REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 10-08-2015, 12:16 PM   #76
private modder

Thanked 2,645 Times in 739 Posts
Man if a shop texted me asking if they can take my car to a meet, I'd be like WTF no i'm coming to pick my car up from you right now.
Advertisement
Eff-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 12:26 PM   #77
iceboy & saucywoman are my parents!

Thanked 1,770 Times in 445 Posts
That's something I warranty. Those swirls I can easily remove. I rushed to finish that roof and that was a mistake to begin with

Quote:
Originally Posted by jing View Post
I have some issue with the quality of work performed as well, especially since they were 50% more expensive than what I was quoted by another shop. I had my Miata hardtop color changed from red to black. Upon first inspection, it looked good. However, a couple of mouldings were misplaced by an employee but later found. Unfortunately I didn't realize at the time that there were still a couple more moulding corner pieces that were missing. The hard top lay unused in the garage for several months installed on my car which was still in storage. When it came time to take the car out again and I saw it more clearly in the sun, I noticed several, very visible spots that looked like a rotary sander had been used on it but was not properly prepped before paint. I am no bodyman, but there are at least two very distinct spots on the hardtop that are in this condition. I will post pictures later. The inside of the hardtop where the window rolls up into was unpainted as well. The owner told me upon first picking it up that I could bring it back at a later date to have this addressed. I have not taken the time to have this taken care of yet, but feel that it should've been taken care of before I picked it up. /$0.02
[23-07, 02:53] LSF22 the guy who i just saw had like 5 or 6 cars on his lawn needs a ride

[07-10, 15:42] nabs tbails14 = the legend continues

[27-10, 19:44] slickrick (to ts14) NO NOT THE EXHAUST

[07-10, 22:42] Ri2 If I had a real one I'd fap til it turns blue probably

[05-01, 16:24] Geoc ts you're a never ending inspiration for the inner buddy guy in all of us
ts14 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-08-2015, 12:28 PM   #78
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,907 Times in 754 Posts
I'm sorry... organizations like this need to be DRIVEN OUT OF BUSINESS! everyone needs to post this thread onto other local forums to get the word out to AVOID this PLACE at ALL costs...... this guy should stick to his day job.. whatever that may be.. but it ain't body shop stuff.

His continuous apologies are irrelevant as it WILL occur again.
Acura604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 12:41 PM   #79
iceboy & saucywoman are my parents!

Thanked 1,770 Times in 445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acura604 View Post
I'm sorry... organizations like this need to be DRIVEN OUT OF BUSINESS! everyone needs to post this thread onto other local forums to get the word out to AVOID this PLACE at ALL costs...... this guy should stick to his day job.. whatever that may be.. but it ain't body shop stuff.

I'm not one to repeat a big fuck up. I've done jobs where time restraints killed my quality. But look at any body shop perspective, shops make mistakes from rushing . Which is why recently i have asked for more time on jobs so I don't make those mistakes again. I don't want customers to come back complaining but when I offer a warranty and not let me at least handle a situation on my end, it's hard to come clean if I can't fix my mistakes.

I've already apologized. All I can say at this point is that I don't get burned down. I can improve my organization and professionalism. These are issues I can fix
[23-07, 02:53] LSF22 the guy who i just saw had like 5 or 6 cars on his lawn needs a ride

[07-10, 15:42] nabs tbails14 = the legend continues

[27-10, 19:44] slickrick (to ts14) NO NOT THE EXHAUST

[07-10, 22:42] Ri2 If I had a real one I'd fap til it turns blue probably

[05-01, 16:24] Geoc ts you're a never ending inspiration for the inner buddy guy in all of us
ts14 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-08-2015, 01:23 PM   #80
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts14 View Post
I'm not one to repeat a big fuck up. I've done jobs where time restraints killed my quality. But look at any body shop perspective, shops make mistakes from rushing . Which is why recently i have asked for more time on jobs so I don't make those mistakes again. I don't want customers to come back complaining but when I offer a warranty and not let me at least handle a situation on my end, it's hard to come clean if I can't fix my mistakes.

I've already apologized. All I can say at this point is that I don't get burned down. I can improve my organization and professionalism. These are issues I can fix
Someone calls out service they aren't happy with? You were rushed.

Someone calls out a lack of professionalism? You're new at the business.

Seems like excuses to me, no one is going to feel sorry that you are a new business owner. People are giving you money and they expect a certain result. If you can't provide that then you should maybe step back and look at why you are in this business. Because it sure as hell seems to a lot of people right now that it's to drive cars other people worked hard to buy.
jakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 01:35 PM   #81
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

All shops are bound to have quality issues. Number 1 Collision didn't paint my front bumper correctly once but when i showed it to them they apologized and fixed it right away. Was I mad that it wasn't done the first time? Not really, I was happy the end result was exactly what it should be and they were willing to fix it without trying toplace the blame on something else.

