REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 03-09-2021, 06:17 AM   #4876
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,738 Times in 956 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro7r View Post
I'll chime in as I was in court a few weeks ago to dispute my allegations. I got dinged January 2020 for loud exhaust/widened outlet/clear side markers.

Unless you have a lawyer, VPD no show, or you bring hard evidence, chances are no chance of winning. Reason is there is collusion between the judges and VPD, they know each other so well as VPD always in court. There is favoritism on VPD 100% of the time.
What is the rule on sidemarkers?
Advertisement
trollface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 08:11 AM   #4877
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

I had side markers on the front of my Mazda6 before. I decided one morning to make it back to stock and sell off my clear side markers. Lucky I did it too cause I got pulled over at a roadblock that night and the first thing the cop did was look at the side markers. Unfortunately, he dinged me for 'factory' front window tint, which ended up getting thrown out in court as the officer admitted his mistake and pleaded no contest.

Basically, for each side of your car, there must be an amber reflector near the front and a red one near the back.

If you satisfy that, you can have an additional white side marker if I'm not mistaken.

Basically the rule is so you know which way a car is facing at night if their lights aren't on.

Last edited by wing_woo; 03-09-2021 at 10:50 AM.
wing_woo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 11:10 AM   #4878
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

I find the Tesla Model 3 quite sneaky with their front amber light. It's hidden behind the middle of the front bumper therefore looking straight on you can't see any amber at all. You can only see a slight amber dot when looking from a side profile.
vash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 02:31 PM   #4879
private modder

Thanked 2,652 Times in 741 Posts
Has anyone considered contacting the ARA? They have a division in BC who represents the interests of auto repair shops in BC. If you were an independent shop, you might have an issue with VPD sending all the VIs to shops of their choosing. If anyone wants to reach out to them, the contact info for the guy (Ken) is on this page: https://www.ara.bc.ca/about-ara/ara-divisions/
Eff-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-10-2021, 09:29 AM   #4880
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,049 Posts
VPD protesting their budget freeze despite getting funding above inflation for years, yet Cain and Co. have enough resources for a harassment campaign?

Quote:

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/cana...-city-council/

The Vancouver police board has taken the unprecedented step of asking the province to review city council’s decision to freeze the Vancouver Police Department’s 2021 budget, saying the move amounts to a funding cut that does not consider the impact on public safety.

Council decided to hold the department’s 2021 budget to the same $340-million as the previous year. But Barj Dhahan, vice-chair of the police board, said in a statement Tuesday that amounts to a $5.7-million cut because the freeze won’t cover the cost of inflation or planned salary increases.

Mr. Dhahan’s statement said the decision means that the department can’t hire 61 new officers, as planned and “was made without any analysis or risk assessment regarding public safety impacts.”

That has prompted circumspect but dismayed messages from the Mayor and a councillor who was one of the strongest supporters of the no-increase police budget.

The budget was passed as many cities experienced huge losses because of the pandemic, reductions in many categories of crime because of the resulting changes in work and other activities, and a big social movement in the United States and Canada urging cities to reduce police budgets. That movement sprang up in the wake of George Floyd’s death at the hands of police in Minneapolis, and urged councils to spend more instead on social programs or intervenors with different skills from police.

Vancouver Mayor Kennedy Stewart said the city was facing significant challenges with an $85-million revenue loss because of the pandemic, and many in the public supported reducing the police budget.

“Vancouver’s police budget has increased 70 per cent over the last 10 years, growing from around $200-million in 2010 to $340-million in 2020 and makes up over 20 per cent of our operating budget,” his statement said. “Given pandemic economic pressures, council decided to hold the 2021 police budget steady, while at the same time boosting funding for community policing centres to $300,000 to enhance public safety.”

OneCity Councillor Christine Boyle also argued that the city had been forced to make cuts in every department, so the police status-quo budget was reasonable in comparison.

And, she said in an e-mailed statement, that she hopes the province’s larger review of the Police Act could demonstrate that more money for police is not the answer to cities’ social issues.

“I hope that the provincial review … will look at the impact that decades of underfunding of mental health, housing and social services has had on local governments and on an over-reliance on policing.”

Vancouver city council has had tense negotiations before with the Vancouver police, a department that tends to respond vigorously to any pushback on its budget requests. But the request for a provincial review from the board is a first, according to Tom Stamatakis, the former head of the Vancouver Police Union and the current president of the Canadian Police Association.

Other councils have been wary of the potential for resistance from police boards, especially after the Victoria police board requested provincial review two years in a row recently and saw the province’s police-services division agree with the board – and not the Victoria and Esquimalt councils – that more officers should be hired.

