REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 02-03-2021, 10:46 PM   #4776
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,822 Times in 3,903 Posts
catless and loud exhausts annoy me more than just about anything

but wtf does his living situation have any relevance?

it's the way the officers conducted this that should be disturbing to even mundane bone stock owners

it was OFF ROAD (not on a public highway) and NOT being operated, full stop.

like what's next, if i clear my throat then law enforcement will send reinforcements to weld my door for 14 days?
Advertisement
twitchyzero is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-03-2021, 10:50 PM   #4777

and i see very little incentive for the owner to misrepresent what happened, especially the part about box 1 crackdown and it was coming top down, very concerning...jesus

between the traffic unit and the incoming for-fee residential parking, CoV is not just on a steep but also a rapid decline

few weeks ago there were two speed traps maybe 10 blocks from each other...
Old 02-03-2021, 11:04 PM   #4778
I STILL don't get it

Woah woah woah... guys, why hasn't anyone said anything about egging the neighbor's house who called it in? First order of business, hit that house with some eggs for retribution. Worry about those tickets later.
prudz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-03-2021, 11:26 PM   #4779
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by prudz View Post
Woah woah woah... guys, why hasn't anyone said anything about egging the neighbor's house who called it in? First order of business, hit that house with some eggs for retribution. Worry about those tickets later.
I’m glad someone else said it.
Old 02-03-2021, 11:28 PM   #4780
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
catless and loud exhausts annoy me more than just about anything

but wtf does his living situation have any relevance?

it's the way the officers conducted this that should be disturbing to even mundane bone stock owners

it was OFF ROAD (not on a public highway) and NOT being operated, full stop.

like what's next, if i clear my throat then law enforcement will send reinforcements to weld my door for 14 days?
We'll does anyone with half a brain really think this guy does not drive his vehicle on the road with previous boxes, tickets, complaints and current valid insurance. Do you really think he modifies his car in the drive way to then spend 2-3 hours putting it back to stock before it leaves the garage?

That seems to meet the threshold of "reasonable or probable grounds" for an officer to issue him a box 1.
forcedot is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-04-2021, 02:12 AM   #4781
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,532 Times in 1,519 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikasaur View Post
So, you're all assuming the kid who still lives with daddy but spent all his (or daddys) money on making his car louder for..literally no reason other than to make it louder to make sure people look at him...isn't lying or exaggerating?

And you admit "we all know how loud that car is" but are still crying "cops don't know how loud that car is"?

This went from "don't VI stock cars" to "well maybe the guy installed the invidia exhaust that actually makes it quieter than stock and we should do a db test"? I guess it didn't occur to you that they might've seen the mods, or the neighbors have their own evidence, or the idiot kid even admitted all his mods?

Nah lets believe that he's 100% innocent cause I read it on the internet and it fits my narrative.
If I could fail posts on mobile, I'd give you 1000 of them. No one said he didn't deserve it. 100% he deserves it. This thread has never been kind to people who deserve it - we all know it's pay to play. We all know the risk.

What is, up for question, the legality of the VPD's actions.

Also news from the grapevine, can't quote source for reasons, but Richmond RCMP is going to be stepping it up on this topic. You can blame the kids who are posting across social media street drifting in Richmond. Stay away from Adessa.
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-04-2021, 05:56 AM   #4782
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,474 Times in 543 Posts
Might as well issue an ticket for my car with no insurance on MY property
RevYouUp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-04-2021, 07:03 AM   #4783
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,926 Times in 3,878 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dark0821 View Post
WHAT IF...
That's a whole lot of what ifs, and a whole lot of assumptions. Sure that's possible, but it's far more likely they'd just check every white car on the street and see which doesn't have a stock exhaust tip before ringing the doorbell.

There's far more plausible scenarios so freaking out over a bunch of what ifs based on a couple lines from the dude with the obnoxious FRS seems a bit much.

For all we know his dad reported it cause he's sick of it too.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 08:44 AM   #4784
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

This is interesting topic for me. A few years ago, there was a guy with a red Civic that lived across the street from me that had a loud exhaust, but I used to have one on my Civic as well and I can appreciate it.

Unfortunately, he would park in front of my house instead of his own house. What was annoying though was that everyday, he would turn on his car and leave it on for half an hour or more and just sit in the car. Then after, he'd turn it off and go back in his house.

This was always happening right when my kids were taking their afternoon nap and the noise would wake them up or keep them up. I don't mind loud exhausts if you are respectful, but he'd turn on his car and leave it running for over half an hour everyday. Plus, my wife was on maternity leave during that time so she was home all the time. He was basically in the car listening to music I think.

Finally, she got fed up after about a month of this and called the VPD. By the time they came, he had already turned off his car and went back to his house. I'm sure it wasn't Cain who came because here was what the Officer told us:

We can't do anything unless we catch him in his car with it on. Because it's parked then we can't do anything.

