REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/mobile-phone-tablet-chat_52/)
-   -   Official OnePlus thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/694498-official-oneplus-thread.html)

sonick 04-30-2015 03:32 PM

Ya the inability to disable the vibrator is quite annoying.

Autobrightness is now called 'adaptive brightness' and is enabled by default, however it is pretty slow and takes a moment to adjust (can't adjust speed as in CM11). Also you can't do custom brightness like you could in CM11, which I found useful.

I just noticed that you can adjust the notification bar quick settings in the lockscreen, which is actually pretty awesome.

TOS'd 04-30-2015 03:40 PM

thanks for the tab fix, too bad i lost all my tabs :(

yea i noticed the adaptive brightness, but its horrible

to disable the vibrate on your phone, just press None under the slider, but i preferred the old method

sonick 04-30-2015 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOS'd (Post 8631555)
to disable the vibrate on your phone, just press None under the slider, but i preferred the old method

Thanks, I had thought that disables all notifications but I guess it's just the volume? Kinda lame that it disables the alarm too.

Gululu 04-30-2015 06:26 PM

after using many different roms i have decided to settle with colorOS 2.0 latest rom. it's hands down the best rom for this device. trust oppo. lets not fool ourself this phone is based on the oppo find7, colorOS is the default rom for OPO in china. they have more users on colorOS therefore better support and focus. its no lollipop but it is way better than lollipop. trust me, colorOS > the rest

http://i.imgur.com/BMRnXCIl.png

Alby 04-30-2015 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gululu (Post 8631626)
after using many different roms i have decided to settle with colorOS 2.0 latest rom. it's hands down the best rom for this device. trust oppo. lets not fool ourself this phone is based on the oppo find7, colorOS is the default rom for OPO in china. they have more users on colorOS therefore better support and focus. its no lollipop but it is way better than lollipop. trust me, colorOS > the rest

no :rukidding:

more users does NOT mean its better. whats better than the rest is the rom that you find that works for YOU

AzNightmare 05-01-2015 11:05 AM

I'm a bit confused. What exactly is the difference between the ROM and OS?
Is this upgrade for the OS or Rom or both??

Also, can someone please list some GOOD things about this upgrade?
Cause I have no problems with my phone right now, and with the list of issues posted earlier, those will affect my daily usage so there's really no reason for me to upgrade if this is the case...

Alby 05-01-2015 04:24 PM

to my understanding ROM is the total package, containing features and such, which INCLUDES OS.

OS is just the operating system such as KitKat and Lollipop.

jerche 05-02-2015 01:58 PM

looks like the OTA upgrade is rolling out finally

FerrariEnzo 05-02-2015 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gululu (Post 8631626)

http://i.imgur.com/BMRnXCIl.png

ColorOS rom sucks IMHO

I hate roms that do not have an app drawer..
Plus its a pain if you want to switch to another rom, if you over-written your recovery with ColorOS one...

Ikkaku 05-03-2015 09:31 AM

Friends were all praising how awesome cm12 was, so despite being very hesitant, I made the jump.

When I woke up this morning, both the wifi symbol and the network symbol were met with exclamation marks. Disabled wifi, cycled through airplane mode. it took a really long time before it would get out of H+ and back into LTE

Phone was fairly warm, even for charging. Rebooting phone takes quite a bit longer as well.

Also, it kept notifying me that google play services needs updating, despite there not being an option to update.

On the bright side: puzzle and dragon finally works again.

Sneaky 05-03-2015 11:29 AM

I got the OTA update to CM12S.
I keep my phone under my pillow at night, charging.
I woke up in the middle of the night and felt my phone, it was BURNING hot, as in almost too hot to hold.
Scared the fuck out of me.

CM12S looks pretty though.

sonick 05-03-2015 12:10 PM

Wtf why would you keep your phone under your pillow at night? What if the battery overheated and exploded :heckno:

Phozy 05-05-2015 10:08 AM

So many things interfering with my daily use of my phone after installing CM12.

Can anyone provide links/info on how to flash back to cm11 or other roms?

