REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Trader Joe's (https://www.revscene.net/forums/708448-trader-joes.html)

BIC_BAWS 09-02-2022 04:41 PM

There was a Filipino chick on the Canadian side that I was chatting with about HondaFest. There was also a blonde that gave me shit for pausing when saying my city - I lived in Richmond for 25 years and then moved out of the city. I just told her that she's really pretty and she makes me nervous LMAOOO

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

MG1 09-02-2022 04:45 PM

You actually said that? That’s okay, I find women really like it when you tell them they have beautiful eyes. As long as you say it while you look at her eyes and not elsewhere, gulololololol.

Also, don’t even look in the direction of the name tag. Like a colleague once told me, “Learn to look without looking. It’s an art.”

BIC_BAWS 09-02-2022 05:29 PM

I mean I didn't have anything to hide anyway .. except for the 3 jerry cans that I never outright declare lol

BIC_BAWS 09-04-2022 12:10 AM

I went down today. Bunch of dicks working today. Both US side and Canadian side, Nexus lane.

US Side

Me: we are going to Marysville to buy wheels
US: so you are buying car tires?
Me: no wheels.
US: the thing the tires go on?
Me: yes.
US: are you meeting up with anyone?
Me: the guy selling the wheels. [emoji88]

Canada Side:

Your bill of sale looks sketchy. Let's seize these wheels and waste your time for 3 hours. The bill of sale shows amount, the item purchased, and a signature from the seller. They tried to argue that anyone could sign something, which is true, but same can be said about literally everything including buying a car or a house.

Canada Side was crazy tho. Some guy asked for asylum, some guy got pulled in for excessive alcohol purchase, some other guy got arrested.

Anyway TJs in Bellevue is pretty solid. Lots of good options. I can't wait to give my work dog the Salmon Jerky I bought him. I bought okra crisps for myself. It's pretty damn good. 200 calories for the bag and only net 7g carbs.

I'm really glad I don't have MJ access in America / a TJ in Canada. I would get myself in so much trouble buying random shit.

MG1 09-04-2022 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68style (Post 9074686)
does that count as bribing a border guard tho?

It's a tarp!

SSM_DC5 09-04-2022 12:33 PM

I've come across that bill of sale bit too from the Canadian side. I even had the seller put there phone number on the bill of sale. I told the agent to go call it if they don't believe the declared value.

68style 09-04-2022 02:38 PM

^ Yah fuck those guys when they start thinking they gotcha and go all accusation speak without probable cause.

bcrdukes 09-04-2022 04:01 PM

What does one need to do to avoid this sort of nonsense? Get the bill of sale notarized under oath?

SSM_DC5 09-04-2022 09:33 PM

^probably then accuse you of getting the embossing machine from Ali Express to forge notary.

bcrdukes 09-05-2022 01:38 AM

Touché. Well said. :accepted:

MG1 09-19-2022 09:48 PM

For the last three decades, I've been looking for Lemon Curd. Traditional lemon curds from Jolly ol' England. I remember having tried it when I was a wee little lad. Then, they were no longer on the shelves of Safeway and wharhaveyou. I think Marks & Spencer carried it for awhile. Trader Joe's Lemon Curds. My god, they are the original. There's E.D. Smith lemon spread and others like it, but nothing compares to Lemon Curd. The texture, the flavour............... anyway, I finally remembered to get it today. WOW!!!

One of those, "Gotta try it once," things. Even the jar is the same shape and size as I remember it from way back.

https://www.traderjoes.com/home/prod...on-curd-007850

EDIT: Oh, shit........ just went on Marks and Spencer's website. This is the one I remember. Jar with multiple flat sides. https://www.britishcornershop.co.uk/...n-curd?search=

I have to go to the store in Surrey to buy one and compare. NVM. It's "The British Store." They carry M&S items. Probably not the one in the link. SO, Trader Joe's it is. I mean, I can't imagine anything being better than Trader Joe's Lemon Curd. It's that good.

TypeRNammer 10-01-2022 10:50 AM

Trader Joe's Bellingham has thermal bags in stock

The orange color and the black color that's available.

MG1 10-01-2022 01:54 PM

Cooler bags from Trader Joe's are very nice. I have all the colours now. Black, Red, Blue, Orange, Purple, and Lime (Pukey colour yellow/green).

I stopped using thermal bags. They're the ones that are thin and metallic looking. When I go cross border shopping, I put a dozen or so ice packs (the Made in Japan kind from Daiso/Oomomo) in one of those hybrid coolers you get at Costco. Titan is the brand. When and if I decide to get ice cream, I put the ice cream in a hard coleman cooler which in turn I put into a cooler bag. Which then goes into the Titan. 40º outside temperature and the ice cream survives. Overkill, but it works, lol.

MG1 12-05-2022 10:17 PM

It's been a while since last update. Something I found very useful when you're in a pinch for something to make in an instant. Thai Wheat Noodles. Damn, these things are so convenient. You can microwave, boil, pan fry, and put it in oven. I just pan fry with whatever BBQ sauce I have on hand. Soy sauce, hoi sen, marinate, etc.

The box it comes in has three individual bags. They're basically instant udon. Very similar in size. Ready in minutes.

https://www.mashed.com/383792/trader...wheat-noodles/

Six Fortune Udon Noodles you get at Superstore and just about anywhere are so ghetto compared to these. Long shelf life, too.

MG1 12-05-2022 10:25 PM

Another weird and wAnderful product is the Ginger Drink Powder.

What's Good at Trader Joe's?: Trader Joe's 100% Ginger Drink Mix

100% ginger. I mix it into soy sauce and use it to pour over cold tofu. It's great. Nothing but pure ginger from Vietnam, iirc.

Anyway, you can use it to cook with, I suppose. It's a powder with none of that stringy shit that's in ginger. I haven't tried it as a drink, but soy sauce with this powder is da bomb. My guess is it'd be good with sashimi. Although, Keen's Hot Mustard is still my go to for sashimi. Anyway..................

mikemhg 12-06-2022 03:41 PM

I HIGHLY recommend those frozen battered Thai bananas.

Holy fuck I ate the box in 2 nights... Throw em in the air fryer and it's a delicious little dessert.

sonick 01-14-2023 06:09 PM

Gonna make a trip to TJs this week, whats a good place to eat in the area while we're down there?

TypeRNammer 01-14-2023 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonick (Post 9087439)
Gonna make a trip to TJs this week, whats a good place to eat in the area while we're down there?

Boomer's Drive in Burger is within proximity of the Trader Joe's

They currently have a 34th anniversary deal that's listed on their Facebook page. All burgers on their menu for $3.44 USD

MG1 01-23-2023 03:47 PM

Trader Joe's People's Choice Awards Results............

Trader Joe's - Your Neighborhood Grocery Store

MG1 08-20-2023 12:11 AM

I forgot to mention that I have been using this shampoo from Trader Joe's called Tea Tree Tingle Shampoo. Man, this thing is not the usual shampoo. It has ingredients that wakes up your scalp. Tingly feeling. I've been actually using it for years. Well, I like the shampoo so much, I tried the body wash version of the shampoo. Whoa, nellie.............. it puts a tingle on your whole body. My balls, especially. Reading the reviews, most people mention this. I've been using this for about a month. This morning, when I reached for the body wash, I grabbed my old Irish Spring body wash by mistake. You know the lyrics to Big Yellow Taxi? You don't know what you've got til it's gone................ I miss the tingle.

https://www.popsugar.com/beauty/trad...eview-48229561

Another benefit is that it has anti fungal and anti bacterial ingredients. If everybody used this body wash, there would be no chance of "The Last of Us." happening.

BTW, there are more potent tingly body washes out there. The TJ's is just right. Not too tingly on the balls.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...oes-viral.html

Em Gee Juan senses are tingling

MG1 08-20-2023 04:32 PM

https://www.traderjoes.com/home/prod.../kimbap-076023

Frozen.............. that is so, so wrong.

whitev70r 08-20-2023 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MG1 (Post 9107032)
I forgot to mention that I have been using this shampoo from Trader Joe's called Tea Tree Tingle Shampoo. Man, this thing is not the usual shampoo. It has ingredients that wakes up your scalp. Tingly feeling. I've been actually using it for years. Well, I like the shampoo so much, I tried the body wash version of the shampoo. Whoa, nellie.............. it puts a tingle on your whole body. My balls, especially.

Yes, one of my fave TJ products, discovered it as well. Just love Tea Tree scent and these products are home runs.

Traum 08-20-2023 05:43 PM

How can frozen kimbap possibly taste good?! And it just seems odd when you can pick up a fresh one for $5 locally.

MG1 08-20-2023 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Traum (Post 9107065)
How can frozen kimbap possibly taste good?! And it just seems odd when you can pick up a fresh one for $5 locally.

Two possible reasons

1. amurican

2. caucasians

Razor Ramon HG 08-20-2023 10:23 PM

I actually saw it from it from this video on Instagram.

Got me intrigued, but yes, you can buy kimbap for similar price locally at H-Mart.

I think this is more of the convenience of having kimbap whenever. And if it tastes good, I think it's worth stocking up on a few.