Funny thing though is about a week later, he actually moved, but I would still see his car drive by once in a while for about a month.

Basically, I'm surprised in the case that was posted on Facebook that they actually went and got him to turn it on. However, I think in that case, maybe the dad invited the cops in and basically gave his consent for them to talk to his kid. I can imagine the dad going "I don't want to deal with this, it's my son's car, you talk to him". I know that's what my parents would say.

In my case, the guy could have just refused and they couldn't do anything about it. Heck, he could even say it wasn't his car as it was parked on the street in front of my house.
wing_woo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 08:50 AM   #4785
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
I’m glad someone else said it.
Would you honestly be okay if this guy was your neighbor and he was ripping it home past midnight waking up your kid every night? Or if he decides to warm up his car for 10 minutes at 6 am waking you up each morning?
Expresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 08:59 AM   #4786
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,305 Times in 2,513 Posts
The kid didn't ever start the car for them to take a measurement:

Quote:
Cain ASSUMED my car was loud by looking at it, car was never turned on and a decibel test was NOT taken.
In that regard, I don't agree what Cain did was procedurally correct. But what would be interesting is, if the kid sues Cain or the VPD on the fact that the tickets were given entirely based on assumptions instead of Cain actually catching him on the act, what would happen then? Would the VPD summon the neighbour who filed the complain to be one of their witness at the court hearing? That'd be awkward lol~

The kid deserved getting ticketed, but only if he was caught in the act.
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 09:09 AM   #4787

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
The dad should have recorded the whole incident for documentation purposes. Neighbor files noise complaint, then where the hell is the "noise" when VPD got there at 7am. It's like he said/she said. How can VPD prove it was that car that made the noise, based on what the neighbors said? There could be 10 other loud cars around the block too. I'm not saying the car didn't deserve VI or whatever, just how the incident was handled.

And with city residential noise complaints, don't they normally give you a "warning" first before they slap you with a fine if it happens again?
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 09:17 AM   #4788

Quote:
Originally Posted by forcedot View Post
We'll does anyone with half a brain really think this guy does not drive his vehicle on the road with previous boxes, tickets, complaints...?
almost as crazy as trying to justify the guy who got dragged off the full flight with blood on his face because he wasn't a great doctor anyways

last i checked our system is still innocent until proven otherwise, so we really should make a stink about unconstitutional moves like enabling the power to revoke canadian-born citizenship or arrest motorists for DUI hours after driving
Old 02-04-2021, 09:18 AM   #4789
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,192 Times in 481 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by prudz View Post
I'd hang up pie plates instead
SSM_DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 09:56 AM   #4790
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,393 Times in 587 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Expresso View Post
Would you honestly be okay if this guy was your neighbor and he was ripping it home past midnight waking up your kid every night? Or if he decides to warm up his car for 10 minutes at 6 am waking you up each morning?
Whatever happened to talking to your neighbours? If some guy/kid had a loud vehicle I'd go knock on his door and talk to him about it like a civil person. Often a quick conversation can alleviate the issue that person didn't even know they were causing. I remember when I was younger I would work on project bikes in my driveway all the time, leave early, come home late, and some of my RC51's and Ducati's (v-twin sportbikes) were NOT quiet. One neighbour made a comment about me coming home late (I bounced at nightclubs so like 3am) with his young kids and from that point forward I killed the bike before his house and coasted past to pull in to mine. He thanked me a few weeks later.

If someone's immediate reaction is to call the cops on their neighbours without even talking to them, it's pretty evident who the asshole neighbour really is.

Also, Cain continues to be an embarrassment to the uniform. Saying that the provincial government is 'cracking down' and only issuing Box 1 inspections regardless of a vehicles issues is absolute horseshit. He's a liar and a bully, and he's just trying to hide and justify his petty childish behaviour as a police officer that continues to have a vendetta. Shameful.
JDął is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 10:06 AM   #4791
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,049 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDął View Post
petty childish behaviour as a police officer that continues to have a vendetta. Shameful.
You'd think that someone in law enforcement would have some kind of resolve to rise above things like this and genuinely educate people. Instead, we get to deal with a manchild armed with a Glock who would rather stretch the law to collectively punish people.
Old 02-04-2021, 10:31 AM   #4792
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,393 Times in 587 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorneringArtist View Post
You'd think that someone in law enforcement would have some kind of resolve to rise above things like this and genuinely educate people. Instead, we get to deal with a manchild armed with a Glock who would rather stretch the law to collectively punish people.
This is a major failure of the leadership of the VPD as well to not reign this behaviour in. Given the number of complaints and publicity this issue has garnered VPD leadership should have done some basic due diligence and looked in to why that was happening.