One New Westminster councillor said he ultimately decided not to vote in favour of a reduced police budget for 2021 partly because he was concerned the city would spend six months and a lot of energy fighting with police over the decision instead of focusing on improving services.

“Recognizing that no one’s been successful in pushing back on police-board budgets, I didn’t think we were going to win this fight,” said Patrick Johnstone. “The system is set up for the police board to decide the budget.”

Mr. Stewart is the chair of the Vancouver police board, but does not have a vote and, because of the disagreement between the board and council, has stepped away from being the spokesperson for the board.

In spite of the movement to reduce police funding, research has shown that very few cities have passed any reductions.
Old 03-10-2021, 09:39 AM   #4881
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
VPD needs to STFU and quit being a whining bitch. All city departments and staff already took cuts in some shape or form and these morons don't think they should impacted. There was a period of time last year when the city was dead quiet when Covid hit, I'm sure a lot of VPD staff were sitting around doing shit all and being paid to do nothing.
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 10:07 AM   #4882
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,438 Times in 5,110 Posts
Yah maybe they should re-prioritize their resources.

Instead of giving Cain & Co. undercover F-150's and Sienna's... redistribute them out of harassment patrol on Kingsway and down to the DTES where he can shakedown jaywalkers and drug addicts instead.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 10:13 AM   #4883
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

VPD be like: Loud exhaust > junkies breaking into businesses/homes & assaulting people. We must crack down on dem loud exhaust to keep the people safe
BlackV62K2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 11:48 AM   #4884
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSALES View Post
A full video interaction with Officer Buckingham

https://youtu.be/0MebUCmJFns
You know what really pisses me off about this, is the time the cop spent on this person. Unless the driver was drift king all over the road and blow reds and shit, what's the point of all that?
If he spent that time harassing him, swapped it over to posting up at a red at any intersection in Vancouver, he would actually make a difference to all the red light runners, u-turners etc.
If they actually properly piled their resources into actual hazardous and dangerous driving, maybe they would actually be doing their job.

Taking precedence over "annoying car" over "car takes the life of someone" is plain ridiculous.
Last year, February, family friend was struck and killed by an X5 who blasted through the red... claims they can find the person cuz the grill came off. Till this day, nothing. Like, what the fuck are the VPD doing? Do some real work for fucks sake
LengJai is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-10-2021, 12:00 PM   #4885
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSS View Post
Whats scary about him now referring people to private shops is the fact that he has probably been there and made deals with these shops to not pass modified cars at all.

People are saying he may be getting paid off by certain shops to have cars sent there for inspections, which i think is a little far fetched... But I definitely wouldnt put it passed him to have deals in place with places like west coast alignment and frame where he has been there and said "im gonna start sending cars to you for inspections, DO NOT PASS MODIFIED CARS"

Hes not stupid enough to be doing this for financial gain, but his head definitely seems big enough where he would want to be able to control what can and cant pass through certain shops.
WTF I brought my Audi there to change my suspensions after a VI, the old guy told me I had to go to Audi in Langley for that. Because it has to be from a certified dealership capable of doing the inspection.

BC is a joke anyway.
Balrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 06:44 PM   #4886
GC8
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Thanked 1,146 Times in 121 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
Yah maybe they should re-prioritize their resources.

Instead of giving Cain & Co. undercover F-150's and Sienna's... redistribute them out of harassment patrol on Kingsway and down to the DTES where he can shakedown jaywalkers and drug addicts instead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackV62K2 View Post
VPD be like: Loud exhaust > junkies breaking into businesses/homes & assaulting people. We must crack down on dem loud exhaust to keep the people safe
No money in doing the right thing. Cain & Co I bet generate the most revenue for VPD. The only option is to stop giving them opportunities.
GC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 07:19 PM   #4887
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
Thank god the VPD is nailing these ‘loud exhausts’ but leaving vehicles like this on the road

Old 03-10-2021, 07:29 PM   #4888
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by GC8 View Post
No money in doing the right thing. Cain & Co I bet generate the most revenue for VPD. The only option is to stop giving them opportunities.
Obligatory: VI's and tickets don't generate revenue for the VPD.

VI fee's are paid to the shops, and tickets aren't paid to the city. I think ICBC gets that right?

This is just lazy policing driven by some ranking loser cop who hates his job, this city, and you.
Dbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 12:01 AM   #4889
PM me for my nudes

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,001 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbone View Post
Obligatory: VI's and tickets don't generate revenue for the VPD.

VI fee's are paid to the shops, and tickets aren't paid to the city. I think ICBC gets that right?