Your main issue has more to do with professionalism than work quality. People love their vehicles (my car is almost 10 years old and I still won't let my wife drive it), you need to be respectful of other people's property and provide good service. Don't act like a 16 year old kid who just sees a cool looking car, you are doing this to pay your bills so get your shit together.
Adorkami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 01:48 PM   #82
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,355 Times in 1,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eff-1 View Post
Man if a shop texted me asking if they can take my car to a meet, I'd be like WTF no i'm coming to pick my car up from you right now.
I would be like:
No, drive all the way to North Van, pick me up and we can go together. Hell, I'll ride shotgun on the way to the meet.
boostfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 01:49 PM   #83
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adorkami View Post

Your main issue has more to do with professionalism than work quality. People love their vehicles (my car is almost 10 years old and I still won't let my wife drive it), you need to be respectful of other people's property and provide good service. Don't act like a 16 year old kid who just sees a cool looking car, you are doing this to pay your bills so get your shit together.
Why won't you let your wife drive it?
Expresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 01:50 PM   #84
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adorkami View Post
All shops are bound to have quality issues. Number 1 Collision didn't paint my front bumper correctly once but when i showed it to them they apologized and fixed it right away. Was I mad that it wasn't done the first time? Not really, I was happy the end result was exactly what it should be and they were willing to fix it without trying toplace the blame on something else.

+1.

Bang on.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 01:51 PM   #85
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,831 Times in 587 Posts
As for a witch hunt, not even close.
You want to see one of those, check out Vancouver Velocity Cars in the search bar

As for this, he messed up on a large scale and it came out of the wood works and others followed suite to post there experiences.

I experienced similar issue with my AE86 when it was at a bodyshop in north van years back. It had 1200kms put on it, one rim rashed up, fresh diff fluid looked black and both rears were down to 60% despite being put on 2 days before going into the shop.....so for me this is a rather shit thing to do to your paying customers.

I dont know this shop nor the owner, but I know the feeling when you trust someone with something that means a lot to you and they dont respect that.

07-17 G37 RWD Coupe Coilovers FOR SALE BRAND NEW
BoostedBB6 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-08-2015, 01:58 PM   #86
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expresso View Post
Why won't you let your wife drive it?
She doesn't drive that often and has hit a pillar and 2 parked cars while driving a trailblazer so the idea of her driving a faster vehicle that you see less of the road in isn't appealing. I'm convinced she got her license because she went for her test at around 6 months pregnant.
Adorkami is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-08-2015, 02:02 PM   #87
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 8,153 Times in 1,251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freakshow View Post
By RS standards, this thread is not even close to a "witch hunt". If anything, people are probably going easier on him because he's an RS member.
There are a few voices of reason in this thread keeping it reasonably tame, definitely agree it's because he's an RS member though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
I'm not sure what you constitute simply as a "questionable call" but joyriding customers' cars on multiple occasions - and lying and manipulating the truth to do so - is hardly something done in an innocent, naivety way.
Maybe not a questionable call but a stupid lapse in judgment. By that same token while I think some of his actions were pretty stupid, I struggle to see that the owner is a mean spirited evil person who sets out to disrespect people's property which seems like what some posters are inferring.
While I agree that asking customers if he could drive their car to a meet is pretty unprofessional, I think it is out of naivete and that the owner thought that we're all members of this community and friends/friends of friends. I'm not sure if he would've reached out to a customer that was a complete stranger in that way. I can't speak for him and I don't know TS well, but this is just how I feel as an outsider that doesn't really have a dog in this fight.

It's my nature to be forgiving and to see the good in people as well as the opportunity to change when they are given a rude awakening. Some of you might remember ~a year ago when a bipolar man attacked my car and all of which was captured on my dash cam. I forgave the guy, didn't press any charges, and didn't go after him to repair the dent he put in my door despite what VPD offered. I felt like the lesson was learned and didn't need to pursue some kind of vengeance/retribution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acura604 View Post

annnnddd.... witchhunt
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-08-2015, 02:18 PM   #88
I'll never be Diggy, no matter how hard I try

Thanked 2,111 Times in 633 Posts
welp.. there goes income for leasing more space in the building for customer cars
trollguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 02:31 PM   #89
RS Licensed Vendor

Lets just take it easy on the poor guy. He's got my car still. Let him stop worrying about this thread so I can have my car back
#8-2900 Smith St
Richmond, BC

sales@bpgautosound.com
Cman333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 03:28 PM   #90
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cman333 View Post
Lets just take it easy on the poor guy. He's got my car still. Let him stop worrying about this thread so I can have my car back
I'm sure you will get it back after his trip to Whistler with it
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-08-2015, 03:42 PM   #91
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,841 Times in 386 Posts
I see some of the people defending this shop are friends with the owner on Facebook

