REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   The Official 2013/2014 Canucks & NHL Thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/685584-official-2013-2014-canucks-nhl-thread.html)

SkinnyPupp 07-06-2013 08:15 AM

I'm glad too! I am just saying it's funny and kind of sleazy of Gillis to trash on GMs for signing these deals when you know full well he would have done the same if he could.

RiceIntegraRS 07-06-2013 08:26 AM

I don't think Gillis would ever throw the type of money other gms did for clarkson clowe or filpullla. even the sundin contract wasn't that bad imo. we only actually paid him like 3mil cause it was pro-rated.
Posted via RS Mobile

411ken 07-06-2013 08:28 AM

Canucks sign mike santorelli. Good signing. This guy was a faceoff stud last season
Posted via RS Mobile

SkinnyPupp 07-06-2013 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 411ken (Post 8275483)
Canucks sign mike santorelli. Good signing. This guy was a faceoff stud last season
Posted via RS Mobile

20 goals with Florida in 2011 but nothing after that.. 9 goals in 2012, 2 goals in 2013

jeedee 07-06-2013 08:34 AM

o lawd.

And the Vancouver Canucks call up Mike Santorelli from their AHL affiliates; the Florida Panthers

Nabatron 07-06-2013 08:41 AM

I like this signing he can actually score in the shootout as well!

jeedee 07-06-2013 08:45 AM

Just realized he's from/born in Vancouver

spideyv2 07-06-2013 08:51 AM

Apparently he had a 60.6 FO % last season. That's around 30% better than Henrik :troll:
Posted via RS Mobile

AzNightmare 07-06-2013 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiceIntegraRS (Post 8275482)
I don't think Gillis would ever throw the type of money other gms did for clarkson clowe or filpullla. even the sundin contract wasn't that bad imo. we only actually paid him like 3mil cause it was pro-rated.
Posted via RS Mobile

Canucks offered 2 years at 10mil per.
Sundin took 8.6mil for 1 year instead, pro-rated around 5mil.
8 pts in 8 playoff games. (7 was from the chicago series) :notbad:

lol, remember this shootout?

raysquared 07-06-2013 09:26 AM

^RIP Demo

Expresso 07-06-2013 09:34 AM

If Lu wants to play lets face it he doesn't have many options. It's either he sits out and gets suspended by the team or the Canucks waive him and he ends up in the minors. They tried trading him and no dice already.

Mike Oxbig 07-06-2013 09:35 AM

They sign the wrong panther. Shoulda been mueller

spideyv2 07-06-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HachiSix (Post 8275508)
If Lu wants to play lets face it he doesn't have many options. It's either he sits out and gets suspended by the team or the Canucks waive him and he ends up in the minors. They tried trading him and no dice already.

Lu needs to quit being a little bitch. He's a fcking professional athlete. Could the Canucks organization have dealt with this situation better? For sure. It's not like Vancouver is some shit city though, and it's not like the Canucks are a terrible team.

Luongo needs to give his fucking balls a tug, play for his team and cash in that 6.7 mill he makes every year.
Posted via RS Mobile

TjAlmeida 07-06-2013 10:18 AM

Not sure if serious.

As much as people say they are athletes and should just compete. They still have a passion for the game and drive to succeed. But after all the fucking around, granted it seemed loungo was not the easiest to work with the NTC. If there passion and drive to play with their team is gone what is there to motivate him? The fans? Most have already jumped on the Cory trailer. The media? Like the Fuck they are. The management? Hold on brb going to trade you come deadline.

If I was him I would have posted.

Strombone1: one sec brb, moving from bench warmer to upper suite warmer.
Posted via RS Mobile

RRxtar 07-06-2013 10:35 AM

tell him if he plays real well hes probably going to be the team canada starter for the olympics. dont like playing for your team? sure understandable. dont like the city? vancouver is hard on their players. but every single canadian goalie growing up wants to be the starter for their country

kristianhay 07-06-2013 10:41 AM

Things for Lu to compete for: Chance at Sochi 2014, chance at Stanley Cup, chance to prove naysayers wrong, pride, $6.7m.

He may be angry at management for the way that they handled the situation, but last time I checked, his teammates are still the guys he's battled with the past 7 years. He should gather himself, come back, and be ready to take on another challenge with his friends and teammates. He's the undisputed #1 again, and with a new coach at the helm, it's a fresh start in a way.

RiceIntegraRS 07-06-2013 10:50 AM

I maybe totally oblivious to this but did luongo at anytime say he would not play for the canucks this season. is this contraversy all started by the media again? speculating and doing what the media in vancouver does best. stir up bullshit.
Posted via RS Mobile

411ken 07-06-2013 10:51 AM

Lu wanted a fresh start. He'd get rippppped apart by the fans if we don't win the cup etc and shudve kept Schneider.... Then again, vancouver fans would say the same if Schneider doesn't win us anything and would say we shudve kept Lu

Selanne_200 07-06-2013 11:05 AM

While it's true from a logical standpoint for most of us, I like to think that it's different for that of a pro athlete. Lu wouldn't be too concern about the money as much as the playing environment, especially since he has been told for the past year that he's going to be moved. Psychologically I think he's checked himself out already after the playoffs are over. I guess a similar analogy for us would be like being promised a transferring of department or company, where you would be paid the same but you wouldn't be scrutinized for every move you make, you're told you'll be transferring at the latest in a year's time. Then all of a sudden you get blindsided and are told you're stuck in the same department, and your performance will be looked under the microscope even more carefully given the ordeal.

Grandmaster TSE 07-06-2013 11:26 AM

so basically we have to tell all the fans to shut the fuck up and everyone will be happy
Posted via RS Mobile

Mike Oxbig 07-06-2013 11:47 AM

Fans fucked over Luongo, that's why he doesn't want to come back.
Miller and Thomas is still an option :lol

EmperorIS 07-06-2013 11:51 AM

I think fans are least of Luongo's concerns

Mike Oxbig 07-06-2013 11:56 AM

Vancouver fans are so shitty i bet they will take TT over Luongo right now......

Hondaracer 07-06-2013 12:10 PM

any takers on bets for Lu coming back or not?

:troll:

MR_BIGGS 07-06-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeedee (Post 8275491)
Just realized he's from/born in Vancouver

He's a Burnaby boy. Burnaby North Secondary.

Other alumni include: Joe Sakic, Dave Nonis, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins and Cliff Ronning. lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayare604 (Post 8275520)
Lu needs to quit being a little bitch. He's a fucking professional athlete. Could the Canucks organization have dealt with this situation better? For sure. It's not like Vancouver is some shit city though, and it's not like the Canucks are a terrible team.

Luongo needs to give his fucking balls a tug, play for his team and cash in that 6.7 mill he makes every year.
Posted via RS Mobile

So if he decides not to report, this is what could happen based on a lawyers take on the situation:

Quote:

An NHL contract, which is called a “Standard Player Contract” or an “SPC”, provides at Section 14(b) that a team has the right to terminate a contract if that player shall “fail, refuse or neglect to render his services hereunder or in any other manner materially breach this Contract”.
Gillis on Luongo: ?Either play or don?t play? | ProHockeyTalk