Whether there was noise complaint and the vehicle deserved it or not, a police officer coming on to private property at the crack of dawn and giving an inspection notice to a vehicle that's not running or on the public road is absolutely not operating within the spirit of the law. It's not a coincidence that Cain chose to respond to that random complaint, which further proves his immaturity as a man and a police officer. 7am? He probably started his shift and drove straight to this kids house rubbing his hands together like the petulant child he appears to be. He continues to erode public trust in the VPD and act in an authoritarian manner, and VPD leadership is complicit at this point.
JDął is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-04-2021, 11:35 AM   #4793
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,049 Posts
I mean, low trust in the Traffic division is one thing (which should be easy to curtail via proper investigation), but then you have the other ongoing issues in Vancouver proper that aren't being addressed that will affect trust as well. However, that's a different set of reasons as to why it's not being addressed.
Old 02-04-2021, 12:21 PM   #4794
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
Quote:
Whatever happened to talking to your neighbours? If some guy/kid had a loud vehicle I'd go knock on his door and talk to him about it like a civil person. Often a quick conversation can alleviate the issue that person didn't even know they were causing. I remember when I was younger I would work on project bikes in my driveway all the time, leave early, come home late, and some of my RC51's and Ducati's (v-twin sportbikes) were NOT quiet. One neighbour made a comment about me coming home late (I bounced at nightclubs so like 3am) with his young kids and from that point forward I killed the bike before his house and coasted past to pull in to mine. He thanked me a few weeks later.
You're one of the few courteous people left in the human race. Look at the world we live in now. You know the response I got? It's detrimental for my motor if I don't. No change.
Expresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 12:43 PM   #4795

Thanked 4,532 Times in 1,519 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Expresso View Post
You're one of the few courteous people left in the human race. Look at the world we live in now. You know the response I got? It's detrimental for my motor if I don't. No change.
LMFAO just dumb kids honestly. When I was working on my car and I saw my neighbour outside cutting grass, I walked over and asked them if I was being loud and to let me know if I was being too loud. I was taking a sledgehammer to Skunkworks' rusty old brakes LOL

I try to be as neighbourly as possible.

Speaking of dumb kids, someone found Chief Palmer's Instagram and on a post regarding the homicide of an old woman, they posted stuff about Cain and someone even called him a dickhead. I know ppl gonna hit me with the respect that needs to earned bs, but time and place. There's a reason why PCA got their message across. An organization and they were respectful throughout the whole process. Smh.
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-04-2021, 12:48 PM   #4796
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,727 Times in 894 Posts
^ another 2 shootings last night, at least 2 dead but exhausts are gang gang. Sadly this is how we have to voice our concerns now a days. We can't pressure them legally, cuz they can hide behind bureaucracy. We have to hit them where it hurts, public image and pockets.
JDMDreams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 01:09 PM   #4797
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,727 Times in 894 Posts
They have no resources to check this out but they do have resources for 7am vis

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...rant-1.5900343
JDMDreams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 01:09 PM   #4798
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
The kid didn't ever start the car for them to take a measurement:

In that regard, I don't agree what Cain did was procedurally correct. But what would be interesting is, if the kid sues Cain or the VPD on the fact that the tickets were given entirely based on assumptions instead of Cain actually catching him on the act, what would happen then? Would the VPD summon the neighbour who filed the complain to be one of their witness at the court hearing? That'd be awkward lol~

The kid deserved getting ticketed, but only if he was caught in the act.
100%
You can't charge someone with a violation or crime because you THINK they will, or have the capability of doing so. If that's the case, might as well issue excessive speeding and immediate impound to ALL parked cars because they have the capability to speed.

In addition, the police need to follow the charter of rights and freedoms when doing shit like this. So many cases get thrown out because a cop didn't follow, or the video didn't completely show "beyond a reasonable doubt" that the crime was committed.

Also if it was a noise complaint, you can't just go confiscate their shit. How likely is it a person mowing their lawn at an ungodly hour, cop comes and says fuck your lawn, fuck your mower, I'm taking it.
LengJai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 01:11 PM   #4799
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMDreams View Post
They have no resources to check this out but they do have resources for 7am vis

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...rant-1.5900343
lol, this was the first case that popped into my head.... An actual viable crime that has the potential for disastrous consequences... vs a noisy car.
LengJai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 01:32 PM   #4800
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Also, Cain continues to be an embarrassment to the uniform. Saying that the provincial government is 'cracking down' and only issuing Box 1 inspections regardless of a vehicles issues is absolute horseshit. He's a liar and a bully, and he's just trying to hide and justify his petty childish behaviour as a police officer that continues to have a vendetta. Shameful.
He must be so proud of himself when he stares at himself in the mirror everyday. "Cain you're great. You're doing a great job at keeping the streets safe". This guy must have been a prick growing up.

EDIT: Saw a photo of him. Definitely looks like one
BlackV62K2 is online now   Reply With Quote