)
Kane doesnt have shit on JT

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DY3DNR0zu2s

Its good, but its completely different than what Kane is doing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by murd0c (Post 8319994)
^ most nhl's can do stuff like that with the puck when standing still with no one around..

pretty much, i've seen kids at the rink do this...its a skill set required

to add... for you NHL video game nuts

http://l3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/xu...CCMAEhbDx.jpeg

Quote:

Cliff Ronning will always be remembered for his role in the Canucks' run to the 1994 Stanley Cup Final, but the Canucks alumni will always be best remembered for his elite skills in NHL '93 (actually, NHLPA Hockey 93, but whatever). The Canucks centre was always pretty good, but in the 1993 edition he was downright otherworldly, a threat from just about anywhere and consistently the fastest guy on the ice.

The secret: Ronning had a man on the inside. As he explained to Puck Daddy some time ago, Ronning went to school with the guy that founded EA Sports, so when it came time to make his digital version, Ronning wished for a skill level in the Pavel Bure range, and his wish was granted -- his friend made him absurdly, unforgettably good. And that's what makes this photo so awesome

That's Ronning, at Saturday's Road Hockey to Conquer Cancer event in Vancouver, standing on a customized NHL chair mat, courtesy Dave Delisle of Dave's Geeky Ideas. (Dave's been featured on this blog a few times before. He's the best.)

Back in February, Dave shared his idea for the mat over on his blog, and I nearly flipped. I had to have one. And, because Dave is one of the world's coolest guys, he managed to make it a reality. And when he asked me if I wanted to customize my mat, I thought immediately of Ronning's legendary video game prowess, and asked for that.

Why Ronning? Why not Jeremy Roenick, say? Simple. So as to always feel like, when I'm working at my desk, I, like Cliff Ronning, am better than I have any business being.

Plus we live in the same city, which meant I might be able to one day get him to stand on it. And when I realized Ronning and I were going to be at the same charity event -- where he would try way harder than anybody else like he always does at these things, because you don't make the NHL at 5'7" if you're capable of letting up -- I had to reunite the man and the star that made him a video game legend.

He was kind enough to oblige, and while he didn't really get it, the crowd of people that stopped in their tracks upon witnessing one of the greatest photos in history definitely did.

Cliff Ronning, we salute you.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...medium=twitter

kristianhay 09-15-2013 06:53 PM

In preseason action today:

Lapierre - 2G
Ebbett - 2A
Connauton - 1G
Raymond - 1G 1A
Nichuskin - 2G

Looks like we let the wrong players go and drafted the wrong guy.

:troll:

Not really racist! 09-15-2013 06:58 PM

Nichushkin is gonna be a stud.

But yeah letting go of Raymond and Ebbett were mistakes 120%

Ebbett is gonna win a ring before any of the current Canucks roster does

:lawl:

Iceman-19 09-15-2013 07:30 PM

RS logic: ERMAGERD OUR EX PLAYERS SCORED PLAYING AGAINST TEAMS OF NON NHLERS WE FUCKED UP!

kristianhay 09-15-2013 07:32 PM

^

Not sure if srs...

spideyv2 09-15-2013 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman-19 (Post 8320874)
RS logic: ERMAGERD OUR EX PLAYERS SCORED PLAYING AGAINST TEAMS OF NON NHLERS WE FUCKED UP!

say that to my face fucker not online and see what happens

Not really racist! 09-15-2013 09:55 PM

http://i.minus.com/iovQARDU6PC4d.gif

ready 4 the fails, come at me bros

spideyv2 09-15-2013 10:20 PM

http://i.imgur.com/4agaQ.gif

Bouncing Bettys 09-16-2013 01:28 AM

Canuck fans need to chill Winston
http://blogfiles.wfmu.org/KF/2012/12...baby_dance.gif
MayRay gonna score 8 on 8uongo this season.

pastarocket 09-16-2013 10:19 AM

My friend Jonathan told me yesterday that one of his friends is working with the Canucks' trainers as an assistant during the team's training camp.

Jonathan gave me some insight into the personalities of some of the players. -pretty accurate assessment, with one surprise:

Kesler: cocky, arrogant. -friend Jonathan's friend is asked to use a stop watch to time Kes during one of the fitness tests that involves a stationary bike. Kes says "Wait, I gotta have my music before I do this stuff. " Kesler cannot find his iPod. -decides to listen to his rap music on his iPhone. Kes tells the friend, "Dude, hold my iPhone for me while I ride on the bike". While Kesler is on the stationary bike, the friend holds his iPhone so that he can listen to his rap music. "

Andrew Alberts: Another cocky Canucks player. -kept bragging about how much he can bench press (well over 300 pounds by the way). Surprised?

Hamhuis: Hammer is the quiet guy in the locker room.

Coach Torts: swears like a sailor. -friend's friend heard Torts give out many F bombs during training camp.

Luongo: My friend's friend said that Lu is one of the nicest guys on the team. -spent some time chatting with my friend's friend. No attitude from Luongo at all.

FYI: My friend's friend said that Jordan Subban is a short guy. He said that he is about
5 ft 9 to 5 ft 10, with his skates on.

jeedee 09-16-2013 10:22 AM

Kesler's pretty fired up this year

Hondaracer 09-16-2013 10:25 AM

Your friends friend has very poor insight on the team as anyone who follows the Canucks could probably tell you the same things..

Also if Kesler wants some assistant to the assistant to hold his phone while he does a test that's probably what the guy is there for..
Posted via RS Mobile

Not really racist! 09-16-2013 10:34 AM

For the past three months Kesler has been blabbering about how its the best he's felt since his Selke year and how he doesn't give a shit about the media etc...

Clearly he's frustrated.. talk is cheap.. if he doesn't deliver during the season/playoffs well.....

jeedee 09-16-2013 10:35 AM

"Andrew Alberts: Another cocky Canucks player. -kept bragging about how much he can bench press (well over 300 pounds by the way). Surprised?"

strong miscer

Sid Vicious 09-16-2013 10:36 AM

i also find it hard to believe a pro athlete of all people who be bragging about benching over 300+ lbs...pretty pedestrian

trancehead 09-16-2013 10:42 AM

Hamhuis seems like a scott neidermayer type. super down to earth, and just does what he does well

Yeah and kesler, everywhere hes spotted in the city, hes always labelled in a negative light lol

pastarocket 09-16-2013 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hondaracer (Post 8321202)
Your friends friend has very poor insight on the team as anyone who follows the Canucks could probably tell you the same things..

Also if Kesler wants some assistant to the assistant to hold his phone while he does a test that's probably what the guy is there for..
Posted via RS Mobile

Yeah, my friend's friend didn't give any new information about the players in terms of their personality.

However, the two younger players, Horvat and Subban, invited my friend's friend to hang out with them. That's pretty cool. -getting a chance to hang out with two Canucks players. He said that's when he realized how short Jordan is without his skates. :)

murd0c 09-16-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trancehead (Post 8321217)
Hamhuis seems like a scott neidermayer type. super down to earth, and just does what he does well

Yeah and kesler, everywhere hes spotted in the city, hes always labelled in a negative light lol

From what Berz says he sounds like a total cool and chill guy

pastarocket 09-16-2013 11:18 AM

Bissonnette, aka BizNasty2point0, may face a 10 game suspension for leaving the bench to fight Kings' player Nolan. BizNasty2point0 fought the player in reaction to that player's hit on a Coyotes defenseman:

Coyotes' Bissonnette facing possible 10-game suspension

Bob McKenzie of TSN reports that Tim Thomas may show up with a tryout contract with the Panthers:

McKenzie: Thomas could show up at Panthers camp Monday