Thanks

AzNightmare 05-05-2015 12:09 PM

:lawl:

:fulloffuck:

Apparently, putting your phone under your pillow before going to bed is a more common habit than I thought.

Not sure why anyone would want to do this...
I would be worried about the radiation by leaving your phone near your head the entire night.
But I still find it strange how a phone overheats on idle.

The only time my phone even feels remotely warm is when I'm playing games...

SpartanAir 05-08-2015 06:25 PM

I just "upgraded" to Lollipop as well, and I'm experiencing a serious problem.

I'm having serious trouble with the touchscreen. I'm having to reboot at least 5-6 times a day, because I can't draw a pattern and unlock my phone. And opening apps, scrolling etc. Pretty much everything becomes unusable. When I got this phone it worked great, but this is a really big problem and several times I haven't been able to access my phone when I really needed it.

Anyone have any ideas? Could any apps be interfering?

Please any help is appreciated!

I also really don't like the "profiles", I liked being able to press and hold the power button to get vibrate or silent, to which both I switch very frequently.

Gululu 05-10-2015 04:41 PM

Hi guys,

today I know it is mother's day because my oneplus' lock screen has automatically changed to this:
http://i.imgur.com/AJrPzmOl.jpg

I was pleasantly surprised to see that colorOS is so thoughtful...

Mr.HappySilp 05-10-2015 06:29 PM

At the same is really scary because it might collect all of your data lol IE chat logs, surfing habits, user/pw.......

InteGSR-99 05-10-2015 08:35 PM

[QUOTE=SpartanAir;8634450]I just "upgraded" to Lollipop as well, and I'm experiencing a serious problem.

I'm having serious trouble with the touchscreen. I'm having to reboot at least 5-6 times a day, because I can't draw a pattern and unlock my phone. And opening apps, scrolling etc. Pretty much everything becomes unusable. When I got this phone it worked great, but this is a really big problem and several times I haven't been able to access my phone when I really needed it.

Anyone have any ideas? Could any apps be interfering?

I'm having somewhat of the same problem. Mine has to do with my typing with SwiftKey. It takes me awhile now to type a short sentence without having to backspace and correct it. I've switched back to the stock keyboard which worked for about a day but it's lagging he same way.

Anyone else have the same issues? Is there a fix for this? I googled it but couldn't find a definite fix. It's getting pretty annoying.

Gululu 05-10-2015 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp (Post 8635049)
At the same is really scary because it might collect all of your data lol IE chat logs, surfing habits, user/pw.......

Google have already been doing this, they track everything too. There is no safe phone to use by your definition. It's simply a matter of who do you trust more. In my case I'd rather china spy on me than the NSA.

FerrariEnzo 05-11-2015 05:18 PM

Who doesnt track your shit.. MS and Apple also do this..

Mr.HappySilp 05-12-2015 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gululu (Post 8635095)
Google have already been doing this, they track everything too. There is no safe phone to use by your definition. It's simply a matter of who do you trust more. In my case I'd rather china spy on me than the NSA.

True but to have an OS to actually change your wallpaper to match mother's day is pretty scary. What if one day CM decided to change your lock code just for kicks?

Gululu 05-12-2015 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp (Post 8635597)
True but to have an OS to actually change your wallpaper to match mother's day is pretty scary.

again, its because of holiday wallpaper feature was ON, otherwise it woulnt have changed

u see, colorOS has many neat features such as air swipe, voice command shutter, one handed usage mode L&R, and many more

TOS'd 05-12-2015 01:28 PM

:facepalm: @ Mr.HappySilp

A-Dev 05-12-2015 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gululu (Post 8635672)
again, its because of holiday wallpaper feature was ON, otherwise it woulnt have changed

u see, colorOS has many neat features such as air swipe, voice command shutter, one handed usage mode L&R, and many more

Stop trying to sell colorOS, they don't pay you and I'm pretty sure most people don't care.

Gululu 05-13-2015 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A-Dev (Post 8635693)
Stop trying to sell colorOS, they don't pay you and I'm pretty sure most people don't care.

and I dont care what u think either.