REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   Electric and Hybrid Car Thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/706431-electric-hybrid-car-thread.html)

JDMDreams 04-19-2023 10:15 AM

Man what's with the new SUV EVs being so small. Saw more ariyas, solterra, bzev4ztrd4z and they all look so small compared to regular cars around them. The Ariya is the size of a lifted leaf.

Teriyaki 04-19-2023 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDMDreams (Post 9096444)
Man what's with the new SUV EVs being so small. Saw more ariyas, solterra, bzev4ztrd4z and they all look so small compared to regular cars around them. The Ariya is the size of a lifted leaf.

Because thats exactly what it basically is...

Thinking they're small because they're easier to build with the "capacity" of the battery tech in them. Way easier to hit those range and speed targets when you carry less weight.

Koflach 04-19-2023 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TypeRNammer (Post 9096416)
Was just looking at the price drops.

The base Model Y is starting to look like a real bargain at $46,990 USD

Just a matter of time until it shows up on our side of the border. Then orders will be flying throughout the door.

My wife has an ID4 pro that I am encouraging her to sell if/when the base Model Y shows up. She likes the build quality of the ID4 but the software on it is just garbage.

JDMDreams 04-19-2023 07:51 PM

What's wrong with the software?

Alpine 04-20-2023 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TypeRNammer (Post 9096416)
Was just looking at the price drops.

The base Model Y is starting to look like a real bargain at $46,990 USD

Just a matter of time until it shows up on our side of the border. Then orders will be flying throughout the door.

Model Y AWD is the same price as the top trim rav4 & crv hybrids in the US (~$50k USD)... that's crazy.

Getting the same price parity here (Even if it's a model Y RWD) would force a Tesla onto our driveway (and that's with a wife who hates Tesla). At that point it becomes too good to pass up.

whitev70r 04-20-2023 09:57 AM

Time to buy some TSLA stocks ... went down like 18% today.

Koflach 04-20-2023 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alpine (Post 9096575)
Model Y AWD is the same price as the top trim rav4 & crv hybrids in the US (~$50k USD)... that's crazy.

Getting the same price parity here (Even if it's a model Y RWD) would force a Tesla onto our driveway (and that's with a wife who hates Tesla). At that point it becomes too good to pass up.

The base version of the Model Y is a phenomenal deal as it is still an AWD vehicle, it just has a little less battery capacity and is slightly slower than the long range dual motor Model Y. If it was available up here, we would have one on order.

TypeRNammer 04-20-2023 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koflach (Post 9096616)
The base version of the Model Y is a phenomenal deal as it is still an AWD vehicle, it just has a little less battery capacity and is slightly slower than the long range dual motor Model Y. If it was available up here, we would have one on order.

Same here

I would order one immediately and replace our Model 3

Then I would replace my BMW X1 with a Prius Prime as my work commuter car.

Alpine 04-20-2023 08:50 PM

Shit and it happened. Model Y RWD is now available @ 60k on the websiteX qualifies for both federal and prov rebates.

Model Y AWD also qualifies for both rebates now.

TypeRNammer 04-20-2023 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alpine (Post 9096643)
Shit and it happened. Model Y RWD is now available @ 60k on the websiteX qualifies for both federal and prov rebates.

I just saw it on RFD and surprised to see it this quickly on our side of the border

radeonboy 04-20-2023 09:03 PM

$60K for a Model Y is a lot of car, even before the government incentives. Guess we're going to have another way of Model Y owners in the city.

TypeRNammer 04-20-2023 09:57 PM

If the Texas spec Model Y was available, it would slot in between the base RWD and LR AWD

That would be the model I would consider

Traum 04-20-2023 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alpine (Post 9096643)

Yeah, with the $9k rebate, IMO the Model Y long range AWD is the best bang for the buck if you can swing the $70k purchase price -- better than the TM3 RWD and TMY RWD.

And it SUCKS that I am not in a position to even just consider it LOL~ FailFish

JDMDreams 04-20-2023 10:19 PM

So it's 51k for a model y?

TypeRNammer 04-20-2023 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDMDreams (Post 9096652)
So it's 51k for a model y?

Base Model Y $59990
Delivery and fees $2000

$61990 before tax, after tax $69428.80

After rebates $60428.80 if you meet the requirements for the BC rebates

Araaadi 04-20-2023 10:36 PM

Looking at the existing inventory, is there really no wait time for a black AWD model Y?

Very tempting, I'm paying over $1000 a month in gas now for my truck. Wouldn't be a bad idea to put that towards a model Y.

cafe22 04-20-2023 11:38 PM

People who bought the Y in early 2023 must be so pissed RN

Badhobz 04-21-2023 12:30 AM

The delta between the model 3 and Y is so narrow right now I’m sure the guys who just got model 3s are gonna be losing it.

supafamous 04-21-2023 05:48 AM

Can't wrap my head around buying a car from the world's biggest, richest crybaby though.

Gumby 04-21-2023 07:14 AM

I Can’t do it; just don’t like the way the car looks inside and out, regardless of price.

Badhobz 04-21-2023 08:20 AM

I woke up and asked angry tiny spy balloon if she wants a tesla model Y.

she's like NO

then i went into this on sided argument

HEY! its only 400 bucks a month after rebates and fuel savings. we can get my folks to get the BC rebate and and....

her response: NO

HEY! you can drive it everyday and save gas by plugging it in.... and....

her response: NO shut the fuck up, i dont want a tesla

HEY! then i can daily drive the RX and we can finally sell the ES... and i can buy FL5?...

she didnt even respond, she just walked away

:okay::okay:

Traum 04-21-2023 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supafamous (Post 9096669)
Can't wrap my head around buying a car from the world's biggest, richest crybaby though.

I am not a fan of Musk's stupid attention-seeking antics either, but there is no doubt that the guy is a genius of his time, and a legitimate disrupter who has totally transformed the way our world works. Tesla and SpaceX alone are monumental in the way they have transformed society.

And being the cheap bastard that I am, I just can't say no to a good deal (if I have the money to pull the trigger lol~).

68style 04-21-2023 10:24 AM

Is it a good deal tho? I mean... you love your Mazda2 and that cost like 1/4 the Y brand new and uses barely any gas as it is.

Keeping your money in your pocket is the best deal of all.

whitev70r 04-21-2023 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Traum (Post 9096675)
I am not a fan of Musk's stupid attention-seeking antics either, but there is no doubt that the guy is a genius of his time, and a legitimate disrupter who has totally transformed the way our world works. Tesla and SpaceX alone are monumental in the way they have transformed society.

You forgot Twitter among his list of accomplishments.

Badhobz 04-21-2023 10:47 AM

I watched a documentary on Henry Ford recently (Amazon prime) and Elon is going down the same path. Henry just wanted to mobilize the masses and ensure that everyone has a vehicle they can own/afford. But then he started believe his own propaganda and what was a rural farm boy turned into a megalomaniac dictator. While he was the first to introduce 5 dollars a day pay for his worker, he also hired goons to beat them up if they tried to unionize.

This shit sounds a lot like Elon.