REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   The Official 2013/2014 Canucks & NHL Thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/685584-official-2013-2014-canucks-nhl-thread.html)

Hondaracer 06-09-2014 08:44 PM

On the CBC feed they had quicks 3rd period and OT GAA and SV%

i'd say those late game numbers put him in contention alone

jeedee 06-09-2014 08:53 PM

Quick or Kopitar get the Conn Smythe IMO

SkinnyPupp 06-09-2014 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hondaracer (Post 8484585)
On the CBC feed they had quicks 3rd period and OT GAA and SV%

i'd say those late game numbers put him in contention alone

How about his 1st period stats?

I don't think you can ignore him but come on... :)

Hondaracer 06-09-2014 09:05 PM

meh, "king" henrik has what, 11 goals in last 4 games or somthing?

i think being clutch when it counts as a goalie is worthwhile for consideration at least

wouldnt doubt Doughty gets it though

Shark Tank 06-09-2014 09:13 PM

lol I put $100 on Rangers to win cup and fucking Nash & Richards are no shows compares to Kopitar and Gaborik. AV about to go 0-2 SCF

murd0c 06-09-2014 09:26 PM

at least the Canucks made it to game 7 but I would rather get blown out then lose like we did

willystyle 06-09-2014 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shark Tank (Post 8484613)
lol I put $100 on Rangers to win cup and fucking Nash & Richards are no shows compares to Kopitar and Gaborik. AV about to go 0-2 SCF

Nash never shows up for the post-season.

68style 06-09-2014 10:45 PM

It's still a foreign concept to him after all those years in Colombus :ilied:

I've flipped over to games the Rangers have played throughout the playoffs and watched Richards float around, especially on the back-check... whatever happened to that drive he used to have in TB...........

AzNightmare 06-09-2014 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murd0c (Post 8484618)
at least the Canucks made it to game 7 but I would rather get blown out then lose like we did

No way. Easy to say that now, but had Canucks got swept in the SCF,
fans would have been even more pissed about working so hard to get to the finals and pissing away the whole series without having a single win to show for.

:heckno:

411ken 06-10-2014 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AzNightmare (Post 8484702)
fans would have been even more pissed about working so hard to get to the finals and pissing away the whole series without having a single win to show for.

moral of the story.. you can never please the canucks fans.

1. Canucks don't do well the last couple of years..everyone wanted AV fired and get a fresh start... no NYR makes the finals, the fans comments that he should have never gotten fired.

2. NYR down 3-0 in finals... fans are now mentioning that AV never changes his game plan, etc

3. IF NYR comes back and wins the cup.. I can't even imagine what the canucks fans would say lol

I do want to see MSTL win a cup tho

murd0c 06-10-2014 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AzNightmare (Post 8484702)

that would be been better then getting our hopes up like we did and crushed, also there wouldn't of been riots which is a big factor in my thinking this way

AzNightmare 06-10-2014 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murd0c (Post 8484785)
that would be been better then getting our hopes up like we did and crushed, also there wouldn't of been riots which is a big factor in my thinking this way

But I find losing in game 7 had little to do with the rioting.
I had a feeling the riot was premeditated by a bunch of goons which would have done so even if Canucks had won,
and it doesn't take a lot for a drunken mass to follow once a riot gets going.

But on a personal level, I would have enjoyed a longer series than a sweep.
"Hope" is not always a bad thing.

Sometimes, it's like asking a hot girl out.
You might get crushed trying, but in the end, it's probably better than just not trying at all...
Like missing the playoffs every season, just so you can say I never got eliminated.

trancehead 06-10-2014 11:18 AM

lol outcome dependence at its finest

Spoon 06-10-2014 11:45 AM

I get a real hard on when you guys talk hypotheticals

Shark Tank 06-10-2014 12:00 PM

Why haven't the Canucks hired Byslma yet? At least get him before Florida does he's the most qualified coach on the market. They already missed out on Trotz

Infiniti 06-10-2014 12:09 PM

My money would be on Desjardins becoming the next Canucks head coach.

AzNightmare 06-10-2014 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shark Tank (Post 8484895)
Why haven't the Canucks hired Byslma yet? At least get him before Florida does he's the most qualified coach on the market. They already missed out on Trotz

Because he might not be the most qualified coach for the Canucks.

DanHibiki 06-10-2014 02:18 PM

I would take losing in 7 games than 4 games any day.

pastarocket 06-10-2014 02:46 PM

What do you think about Willie Desjardins possibly becoming the next coach?

Desjardins looks a strong fit to coach Canucks - Sportsnet.ca

highfive 06-10-2014 04:45 PM

Gonna be a busy month for Benning.

-Coach
-Kesler
-Draft
-FA
-UFA

UFO 06-10-2014 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RRxtar (Post 8483040)
The Pens have had a pretty solid team, and they haven't had much success. Pretty easy to identify a coaching problem

Quote:

Originally Posted by nah (Post 8483184)
I'd say Bylsma coaching of the US team at the Olympics is indication of an over rated coach.

Just like Gillis inherited a team that was firing on all cylinders in Vancouver, Bylsma had the same when he came in and won a cup in Pittsburgh his first year.

Except Bylsma turned around that same stacked Pens team that was blowing monkey chunks halfway through that season, and then proceeded to win the cup. So no, the Pens weren't exactly firing on all cylinders either.

Whoever comes in to coach for the Canucks will be stepping into a pretty good situation IMO. The team isn't nearly as bad as the record and play showed last year. Not saying they'll win the cup but it wouldn't surprise me if they can hang with the contenders in the west

Quote:

Originally Posted by pastarocket (Post 8484548)
Conn Smythe winner? I'm picking Justin Williams or Quick.

Quickie absolutely robbed Brassard with that stick save.

How do you figure Quick robbed Brassard on that one? His stick was there well before Brassard shot the puck. Brassard shot the puck right into his stick. I think even Quick would have to admit he was lucky on that one, of the entire 4 foot height of the net he chose to shoot the puck into that 5" area that Quick's stick occupied. Crap luck for Brassard and the NYR, but they've had a good run and not much business belonging in the SCF IMO

MR_BIGGS 06-10-2014 07:15 PM

Maybe Canucks are waiting for Kings to sweep so they can announce hiring of John Stevens.

dbaz 06-10-2014 07:22 PM

^generally announcing trades, or hirings during the finals is a no no. gary gets upset

also they cant interview him until after anyways

willystyle 06-10-2014 07:30 PM

The Canucks have said that they will not hire a coach until the NHL and AHL season is over.

jdmhaze 06-10-2014 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UFO (Post 8485043)
How do you figure Quick robbed Brassard on that one? His stick was there well before Brassard shot the puck. Brassard shot the puck right into his stick. I think even Quick would have to admit he was lucky on that one, of the entire 4 foot height of the net he chose to shoot the puck into that 5" area that Quick's stick occupied. Crap luck for Brassard and the NYR, but they've had a good run and not much business belonging in the SCF IMO

I think you may need to see the clip from this angle. Quick robbed him. His stick wasnt there "well before" the shot. In real time you can see exactly how it happened. Brassard didn't have all day to shoot it and it was coming off the backhand. Also Brassard was looking at the puck and not the net.