REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   The Official 2013/2014 Canucks & NHL Thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/685584-official-2013-2014-canucks-nhl-thread.html)

fliptuner 06-09-2014 04:55 PM

Fought off PP after a weak call and Carter beat the buzzer right after. :fuckyea:

fliptuner 06-09-2014 05:51 PM

3 zip now. Gut check time for NY.

punkwax 06-09-2014 06:04 PM

/series IMO.

trancehead 06-09-2014 06:04 PM

commentators were talking about the King's pack mentality on Nash when he ran into the net.
Even though he does look like he tries to avoid Quick as much as possible, good that the entire line out there gave him a poke. they just dont want anyone near their net period. regardless of intent

quick has got their back, and the converse is true

AzNightmare 06-09-2014 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nodnarb (Post 8484487)
/series IMO.

Still lots of hockey to play...

:pokerface:

HonestTea 06-09-2014 06:07 PM

GG NYR

punkwax 06-09-2014 06:09 PM

80% of RS has a better chance of losing their virginity in the next 20 seconds than NYR has a chance of winning the Cup right now.

:fullofwin:

trancehead 06-09-2014 06:32 PM

la king has this game in the bag

NYR is not going to reverse sweep the reverse sweepers (kings) lol

fedoreat43o 06-09-2014 06:45 PM

nice thread....http://winter.remobgaman.com/3.jpg

AzNightmare 06-09-2014 06:46 PM

Damn. Was on the edge of my seat that entire 6 on 5.
Really needed that shut out.

Time to finish it next game.,!

Ch28 06-09-2014 07:21 PM

Hondaracer 06-09-2014 07:24 PM

Lol 11' nucks could beat these rangers..

Obviously torts was right in benching Richards when he was coach and Nash ain't worth half his salary, he's a ghost.

jeedee 06-09-2014 07:41 PM

LULZ

another playoff series AV is coaching against the Kings, another series he's down 3-0

"AV is the cup winning coach we fired" :rofl:

SkinnyPupp 06-09-2014 07:42 PM

Like I said the first 2 games were just brutal.. There was no coming back from that

Sometimes you see the 0-3 team win a game due to the other team not being able to pull the trigger on a sweep, but I doubt we'll see that here

SkinnyPupp 06-09-2014 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeedee (Post 8484543)
LULZ

another playoff series AV is coaching against the Kings, another series he's down 3-0

"AV is the cup winning coach we fired" :rofl:

Where do you come up with this shit? Whoever said AV was a cup winning coach? :seriously:

pastarocket 06-09-2014 07:48 PM

Impressive win by the Kings. Wow! :thumbsup:

Conn Smythe winner? I'm picking Justin Williams or Quick.

Quickie absolutely robbed Brassard with that stick save.

Plan the parade!

http://lakingsinsider.com/wp-content...ck-parade1.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/dhMeAzK.gif

jeedee 06-09-2014 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 8484547)
Where do you come up with this shit? Whoever said AV was a cup winning coach? :seriously:

Uh....this shit comes up from this thread?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simulated (Post 8479237)
lol all this talk last summer of hiring Torts because he's a "cup winning" coach and will know how to motivate the canucks. we're only 4 NYR wins away from firing a "cup winning" coach who was already with us.

i'm happy for AV and i hope he gets the stanley cup this time around.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiceIntegraRS (Post 8479232)
wow AV to the final........ and we fired him....

Just trolling the AV supporters really :lol

punkwax 06-09-2014 07:57 PM

AV's coaching has very little to do with the series being 3-0 if you ask me. Apart from Lundquist, (and even that could be debatable) Kings roster >>> NYR's top to bottom.

Not taking away from Sutter's ability. He is a great coach, I just don't think NYR's had a chance against a stacked team like the Kings.

More often than not, the better team wins despite who is standing on the bench.

jeedee 06-09-2014 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nodnarb (Post 8484554)
AV's coaching has very little to do with the series being 3-0 if you ask me. Apart from Lundquist, (and even that could be debatable) Kings roster >>> NYR's top to bottom.

Not taking away from Sutter's ability. He is a great coach, I just don't think NYR's had a chance against a stacked team like the Kings.

More often than not, the better team wins despite who is standing on the bench.

Of course. It can easily be said "AV isn't on the ice" "he can't be the one scoring goals"

But just like in 2012 against the Kings (and other series really) he's being outcoached by Sutter. He doesn't really change up his strategy/game plan. He sticks to what he thinks "works" and it clearly showed in the 2011 final and this final.

In games 1 and 2 it seems like the Rangers were protecting/sitting on their leads--a lot like when AV coached the Canucks. And we all know how that turns out...

SkinnyPupp 06-09-2014 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeedee (Post 8484550)
Uh....this shit comes up from this thread?

Just trolling the AV supporters really :lol

I don't see anyone calling him a cup winning coach.. they said he's 4 wins away.. last time he was 1 win away...

Why troll the AV supporters? It's not his fault his locker room turned on him. And believe me, as long as Ryan Kesler is still around, the same thing will happen over and over.

Edit: And as for sitting on the lead.. well if you can't sit on a 3-0 lead you were never going to win in the first place, and your team has some problems. The tying goal in game 2 was bullshit too. It's not the coach's fault the goalie was interfered with and they didn't call it this time. After that, the series is pretty much over.

punkwax 06-09-2014 08:13 PM

I won't disagree that Sutter has proven to be a better coach, but this year, you can't compare the teams.

Ch28 06-09-2014 08:13 PM

Justin Williams 2014 Connect Smythe Winner

jeedee 06-09-2014 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 8484562)
I don't see anyone calling him a cup winning coach.. they said he's 4 wins away.. last time he was 1 win away...

Why troll the AV supporters? It's not his fault his locker room turned on him. And believe me, as long as Ryan Kesler is still around, the same thing will happen over and over.

May have gotten the "Canucks should hire a coach with cup winning experience" crap the past few weeks mixed up.

What same thing will happen over and over? You're saying Kesler made everyone on the team turn on AV? Unless you're saying he's a locker room cancer....

Hard to say/call a guy a locker room cancer when he just wants to win so badly

fliptuner 06-09-2014 08:19 PM

Williams or Doughty, imo

SkinnyPupp 06-09-2014 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeedee (Post 8484567)
May have gotten the "Canucks should hire a coach with cup winning experience" crap the past few weeks mixed up.

What same thing will happen over and over? You're saying Kesler made everyone on the team turn on AV? Unless you're saying he's a locker room cancer....

Hard to say/call a guy a locker room cancer when he just wants to win so badly

Totally willing to accept I am wrong, but I think he wanted off the team so bad that he became "cancerous". Part of that is wanting to win so bad but being stuck on a poorly managed team I'm sure. I'm not questioning his integrity or personality, I just think it's time for him to go, or it's just going to get worse.

He has a relatively cheap contract good for 2 more seasons, so they should get a lot for him. IMO he's always been a great defensive center, but that one series against Nashville really increased his reputation. He has never shown that he could repeat that (but again.. shitty situation, injuries, etc.)

As for Conn Smythe it has to be Williams. How can you say Quick when they only had the lead for 1 game of their last 4 or whatever it is? Including being down by at least 2 goals for most of the finals. It's Williams who is bailing the team out