This is just lazy policing driven by some ranking loser cop who hates his job, this city, and you.
you really think none of those fail to comply, excessive noise, etc 100% don't go to VPD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
This wouldn't happen if you didn't drive a peasant car like an Audi...
Quote:
[14-05, 14:59] FastAnna You tiny bra wearing, gigantic son of a bitch
[15-05, 10:35] FastAnna Yeah I was dreaming of those big titties in that tiny bra
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I'd probably blow someone for that 911
smoothie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 08:01 AM   #4890
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,822 Times in 3,903 Posts
not a city bylaw ticket so most of it is going to victoria/icbc not unlike covid fines
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-11-2021, 09:03 AM   #4891
I don't get it

Someone in the public sector once told me that if a department wants additional funding from the government, they have to prove with numbers that they are currently overwhelmed.

When a department is allowing its officers to let their imaginations run wild interpreting the law to target something as commonplace as stock vehicles that are federally certified to be sold and operated on public roads, said department is going to need a lot of funding.
JL9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 08:48 PM   #4892
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,726 Times in 546 Posts
https://vancouversun.com/news/judge-...ion-icbc-claim
bcedhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 03:56 PM   #4893
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

After the inspection and the stupid sticker, do I have to bring the ticket into the police station to show them?
wonton1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 01:27 PM   #4894
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonton1017 View Post
After the inspection and the stupid sticker, do I have to bring the ticket into the police station to show them?
No, the inspection facility passes on the report to ICBC. You just need to keep the sticker on your windshield, and inspection sheet in your car for a year.
LastShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 07:20 PM   #4895
RS controls my life!

Thanked 2,003 Times in 216 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbone View Post
Well said. I can't even fathom at how this guy goes home and tells his kids or wife about his job that day over dinner with a straight face.

"Oh look kids. Your supercop father gave out THREE VIs today. One for a lowered car and another for an obnoxiously loud exhaust! We probably prevented them from robbing the bank! You can check it out on my buddy's IG! VPD PRIDE!"
prelude_prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 08:03 PM   #4896
Ask me about how I answered the question "How fat is TOO fat?"

Thanked 4,122 Times in 1,141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorneringArtist View Post
VPD protesting their budget freeze despite getting funding above inflation for years, yet Cain and Co. have enough resources for a harassment campaign?
Its absolute bullshit. They have VPD staffed on Cambie and 41st right now "enforcing traffic flow" since that entire intersection is currently under construction. It's a complete waste of policing resources.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Current
e92 335i 6MT FBO
e90 330i 6MT
Former
e46 330ci 5MT - RIP
uc1 5AT
em2 5MT
db7 5AT - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota86 View Post
the guys over at lambo vancouver said there are 60-70 pre-orders already. don't quote me though.
The_AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 12:07 AM   #4897
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 2,496 Times in 555 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AK View Post
Its absolute bullshit. They have VPD staffed on Cambie and 41st right now "enforcing traffic flow" since that entire intersection is currently under construction. It's a complete waste of policing resources.
To be fair, that intersection is a complete shit show right now
8th May 2021 - 30th Sept 2023

'99 SAAB 9-3 (3DR) (5MT) (sold)
'02 SAAB 9-5 Aero (5MT)
27th Sept 2015 - 17th Sept 2017

'03 Corolla (4AT)
2009-2020

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Klondike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 12:13 PM   #4898
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AK View Post
Those aren't real VPD officers. They are just traffic patrols that get paid like $20 something per hour. They don't/can't enforce traffic violations.
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-15-2021, 03:07 PM   #4899
:: Sells McLarens, Not tofu :okay: ::

Thanked 11,815 Times in 3,329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro7r View Post
Those aren't real VPD officers. They are just traffic patrols that get paid like $20 something per hour. They don't/can't enforce traffic violations.
last time I drove by, the dude actually had a gun.

13' Nissan DBA-R35 GT-R Black Ed - Black met. - "Sophia"

00' Acura 1.6EL - // Power of dreams Project - "Unity"

02' Nissan M35 Stagea - "Wynn"

91' Honda EF Civic CX - "Xander"

- The Drinker of Many Many Coffees @ McLaren Vancouver
tofu1413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 03:45 PM   #4900
Ask me about how I answered the question "How fat is TOO fat?"

Thanked 4,122 Times in 1,141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
last time I drove by, the dude actually had a gun.
Now i dont know what to believe. Are you sure it wasn't a holster with quarters in case he needs to call the real police?

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Current
e92 335i 6MT FBO
e90 330i 6MT
Former
e46 330ci 5MT - RIP
uc1 5AT
em2 5MT
db7 5AT - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota86 View Post
the guys over at lambo vancouver said there are 60-70 pre-orders already. don't quote me though.
The_AK is offline   Reply With Quote