Cman, what car is at this shop? I live right around the corner, let me keep an eye out for it tonight when I come home from work, maybe it'll be at "Thursday night meets"

Last edited by k3lv; 10-08-2015 at 04:43 PM.
k3lv is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-08-2015, 04:15 PM   #92
RS Licensed Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by k3lv View Post
I see some of the people defending this shop are friends on with the owner on Facebook

Cman, what car is at this shop? I live right around the corner, let me keep an eye out for it tonight when I come home from work, maybe it'll be at "Thursday night meets"
Black E90 M3
https://instagram.com/p/7QfW9aIxRv/?...vipautobodyinc

Pic was taken the first time I got the car back. It needed to be redone because of orange peel/dust/light cracks. So he opted to redo the job again. So it's there now since Sept 28. I hope paint comes out good. I'm not picky, but I still want color to match and to be better than before (few rock chips/spider cracks from previous botched paint job by previous owner). If this time doesn't come out right I'll have to settle something with Talah because I can't wait another 2 weeks to have it redone.

I've seen whiterockets car, and the jobs were acceptable. So I know they're capable of good work. But even when you're slammed, you can't put off quality. Ultimately it's your reputation on the line, you do bad work, it will spread like wildfire. Sometimes you just need to tell the new clients you're slammed, and they need to wait a little bit.

In terms of driving my car, he had to drive mine to drop off the car. Other times I don't know. I frown upon it. What's done is done. I let people drive my cars, so I'm not overly huffy about it. But I'm only okay with it if I KNOW you're driving it.

We'lll see tm I guess.
#8-2900 Smith St
Richmond, BC

sales@bpgautosound.com
Old 10-08-2015, 04:41 PM   #93
I don't get it

[RS surveillance] 10/8/2015 @ 1300h

Spotted black M3 E90 park outside, slightly parked in an angle, no bird droppings, seems like she was just moved there recently, no rubber patchs on the ground near the E90 which would tell me no e90 rubber has been burn as of reported time and date.
evlee is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-08-2015, 04:47 PM   #94
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,841 Times in 386 Posts
Will keep an eye out for the E90

If he did something stupid with everyone watching now, the shop owner may be the stupidest person on earth. The testament will be in the mid-term future, once they are back to being comfortable with their customers. That is, if there is a recovery at all. NO publicity is bad publicity right?

Last edited by k3lv; 10-08-2015 at 04:55 PM.
k3lv is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-08-2015, 04:51 PM   #95
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,825 Times in 523 Posts
Holy shit I was going to take my car to this guys praised shop on rs. He even pmd me to come to his shop cause I mentioned I got keyed. Thank god for this thread saved me from taking my car to a shit hole shop.
hotong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 05:19 PM   #96
RS Licensed Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by evlee View Post
[RS surveillance] 10/8/2015 @ 1300h

Spotted black M3 E90 park outside, slightly parked in an angle, no bird droppings, seems like she was just moved there recently, no rubber patchs on the ground near the E90 which would tell me no e90 rubber has been burn as of reported time and date.

HAHA MY BABYYYYYY

RS detectives on the case. I'm guessing the bumper isn't on yet. I have faith in Talah and crew but only time will tell. I don't think he's doing anything to spite any one, but young and inexperienced in this business. Not an excuse regardless, but understandable youngin mentality. I've been there before. Nothing to this degree, but sometimes you think these little things are okay and no big deal. Hope he realizes the mistakes and learns from it. It's hard to please everyone, but as long as the mass majority are happy is all that matters.
#8-2900 Smith St
Richmond, BC

sales@bpgautosound.com
This post thanked by:
Old 10-08-2015, 06:25 PM   #97
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cman333 View Post
Black E90 M3
https://instagram.com/p/7QfW9aIxRv/?...vipautobodyinc

Pic was taken the first time I got the car back. It needed to be redone because of orange peel/dust/light cracks. So he opted to redo the job again. So it's there now since Sept 28. I hope paint comes out good. I'm not picky, but I still want color to match and to be better than before (few rock chips/spider cracks from previous botched paint job by previous owner). If this time doesn't come out right I'll have to settle something with Talah because I can't wait another 2 weeks to have it redone.
2 weeks to paint a bumper? da faq
orange peel and dust nips can be polished out. Must have been not very good to warrant a respray
VR6GTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 06:26 PM   #98
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Did they take the wheels off or something??? Just drove by and there is no wheels on the car!! That same E90.
E-SPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-08-2015, 06:29 PM   #99
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

jk
E-SPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-08-2015, 06:36 PM   #100
RS Licensed Vendor

I'll thank and fail you. Right then and there I was like WTF what happened to the wheels. Damn troller
#8-2900 Smith St
Richmond, BC

sales@bpgautosound.com
This post thanked by: