REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Trader Joe's (https://www.revscene.net/forums/708448-trader-joes.html)

MG1 04-17-2016 11:40 PM

Some really great suggestions. I have unlimited US data, so every time I'm at TJ's Imma gonna bring up this thread....... keep on keeping on, RS

murd0c 04-18-2016 08:03 AM

The Shrimp curry gyoza is fucken money as well!!

http://i.imgur.com/liCt98a.png

MG1 04-18-2016 07:15 PM

Okay, taking the plug in cooler and some gel packs, lol.

MG1 04-19-2016 08:18 PM

Just got back with just about everything mentioned in this thread. Forgot the cooler, so no frozen stuff till next week. Going to try one thing a day. Today was the Uncured bacon jerky. Holy crap, it's so damn good. A little spicy for my liking, but damn......... not disappointed

murd0c 04-19-2016 08:19 PM

just get a trader joes cooler bag, they work awesome

MG1 04-19-2016 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murd0c (Post 8748637)
just get a trader joes cooler bag, they work awesome

LOL, I have a set in all my cars. The blue one and the red one (best one two punch). I stayed in Bellingham longer than usual and it was uber hot today. All I needed was some gel packs, but forgot.

I also have the huge-ass Costco cooler bag, but my all time favourite, hands down, is the Trader Joe's Blue cooler bag. Plus, it looks so nice.

MG1 04-19-2016 08:29 PM

For those who don't know what murd0c and I are talking about, found a pic of it........ Amazon, wtf?

http://www.amazon.com/Trader-Joes-In.../dp/B00DCEM32O

Hehe 04-21-2016 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpartanAir (Post 8747760)

And these are goddamn addicting. Sea salt and Turbinado sugar dark chocolate almonds. Be warned, you will be addicted.

http://media2.popsugar-assets.com/fi...-Almonds-4.jpg

Love seeing other people's favourites! That's it...I'm going down to stock up.

I just got these today following the suggestion. OMG! It's so fucking money!

I ate one... and then another few more... then I thought "damn I'm supposed to be on diet". Finally, I was like "diet? :fuckthatshit: " and ended with 1/4 box left by the time I reached border.

6thGear. 04-21-2016 06:20 PM

Just finished the crunchy cookie butter. I literally licked the insides clean and my gf calls me a savage:badpokerface:

MG1 05-10-2016 06:52 PM

Went this afternoon and checked out their "new items" end cap. They had these Dark Chocolate Cacao Nibs. I bought a bag. Sooooo good.

Dark Chocolate Cacao Nibs | Trader Joe's

Small bag, but $1.99 US

The kicker? It's processed in Canada!

Probably $5.99 here

Digitalis 05-10-2016 08:26 PM

What plan ? How much?
Quote:

Originally Posted by MG1 (Post 8748106)
Some really great suggestions. I have unlimited US data, so every time I'm at TJ's Imma gonna bring up this thread....... keep on keeping
on, RS

MG1 05-10-2016 09:02 PM

Oh, Wind Mobile Smartphone Plan. Below is what is included in my plan - it has changed slightly from a few months ago, but similar.

$50.00 / month.

Coverage is getting better. For me, it works.

Quote:

Unlimited Data (8GB Full speed allotment)
Unlimited Canada-wide Texting
Unlimited Global Texting
Unlimited Canada/US-wide Calling
Unlimited Canada/US-wide Picture/Video Messaging
Voicemail+
Call Control (Caller ID, Missed Call Alerts, Conference Calling, Call Forwarding, Call Waiting)
World Saver Talk & Text
Unlimited US Roaming Unlimited Data, Text and 2400 minutes of CA/US-wide Talk
World Traveller reduced international roaming rates
Use your unlimited features anywhere on our network

syee 05-10-2016 09:40 PM

If you like cookies, this is probably one of my favourites there. White chocolate pistachio butter cookies.

http://i.imgur.com/eUrOOBK.jpg

Durrann 05-23-2016 06:11 PM

i went down to seattle TJ's but didn't see the bacon jerky. darn

MG1 05-23-2016 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Durrann (Post 8757918)

It's one of those items they hang from wherever. They are not on the shelves.

Did you ask one of the workers there? When I first looked for them, I couldn't find them, either.

HonestTea 05-23-2016 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MG1 (Post 8757925)
It's one of those items they hang from wherever. They are not on the shelves.

Did you ask one of the workers there? When I first looked for them, I couldn't find them, either.

Same. I had to ask one of the workers and it was hanging near the checkout pillars.

Bacon Jerky is a solid 10/10

MG1 05-23-2016 07:33 PM

I have to find a recipe somewhere, 'cause they're so addictive and they cost a lot. They weigh next to nothing and when you figure out how much per pound, it's scary.

Ch28 05-23-2016 07:47 PM

http://www.amazon.com/Presto-06300-D...dp/B008H2OELY/

Buy that dehydrator and make your own jerky.

lilaznviper 05-23-2016 09:43 PM

went down this weekend... and my roam mobility sim wouldn't activate so forgot what i needed to get. but i remember some things. got the dark chocolate almonds and and the peanut butter cups

which trader joes do you guys go mostly?

syee 05-23-2016 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Durrann (Post 8757918)

I was there this afternoon around 5'ish at the Bellingham store and there were at least 5 or 6 packs there. (not that it helps. :P)

MG1 05-23-2016 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilaznviper (Post 8757989)
went down this weekend... and my roam mobility sim wouldn't activate so forgot what i needed to get. but i remember some things. got the dark chocolate almonds and and the peanut butter cups

Fricken Roam Mobility shit service. I ran into same problem last year. Scheduled it to start at 8:00 am, but it ended up taking until 2:30 pm. By that time, it was useless.

Wasted money.

When I didn't have any US phone, I used to go to public libraries or lobbies at hotels to surf and print coupons that I forgot to print out at home, lol.

Like those freebie coupons from Harbor Freight.

Oh, I go to Bellingham TJ's, of course, and the one on Roosevelt Street in Seattle's U-District.

Hehe 05-24-2016 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilaznviper (Post 8757989)

Get an actual US sim card.

Ringplus runs promo from time to time with some crazy amount of data/text/talk for free. All you need is the first initial deposit (anywhere between 20~30USD, which stays in your account so you can buy add-ons). It runs on Sprint and you get LTE as well. Then it's free.

If you are interested, I have a spare Sprint sim to give away. I got it to get Ringplus but had to get a different one because it wouldn't work on my iPhone (it's for Samsung S6/S6E). And as it turns out, it's actually some problem from Ringplus and its MVNO setting with Sprint, which they still haven't fixed. So, only data works for now and I have to route the calling with a VOIP client and use data for phone calls. But I'm not complaining... 2GB of LTE data for free.

SpartanAir 05-24-2016 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hehe (Post 8749286)
I just got these today following the suggestion. OMG! It's so fucking money!

I ate one... and then another few more... then I thought "damn I'm supposed to be on diet". Finally, I was like "diet? :fuckthatshit: " and ended with 1/4 box left by the time I reached border.

Just saw this!

Ha! I told you! You can't stop eating them! I always bring a couple boxes back, and they disappear so quick. I keep going back to the cupboard for one more...and one more... and one more...

:badpokerface:

6thGear. 05-24-2016 11:15 AM

I went to the TJ in Bellevue. They didn't have anything different than the bellingham one. Got some new stuff to share when I get home.

lilaznviper 05-24-2016 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hehe (Post 8758026)
Get an actual US sim card.

Ringplus runs promo from time to time with some crazy amount of data/text/talk for free. All you need is the first initial deposit (anywhere between 20~30USD, which stays in your account so you can buy add-ons). It runs on Sprint and you get LTE as well. Then it's free.

If you are interested, I have a spare Sprint sim to give away. I got it to get Ringplus but had to get a different one because it wouldn't work on my iPhone (it's for Samsung S6/S6E). And as it turns out, it's actually some problem from Ringplus and its MVNO setting with Sprint, which they still haven't fixed. So, only data works for now and I have to route the calling with a VOIP client and use data for phone calls. But I'm not complaining... 2GB of LTE data for free.

I looked into ringplus and looks good. Free every 30 days. I guess for more data you have to add money in but only be used if you go over the limit which is rare for one day trips. which isn't bad at all.

I guess it doesn't hurt to try. i can take away the spare sim card if you still got it.